It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous atheists last words before dying

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Gotta love the people who disbelieve evolution with all its evidence and facts and at the same time believe in a talking snake theory

If you don't believe in natural selection, you clearly never had a proper biology class

So how is it any less silly to think we all came from goo?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainbitter
reply to post by Nephi1337

Matthew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Jesus did the same as everyone else on the list I guess.

www.bibletools.org...

Did they all return from the dead after three days?
I think Jesus has an exclusive on this part of his gig.
Premiering nightly with a matinee on Saturday. Closed Sundays.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
How original! A thread pitting atheists against creationalists. Not only do they add nothing new or positive to ATS, they are generally just a cheap exercise in point whoring.

Kudos Op!

IRM

I think the OP said he had an open mind. I forget what it is called when you peddle cynicism? Crotchety nay Sayer? Bored antagonist? You have a lot of stars though. Many theism haters here. It is hard to swallow. But swallow you must or die embittered and alone.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Don't believe everything you read. I'm sure there is alot of misquoting in that video.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
I’m not sure what the point is; what impact does a person being scared on their deathbed have on the argument about whether or not there is a god? Does being about to die confer a greater understanding? Surely it is when people are calm that they are most rational.

Its great you bring that up. In the face of death I think many men, myself included (in the midst of a panic attack) become introspective and explore the essence and culmination of our actions. We, if morally inclined, may be regretful of misdeeds and of course, look at things a bit differently at the edge of our existence.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
So atheists think all the theologians of the world are wrong. It is their prerogative but I have to say if the correct answer meant life or death I think even some of these posters here would rethink and retract their answers.

I say of late...if you were a contestant on Millionaire and the question was is there a God, you might decide to "ask the audience" since there is no way you could "phone a friend" who really knows any more than you do yourself.

The audience would overwhelmingly say yes, there is a God.
How often on that show has the entire audience been wrong?

What are the odds? We may not know what it is or from where it (or us for that matter) came but we know for certain there is a mystery there for the unraveling and it involves some extra-earthly intervention.

"Coincidence" just doesn't cut it in the real world folks. I don't buy it as an answer.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by System

What kind of lunatic would make a rape victim marry her attacker? Answer: God

Yours is a very cruel deity. I would take my business elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
So atheists think all the theologians of the world are wrong. It is their prerogative but I have to say if the correct answer meant life or death I think even some of these posters here would rethink and retract their answers.

I say of late...if you were a contestant on Millionaire and the question was is there a God, you might decide to "ask the audience" since there is no way you could "phone a friend" who really knows any more than you do yourself.

The audience would overwhelmingly say yes, there is a God.
How often on that show has the entire audience been wrong?

What are the odds? We may not know what it is or from where it (or us for that matter) came but we know for certain there is a mystery there for the unraveling and it involves some extra-earthly intervention.

"Coincidence" just doesn't cut it in the real world folks. I don't buy it as an answer.

Appeal to authority, nice.
Just because alot of people believe in something doesn't make it true, there are a percentage of people out there who believe in unicorns, but that doesn't make it real.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I didn't see a single quote that said "Oh save me Jesus!!" .... Just some guys saying their regrets and fear of the unknown?

I'm a DEIST, I can relate to much of those quotes.. and any religion at all can as well.. If you think all those men suddenly, on their death bed, feared because they were not CHRISTIAN ... you sir, are sadly mistaken.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
My personal experience with death tells me there is soooo much more than our own beliefs with religion.

When I went to the other side, I felt nothing but love. I spoke without using my vocal chords to the higher spiritual beings. I was given my life plan.

The love and joy was beyond belief. There was no religion in my experience. Just extreme love and understanding.

The universe began with thought. Not matter. We all come from and go back to our original being. Thought spiritual beings.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
i will call this idiotic religious propaganda , and demand that each alleged quote be cited and verified

and as a last jibe , isnt it convenent that they " forgot " the last words arrtibuted to jesus ?

allegedly :

" oh god , why have you forsaken me " ?

i wonder why ????????

Do you truly wonder why, poster named Ignorant Ape? Or is it a fave jibe of yours to support the atheist propaganda?

To a simple and non-religious person with in inkling of religion, those words spoken by the Messiah would be taken at face value, that the Almighty had abandon Him, just as our Creator had been presumed to have abandon themselves.

To a rational and educated but non-religious person, that qoute would have to come from some form of motivation, for no human would simply utter a cry for no reason. The motivation would be pain and torture from being strung up on the cross, cried in a moment of extreme stress.

But to one who seeks knowledge, one would know that human nature is borned out of motivations AS WELL as the environment.

The Messiah was supposedly given trial, as then the norm of the Roman Empire of which Judea is a province of that empire. His message was one to teach humanity of love and compassion, back onto the path of our Creator, and yet our Masters then in that era saw Him as a threat.

