It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I don't think there's any question over who did this. It was clearly conservative/christian terrorists.

So we have Christian fundamentalists commiting terrorist attacks on Muslims because they hate their freedom of religion. Amusing.

I guess its fortunate nobody was hurt.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRTMG
I don't think there's any question over who did this. It was clearly conservative/christian terrorists.

Again, based on what evidence besides your own obvious bias - actually, bigotry towards conservative Christians?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So we don't know who did the attempted arson, but I think we are relatively safe in assuming the perpetrators were motivated by the controversy and rhetoric surrounding the issue?...or is this where everybody pretends to be blind and deaf?

Tennessee went through a spate of church burnings in the 90's...black baptist churches...two of them a few miles apart on MLK day...coincidence that this happened this weekend?

Add that to a Muslim NYC cab driver getting stabbed etc.etc.

Words have consequences and if the talking heads, Fox News, etc. are going to proclaim an entire faith the ENEMY who is trying to kill you...we can expect unhinged folks to do more of the same and worse.

Pat Roberston fear Mongering about this mosque a week ago..

He went on to say that Muslims could end up taking over the city council to pass ordinances that require public prayer and foot washing.
Before long, you'll have girls in schools with head dresses on, he said.

www.dnj.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
So we don't know who did the attempted arson, but I think we are relatively safe in assuming the perpetrators were motivated by the controversy and rhetoric surrounding the issue?...or is this where everybody pretends to be blind and deaf?

My point exactly. Don't really know yet who did this. Both sides could think they have something to gain.

Tennessee went through a spate of church burnings in the 90's...black baptist churches...two of them a few miles apart on MLK day...coincidence that this happened this weekend?

Convenient if libs can get a bunch of people to believe this based on no actual evidence, no?

Add that to a Muslim NYC cab driver getting stabbed etc.etc.

Really reaching ... Take this kind of "evidence" to a court of law and see how far you get in prosecuting your case.

Words have consequences and if the talking heads, Fox News, etc. are going to proclaim an entire faith the ENEMY who is trying to kill you...we can expect unhinged folks to do more of the same and worse.

Pat Roberston fear Mongering about this mosque a week ago..

He went on to say that Muslims could end up taking over the city council to pass ordinances that require public prayer and foot washing.
Before long, you'll have girls in schools with head dresses on, he said.

www.dnj.com...

Just as you and others use fear mongering to hypocritically try to blame this event on Christians based on nothing more than your own bias and bigotry. A web-based lynch mob, if you will.

[edit on 8/30/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
well

america not only exports terrorists, they act in their very own soil

this is an act of terrorism

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
well

america not only exports terrorists, they act in their very own soil

this is an act of terrorism

And your country is?

Are you willing to discuss your country's record vis a vis the U.S.?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Yeah, this isn't the first time this has happened at this location, and won't be the last. I tell you now the fact that this was an Islamic Mosque had little to nothing to do with what happened.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Again, based on what evidence besides your own obvious bias - actually, bigotry towards conservative Christians?

A little something called "deduction" will serve as any evidence I need. How can anyone come to conclusions without it?

Am I ignorant for concluding that christian/conservatives are responsible because of a little anger over a construction site in NYC? I don't know, perhaps I'm being logical? If we assume that others are responsible, what's the motive? The only theory posed thus far (that I've seen) is a conspiracy linking democrats to the arson. If that scenario were true, it'd be completely counterproductive, as it'd go completely against what Liberals are defending. Not to mention if they were caught and prosecuted later. In short, it makes absolutely no sense.

Have you asked youself who's the most likely candidate? Have you asked yourself what topic is quite commonly talked amongst conservative television/talk radio today? These are factors which inspire acts of terror. We've already seen videos of citizens being wrongly desecrated at anti-mosque rallies. Is it really that big of a jump to conclude who the most likely candidate is? I don't know, you tell me.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Ok ok i just have to jump in now.

#1 THERE WAS NO BUILDING (not that you said that snarf and its still not right)
#2 Christians or should i say real Christians do not persecute other religions.
#3 Was it a Christian who did this? Was it a construction worker who needed the insurances money or a punk kid?

