It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous atheists last words before dying

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337
i am not quit sure i get you their ? however ummm..............kudos ?

I have to talk like that. It's an odd celestial contractual obligation. Sorry for the confusion but thanks for the kudos. That's just how it goes. It will make sense in a couple years or so.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
Here is the answer... That person was never even an atheist to begin with. I didn't even watch the video and I can tell you that.

oh ...ok then why comment? you missed the whole point ! but i know you and your tatics ! is this going to be another heated thread ? cause if so please reframe and ill do the same

Nephi

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by Nephi1337
i am not quit sure i get you their ? however ummm..............kudos ?

I have to talk like that. It's an odd celestial contractual obligation. Sorry for the confusion but thanks for the kudos. That's just how it goes. It will make sense in a couple years or so.

well then my good man ...i shal take your wise words and well..configure them later ,however feel free to stay and post ..i am interested in your thoughts on this issue

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
How original! A thread pitting atheists against creationalists. Not only do they add nothing new or positive to ATS, they are generally just a cheap exercise in point whoring.

Kudos Op!

IRM

I disagree, the points are worthless for the most part.

Also, I don't take you seriously with this, you must be joking.

You have over 100k points.

Now maybe thats what you do, but to accuse others of it is pretty hypocritical isn't it?

I am not accusing you of doing it, I said maybe you do, I don't know thats for you to decide since it's your life. But you did clearly accuse the OP of doing it, which IMHO derails things pretty badly.

That is not how you debunk or argue a case either. Instead I would suggest giving your opinion about the subject posted as a better format for "debunking a topic".

Now on Topic ::

I think that people are brave as hell when they are alive and well. They ignore the fact death is on it's way to get us all sooner or later. So of course they will be pompous and think they are so tough when everything is going fine, as usual.

But when something goes wrong, watch them break down in complete total fear and cowardice and start begging for God or whatever to forgive them etc etc. It's human nature.

People back down when the going gets rough.

Same for these so called tough guys who aren't afraid of the unknown. Oh they are afraid, trust me. Very afraid.

Thats why they back out at the last minute. Just like someone going for their first sky dive. That's why the instructors Push them out anyways ! Hahah! Good game.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

lol, well you have a wonderful point their my good man ,however i think maybe i sould have not started this thread ,i try and stay away from this board ,simply because i can never find ,well the truth ...i find enlightening words ,but nothing that will ever satisfy me so to speak ,if you find it let me know

many thanks and what does IMHO mean anyway?

Nephi

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
I’m not sure what the point is; what impact does a person being scared on their deathbed have on the argument about whether or not there is a god? Does being about to die confer a greater understanding? Surely it is when people are calm that they are most rational.

Don't worry about it now, you will know in your dead bed

Some people are like animals because they don't think about the future, I was like that, I thought about today, right now, you would be amazed where that lead me

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

I believe it means" in my humble opinion". Anyways its true that no matter what facts are present, we will never know if an afterlife really exists since we die and never come back from the unknown. Unless zombie jesus has something to do with it.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Some of the issue is I'm falling over, needing rest.

Some more is I noticed in the comments some doubt over the veracity of at least one quote. Who really said what? Is it taken out of context in or outright innacurate in places in order to try to frighten me into accepting religion, or worse, a particular religion. Why did it seem to try to paint Ghandi in a negative light, for not being of a particular religion? Does the videographer really understand what was meant?

Those are some of my questions, irrespective of my personal beliefs. I resent and resist any attempt to manipulate me through any sort of induction of fear. The attempts raise red flags concerning motives.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The existence of intelligent ghosts would prove an afterlife exists.

However, "echo phenomena" would not prove an afterlife, because it is easily explained with a more simple physics formula.

So we would need an intelligent and aware ghost of a deceased human to classify it as a proven fact.

And yes IMHO means In my humble opinion. I apologize for using shorthand. It's a bad habit and hard to get out of. My bad.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The existence of intelligent ghosts would prove an afterlife exists.

One other thing to note is that an afterlife doesn't prove the existence of a creator. An afterlife and a creator are in fact separate questions.

Certainly an afterlife could exist without one, just because the universe is as such.

Certainly a creator could deny all creations an afterlife.

Sure, I'm overly objective at times but what the hey.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Some people are like animals because they don't think about the future, I was like that, I thought about today, right now, you would be amazed where that lead me

Agreed 100%.

It is just like the story of the grasshopper and the ant.

The grasshopper only thinks about today, and thus dies when the winter comes.

But the ant thinks about tomorrow, and prepares all year for the upcoming winter. Thus the ant survives and the grasshopper perishes the cold months.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

hey hey thank you my good man for the info ,and glad to see their is another out their on ats that feels the smae

Nephi

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
Here is the answer... That person was never even an atheist to begin with. I didn't even watch the video and I can tell you that.

So what are you if you don't believe there is a God?

Satanism really has nothing to do with Satan; the creed is "do what thou wilt".

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Some of the issue is I'm falling over, needing rest.

Some more is I noticed in the comments some doubt over the veracity of at least one quote. Who really said what? Is it taken out of context in or outright innacurate in places in order to try to frighten me into accepting religion, or worse, a particular religion. Why did it seem to try to paint Ghandi in a negative light, for not being of a particular religion? Does the videographer really understand what was meant?

Those are some of my questions, irrespective of my personal beliefs. I resent and resist any attempt to manipulate me through any sort of induction of fear. The attempts raise red flags concerning motives.

i did infact wonder about the meaning of what gahndi was quoted on saying in that video ,for his quote just seemed like he was depressed ? did it not ?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

And yes IMHO means In my humble opinion. I apologize for using shorthand. It's a bad habit and hard to get out of. My bad.

no worries ,kind sir ,and thank you for your info IMHO heh i like it

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

heh what ever bro

What an open minded reply.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/27/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

ya ,you might be right on this one ,its more about expanding your self your mind ect,and not to e tied down to one god or gods , hints do what tho wilt , oh good old alster crowley

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

heh what ever bro

What an open minded reply.

i was thinking more close minded ? .....ditto

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I asked questions, how can questions be close minded? Do you have an answer to them?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I asked questions, how can questions be close minded? Do you have an answer to them?

do you ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join