The human puppets such as Herod and Pilate understood His message and had tried to free him. The Messiah had hope and had pray fervently that His mission would succeed. If He was set free, a new timeline would have occured for the inhabitants of Earth.

Unfortunately, our Masters used their servants to demand His death. His prayers did not help. He knew the sacrifice would come, was prepared for it, but there was still so much left to do, for humanity was not awakened fully yet. He too, loved humanity just as our Creator do, and had prayed for time, thus that cry.

But our Creator, having given free will to humanity, would not intervene or make that exception. He saw a further future and analysed what would happened eventually, for He is our Father and which father knows not his children? A future that we this generation will wake up and with better info, understand and perceive more to grow.

Mankind had to learn from mistakes and evolve for a greater destiny in stored. The primary mission was completed, seeds sown upon a limited education humanity and the Messiah had to return, no more time was given.

I bear atheists no malice or ill will. They too are my brothers and sisters by divine Creation. They too had been given free will, as well as intelligence to discern. I am not here to force anyone against their will. The opportunity to know our Creator lays within each's heart, each motivation and each environment/circumstances, and not at anyone elses.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5

If it wasn't a troll thread why does the thread name have "famous atheist" in it? Because you are looking for people to pick fights with each other, can you tell me what a famous atheist is anyways??? Is he like the pope of atheisim?

once more if you read my first post ! that is the title to the video i found on youtube! so i see your claiming that i am trying to pick fights but yet your comment is very provoking is it not ? your words are a reflection of you not me so please do not twist this around ,have i been sitting here fighting with people ? no i have not .

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
I’m not sure what the point is; what impact does a person being scared on their deathbed have on the argument about whether or not there is a god? Does being about to die confer a greater understanding? Surely it is when people are calm that they are most rational.

You can't really say for sure...since you've never been on your deathbed.

Who knows what happens when we die? Nobody does? Is there a God? Yes, i believe there is, and I believe that my understanding of what God is is a lot less conventional than most...certainly not a "male human" in the sky.

But i still like the thread, it goes to prove that atheism provides nothing but dissent for individuals.

If you choose not to believe...fine, its your eternity. If you choose to believe that it's full of nothingness, thats your call.

But perhaps you should stop, for one single solitary second, and realize that if an atheist on his deathbed may start having second thoughts....perhaps there's motion for concern, and you should consider the POSSIBILITY that something does happen to you after your physical shell ceases to exist.

Just a possibility is all im saying.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Who knows what happens when we die? Nobody does?

I think you are very young or you would have heard about NDE's by now. Yes, we do know what seems to happen when we die. Many people do and they have lived to tell about it. I'd refer you to threads and information but it is one of those things that you appreciate better if you do the investigating yourself.

Trick of a dying brain? I think not.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Near death experiences are, in this guys opinion, more big foot sightings, or lock ness monster encounters.

You are not your brain or your memories. You are not yoru stomach, your left pinky finger, or the color of yoru eyeballs.

If you believe in God, then what makes YOU, YOU, is your spirit.

To think that your spirit somehow carries your brain with you when you die, converting your thoughts into some sort of NDE is just silly to me.

PLenty of experiments have been setup for proof of NDE's and nay a single one, not a SINGLE ONE, has yielded positive results.

"I saw my body on the table, and everyone gathered around"

Really? Could it get any more generic than that? How about you had a vision of a swimming pool, and a lot of people were wearing towels? Doesn't quite make someone Nostradamus....

The most famous experiment to prove NDE's that I can think of off the top of my head involves putting a message scroller on top of a cabinet that would be right next to the patients body, sot hat the only way the patient would know what the message said would be to be floating from above, looking down.

Nobody has ever gotten the message right. Not once. Most people never even realized it existed...but can still concoct BS make believe tales to try and garner attention (That, or they were in some sort of dream state, and it just felt very real)

I can see either of those possibilities being rational.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

there are a percentage of people out there who believe in unicorns, but that doesn't make it real.

I think you mean appeal to "majority" not authority.
And if you were to "ask the audience" is there such a thing as unicorns? You would get the correct answer by counting the number of yes answers and compare them to the number of no's.

Yet even this doesn't make Unicorns unreal or even unearthly. This just means no one has ever seen them.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Ah but again, we disagree. Time will tell.

PLenty of experiments have been setup for proof of NDE's and nay a single one, not a SINGLE ONE, has yielded positive results.

Except for Pammie here...

I am just going by what the doctors said but certainly you have other clues they don't have so I'll believe you.

Not really.

And who says "nay"?

[edit on 28-8-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The Voltaire quote is wrong. When asked by a priest on his deathbed to forswear Satan, it's claimed Voltaire said:

"This is no time to make new enemies."

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
A personal favorite (although possibly apocryphal):

"Go on, get out. Last words are for fools who haven't said enough."
-Karl Marx (to his nurse, apparently)

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Jheated,

The OP's threads always start fights and agruements, that is all he does is instigate.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join