I see so many people yell "bigot" when anything happens to the Muslims and or Islamic Centers but then turn around and damn the Christians.

Really??

We don't know who did this it could of been the Imam for all we know or the construction workers and what is with the "Right Wingers" was this a "burn the vote" event? How is this political?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
S and F

This is horrible, dont people understand this isnt the way to do things? This only begets more violence........

Violence is never an answer, I dont care what youre views are. If people really want to change things, they only hurt themselves worse doing things like this...

Horrible

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

A little something called "deduction" will serve as any evidence I need. How can anyone come to conclusions without it?

Understood. Lynch mobs used to use the same kind of reasoning all the time. It made "sense" to them that someone was guilty and that's all they needed to convict and execute someone for a crime.

Am I ignorant for concluding that christian/conservatives are responsible because of a little anger over a construction site in NYC?

Ask yourself. Do you have any actual facts in the Tennessee case? No. Are you basing your conclusions solely on your own bias? Yes. Sounds pretty ignorant to me.

I don't know, perhaps I'm being logical? If we assume that others are responsible, what's the motive? The only theory posed thus far (that I've seen) is a conspiracy linking democrats to the arson. If that scenario were true, it'd be completely counterproductive, as it'd go completely against what Liberals are defending. Not to mention if they were caught and prosecuted later. In short, it makes absolutely no sense.

It would make no sense to a naive person with liberal tunnel vision - perhaps.

Have you asked youself who's the most likely candidate? Have you asked yourself what topic is quite commonly talked amongst conservative television/talk radio today? These are factors which inspire acts of terror. We've already seen videos of citizens being wrongly desecrated at anti-mosque rallies. Is it really that big of a jump to conclude who the most likely candidate is? I don't know, you tell me.

Have you asked yourself whether this kind of "evidence" is enough to convict someone in a court of law?

The answer should be hopefully never!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Worked with a few Christians who seemed to like me and appeared to be genuinely concerned and saddened that I should burn in Hell.
Worked with a few Muslims who seemed to like me and appeared to be genuinely concerned and saddened that I should be put to death.
See the difference?
I've had this very discussion with a few Muslim members here on ATS and the consensus has been that I , as a gay man, should simply avoid majority Muslim areas since homosexuality is in conflict with Islam.
If a tipping point is reached, will I be protected by the Constitution or subject to sharia law?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SIRTMG

Yes you are ignorant for automatically assuming who did this without facts or evidence.....

you asked

I suppose if you are wrong you will come back and apologize?

You see it could easily have been anyone else, and considering how RABID things have been politically, whose to say that it wasnt a left wing person trying to stir the pot?

You simply dont know without facts, so making assumptions there of without this is completely ignorant......

Kind of like when the MSM accused conservatives of throwing rocks through a DEM politicians window , lol funny thing was.....it wasnt .......weird......

[edit on 30-8-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Just as you and others use fear mongering to hypocritically try to blame this event on Christians based on nothing more than your own bias and bigotry.

Maybe you can show me where I blamed it on Christians?

I quoted Pat Robertson's public statements, if you think he inspired someone of the Christian faith to do this...that is your issue, not mine.

I could just as easily quote Fox News, Glenn Beck or Sarah Palin if I wanted to fully demonstrate the choir of divisive, intolerant, bigoted rhetoric.

Pat Robertson is only the latest in the parade of idiots to comment.

Save your trolling for some who still takes you seriously.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

Originally posted by Common Good
Was it morally right to build it? Obviously not, but its still their right to build it.

Obviously not morally right to whom? When you bring morals into an issue you just turn it into a cryfest.

Morals are meaningless.

This, is what causes mosques to get set on fire. Its pretty simple.

Could have fooled me. I thought it was a bunch of openly fascist hate mongers targeting an entire religious group for the alleged (and I must stress that) actions of the few.

The more and more we go on here. The more and more this looks like Pre WW2 Nazi Germany springing up in the US.

