It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

You answerd my question with clarity. Apparently it's a rarity here.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

So in all fairness, we are wasting our valuable life seconds discussing this and which in turn you come in here wasting your life seconds to bash us for wasting ours on this subject. I don't get it. Either join the discussion or not lol. We're all on here burnin the seconds away so don't knock us for not burning them the way you want us too.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Ahh yes America guilty until proven Innocent

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Guilty 'til proven innocent? Where'd you get that from my post? Unless you're being factious? In which case, never mind.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArkayikRuination
So in all fairness, we are wasting our valuable life seconds discussing this and which in turn you come in here wasting your life seconds to bash us for wasting ours on this subject. I don't get it. Either join the discussion or not lol. We're all on here burnin the seconds away so don't knock us for not burning them the way you want us too.

I am joining the discussion.

I am pointing out to everyone that's daft enough to jump to conclusions, based on their own presumptions, as to why it's wrong to assume who the perpetrator/s of this crime is/are.

I'm suggesting taking a less knee-jerk, and more informed, view of this topic, as I find it bizarre that any logical or objective person would immediately conclude the motive of the criminal/s responsible for this arson, when there are absolutely no facts to back up their assumptions.

Case very much open.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The Daily Show had a piece on this last week, the Right Wing Christians are fomenting this, led by one of the most self-righteous and incredibly ignorant people I have seen in a long time. You cannot reason with a zealot, you cannot fix stupidity.

These folks are FALSE CHRISTIANS, they are the anti-thesis of the Word of Christ and they will have to face this in the end.

To me, these BornAgains are some of the most cowardly and shallow creations on Earth. They believe, but uttering a few words and attending their ritualized hate fests in the guise of Christ that they are SAVED( another false belief). And yet, they lack inclusion, compassion, love and understanding. It is truly a pathetic perversion of the Divine.

We have become a country of dunces and hypocrites. I for one am tired of the daily spewing of hate. Orthodox Jews, extremist Muslims and right wing lunatic "Christians" are perverting the Word of God and we, the 90% who are walking in the Light are being taken down to their level and all of us are suffering needlessly. But do not fret, our time is at hand.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
So what? Where are the Right Wingers? Why aren't you jumping for joy over this news? I mean it's what you all really want right?

Well I guess you could call me one of the darn "right wingers" (funny how people like to group others that disagree with them). Arson against a religious building or construction site is stupid. I'm sure the culprits will be caught, most arsonists are amateurs, especially the kind that would torch a religion.

Is that good enough for you?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by whatukno

No evidence of anything save arson.

Rightwingers? Really? Where? Evidence, please. Oh yeah, there isn't any yet...

Yes, I know... Yet.

Just agreeing with you

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Alien Mind

Originally posted by old_god
All you need now are some burning crosses outside the building...deja-vu

It will also be deja-vu when it ends up being liberal stunt to make republicans look bad

I don't believe you seriously believe that.

. . . or do you?

And you don't?

Look at the road we are going down, it's history repeating itself only this time it's not black people that are at the end of a witch hunt but muslims.

It is obvious there is an all out attack on anything related to muslims and their religion, given all the media frenzy post 9/11 I can understand why but what I wasn't expecting was to witness America doing a u-turn on everything it had fought hard to abolish.

I am willing to bet that we will see many aspects of the past being played out before us.

It will only take something major in the MSM to stir up the already bubbling racism that is fermenting away under the surface both in the US and here in the UK where I live.

And it will only take one spark to ignite that hatred.

On both sides of the camp, you have people who are trying very hard to fuel this fire because they want conflicts - in the UK we call it the 'Hooligan Mentality' and it exists both in religious (Christians, Muslims) and non religious people.

Personally I think the UK is a little way of from that but it seems to be getting far worse in the US.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by old_god]

[edit on 30-8-2010 by old_god]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Ok now this is going too far, people have to understand that everyone has the right to pray the way they want to in this country.

I fear that the right is getting worse and I hope that some reality starts getting filtered into them soon because this insanity has to stop.

