It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
There you have it by your own admission - your reference to Pat Robertson, who everyone knows is a Christian.

Uhhh..guilt by association much? I quote Robertson and you assume I am saying that Christians are guilty of Arson??

I am saying Pat Robertson is an idiot and fear mongering.

YOU say Robertson is an "idiot" and that I am a "troll".

That's all you've got, name calling?

Just being accurate...didn't realize Pat Robertson was a hero of yours, but it makes sense given the things he says.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Alien Mind

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Alien Mind

Originally posted by camaro68ss
If this happend to a church i bet you would not post it!

Thats what i was thinking, they wouldn't have a problem watching christains burn. I find funny how annee thinks she can decide what is right or wrong.

Its called the Constitution.

Or do you prefer majority mob rule?

Is it in the Constitution to call everyone in the south a racist redneck?

Yeah - well I grew up near Hollywood.

Wanna tell me you've never made any derogatory Liberal remarks about Hollywood? . . . or California?

No i haven't because i could care less what you do in cali

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
So we don't know who did the attempted arson, but I think we are relatively safe in assuming the perpetrators were motivated by the controversy and rhetoric surrounding the issue?...or is this where everybody pretends to be blind and deaf?

Tennessee went through a spate of church burnings in the 90's...black baptist churches...two of them a few miles apart on MLK day...coincidence that this happened this weekend?

Add that to a Muslim NYC cab driver getting stabbed etc.etc.

Words have consequences and if the talking heads, Fox News, etc. are going to proclaim an entire faith the ENEMY who is trying to kill you...we can expect unhinged folks to do more of the same and worse.

Pat Roberston fear Mongering about this mosque a week ago..

He went on to say that Muslims could end up taking over the city council to pass ordinances that require public prayer and foot washing.
Before long, you'll have girls in schools with head dresses on, he said.

www.dnj.com...

Well we can guess considering the rhetoric and its direction, but here's one better: Suppose it was agent provocateurs? eh? Americans aren't moving fast enough towards civil war and these are the pushes to get us there. Keep it in mind people.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRTMG

I don't think there's any question over who did this. It was clearly conservative/christian terrorists.

Again, based on what evidence besides your own obvious bias - actually, bigotry towards conservative Christians?

A little something called "deduction" will serve as any evidence I need. How can anyone come to conclusions without it?

Understood. Lynch mobs used to use the same kind of reasoning all the time. It made "sense" to them that someone was guilty and that's all they needed to convict and execute someone for a crime.

Am I ignorant for concluding that christian/conservatives are responsible because of a little anger over a construction site in NYC?

Ask yourself. Do you have any actual facts in the Tennessee case? No. Are you basing your conclusions solely on your own bias? Yes. Sounds pretty ignorant to me.

I don't know, perhaps I'm being logical? If we assume that others are responsible, what's the motive? The only theory posed thus far (that I've seen) is a conspiracy linking democrats to the arson. If that scenario were true, it'd be completely counterproductive, as it'd go completely against what Liberals are defending. Not to mention if they were caught and prosecuted later. In short, it makes absolutely no sense.

It would make no sense to a naive person with liberal tunnel vision - perhaps.

Have you asked youself who's the most likely candidate? Have you asked yourself what topic is quite commonly talked amongst conservative television/talk radio today? These are factors which inspire acts of terror. We've already seen videos of citizens being wrongly desecrated at anti-mosque rallies. Is it really that big of a jump to conclude who the most likely candidate is? I don't know, you tell me.

Have you asked yourself whether this kind of "evidence" is enough to convict someone in a court of law?

The answer should be hopefully never!

I'm using logic and deduction based on current events. Christian/conservative terrorists are the most likely candidates to have committed this horrible act of arson.

Then again, I'm not in the profession to examine evidence that may-or- may-not hold the definitive answer. All we can do is make assumptions based off the information we have. My views are tentative as always, but I think I'm perhaps being a bit too logical. When I heard of christian/conservatives having big time issues with the NYC mosque, I knew things like this would happen. My prediction came true, and I fear its not the end of it either.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SIRTMG

Actually the arson and / or vandalism of religious buildings in the southeast is a fairly common occurance and it is usually the work of rowdy and misguided teens.

So, IMO, that would be the logical place to look if one was to make a guess about who might have been involved.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
[

Just being accurate...didn't realize Pat Robertson was a hero of yours, but it makes sense given the things he says.

Paraphrasing you, show me where I ever said Robertson was a hero of mine.