There are so many parallels it isn't funny anymore. And I wish I the people who are pushing this Islamophobia in the US could see what they're doing to our once free and tolerant country.

Right On! And I wish to add that once you remove the rights, you remove them for yourselves. I want those against the mosque to un-dumb-down a sec and think. What gives Americans the right to build religious places of worship (generally lumped together and not separated) Why The First Amendment of the Constitution of course! Now, in order to get rid of that mosque you will have to get rid of what? The First Amendment of the Constitution! Once gone, the government can do anything with anyone regarding religion they wish. ANY RELIGION.
My 2 cents: They couldn't start a race war between blacks and whites in order to get rid of the Bill of Rights, so now why not divide up the religions and get rid of the entire Constitution by marital law.
Yes, reminding me of WWII and the dog and pony show of Hitler and Stalin with the Polish people next in line to play "Who'll Survive Auschwitz"!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Just as you and others use fear mongering to hypocritically try to blame this event on Christians based on nothing more than your own bias and bigotry.

Maybe you can show me where I blamed it on Christians?

I quoted Pat Robertson's public statements, if you think he inspired someone of the Christian faith to do this...that is your issue, not mine.

There you have it by your own admission - your reference to Pat Robertson, who everyone knows is a Christian.

I could just as easily quote Fox News, Glenn Beck or Sarah Palin if I wanted to fully demonstrate the choir of divisive, intolerant, bigoted rhetoric.

But you'd be showing your own hypocrisy since you obviously do the same types of things.

Pat Robertson is only the latest in the parade of idiots to comment.

Save your trolling for some who still takes you seriously.

YOU say Robertson is an "idiot" and that I am a "troll".

That's all you've got, name calling?

Sad and pathetic ...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaWhiz
I want those against the mosque to un-dumb-down a sec and think.

Question.

Can a liberal post on ANY of these threads without resorting insults and name calling? It seems not.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee
reply to post by Annee

Worked with a few Christians who seemed to like me and appeared to be genuinely concerned and saddened that I should burn in Hell.
Worked with a few Muslims who seemed to like me and appeared to be genuinely concerned and saddened that I should be put to death.
See the difference?

Not really - I do not see the difference. Are you telling me these individuals you worked with are going to put you to death?

I'm sure they understand if you were in one of the Muslim countries this could happen - - but you're not. And they are not going to take it upon themselves to put you to death.

Why do you think so many Muslims are leaving their own countries? They want freedom too.

I do not support Bush invading Iraq and killing many innocent civilians. But I had no control over that. They really have no control over the extreme rulers of their countries either.

I think you're just using this as an excuse.

And when I use the term Extreme Right Wing - - - I no longer include the label Christian. There are many good Christians and many good Muslims.

Extremism belongs by itself.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaWhiz
I want those against the mosque to un-dumb-down a sec and think.

Question.

Can a liberal post on ANY of these threads without resorting insults and name calling? It seems not.

Sure, when you read in context, it helps tons. Try that for once.
But I'll help ya....
The Dumb Down of Americans is a theory, a well known theory for most who read more than just what a teach says is good enough to pass a course. The major works on The Dumb Down of America are:
en.wikipedia.org...
The concept "dumbing down" can point to a variety of different things but the concept always involves a claim about the simplification of culture, education, and thought, a decline in creativity and innovation, a degradation of artistic, cultural, and intellectual standards, or the undermining of the very idea of a standard, and the trivialisation of cultural, artistic, and academic creations.
www.truth-out.org...
By espousing empirically based standards as a fix for educational problems, advocates of these measures do more than oversimplify complex issues, they also remove the classroom from larger social, political and economic forces and offer up anti-intellectual and ethically debased technical and punitive solutions to school and classroom problems.
www.deliberatedumbingdown.com... (This ones a PDF guys and I can't get a snippet from it, sorry.)

So it was not an insult to anyone and the fact that you took it as one makes me wonder about you. Please get some rest.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yeah, yeah, yeah, more bickering. Check out this thread. That's what Christianity and Islam are really about.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join