It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Gotta wonder about the mentality of people who are so hate filled they would choose to try and take away another group of people's religious freedom, especially here in America.

Sorry, who are you talking about here?

Gotta wonder at the mentality of people who fly planes into buildings...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Obviously that mentality doesn't reflect the whole.

See, that's what I am talking about. I have no problem with people being against terrorism. Terrorists are douche bags and should be brought to justice.

That includes American terrorists who burn down religious buildings.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
What I'm seeing is a European world of mostly white Christians - - being displaced by a different ethnic group - mostly darker skinned of different culture and different belief system.

And I'm supposed to have sympathy?

What goes around - comes around.

And yet you appear to call out anyone who dares to counter this as a bigot or small minded.. supposed to lay back and take it are they?!

Good luck "existing" as a woman under Sharia Law.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoorfNZ

Gotta wonder about the mentality of people who are so hate filled they would choose to try and take away another group of people's religious freedom, especially here in America.

Be careful!

Recall that making statements like that opens you up to the racist/bigot charge. It just doesn't apply when those same people do the same against christians and conservatives.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by MoorfNZ

See, that's what I am talking about. I have no problem with people being against terrorism. Terrorists are douche bags and should be brought to justice.

That's a different point of view from you.

Do I have you walking a tightrope now?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

What I'm seeing is a European world of mostly white Christians - - being displaced by a different ethnic group - mostly darker skinned of different culture and different belief system.

And yet you appear to call out anyone who dares to counter this as a bigot or small minded.. supposed to lay back and take it are they?!

Fear of losing your majority status - are you?

Gonna just be too bad - - when you are the minority fighting for your rights.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

See, that's just fear bating, you don't see the United States living under the Christian version of Sharia Law do you? I mean we kinda quit that kind of thing well after the Salim Witch Trials.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Be careful!

Recall that making statements like that opens you up to the racist/bigot charge. It just doesn't apply when those same people do the same against christians and conservatives.

You know what, I'm past caring .. it's a word, like racism, that's thrown around by the beige-brigade to cut short any emotional debate on the matter.

I'm fed up with all the pussyfooting around, anyone who didn't see the anger against Muslims (no doubt in part driven by their insensitivity over the Ground Zero-View Mosque) boiling over into action such as these fires (and more to come no doubt) has got their head in the sand.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Pork isn't allowed in Dearborn's school system. Is this religious tolerance?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Fear of losing your majority status - are you?

Gonna just be too bad - - when you are the minority fighting for your rights.

I'm actually a minority already. You assume too much.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

reply to post by MoorfNZ

That's a different point of view from you.

Do I have you walking a tightrope now?

Hmm, that wasn't by me!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee

No.. it's kowtowing. See, this is how it works - it's okay for them to demand certain conditions - just don't try to demand the same of them..

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

So, Annee.

It kind of sounds like you think a bunch of innocent "mostly white Christians" need to be forced to do "penance" for the sins of others who may have lived even a thousand years ago?

Another really caring and enlightened view.

And under your "What goes around - comes around" philosophy, it would be completely acceptable if a few "right wing Christian nutcases" decided to hijack an arab airliner and fly it into the holiest shrine in mecca?

After all, that's what happened in New York on 9/11 ...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

You have to source these things. really, how are we supposed to believe this crap unless you source your BS?

Besides the fact that pork isn't a religion.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I didn't realize that the twin towers was the holiest shrine in America. I would have thought that if they were going after the holiest parts of America they would have hit something like the Lincoln memorial or the Statue of Liberty and not two office buildings and the headquarters of the military industrial complex.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ek Bharatiya
This is really sad as this type of activities are happening in a progressive nation like America. Trust me guys you don't want to go this path. I am telling you this from my experience.

I remember in 1992 when a hard-line political party (B.J.P.) in India created a tense atmosphere among different religions, mainly Hindu and Muslims which resulted in illegal demolition of Babri Masjid ( a mosque in Ayodhya) which was created in 1527. The political party incited riots (such as what is happening in United States at the moment) involving 150,000 people and at the end it resulted in deaths of over 2000 people. You can read more about this incident here Babri Mosque. Here is a video of what happened

It was a shameful moment and a blot in the history of my country. I will never forget how a political party created division among fellow people on name of religion which resulted in this horrific incident. It's hard for me to say all this being born a Hindu (the political party which incited and led these riots were Hindu based party but they have never and never will represent me or what my country stands for) but I will not close my eyes to wrongs done. I was in primary school when all these riots happened and saw them myself, it's something you never want to see. It will never ever go away and will always haunt you.

