It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous atheists last words before dying

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

you bring out a good point; ultimately, how much of what we 'know' can we prove? moon landing? Obama winning the election? Elvis dead? evolution? virtually everything we know/believe comes 2nd hand (or further) from teachers, media, parents, internet, etc. NONE of these sources is 100% reliable. thus must we read and think for ourselves.

faith is good and necessary. 'BLIND' faith is scary. on this I totally agree.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by works4dhs]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Anyone who had a class in marketing knows what's the biggest motivator for humans:

FEAR!!!

Humans will do/say anything if they're afraid, like when they're about to die, no matter how ridiculous. One of the main reasons churches have so many followers is that the church takes away at least part of the fear of being dead.

Sad really when people in the 21st century can't cope with reality to the point where they need fairy tales to be happy. But everyone's allowed to be happy, so whatever.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
None of us know for sure until or if we cross over.

What happens if the truth is being told by some obscure group of people and we just never gave them any thought.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Well, thanks for the coments and thanks for the respect

I think we are showing others the way.. that it can work out, no matter what religion or no religon..

Deep respect for u too

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
I’m not sure what the point is; what impact does a person being scared on their deathbed have on the argument about whether or not there is a god? Does being about to die confer a greater understanding? Surely it is when people are calm that they are most rational.

I would argue when someone is calm and all is good in their world they are the least rational. Instinct under threat of bodily harm usually generates a "rational response", otherwise the response would be selected against and be removed from the gene pool.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

I saw the first few and thought "this can't be right"... So I checked the description box.

Some of the other videos this guy links to are about:

Illuminati and Satan in the music industry, the Jay-Z Deception (where they try to say Jay-Z is in league with TPTB and Satan), Luciferianism, and the Occult at MTV

Sorry but that instantly discredits this person as a source. Even if I were to accept that any of these were the actual dying words of any of these people it still would just be a pathetic appeal to authority.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
the afterlife is for AFTER life. be a good person now and you will find out later

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

I saw the first few and thought "this can't be right"... So I checked the description box.

Some of the other videos this guy links to are about:

Illuminati and Satan in the music industry, the Jay-Z Deception (where they try to say Jay-Z is in league with TPTB and Satan), Luciferianism, and the Occult at MTV

Sorry but that instantly discredits this person as a source. Even if I were to accept that any of these were the actual dying words of any of these people it still would just be a pathetic appeal to authority.

well i had no idea about the poster or make of the videos , like i said i found it ,now ill be sure to do more research into this ,and collect a list of last words ,and i shal compile them so you disprove me

many thanks

Nephi

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Religious propaganda.

2nd line.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
god exist and some people just cant see it befor they are on ther death bed but
its good they come to term befor they die, and get saved

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
i will call this idiotic religious propaganda , and demand that each alleged quote be cited and verified

and before anyone tells me to do it - no , its the responsibility of the people making the claim

i will however cherry pick a single easy example :

gandi :

in the vid its claimed he made the quote :

i am surrounded by darkness

now lets put this into its proper context shall we ? ie the political and religious strife that accompanied independance from empire and the partition of pakistan that caused thousands of deaths

thats just one

i am sure that the others will wilt before scrutiny

and as a last jibe , isnt it convenent that they " forgot " the last words arrtibuted to jesus ?

allegedly :

" oh god , why have you forsaken me " ?

i wonder why ????????

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

You do realize that all of them lived during times where we didn't have all the scientific knowledge we have today, right?

So if some Roman emperor said he believes in a god, that's not surprising. They also believed meteorites are a "sign of god"

They also didn't know speciation is possible amongst a lot of other things that make it pretty clear a creator isn't a necessary prerequisite for the human species

[edit on 27-8-2010 by MrXYZ]

Yeah, but what is the source of intelligence? And...I have no memory of creating myself. Something caused all of this. Science explains how what some call God works. Science does not disprove a Creative Source. It supports it.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Basically this thread show how stupid and ignorant many so call Christians are.

As a christian Deist you have just reinforced all the reasons i left the organised christian church and all the bigots i found there.,

This was supposed to be about atheist's, correct?

But the you tube video was not truly about atheist but was really a anti Deist rant since Voltaire, Thomas Paine, Edward Gibbon; and Thomas Hobbes. were deist and believed in God.

we Christian Deist even have our own bible the jefferson bible.

