It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Too ignorant to link to it, but I read that another group of Christians were evolved enough to give some mosque members a temporary meeting place, in Tennessee, yet.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
TPTB are starting to get what they want. Mass hysteria bought on by hate towards a specific group.

It's always been some sort of hate towards one group or another. Slaves, Jews (yes, in America if you look in your history), african-americans, the disabled (American had a Eugenics program long before the Nazis did), nazis, communists, and for the last 20 years or so, Muslims.

It's hate driven by the media, who are driven by TPTB to cause the mass hysteria towards certain groups as needed. In the 1920's, in was the KKK, In the 30's through the 50's, it was done by radio, in the 60's and 70's it was done by mass rallies, and since the 80's it has been done through mass control of the mainstream media outlets.

It seems that unless Americans have their hate directed towards one segment or another, TPTB aren't happy.

The sheeple are buying into the hatred propoganda. At least when the Nazis and the Communists did their propganda it was under actaul "Ministry of Propaganda" or "Ministry of Information" and everyone knew it for what it was. Here, it's called "News".

This type of reaction (burning of a mosque) is what TPTB want to see. when this leads to rioting in the streets (as is inevitable) it will give them their excuse for martial law.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Seems like I am the only one not allowed to do this. This sort of stereotyping happens on ATS all the time, but apparently if I do the same thing it's a low blow.

Hmm.

Proposed mosques all around the country are being protested against. The people that are protesting these mosques have the same mindset as our friend shai hulud, here, who believes that America is a Anglo Christian nation, although he is obviously forgetting that people first came to this land looking for religious freedom and that religious freedom is one of the greatest strengths of our nation.

In any investigation one must look at the most likely suspects first. In this case it would appear that someone does not want this mosque to be built, and that points to the protesters.

One of course cannot rule out that it might actually be a case where someone working alone just hates religion, a teenager, or even a member of the Mosque itself.

However those last three seem unlikely suspects at this point, while not ruling them out, the hatred for Islam by the right wing should not be ignored. It gives a person motive to carry out such an attack.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This is just a reflection upon how people feel about Islam. It's not Christians going after another religion just because they are another religion. Have you seen such animosity towards any other religion besides Islam? No, you haven't because Islam is a cancerous divider, their inability to integrate only leads to division in society. And who says they are Christian, I'm not christian and I can't stand Islam, not that I would do anything violent or condone it but, I can understand it.

You can be tolerant all you want, but don't force people that feel this way into being "tolerant". **** tolerance if it means blindly accepting everything in this messed up world. Islam/Muslims are of a society/culture that has long since needed to evolve. I would not expect you to be tolerant of Christians if they were still like the Christians of the 15th century. They need to go through some kind of womens rights movement, human rights movement or some kind of revolution and fix their ****. I don't hate anybody, I can hate the structures that make people the way they are though. And I could befriend anyone even a Muslim in a heartbeat, I'm a good guy regardless of WhatuKno thinks but that don't mean I have to accept their ****. We have eyes to see and ears to hear, this is why, this is why I'm hot.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by StarFox]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee
reply to post by Annee

Too ignorant to link to it, but I read that another group of Christians were evolved enough to give some mosque members a temporary meeting place, in Tennessee, yet.

Yep - there is a separate thread on it.

My church did the same thing when local Christians SW AZ - - tried to stop a mosque from being built.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The people that are against Muslims here obviously have never visited Dearborn MI. Which has a large Arab Immigrant population many of whom are Muslim. It's actually a pretty nice city unlike it's neighbor to the East (Detroit).

When people think of Muslims they seem to think of extremists who hate America and want to kill us all, but that is a small number of people. Just like any religion, yes Islam has nutbags who take things way too far.

You can't judge Christianity by the acts of groups like The Army of God, or the Westboro Baptist Church, these groups are just fringe nutcases and don't comprise the religion as a whole.