I can only hope such things never ever occur again for any nation, group or religion of people. Above that I request you all never let your country or some political party go that way, it only ends in disaster and never anything good will come out of it.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Ek Bharatiya]

Thanks for posting that, it actuallly shows exactly what is slowly building up in the US. The "muslims" are going to be the root of all evil and problems in the US. Then it will be illegal immigrants (or both at the same time). Then anyone else said intolerant people want to get rid of. Our leaders and religious leaders have done a disservice to our society. In this country they truly believed that you can hate a people and even preach hatred to such a degree that it makes you sound like the next Hitler. But at the same time said person or persons will be tolerant enough to respect that group and hire said people from that group and not do anything to infringe on that minority group. It's a flat lie and they know it. We act in shock that groups of people or people kill or maim or burn down places of a minority group and say I didn't know they would do that. When you preach and tech hatred and intolerance, don't be to shocked to see one or all your students regardless of age or sex to go out and use your teachings to it's conclusion.

Our society has been a very intolerant society for hundreds of years. Our leaders have used this to their advantage in politics just like today and just like your true life example of the destruction of the mosque and killing of 2000. I see america falling into a theocratic fascists police state and it will bring down this country. All these people screaming no mosque this or no mosque that don't understand how a govt. I described can be a danger to the very people who created it. You know your in a police state when you notice how your wife or mother or sister seem to be acting as if they are hiding something and at the same time they are dressing down when they go out. You come to find out that the local govt. official or policeman has been demanding sexual relations of some sort and they have been giving it to them under threat of arrest or death or the same for their loved ones. You know your in a police state when your man is always taking different ways to the store, because he fears being humiliated by the road blocks and group of cops that are hanging around trying to pick up women or are jealous of a guy that seems to have a good looking woman and a nice car. You know your in a police state when the family never goes out at night because they know that this is primetime for the lower ranking cops and govt. officials to get what they want. And you know your in a police state when your husband or wife keeps talking about moving to some country that you never would have imagined to immigrate to (Japan, Chile, South Africa, etc. etc.).

This is because the police state system is designed to feed on itself, it can't allow any dissent or challenge to it's existance.

In Germany they first came for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me —
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

Pastor Martin Niemöller

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Niem%C3%B6ller

[edit on 30-8-2010 by hoghead cheese]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I'm not. Unless you want to consider female a minority.

But - I recognize fear of loss of power when I see it.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

reply to post by centurion1211

I didn't realize that the twin towers was the holiest shrine in America. I would have thought that if they were going after the holiest parts of America they would have hit something like the Lincoln memorial or the Statue of Liberty and not two office buildings and the headquarters of the military industrial complex.

Heaven forbid -- that someone might think it had something to do with crippling the world financial district.

That it might be about money power - - not god power.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Texcin
Oh the humanity, cry cry. So where did it say a right winger started the fire? I guess you and Bloomberg think alike , that bomber in times square just had to be a person that was against Obamacare (right winger). Oh thats right it was a Muslim, trying to please his god.
Or that muslim cabby that got stabbed, wasn't that a right winger too? Oh thats right is was a nutty left winger that sympathized with the muslims.
Oh lets jump to conclusions All Americans are bigots. Get real. whatukno, who is the real bigot?

Don't forget about the black beer employee who shot up all the white folk. Boy how that one got shoved under the rug quickly. Initially the MSM with held the info but all we heard on political forums was how another white right winger(which in reality it's almost never this description) went rampaging. Then there's that recent congressional campaign office that was firebombed by one of their own. Oh how the accusations flew for that one.

Let them froth at the mouth a bit here. They've been chomping at the bit looking to hate for months now. Unfortunately for them all of their attempts were foiled when the truth finally came out. It always seemed to be one of their own who committed those crimes.

Who cares if there isn't a suspect or any evidence on who their accusing with such certainty. This happened in the South, where it's nothing but Christian hillbilly right wingers. This is an orgasmic filled utopian orgy for the left. They hate nothing more then this combo. Their hate gauge is in over drive as we are witnessing in this thread.

Personally I'll sit back and wait for a suspect.

-"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before." R.E.

exactly..

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Tyr Sog]

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I'm not. Unless you want to consider female a minority.

But - I recognize fear of loss of power when I see it.

You appear very power oriented. Fear of loss of power? No.. what power? Fear of loss of culture and freedom? Yes...

As an atheist I have no fear of losing religion, either, which appears to drive the hate of many. My dislike of the religion comes from knowing the effect it has had on friend's lives and education... and mental state. Have you any idea how HARD it is for a Muslim woman, in particular, to be moved from an Islamic country to live in a Western society - by moving with her family or a spouse - it screws with their mind. Islam and Western society can not be easily joined together - it won't work...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join