It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous atheists last words before dying

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
first a cupple of sorrys ,sorry for not inbeding this for i do not know how ,also i have not put to much research into this video ,i did not make the video i found it on youtube,

ok and last i did do a search on ats and i did not find any post reguarding this video
however if it is posted i am sorry

ok now this video kind of freaked me out cause i am torn between both sides the sides being faith and the other purely thinking its god is not real ,but i allways seem to run into arguments on both sides , i am sure after this post ill pick eather one side or the other ,but as of now i am stuck .....and it sucks ......so anyway here is the video

and feel free to smoke me afterwrds

many thanks

as allways

love

Nephi

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I’m not sure what the point is; what impact does a person being scared on their deathbed have on the argument about whether or not there is a god? Does being about to die confer a greater understanding? Surely it is when people are calm that they are most rational.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
I’m not sure what the point is; what impact does a person being scared on their deathbed have on the argument about whether or not there is a god? Does being about to die confer a greater understanding? Surely it is when people are calm that they are most rational.

heh what ever bro

second line

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/27/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

You do realize that all of them lived during times where we didn't have all the scientific knowledge we have today, right?

So if some Roman emperor said he believes in a god, that's not surprising. They also believed meteorites are a "sign of god"

They also didn't know speciation is possible amongst a lot of other things that make it pretty clear a creator isn't a necessary prerequisite for the human species

[edit on 27-8-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I wondering if they had deathbed visions? That's a phenomenon I learned of a few months back.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
How original! A thread pitting atheists against creationalists. Not only do they add nothing new or positive to ATS, they are generally just a cheap exercise in point whoring.

Kudos Op!

IRM

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

their are a few more that have me wondering as well ,such as anton laveys last words ,and the story here on ats about the rabbi and what he wrote before he died , i dont know my good man i just dont know

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
How original! A thread pitting atheists against creationalists. Not only do they add nothing new or positive to ATS, they are generally just a cheap exercise in point whoring.

Kudos Op!

IRM

ya cause that was my point here ,you put way more thought into this then i did ,i was not even thinking anything about your point whoring ,one thing is for certan neather side can prove each other right or wrong

Kudos...that sould be a cereal brand !

cheers !

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Matthew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Jesus did the same as everyone else on the list I guess.

www.bibletools.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainbitter

Matthew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Jesus did the same as everyone else on the list I guess.

that is a good point i allways wonderd about that , heh makes me wonder what the real truth is ,mabe i sould convert to sikhism

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Then I'm just gonna point-whore and ask you why you point-whored by making a post about point-whoring. ??

I guess these conflicts, erm, debates, turn everyone into hypocrites except me.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Then I'm just gonna point-whore and ask you why you point-whored by making a post about point-whoring. ??

I guess these conflicts, erm, debates, turn everyone into hypocrites except me.

kudos to you on that one ....lol what ever the heck that means ....

but case and point! ......good point my man

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I don't really know a lot about most of this, but when I was younger my pastor told me when Jesus said this he had expressed a lack of faith in God. This was a long time ago, and I can't remember her exact words, but it had something to do with Jesus going to hell before being resurrected.

Pretty sticky situation!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I don't really know a lot about most of this, but when I was younger my pastor told me when Jesus said this he had expressed a lack of faith in God. This was a long time ago, and I can't remember her exact words, but it had something to do with Jesus going to hell before being resurrected.

Pretty sticky situation!

ya it is very interesting, i mean if you were suffering for so long as he did ,one might think they had been abandon by god ...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Right, I guess the ultimate test is death.

Either way I hope you find the answers your searching for, because I haven't yet. I'm tending to divulge from organized beliefs all together, and find personal happiness.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Right, I guess the ultimate test is death.

Either way I hope you find the answers your searching for, because I haven't yet. I'm tending to divulge from organized beliefs all together, and find personal happiness.

i am in the same boat my good man ,its seems to me that i can and will not ever find certain truth ,and can anyone els for that matter ?...so this can only mean that the ultimate truth may not even exsist ?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337
ya it is very interesting, i mean if you were suffering for so long as he did ,one might think they had been abandon by god ...

It's a normal function of the perfectibility process. Nothing to see there, really.

Edit: sp

[edit on 8/27/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Hopefully things will be simpler when we pass, and don't just leave us with more questions. There are so many ironic possibilities here

It's time for some much needed rest.
Peace

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by Nephi1337

It's a normal function of the perfectability process. Nothing to see there, really.

i am not quit sure i get you their ? however ummm..............kudos ?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Here is the answer... That person was never even an atheist to begin with. I didn't even watch the video and I can tell you that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join