And you cannot excuse intolerance here because some Islamic countries are intolerant. That doesn't work either, America is not those Islamic countries. It's like comparing apples and oranges. Doesn't work.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarFox
This is just a reflection upon how people feel about Islam. It's not Christians going after another religion just because they are another religion. Have you seen such animosity towards any other religion besides Islam? No, you haven't because Islam is a cancerous divider, their inability to integrate only leads to division in society.
[edit on 30-8-2010 by StarFox]

Why do people feel this way? Because they're being brainwashed into feeling this way by MSM. The average Muslim is no better or worse than the average Christian. They just want to go about their every day business, make a daily living to support their families, see their kids grow up, celebrate family events, go to work every day, buy houses and cars, go on vacations, etc etc. Many so called "Muslims" are not practicing Muslims at all, just like many so called "Christians" are not practicing Christians either.

In the 1930's, when they needed someone to blame for society's downfall, the Nazis used the Jews as their scapegoat. The Nazis started their campaign against the Jews by encouraging defamation and burning of Synagogues. In the 1930's, the Nazis also called the Jews "a cancerous divider" or the equivalent of the time.

In reality, it was the Germans themselves who were descending into lifestyles of debauchery, just like now it's the average "Christian" American who is descending along the same path of debauchery. If you look at some of the nightclubs in Berlin in the 1930's, today's clubs wouldn't hold a candle to what went on then, and this was just before the Nazi's rise to power.

It's the same thing happening all over again, only this time TPTB are using Muslims as their scapegoats.

We're already seeing people railing against Muslims in the so called mainstream media (have you seen Limbaugh recently?) and people seem to think this is completely acceptable behaviour.

Pretty soon we'll see people smashing windows of Muslim businesses, Muslims forced to identify themselves in the street (remember the yellow star?), all capped off by forced relocation of Muslims into camps "for their own benefit and safety".

This will end badly, guaranteed. It might take a few years (after all, it took about 15 years to go from "let's blame the Jews" in the early to mid 1920's to concentration camps).

"Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it".

[edit on 30-8-2010 by babybunnies]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarFox
This is just a reflection upon how people feel about Islam. It's not Christians going after another religion just because they are another religion. Have you seen such animosity towards any other religion besides Islam? No, you haven't because Islam is a cancerous divider, their inability to integrate only leads to division in society. And who says they are Christian, I'm not christian and I can't stand Islam, not that I would do anything violent or condone it but, I can understand it.

Flashback - - White Christians bombing and burning Black Christian churches. Not even a different religion.

If you have a hateful prejudice - - Own It!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Isn't Dearborn a less than shining example of tolerance considering the kerfuffle over Christian missionaries at the Arab festival?
Not sure exactly what went on there, but it seems an odd thing to reference when discussing Christian intolerance of Muslims.Unless, of course, the entire incident was propaganda.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Why does everyone miss the ultimate premise of Islam? If you're not Muslim, you're ripe for conversion or death... don't pussyfoot around the topic with your niceties and rationalization and acceptance speeches - because the Muslims sure don't.

And yes, I am generalizing. Why? Because I know many Muslims who have left the religion because they aren't comfortable with the over-bearing message of Islam - they have seen and heard behavior at their places of worship (in the UK) that scares them...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoorfNZ
Why does everyone miss the ultimate premise of Islam? If you're not Muslim, you're ripe for conversion or death... don't pussyfoot around the topic with your niceties and rationalization and acceptance speeches - because the Muslims sure don't.

Have you studied Islam?

Have you ever participated in a group with Muslims?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Up until I left the UK a few years ago I spent a lot of time with Muslims... hence why I know so many. I lived in the shadow of the Finsbury Park Mosque in London for a while. I have seen them get hold of an area and refuse to integrate or make allowances for their host nation. Yes, I have sat and debated and yes, I know the rigid line they take with their religion and beliefs. Have you ever sat down and asked Muslims the "difficult" questions..?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

And yes, I am generalizing. Why? Because I know many Muslims who have left the religion because they aren't comfortable with the over-bearing message of Islam - they have seen and heard behavior at their places of worship (in the UK) that scares them...

And here is an article about the problem of Christian youth leaving the church.

Point is - - all faiths are losing members.