Save you the time - you can't. And he's not.

Now show me why it isn't sad and hypocritical to have you crying on a series of threads about how terrible it is to have people using what YOU think is circumstantial evidence about obama being this or that, and then turning around and doing the EXACT same thing yourself on this thread to demonize Christians.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaWhiz
I want those against the mosque to un-dumb-down a sec and think.

Question.

Can a liberal post on ANY of these threads without resorting insults and name calling? It seems not.

[edit on 8/30/2010 by centurion1211]

What makes you think I'm a liberal? Please Mr. Psychic who knows all and thinks he tells all - what am I? :: Name calling starts here ::
I'd trap you with that one but let's face it, you are the name caller with the "Liberal" crack. You are the one pushing buttons like its fact or something. Really dude, you need some sleep.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I want those against the mosque to un-dumb-down a sec and think.

Question.

Can a liberal post on ANY of these threads without resorting insults and name calling? It seems not.

What makes you think I'm a liberal? Please Mr. Psychic who knows all and thinks he tells all - what am I? :: Name calling starts here ::
I'd trap you with that one but let's face it, you are the name caller with the "Liberal" crack. You are the one pushing buttons like its fact or something. Really dude, you need some sleep.

When someone criticizes centurions position he automatically assumes they are a liberal democrat marxist who hates America. And I'm not kidding. Look at his post history.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I grew up in the most backward part of Appalachia. I came out there thirty years ago. I know how many religious people view gays.
A few years ago, I lived in a part of Montreal that was quickly turning into a neighborhood of Muslim immigrants. I know how those recent immigrants felt about my partner and myself. Don't think that those people left their views of homosexuality behind. Many would kill gay people. They made that clear. The only Muslims I've known who accepted me were not devout.
It isn't just a cultural viewpoint that will lessen as the generations westernize. It's a religious view that is not as flexible as the Judeo-Christian stance of today. Even CBC's show "Little Mosque on the Prarie" avoids the subject of homosexuality. I've yet to see a moderate "live and let live" stance from any sect of Islam on this matter.
Hopefully , I'm mistaken.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I'm using logic and deduction based on current events. Christian/conservative terrorists are the most likely candidates to have committed this horrible act of arson.

The correct statement is that you believe you are using logic and deduction. You should also consider that your beliefs might be false on that AND your premise that Christians are automatically to blame.

All we can do is make assumptions based off the information we have. My views are tentative as always, but I think I'm perhaps being a bit too logical. When I heard of christian/conservatives having big time issues with the NYC mosque, I knew things like this would happen. My prediction came true, and I fear its not the end of it either.

No one forced you to make any assumptions one way or the other. You need to admit that you chose to make them and also chose to use your own bias in making them.

You also need to understand that your "prediction" could also have come true at the hands of people who fully understand that there are many others like you that would automatically place the blame on the Christians without even giving it a second thought. That's called prejudice, because you have pre-judged a group of people. Sound terribly familiar to you?

Deny ignorance.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by SIRTMG

Actually the arson and / or vandalism of religious buildings in the southeast is a fairly common occurance and it is usually the work of rowdy and misguided teens.

So, IMO, that would be the logical place to look if one was to make a guess about who might have been involved.

Nah, that wouldn't be too logical.

Do you have sources detailing accounts where Mosques were targeted in this state by teens before the whole NYC mosque issue came to light?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SIRTMG

I didn't say "mosques" I said religious buildings. And I didn't say in that state, I said in the southeast.

A google search should be adequate for finding any number of instances.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The correct statement is that you believe you are using logic and deduction. You should also consider that your beliefs might be false on that AND your premise that Christians are automatically to blame.

All we can do is make assumptions based off the information we have. My views are tentative as always, but I think I'm perhaps being a bit too logical. When I heard of christian/conservatives having big time issues with the NYC mosque, I knew things like this would happen. My prediction came true, and I fear its not the end of it either.

No one forced you to make any assumptions one way or the other. You need to admit that you chose to make them and also chose to use your own bias in making them.

You also need to understand that your "prediction" could also have come true at the hands of people who fully understand that there are many others like you that would automatically place the blame on the Christians without even giving it a second thought. That's called prejudice, because you have pre-judged a group of people. Sound terribly familiar to you?

Deny ignorance.

I did use the word "terrorists" a few times. I'm not pre-judging an entire group, I'm simply stating that the one's who committed this act were probably extremist Christians with a chip on their shoulder. So no, it doesn't sound terribly familiar. Nice try, though.