Sir Thomas Scott was a puritan.

In fact NONE of the people listed on the YouTube video were ATHEIST.

And in some cases they were members of religious minorities in the countries they lived in.

I hope you so called Christians are think because you spread lies and are stupid and ignorant that will keep you out of hell.

No wonder some muslims hate Christians.
This thread just proves there point.

Your propagandas right there in the league with the A**H**L nutcases at westboro Baptist Church.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337
but case and point! ......good point my man

I am very curious, because of your writing style. Are you from the U.S.? I have a hard time understanding what you are talking about.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

You do realize that all of them lived during times where we didn't have all the scientific knowledge we have today, right?

So if some Roman emperor said he believes in a god, that's not surprising. They also believed meteorites are a "sign of god"

They also didn't know speciation is possible amongst a lot of other things that make it pretty clear a creator isn't a necessary prerequisite for the human species

[edit on 27-8-2010 by MrXYZ]

Astronomy does have signs of God.

variations of animals does not prove evolution nor does it in anyway deny God.

As God said they would produce after there kind.

Billions of dollars have been spent on corn and we have many different kind yet when I plant a seed you know corn pops up out of the ground everytime.

As for any population that is isolated from genetic diversity the dominate trait will show up.

This is how the races have come about not by natural selection. Which by the way is not a intelligent force but a chaotic event.
Lions will pick a young or weak prey, how if it is young does the lion know not to pick a strong gene pool

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Great Troll thread it's nice to see you all participating!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Gotta love the people who disbelieve evolution with all its evidence and facts and at the same time believe in a talking snake theory

If you don't believe in natural selection, you clearly never had a proper biology class

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
to every one that thinks this is propaganda and a troll post , i am guessing you did not read my first post . i sipmly thought it was strange to hear the last words of people when they die say somthing in refrance to an afterlife ,thats it ..now i plan on doing a bit more research into this and ill post it here or on another thread , but if i offended any one i am truly sorry

anyway

many thanks

Nephi

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

If it wasn't a troll thread why does the thread name have "famous atheist" in it? Because you are looking for people to pick fights with each other, can you tell me what a famous atheist is anyways??? Is he like the pope of atheisim?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos

Originally posted by 547000

Originally posted by Tykonos

He claimed to have been taken to hell and heard thousands of wailing voices which he described as awful and terrible. A white cloud advanced on him then (Ithink god or his guardian angel) protected him and took him to see heaven where he felt utter bliss.

How can anyone feel utter bliss after seeing and hearing thousands of tormented souls just a few seconds before? I'd be still in trauma and wouldn't be able to find bliss in heaven knowing people are tormented for an eternity in such a horrible place. Do you suddenly forget about hell?

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Tykonos]

The bliss you feel is pure and utter bliss. Just being around the presence of God makes you blissful. It's not like here on earth where bliss is transient. The light of God is absolute bliss. At least that's what I think based on my experiences.

So you forget your experience of hell instantly you are with god?

You also stop caring about those souls trapped in eternal torment, some of whom you might know, say a brother, sister, mother, father, son or daughter?

Also to feel bliss constantly 24/7 for an eternity will soon stop being blissful as you would have no other emotion to compare it with.

I like tthink that if there is a god, hell would be individual to the persons own making. They are made to feel the emotions of the people they have hurt in life and shown the consequences of their actions. Then when the god knows how sorry they are, that soul is then allowed to pass into heaven, or reborn again. Just my opinion based on nothing, I'm agnostic with an open mind, yet according to some, will burn in hell for it.

You pretty much forget the bad things that have happened to you or forgive all the bad things that have happened to you. Absolute bliss is not like the bliss on earth, you can't get "tired of it eventually". It's infinite in magnitude. And bliss isn't the only emotion you feel. Take any positive emotion you might feel and multiple it by a trillion. Also time is probably different than here on earth. In eternity any of the bad events that happened to you in minuscule in comparison.

In my opinion Hell is the absence of God. I think it's the place NDErs call "the void" which is total darkness without light. I too believe that if you can't make it to heaven you might reincarnate to try again, but I might be wrong here. Everyone probably re-experiences their lives during life review.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join