It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous atheists last words before dying

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
People who know that they are about to die will reflect on their life and know of the real life they have led. They will be aware of the all the bad thoughts and actions they have had throughtout their life yet not admitted or told anyone about. Even those that are of strong faith will reflect on this too.

They will ask themselves, have I really been good enough? Doubt will set in. Even athiests will begin to question the god theory at some point as their life is ending, something we as a species don't really take seriously until that point gets really close.

I took a look at another link from your link about the final message from a dying man.

www.youtube.com...

I must point out I feel sorrow for this man and his family who went through such a traumatic time. But in the purpose of trying to understand such messages from the dying, a message which he wished to be made public, I feel I can question his encounter without offending.

He claimed to have been taken to hell and heard thousands of wailing voices which he described as awful and terrible. A white cloud advanced on him then (Ithink god or his guardian angel) protected him and took him to see heaven where he felt utter bliss.

How can anyone feel utter bliss after seeing and hearing thousands of tormented souls just a few seconds before? I'd be still in trauma and wouldn't be able to find bliss in heaven knowing people are tormented for an eternity in such a horrible place. Do you suddenly forget about hell?

Also, does the brain as it's dying produce dream like visions based on how the person is feeling at tthe time?

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Tykonos]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

Interesting video, I flagged it for copyright infringement due to the music being used.

You can pick and chose comments from either side to prop up an argument whichever way you want to.

I wish youtube had some kind of quality control.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I'm with infared, you're just trolling for points.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/27/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei

Interesting video, I flagged it for copyright infringement due to the music being used.

You can pick and chose comments from either side to prop up an argument whichever way you want to.

I wish youtube had some kind of quality control.

So you are all for censorship based on what a person or group of people decide is quality?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

It was mildly interesting until it came to Ghandi.

This was supposed to be about atheist's, correct?

He mentioned how his faith had strengthened him (the mahabarata and upanishads?).

While I am not anti-christian, this is some BS church propaganda.

"If you dont believe as we do, your a godless heathen and going to hell" crap.

Sorry OP, this is a videa form of the little papers you find stuck in weird places telling you your life sucks and you'll burn in hell.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I was watching a program about something but one thing that stuck in my mind is that they talked about someones last dying words being "what if... what if..." Does anyone know who said that?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

No this will not be a "heated thread" And by the way you were the one that started the "heated thread" just because I resorted to cursing after you insulted my intelligence. But anyway that is the past and it's whatever.

And I felt the need to comment on this post because that is the obvious answer. If one is a true atheist then he/she has no real beliefs. You go your whole life telling people you believe in nothing basically and then on your deathbed you have a change of heart? Doesn't make any sense, you know?

And my tactics are to tell the truth and not to spread lies, the internet is already pretty good and getting those around.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Tattletale, did it make you feel better pressing that button? I just dont understand why some people just cant keep their nose out of others business.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

??? You lost me big time. What does atheists have to do with anything you posted?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
VERY FUNNY..

Voltaire was not a Atheist, he was a DEIST

Like other key thinkers during the European Enlightenment, Voltaire considered himself a deist, expressing the idea: "What is faith? Is it to believe that which is evident? No. It is perfectly evident to my mind that there exists a necessary, eternal, supreme, and intelligent being. This is no matter of faith, but of reason.
"
en.wikipedia.org...

Thomas Paine was not a Atheist, he was a DEIST
www.sullivan-county.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Thomas Hobbes was not a Atheist, he was a DEIST
www.sullivan-county.com...

Sir Francis Newport fiction none of the people that ever held that name and title ever were atheist.
No member of the peerage could have retained there right and title if they had been a atheist.

We deist believe in God what we do not believe in is organised religion.

I think that is enough will the Mods please put the in the category it belongs in HOAX.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
It's a little late in the thread for this, but here's your video.
S&F from me for having the guts to put this up. I personally found it interesting.

[edit on 8/27/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos
So you are all for censorship based on what a person or group of people decide is quality?

It would suit a myspace account better was all I thought...

reply to post by Phlegmi

Much better thanks - actually I kinda know the guy that wrote that piece of music and it just sucks that people steal others creative work without crediting it (at least) or paying for it.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

It would suit a myspace account better was all I thought...

reply to post by Phlegmi

Much better thanks - actually I kinda know the guy that wrote that piece of music and it just sucks that people steal others creative work without crediting it (at least) or paying for it.

Yeah, but he's not actually making any money out of it.

Who created you avatar pic?

edit....sorry a bit off topic but anyways

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
reply to post by 547000

??? You lost me big time. What does atheists have to do with anything you posted?

Oh, sorry about the misunderstanding. I was looking at a video of Anton Lavey while reading this thread and thought you were saying he was not an atheist.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

He claimed to have been taken to hell and heard thousands of wailing voices which he described as awful and terrible. A white cloud advanced on him then (Ithink god or his guardian angel) protected him and took him to see heaven where he felt utter bliss.

How can anyone feel utter bliss after seeing and hearing thousands of tormented souls just a few seconds before? I'd be still in trauma and wouldn't be able to find bliss in heaven knowing people are tormented for an eternity in such a horrible place. Do you suddenly forget about hell?

The bliss you feel is pure and utter bliss. Just being around the presence of God makes you blissful. It's not like here on earth where bliss is transient. The light of God is absolute bliss. At least that's what I think based on my experiences.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This is a verry christian propaganda video I must say.....

So acording to the video every atheist is going to hell. Why ? Hell does not excist, so we can't go there if we die....

It's also meaningles to pray to the good old lord, because just like hell, also heaven does not excist.

Well, atleast from an atheist point of view... Afcourse I have respect for every religion there is, saying that as a atheist, why does a christian have such a hard time to respect a atheist ? Isn't respect and love the neighbours something they alway's learn ?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I love things like this. The People's Almanac was always one of my favorite books because it has a section in it called "Famous Last Words".

Not just from athiests, but from everyone of all beliefs, famous and not so much. There are a few web links around about Famous Last Words, but the People's Almanac kept me entertained for months, it is a huge book.

www.corsinet.com...

Friends applaud, the comedy is finished.
~~ Ludwig van Beethoven, composer, d. March 26, 1827

I always read the quotes and then found out who said it. It was much more entertaining and surprising that way, and more fun when you find out who said it and think, "I so totally would not have guessed that person that way!"

Thanks for this thread, it brings back some great memories, and certainly brings up entertaining questions.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
some words a lot of people will either think or say before dying regardless of their beliefs...

I wish I had spent more time with my loved ones

or

I wish I had not wasted my time with ____.

I'm sorry....

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Phlegmi

Yeah, but he's not actually making any money out of it.

That's pretty irrelevant to whether jokei's friend has copyright control over his own work.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

This kind a sounds like what I read in the Lost book of Joseph.
Joseph the husband of Mary. Joseph body was getting cold, two
of Gods Ark angles took his soul and wrapped it in a shinning
material. Being Joseph was a faithful and godly man.
God did not want him to walk thru the Sea Of Fire.
I have read most of the lost books of the bible. I believe in life
after death. I could write a book on the reason why I believe.
I am new on this site, sorry if I reply to the wrong poster.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join