It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

www.cbsnews.com

Federal officials are investigating a fire that started overnight at the site of a new Islamic center in a Nashville suburb.

Ben Goodwin of the Rutherford County Sheriff's Department confirmed to CBS Affiliate WTVF that the fire, which burned construction equipment at the future site of the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro, is being ruled as arson.

Special Agent Andy Anderson of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives told CBS News that the fire destroyed one piece of construction equipment and damaged three others. Gas was poured over the equipment to start the fi
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Ok now this is going too far, people have to understand that everyone has the right to pray the way they want to in this country.

I fear that the right is getting worse and I hope that some reality starts getting filtered into them soon because this insanity has to stop.

When will people realize that you don't have to be bigots to be American?

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Why not have a Kristallnacht to go with your Reichstag fire?

Teach those Juden a lesson they won't forget..... erm I mean Muslims.

Burn all the Mosques to the ground!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
So what? Where are the Right Wingers? Why aren't you jumping for joy over this news? I mean it's what you all really want right?

Maybe next time the Imam will be inside the mosque when it goes up in flames right? Don't you guys think that would be keen?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I knew this was going to happen, I even stated so a couple months back when this all first started. Not this particular Mosque, but towards the Mosque in NY. (I forget what thread)

Personally, I could give a damn about them building a mosque, they have that right as Americans to do so. Was it morally right to build it? Obviously not, but its still their right to build it.

Thing that suprises me most, is peoples inabilities to see why people would do such things. It may be political, but IMO, its purely religious motives. "Christ!" "Allah!" "Christ!" "Allah!". And most people are more serious about their religion then they are about their politics(most of the time).

Basically, what it comes down to, is two peoples conflicting views on each others way of life. Neither of them want what the other have, and neither of them are willing to part ways. This, is what causes mosques to get set on fire. Its pretty simple. Soon, it will be churches, in retaliation. Then, it will be something much worse.

Like I have stated though, its their right to build.

BTW- it doesnt help the case by throwing political partisan garbage at a problem that involves someone burning down a church when you have no idea in the first place of who or why they did it.
Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Was it morally right to build it? Obviously not, but its still their right to build it.

Obviously not morally right to whom? When you bring morals into an issue you just turn it into a cryfest.

Morals are meaningless.

This, is what causes mosques to get set on fire. Its pretty simple.

Could have fooled me. I thought it was a bunch of openly fascist hate mongers targeting an entire religious group for the alleged (and I must stress that) actions of the few.

The more and more we go on here. The more and more this looks like Pre WW2 Nazi Germany springing up in the US.

There are so many parallels it isn't funny anymore. And I wish I the people who are pushing this Islamophobia in the US could see what they're doing to our once free and tolerant country.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

Originally posted by Common Good
Was it morally right to build it? Obviously not, but its still their right to build it.

Obviously not morally right to whom? When you bring morals into an issue you just turn it into a cryfest.

Morals are meaningless.

--I guess its not obvious to you. (shruggs)

This, is what causes mosques to get set on fire. Its pretty simple.

Could have fooled me. I thought it was a bunch of openly fascist hate mongers targeting an entire religious group for the alleged (and I must stress that) actions of the few.

--it was more than likely done by religious extremists--just like the religious extremists who flew planes into our buildings killing over 3000 people(if you believe in the official story that is).- But I thought that is basically what I said..
And I quote "Basically, what it comes down to, is two peoples conflicting views on each others way of life. Neither of them want what the other have, and neither of them are willing to part ways".

The more and more we go on here. The more and more this looks like Pre WW2 Nazi Germany springing up in the US.

There are so many parallels it isn't funny anymore. And I wish I the people who are pushing this Islamophobia in the US could see what they're doing to our once free and tolerant country.

-Once Free and Tolerant country- I dont think you will find any other country that is more tolerant than the US. Just my opinion. You cant expect everyone to share your views.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

But shouldn't it remain a free and tolerant country? Shouldn't people be able to have the right to worship as they please without the fear of actions such as this?

The fire department said it was arson.

While we can't at this point rule out anyone, I think it's pretty obvious the motive of the fire. Just like black church fires in the 1960s were obviously the work of hate groups like the KKK these seem to be about the same thing.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
well if they believe they are justified in the eyes of their god.... and the worlds ending soon because their bible says so.... Whats to stop them? its gonna get worse.... much much worse....

this is only the part where they think the worlds ending and they are fighting for their beliefs in god.... the next stage is where their god... heaven... and even the concept of human intelligence being unreplicatable, will vanish in frount of them under a weight of evidence that will force them into severe delusion or severe depression....

both ending in death, death, death.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This is really sad as this type of activities are happening in a progressive nation like America. Trust me guys you don't want to go this path. I am telling you this from my experience.

I remember in 1992 when a hard-line political party (B.J.P.) in India created a tense atmosphere among different religions, mainly Hindu and Muslims which resulted in illegal demolition of Babri Masjid ( a mosque in Ayodhya) which was created in 1527. The political party incited riots (such as what is happening in United States at the moment) involving 150,000 people and at the end it resulted in deaths of over 2000 people. You can read more about this incident here Babri Mosque. Here is a video of what happened

It was a shameful moment and a blot in the history of my country. I will never forget how a political party created division among fellow people on name of religion which resulted in this horrific incident. It's hard for me to say all this being born a Hindu (the political party which incited and led these riots were Hindu based party but they have never and never will represent me or what my country stands for) but I will not close my eyes to wrongs done. I was in primary school when all these riots happened and saw them myself, it's something you never want to see. It will never ever go away and will always haunt you.