When will people realize that you don't have to be bigots to be American?

www.cbsnews.com

(visit the link for the full news article)

And once again history repeats itself as America takes on more giant leap to a Nazi like fascist state, where the only thing that can unite a party is vilianizing a whole religion in fear and hate.

People who lack vision and courage to attack our real problems with innovative ideas, hard work, and focus, just selecting a boogie man to whip and vent on imagining this some how makes them safer and the nation more prosperous.

Amazingly through it all they have managed to do is give the very people they despise a greater platform and sympathy through these actions while diminishing us all in the process.

Clearly the Christian Right has no faith in it's Religious Scriptures or God to protect them, and none in our constitution either.

Is it the Muslims who want to set up a theocracy in Amerca and impose religious law, or is it the Right Wing Christians?

I say it's the Right Wing Christians.

AKA the NEW AMERICAN NAZI PARTY.

[edit on 30/8/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by shai hulud
I don't give a damn if people call me a Nazi, which I find amusing since the Nazis liked Muslims and made two SS divisions out of them, or a bigot. So, those words mean nothing to me. Myself and the rest of the very heavily armed "Racist Southerners" are not going to allow alien culture to come in and disrupt the worship of Babby Jeebus.

"Babby Jeebus"???

Well the "heavily armed" south seemed to have no issue burning down the churches of "Babby Jesus" in the not so distant past as long as the congregation was a different skin color...and they could do so in a cowardly fashion in the dead of night....so at best your "babby Jeebus" bit seems inconsistent.

I wouldn't liken you to a Nazi...I rather see you for what you are...one of those folks that give the south a bad name...so utterly displeased with themselves that they desperately look to deride entire cultures and races just to salvage some false sense of relative self-worth...the kind of ignorant person that feeds the unfortunate stereotype that the south is full of intolerant inbreds. Likening you to a Nazi would be an undue promotion and would involve the assumption that you had the motor skills to button a uniform.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by maybereal11]

Hmm another arrogant comedian. The racial conflict that has plagued my region is the after effect of forcing two completly different cultures together at the point of a Federal gun. The result would be obvious to anyone with half a brain, but then again you were dealing with the Federal government and smug elitests ready to make their moral superiority bones. Black people got the shaft in the South for decades but the real screwing was nothing compared to the masters of the left that have reduced the Black community to economic slavery through dependency on the state.

Babby Jeebus is a way of life down here that is consistently pissed on by outsiders that do not want to offend the "culture" of people that is in open conflict with the ideals of the majority. I do not attend or prescribe to the Baptist thumpings down here, but I respect them for they are the ones who founded this country. The most I have to worry about is being prayed for to death, not blown up or beheaded. Your pathetic sophmoric jabs of "inbreds" and "nazis" goes about as far down here as your arrogance.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by 23refugee

As a gay "hillbilly", I prefer to take my chances with the bible thumpers. I may be shunned, but a lynching is much less likely than in Mecca.

Well - I think that is unfounded hysteria.

And my ancestors are the Pennsylvania Dutch who arrived here in the 1700s. From the Palentines. Due to religious persecution.

I am - by the way - familiar with the Radical Scotch/Irish hillbillies. My hobby is cultural/social anthropology.

Had a good friend shot in the back of the head by fag-bashers in Huntington , WV. Some people didn't care, but still seen as a murder by most. Must be the culture.
On television, I have seen dozens of gays hung in the town square in majority muslim countries. Nobody saw it as murder. Must be the culture.
I may be hysterical, but I recognize the lesser of two evils.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Cool. I thought you were...but keyboards sometimes don't convey quite what we want sometimes...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by shai hulud

Babby Jeebus is a way of life down here that is consistently pissed on by outsiders that do not want to offend the "culture" of people that is in open conflict with the ideals of the majority. I do not attend or prescribe to the Baptist thumpings down here, but I respect them for they are the ones who founded this country.

The Mason's founded the corporation not the baptists. It was the Quakers and the Shakers that founded the Company, the Boston Bay Company, that morphed into the corporation.

So where the Southern Baptists came into play is beyond me.

Yeah the Federal Government is a corporate military dictatorship but since no one is beheading anyone in Dixie your fears are just a political manipulation to use religious theocracy as law.

