It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wikileaks releases CIA paper

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
link

This CIA "Red Cell" report from February 2, 2010, looks at what will happen if it is internationally understood that the United States is an exporter of terrorism; 'Contrary to common belief, the American export of terrorism or terrorists is not a recent phenomenon, nor has it been associated only with Islamic radicals or people of Middle Eastern, African or South Asian ethnic origin. This dynamic belies the American belief that our free, open and integrated multicultural society lessens the allure of radicalism and terrorism for US citizens.' The report looks at a number cases of US exported terrorism, including attacks by US based or financed Jewish, Muslim and Irish-nationalism terrorists. It concludes that foreign perceptions of the US as an "Exporter of Terrorism" together with US double standards in international law, may lead to noncooperation in renditions (including the arrest of CIA officers) and the decision to not share terrorism related intelligence with the United States.

for those interested....

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
WOOT.

2nd line... off to read.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
you can download it here - file....__._/torrent/us-cia-redcell-exporter-of-terrorism-2010.pdf.torrent

or here

file....__._/file/us-cia-redcell-exporter-of-terrorism-2010.pdf

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
for those interested....

Interesting piece...thanks for posting and a S&F for you.

Nice to know that the spooks aren't totally oblivious.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
S&F but....Booo, that paper wasn't what it was hyped up to be, seems like it should of been released with a couple thousand other documents, not by itself with a countdown like it contains something "unknown" to the people.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It is interesting ... I'm trying to gage it's significance.
If I understand it correctly they are worried about Americans becoming associated with Islamic extremist groups and how that could impact their rendition efforts with other nations.
So far as I can tell, there's nothing 'big' in this document ... still, it's nice to see how their thinking goes.

On a side note, I found this rather interesting:

Before the US entered World War II, British intelligence carried out information operations against prominent US citizens deemed to be isolationists or sympathetic to the Nazis. Some historians who have examined relevant archives even suspect that British intelligence officers assassinated Nazi agents on US soil.

I did not know that.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Its not just about Islamic, they were talking about Jewish Americans and Irish Americans as well.

This in my opinion is just a warning shot to the US. I'm sure they have many actual documented cases of US exported terrorism and US funded terrorism.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyle43

This in my opinion is just a warning shot to the US. I'm sure they have many actual documented cases of US exported terrorism and US funded terrorism.

i think this is the intention. in case they were involved with the recent accusations against ja

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyle43

Its not just about Islamic, they were talking about Jewish Americans and Irish Americans as well.

yeah ... although the way I read it those cases were referenced as past examples of this dynamic as they refer to Muslim extremist groups, not as current concerns. I will reread it to be sure.

When you say "they" do you mean the CIA or Wikileaks?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Is there an admission in the paper that we have participated in terrorism? I don't have the time at the moment to look.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

• Late last year five young Muslim American men traveled from northern Virginia to Pakistan allegedly to join the Pakistani Taliban and to engage in jihad. Their relatives contacted the FBI after they disappeared without telling anyone, and then Pakistani authorities arrested them as they allegedly attempted to gain access to al-Qa’ida training facilities.

• In November 2008, Pakistani-American David Headley conducted surveillance in support of the Lashkar-i-Tayyiba (LT) attack in Mumbai, India that killed more than 160 people. LT induced him to change his name from Daood Gilani to David Headley to facilitate his movement between the US, Pakistan, and India.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Okay say they are referring to the phenomena of upsetting your whole population to the point where they go and perform terrorist acts. Not really an admission. I can tell them how to stop this though. Have them return America to it's constitutional roots and bring the jobs back. That would be a start.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I'm not smart enough to know what would stop a person who is intent on committing such crimes, but I am pretty sure that it is a little more complex that 'get him a job.' Osama BL himself was a rather wealthy person.

But you do bring up a very interesting point ... I think that the most important part of this WL release is missing. The more important document is the 'official' response to this one outlining how they are proposing to remedy the concerns the Red Cell document presents.

I suspect WL doesn't have it or they would have released it with this one ... however without it, it is difficult to get the full scope of the CIA's intentions in this regard.

[edit on 25 Aug 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I think this one is just a warning to the US that they have some solid evidence of US sponsored terrorists, Wikileaks are playing it pretty smart here............

But Boohoo bring the truth out dont just make money from it..........
Julian I know you are just a cheat like them u just want to cash in

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Ashcool007]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Why is this report only a few pages long?

Why is this report a propaganda piece about the threat of US citizens committing terrorism abroad?

This looks like a controlled leak to me.

All the document does is justify why the Government needs to work harder to restrict US citizens from traveling abroad.

What this PDF suggests is its smoking gun.

They are reporting that you and I are a threat to US Intelligence relations with foreign countries.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
There is definitely more where this came from. I had expected much more than just 5 pages.

I would agree with other posters and say this is either a warning or prelude. Wasn't there a whole bunch of other documents withheld from the original War Diaries leak?

There's more to come.

The game continues.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Yawn, so the CIA has attempted to infiltrate terrorist cells, groups/organizations etc. and even Al Qaeda?

Please.

Leak something on us worthy of our time.

And, don't let it be piss, without at least trying convince us that it is raining.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sremmos

I haven't read it yet. So I reserve the right to alter my statement. Is it possible though, this paper is the government simply waking up to the fact that their citizens are leaving to fight a with "terrorists" and can walk into their bases and train. If American citizens start committing terrorist acts it would destroy the reputation of the America as a leader in fighting terrorism.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

You know how you would really scare someone? Sometimes the fear of what you haven't exposed is greater than what has been exposed. Keep it up, Wikileaks will hit them with a leak when they are not prepared for. Just saying there might be some tactics in play here by Wikileaks to make their rivals sweat a little on each and every release.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So what? This is no big deal at all. I hope this wasn't the anticipated release. This gives us no information what so ever. I don't see the big deal about this, at all.

It is common knowledge that Americans go abroad to join terror/freedom fighter groups, such as to Pakistan or Somalia.

Again, so what?

--airspoon

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join