I can only hope such things never ever occur again for any nation, group or religion of people. Above that I request you all never let your country or some political party go that way, it only ends in disaster and never anything good will come out of it.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Ek Bharatiya]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
America is NOT the most tolerant country in the world, but if we were to use a literal interpretation of the Constitution it would be the most tolerant, according to laws anyway.

America is beginning to look like the Weimar Republic, almost everything fits. It was the most tolerant, developed and advanced society in the world at the time, but after the wars it started in the 1910's and lost miserably it was pushed into an economic depression... sound familiar? Then massive political instability came to a relatively stable two-party state. Then a sense of distrust of minorities and secret societies arose, this was then manipulated by the charismatic Adolf Hitler and his Nazi Party.

So Hitler sat in Parliament for awhile with his party until he decided to scrap the Parliamentary process and call for a new election where his party won on a platform of racism, anti-Semitism, right-wing populism, ultra-nationalism and cultural conservatism... sound familiar?

I don't know the details of what happened in everyday society from 1925-1939, but I know it was marked with book burnings, murder, torture, persecution and massive reformation of the country and its people.

We could easily compare the Zionist regime in Israel with Benito Mussolini's Italy.

We as Americans regardless of political, religious or personal beliefs need to stand together and say aloud, "We believe in the core principles of our great Republic, among those are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness".

[edit on 8/30/2010 by Misoir]

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Oh the humanity, cry cry. So where did it say a right winger started the fire? I guess you and Bloomberg think alike , that bomber in times square just had to be a person that was against Obamacare (right winger). Oh thats right it was a Muslim, trying to please his god.
Or that muslim cabby that got stabbed, wasn't that a right winger too? Oh thats right is was a nutty left winger that sympathized with the muslims.
Oh lets jump to conclusions All Americans are bigots. Get real. whatukno, who is the real bigot?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Texcin

Have to admit there Tex, the shoe does seem to fit.

Let's see, where was this mosque? Oh that's right, in the south, not too many liberals in the south, but what do they have in the south? That's right Good God Fearing Christians who vote on the Right, and lots of them. So odds are in favor for an extremest right winger to be the blame for this, just geopolitically speaking.

Not saying that all right wingers are bigots, but people who protest and burn mosques down sure send a pretty clear intolerant message.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Texcin

Have to admit there Tex, the shoe does seem to fit.

Let's see, where was this mosque? Oh that's right, in the south, not too many liberals in the south, but what do they have in the south? That's right Good God Fearing Christians who vote on the Right, and lots of them. So odds are in favor for an extremest right winger to be the blame for this, just geopolitically speaking.

Not saying that all right wingers are bigots, but people who protest and burn mosques down sure send a pretty clear intolerant message.

WUK!

As a Southern liberal I can assure you that we do exist! And there are plenty of us!

It's just hard to get any press coverage when your idiot redneck neighbors go around setting fire to mosques and churches so darned often!

*ETA - Now your posts read in my head with the voice of Hugh Laurie!

[edit on 8/30/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Personally, I could give a damn about them building a mosque, they have that right as Americans to do so. Was it morally right to build it? Obviously not, but its still their right to build it.

Kind of reminds me of the Mohammad cartoons.. You draw the pictures, someone tries to kill you but fails, then I say: "was it morally right to draw those cartoons? obviously not, but it's still your right to draw them".

Finally some understanding

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
So is arson a first amendment issue? Sadly this is not unexpected, and it's definitely not a proud moment for America. Guess the oversaturation of coverage is getting to some people, emboldening them.

Here's one video...early reporting.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

This statement confuses me. Why would you think that it's immoral to build a house of worship?

One has to remember, the religion itself didn't do anything to America ever, terrorists do horrible things but not all terrorists are Muslim. You have to remember, not too long ago a person by the name of Timothy McVeigh, or in other countries, you have to remember groups like the IRA, these show that not all terrorists are Muslim.

But one is not the other.

It would be as if I blamed every Christian for the acts of The Army of God, or Westboro Baptist Church. It doesn't actually equate. Yes, there are those within these religions that take things WAY too far, but it's not the religions fault, it's the people's fault who take these things way too far.

It's not in my opinion immoral to believe the way you want to believe, it's not immoral to worship the way you want to worship. I am not Christian, I am not Muslim, and it's not my problem how someone else believes.

The problem arises when a group does things like this. It's counterproductive to the main cause of the group itself. I don't think that all right wingers would do this, but I think this was done as a political move, done by people who want to take away a person's 1st Amendment right to worship as they see fit, and I think that those people are going to be found out to be right wingers.

[edit on 8/30/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

-Once Free and Tolerant country- I dont think you will find any other country that is more tolerant than the US. Just my opinion. You cant expect everyone to share your views.

Thank god what you think is irrelevant to the fact of the matter.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

It doesn't take many people to burn a building down. You seem to be trying to paint the picture that the whole of Tennessee got together and burnt it down in a orgy of racism and hate. I thought better of you than to paint so many people with a broad brush.

-Will

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
for all you do-gooder Christians out there who think it's your biblical duty to persecute another religion...perhaps you should go check out that book you invest so much of your hatred in, the bible, and realize you're wrong.

You're representing people who believe in Christ...and Christ, in his own words in the Bible, condemns actions like yours.

There's a very warm stop in Hell waiting for you cowards.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join