Which is why I contend conservative and Zionists Christians are so paranoid that someone might beat them to, what they themselves have long been trying to impose.

It wasn't Bible Thumpers that blazed the first trails west. The nation in fact belongs to no one ethnicity which is why some people have to use distinctions like Baptist to lay a claim to it.

The only religious zealots living in America instigating violence and wanting religious law to rule the land are Christians.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Easy with the generalizations there. ...and not just you.

I'm conservative, yet not Christian, nor Jew, nor Muslim... I've no more desire for a neo-christian theocracy than many of you.

...and I'd venture to guess, the vast majority of conservatives, even those rascally Christian ones, would agree with me, and you not coincidentally.

You see, this is why there is so much, dare I say it, animosity in politics today. ...and not just here in the States, either.

If one is conservative (guilty), or liberal (damn you...), or whatever, you are cast into the same light as the noisy radicals of the same ilk. It gets tiresome, and just a little bit frustrating.

Actually, a lot frustrating.

This act if arson has been proven to be only that, an act of arson. No one person, or group has been even accused...save in hyperbole of a most rancorous sort. Let's wait until some evidence of possible guilt has surfaced, or even actual guilt before we, or some of you, go lashing out.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker63

...and you know all of 'em, do you? Every single solitary one of those oh so nasty born-again cowards? Wow...you do get around, don't you?

Some are, I suppose, just that. Wouldn't surprise me. They are, after all, merely human, like the rest of us...with a complete set of foibles to go along with everything else.

Others, however, are not. Again, wouldn't surprise me. They are, after all, merely human, like the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by shai hulud

Babby Jeebus is a way of life down here that is consistently pissed on by outsiders that do not want to offend the "culture" of people that is in open conflict with the ideals of the majority. I do not attend or prescribe to the Baptist thumpings down here, but I respect them for they are the ones who founded this country.

The Mason's founded the corporation not the baptists. It was the Quakers and the Shakers that founded the Company, the Boston Bay Company, that morphed into the corporation.

So where the Southern Baptists came into play is beyond me.

Yeah the Federal Government is a corporate military dictatorship but since no one is beheading anyone in Dixie your fears are just a political manipulation to use religious theocracy as law.

Which is why I contend conservative and Zionists Christians are so paranoid that someone might beat them to, what they themselves have long been trying to impose.

It wasn't Bible Thumpers that blazed the first trails west. The nation in fact belongs to no one ethnicity which is why some people have to use distinctions like Baptist to lay a claim to it.

The only religious zealots living in America instigating violence and wanting religious law to rule the land are Christians.

By country I meant the old Confederacy, because in fact the South is an occupied nation that was appointed back into the Union, not voted in by the people. The Southern Baptists are and have been the backbone of the religious movement in the South for the past couple hundred years. IT gained it's power by being juxtaposed to the Northern denominations. You are correct in the assumption that the Masons have run the show since the beginning and still do.

I live under this "imposed" Baptist/Zion rule and I can tell you, aside form waking you up on Sundays and praying the hell out of you, thats about as far as it goes. I believe you guys are the paranoid ones. It's comical to think that The Southern churches have this much organised power with the degredation of society permeates everywhere. The power lies in the armed citizenry that despises government intervention and forced acceptance.

Also, I have to say wth man? The pioneers and trailblazers were not thumpers? My God, is that what they are teaching you in the Maoist colleges you guys are attending? Christ, literally.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I can appreciate your sentiments and as a non-partisan non-religious, dedicated and die hard hedonist I can tell you the only thing that frustrates me are dual standards.

I won't go so far as to say that had this been a Christian or Jewish Facility it would be recieving 24 hour coverage by the networks right now.

Paid experts would be on one after the other, theorizing on which extreme element involved in the War on Terror might be responsible.

Homeland Security would raise the threat level.

Do these people even understand that they have prohibited no small number of rings of criminals who would have normally stolen this equipment for black market profit?

That the insurance company is going to pay the owner of the equipment without even a trickle down effect of income into the black market community!

How are we ever going to restore the economy this way???