How Many Youth are Leaving the Church?
February 24, 2009 - Brett Kunkle

If you discovered about half of the students in your church's youth ministry were going to walk away from Christ after entering college, would you do something about it? I hope so. That's not a very good retention rate.

www.conversantlife.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Up until I left the UK a few years ago I spent a lot of time with Muslims... hence why I know so many. I lived in the shadow of the Finsbury Park Mosque in London for a while. I have seen them get hold of an area and refuse to integrate or make allowances for their host nation. Yes, I have sat and debated and yes, I know the rigid line they take with their religion and beliefs. Have you ever sat down and asked Muslims the "difficult" questions..?

Sounds like New York when all the Ethnic cultures were arriving.

I don't think what you describe is in any way unusual. Just more Muslim bashing.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

I am not sure what happened there either. But the story is here if you want to read it.

Seems like the people that were arrested weren't from Dearborn.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Flashback - - White Christians bombing and burning Black Christian churches. Not even a different religion.

If you have a hateful prejudice - - Own It!

Sorry, Annee to have to use your post for this, but unfortunately it is appropriate.

Hypocrisy alert!!!

How many here have posted (and/or starred) posts here about how anyone that posted against islam or gays or whatever group was a bigot or a racist because it is absolutely wrong to blame an entire religion or group for the actions of "a few nutcases"?

Come on, raise your hands - you know who you are.

OK, now how many of the exact same people are on this thread (and other previous similar threads) bashing Christians, conservatives, members of the tea party for ...

you may have guessed it ...

the assumed actions of an even smaller number of nutcases?

Is it hypocrisy, or only OK in your minds when you do it?

Answer: hypocrisy (both of the above choices are the same)

[edit on 8/30/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Firebombing aside, why is it permissable for the conservative Arab community of Dearborn to actively seek to democratically control the school board and local government to prevent "Americanisation" of their children?
When the reverse happens, traditionally Christian communities are derided as bigoted. Why is this?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by shai hulud
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I dont give a damn what these people and their degenerate "religion" want. This is not a country that will accept islamification. It is a Draconian 7th century warrior code that is incompatible to every other religion.

So instead, you want to stay in a country that uses a 250 year old document that is mostly incompatible with every modern ideal as its foundation instead?

You claim that Muslims are using a 7th century warrior code, but Christians are using a very bastardized version of a 1st century warrior code. And BOTH "religions" are founded on bedtime stories from centuries earlier than that.

Not defending any particular religion here as I'm a theocrat, but your points are nonsensical ramblings of someone brainwashed by the media that Islam is bad.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Looks like this topic is starting to drift, I mentioned Dearborn because it has a high Muslim population and is a pretty decent city.

Anywho back to the subject at hand...

Fire at site of future Tenn. mosque troubles city

Tennessee Gov. Phil Bredesen, a Democrat, weighed in on the project for the first time on Monday.

"I guess I would ask everybody to remember that this is a country whose deepest origins are in religious freedom — it was founded by people who escaped to it to practice their religions — and to ask people to please have great respect for anyone's religious preferences and their rights to practice those in the United States. I think it goes right to the heart of what this country is about."

Supporters of the Tennessee mosque and some leaders in other faiths hope the fire could be a wake-up call to support religious freedom.

Two years ago, several men broke into the Islamic Center of Columbia, about 30 miles southwest of Murfreesboro, and torched it with molotov cocktails, stealing a stereo system and painting swastikas and "White Power" on the front of the building.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Gotta wonder about the mentality of people who are so hate filled they would choose to try and take away another group of people's religious freedom, especially here in America.

Because in the end, in America we have the Constitutional right to freedom of religion. You don't have to believe in any religion not of your choosing, and the tolerance of a religion does not imply that the religion you are not a part of is going to take over and implement their own religious views politically. (although I would personally like to see less of a Christian mentality in our government, I don't believe that it's a good thing for politics and religion to mix.)

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What I'm seeing is a European world of mostly white Christians - - being displaced by a different ethnic group - mostly darker skinned of different culture and different belief system.

And I'm supposed to have sympathy?

What goes around - comes around.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join