I stand by my assumptions, so you can call me ignorant all you want, but the fact doesn't change that the one's responsible were most likely christian/conservative terrorists. I already said my view was tentative and openly embrace whatever evidence may come, but at the moment, this is my stance.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by SIRTMG

I didn't say "mosques" I said religious buildings. And I didn't say in that state, I said in the southeast.

A google search should be adequate for finding any number of instances.

Ok, so its getting a lot more broad? I forget, were we originally talking about a mosque in Tenn?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

I do appreciate your feelings - - I really do. Just giving perspective.

I am 64+ - - seen a lot of changes over the years.

Always thankful I was raised on the Los Angeles beaches though. Never had to undo a narrow programmed mind.

Muslims wouldn't take too kindly to this female either. Heck - I've had my run ins with various denominations of Christians.

Still - - I try to accept people as individuals - - not a group they belong to.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I did use the word "terrorists" a few times. I'm not pre-judging an entire group, I'm simply stating that the one's who committed this act were probably extremist Christians with a chip on their shoulder.

Sounds like you don't even understand your own words. That's common enough here. The key prejudicial word you used was "Christians", not "terrorists".

So no, it doesn't sound terribly familiar. Nice try, though.

The reference to "terribly familiar" was about how so many (you included perhaps on other threads?) have jumped to calling anyone opposed to the NYC mosque being built very near ground zero as being bigoted and even racist (incorrect usage of the word). Now you've assumed that this mosque was attacked by "Christian terrorists".

Anyone notice which group is doing all the prejudicial labeling and name calling? Strangely and hypocritically it is the very people that say they are against such tactics - the liberals here on ATS and elsewhere.

I stand by my assumptions, so you can call me ignorant all you want, but the fact doesn't change that the one's responsible were most likely christian/conservative terrorists.

No further need on my part. You're doing a great job of it all by yourself.

Edit to add:

Perhaps your post from the "am I losing my religion" thread will help shed some insight on your prejudice towards what you call "Christian terrorists".

If God is real, he's a sick son of a bitch. That said, he's not, and we as humans should accept the circumstances of life and aspire to help others without the reaching for help from an imaginary figure in the sky!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I did use the word "terrorists" a few times. I'm not pre-judging an entire group, I'm simply stating that the one's who committed this act were probably extremist Christians with a chip on their shoulder.

Sounds like you don't even understand your own words. That's common enough here. The key prejudicial word you used was "Christians", not "terrorists".

So no, it doesn't sound terribly familiar. Nice try, though.

The reference to "terribly familiar" was about how so many (you included perhaps on other threads?) have jumped to calling anyone opposed to the NYC mosque being built very near ground zero as being bigoted and even racist (incorrect usage of the word). Now you've assumed that this mosque was attacked by "Christian terrorists".

Anyone notice which group is doing all the prejudicial labeling and name calling? Strangely and hypocritically it is the very people that say they are against such tactics - the liberals here on ATS and elsewhere.

I stand by my assumptions, so you can call me ignorant all you want, but the fact doesn't change that the one's responsible were most likely christian/conservative terrorists.

No further need on my part. You're doing a great job of it all by yourself.

What an in depth and thorough examination of my post! You totally understood what I was getting at! So alright, from now on, no assumptions. Not even one that assumes I'm liberal. Because you know, it was blatantly obvious that I was grouping all Christians into the same boat. Even those 80+ year old Christian neighbors that live across the street from me. I'm sure they would've done the same.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I try to judge people as individuals, as well.
Sadly, I'm aware of what like-minded individuals are capable of when they form a group.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee
reply to post by Annee

I try to judge people as individuals, as well.
Sadly, I'm aware of what like-minded individuals are capable of when they form a group.

Well yeah.

We must all evolve.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

So it begins.

I honestly believe that the Muslims are in a similar position as the Jews in pre WW2 Germany. People seem to think that one day the Jews were merely herded into camps without any warning, but this is far from the truth. The buildup was very slow, the hatred creeping in and i believe this is what we are seeing in the USA and to a lesser extent the UK.

The difference between the Jews in Germany and the Muslims is that the Muslims have extremist sects who will fight back and this will only further encourage the hatred of such people. I hate to be alarmist but if this situation isn't handled carefully, if calm is not called for from more right wing sources then this could erupt into a terrible situation.

I know some people want this to happen but i don't, the world needs peaceful discourse like never before.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join