No it was a political statement, heavy equipment is the number one stolen item in the construction equipment.

This is further proof positive why the South lost the war, they do not know how to maximize resources and profits!

This is not just giving Americans a bad name in general internationally, but hurting the black market economy!

It is also displaying more of the dual standards that basically have created what limited problems we do have with Extreme Islamist Elements.

I have a problem with all this on multiple levels!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Alabama Church Fires: The Real Story
www.wingtv.net/thorn2006/churchfires.html
Victor Thorn – Wing TV

Let’s get this straight. The Alabama serial arsonists (Benjamin Moseley, Russell DeBusk, and Matthew Lee Cloyd) were good kids who simply went bad, and the nine Christian churches they burned to the ground (causing over $2 million in damages) was just “a prank.”

But before the guilty parties were arrested, the BATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms) was conducting an extensive investigation; church-goers in Alabama were horrified that they had psychopath-terrorists on their hands; while the media was going ballistic (ala the Unabomber, Ted Bundy, and Charles Manson).

But then the truth emerged about this matter. It seems three Jewish teenagers were the actual culprits; and all of a sudden the corporate press went silent (hell, they didn’t even mention that they were Jewish); while the religious elite (Amen Corner) didn’t utter a peep.

Still, these kids were just involved in a “joke,” right? WRONG! According to Judicial-inc.biz, these little bastards actually used “specially-designed thermite, or incendiary magnesium” to light the fires. Now ask yourself, how many of you have thermite lying around the house to start your barbeque in the backyard? Or do you think there’s more to the story?

Well, it’s recently been discovered that the Jewish deviants were practicing Satanists, and according to one friend, they went on “demon-hunting” trips. But hey, maybe these kids were just fun-loving devil-worshippers who simply dabbled in the occult.

But how about these statements: Matthew Lee Cloyd wrote on February 4, 2006, “Let us defy the very morals of society instilled upon us by our parents, our relatives, and of course Jesus!” Cloyd also wrote in January 2006, “It is time to reconvene the season of evil.” Do you think a series of destructive church burnings could be considered a “season of evil”?

In addition, here’s how a friend described Russell Lee DeBusk’s occult interests: “He thought he’d found something that worked for him. It’s not worshipping the devil. It’s nothing ritualistic. It’s about the pursuit of knowledge. He explained that there can be Satanic Christians.”

Huh? Satanic Christians? Is that like harmless pedophile babysitters? And lest we forget, didn’t the protagonist in Johann Wolfgang von Goethe’s Faust sell his soul to the devil in order to gain infinite wisdom … the “pursuit of knowledge”? Hell, these kids openly told their classmates they were “Satanists,” and during their terrorist activities, “They would break into the sanctuary and, in a conscious act, kindle at the altar.”

Do you understand the implications? These kids deliberately set fires at the most holy area of a church – the altar – and the literal (not to mention symbolic) ramifications are glaringly apparent.

The biggest question right now is: why haven’t there been any HATE CRIME charges? If this had been the KKK burning down nine synagogues, the ADL would have been screaming Hate Crime until the end of time. But it’s only referred to as a “joke that got out of hand” with these Jewish kids.

So let me ask: aren’t jokes supposed to be funny? But who the hell’s laughing? Two firefighters were harmed at a church in Bibb County, Alabama; while in Brierfield, a roof beam fell on Ben Fletcher’s head and injured his back. “They put these firemen’s lives on the line,” said Reverend Jim Parker. Yet this pastor of Ashby Baptist Church also said, “We’re very relieved to know this had no political, racial, or religious overtones.”

Say what? These kids were anti-Christian, Jesus-hating Satanists. How could it not have religious overtones, or not be a hate crime? Galilee Baptist Church Assistant Pastor Willie Speights summed it up best when commenting, “These kids knew what they were doing.” Or, as Ted Olsen of Christianity Today wrote, “it’s pretty surprising how accepting all media outlets seem to be about the claim that religion wasn’t the motive.”

Further proof can be

[edit on 30-8-2010 by donotinducevomiting]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This is what religion does - it divides people.

As long as there will be religions, there will be violence.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join