It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wikileaks releases CIA paper

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Originally posted by justyc
reply to post by soficrow

it could also mean that a few americans would be perfectly happy to commit terrorist offences to protect their 'freedoms' couldn't it? wouldn't be the first time that's happened

SO:
1. The Problem is that the US is increasingly seen as an incubator and “exporter of terrorism” - a real problem; and
2. The Solution is to block Net Neutrality, if not curtail other individual Rights and Freedoms - implied and arguably false.

At the very least, this document WILL be referenced to argue against Net Neutrality. Perhaps that's it's real purpose...

Obviously tptb are actively looking for a way to control net neutrality. In the mind of an intellectual in favor of draconianism, this paper definitely outlines such a need. However, in the minds of the spongy-things called average Americans, it's much too abstruse to make them do anything other than shrug their shoulders and move on.

This paper doesn't work on any primal emotional level and therefor is not useful as a tool to manipulate the masses.

It's my conclusion (as well as many other posters here) that the paper is designed to show that WL has access to secret CIA docs as well as the lower level military papers. It also could be hinting at other material they may have gathered.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

It's not just citizens of the US reading this thing. It's actually going to encourage other nation's citizens, to look twice at the US - exactly what the CIA was worried about, in this document.

So when I look at it like that, I'm not so sure that Wikileaks is controlled opposition.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by hadriana]

I'd say for impact purposes this document isn't aimed at or meant for US citizens. As Americans, we do tend to be rather ethnocentric. I try not to be, but even I can be at times. It's a large part of our culture and how we have all been raised here.

As far as being a controlled opposition psyop... Sure, I guess it could be, but what's the point of that? I don't see how that accomplishes any goals or furthers the agenda of tptb. The majority of people don't need some intellectual style psy-op. The intellectuals of opposition to tptb won't be influenced or pacified by WL no matter what they release or don't release. So I just don't see how it being a psyop makes any practical sense.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I can no longer access Wikileaks.

Is it just me ?!??!?! Or have the scoundrels moved with their operations?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gestas

Twitted by WL 37 minutes ago:

The main sites are unavailable during scheduled maintenance work. We apologize for the inconvenience.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

It is no longer effective to use mainstream sources to propagandize the public they needed an online source preferably one "posing" as a check and balance. These are controlled leaks and we are being played. However, I think we are more discerning than the elite give us credit and this particular psyop won't work on us. It did for a short while I guess even though I have never found any info wikileaks has leaked to be groundbreaking. Atm though wikileaks is looking like more of a fraud than ever.

Beefcake, I agree with you. In fact, I think many on ATS are reading much more into this document than there really is. All the document is doing is discussing the potential negative consequences the U.S. could face if the rest of the world has an "earth shattering revelation" that U.S. citizens are being recruited for foreign terrorist groups because of the way they can navigate in and out of the U.S. without being suspected of anything as they conduct their dirty work. And the other countries of the world have not already thought of these things or are already apprised of the instances where it's already occurred?

Are the possible negative implications so unrecognizable to the average intelligence official that this information has to be compiled into a top secret document?

I would even go so far as to say this document is just a ploy.

I don't see how any of this information is anything even worthy of "leaking." Wikileaks is "Wikilame" if they think this is gonna keep anyone's interest for long. I don't think they have anything of any importance. And I don't think anyone inside the CIA would be able to routinely "leak" classified documents to an organization like Wikileaks without being quickly identified and dealt with.

I think there are too many people that are caught up in the suspense surrounding the "possibilities" of what "might be leaked" that might be "explosive." To me, it's just a distraction. Unfortunately, it distracts the minds of some of the most intelligent folks.

OP, this in no way is meant toward you or your post. In fact, regardless of whatever the truth is about "Wikileaks," we still need to be informed of what they are doing and I'm glad there's members on ATS who stay on top of it.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by NightGypsy]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gestas
I can no longer access Wikileaks.

Is it just me ?!??!?! Or have the scoundrels moved with their operations?

Here is the address to one mirror site:

mirror.wikileaks.info...

Regards,

[edit on 26-8-2010 by ByteChanger]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
reply to post by soficrow

At the very least, this document WILL be referenced to argue against Net Neutrality. Perhaps that's it's real purpose...

Obviously tptb are actively looking for a way to control net neutrality. In the mind of an intellectual in favor of draconianism, this paper definitely outlines such a need. However, in the minds of the spongy-things called average Americans, it's much too abstruse to make them do anything other than shrug their shoulders and move on.

This paper doesn't work on any primal emotional level and therefor is not useful as a tool to manipulate the masses.

It's an internal document outlining a bureaucratic argument and strategy - it's not meant to manipulate the masses. It's purpose is to drive the administration and politicians.

Such memos and papers ride a pipeline to the administration, committees and elected politicians - they are written to influence political thinking and political action.

It's my conclusion (as well as many other posters here) that the paper is designed to show that WL has access to secret CIA docs as well as the lower level military papers. It also could be hinting at other material they may have gathered.

The RELEASE of the paper "is designed to show that WL has access to secret CIA docs."

...The CONTENT of the paper tells us the CIA's analysis and their recommended action. Their argument doesn't hold water, but here's how it plays in standard format:

Subject:
International perception of USA as "an incubator and “exporter of terrorism.” "

Analysis:
* Individual Americans, not US agencies, are responsible for terrorist actions abroad
* "American Freedoms Facilitate Terrorist Recruitment and Operations"
* Internet Freedoms and Net Neutrality especially, facilitate international terrorist actions by US citizens.

Recommended Action:
* Block Net Neutrality and shut down the Free Internet;
* If possible, curtail or limit other individual Rights and Freedoms.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by soficrow]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
just curious, but when will wikileaks release the ufo x files?
that will probably get Julian Assange killed in some freak plane or car crash

Yeah these guys are in the war business which goes hand in hand
with perhaps even more agents to deny the revolutionary secrets of Tesla.

This has to be small potatoes and something played out in each
and every war handled by the illuminati.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

This CIA "Red Cell" report from February 2, 2010, looks at what will happen if it is internationally understood that the United States is an exporter of terrorism; 'Contrary to common belief, the American export of terrorism or terrorists is not a recent phenomenon, nor has it been associated only with Islamic radicals or people of Middle Eastern, African or South Asian ethnic origin. This dynamic belies the American belief that our free, open and integrated multicultural society lessens the allure of radicalism and terrorism for US citizens.' The report looks at a number cases of US exported terrorism, including attacks by US based or financed Jewish, Muslim and Irish-nationalism terrorists. It concludes that foreign perceptions of the US as an "Exporter of Terrorism" together with US double standards in international law, may lead to noncooperation in renditions (including the arrest of CIA officers) and the decision to not share terrorism related intelligence with the United States.

don't laugh my cat, please
that fact is so obvious: Prime Goal for cia pushes dollar clan's influence to every Major Area of the World or ye was thinking they're after yours safety, wasn't ye?

[edit on 26-8-2010 by SarK0Y]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

When I read the memo I immediately saw more freedoms under attack. The mere implication that: "American Freedoms Facilitate Terrorist Recruitment and Operations" is suggestive in what the possible "solutions" might be.

Freedoms do facilitate terrorism but are not the cause of terrorism.

Much like a gun will facilitate death but is not the cause of death, the person pulling the trigger is the root cause.

Much like a blender will facilitate the loss of fingers but is ultimately not the cause...putting your hand in the blender is the cause.

The fact that this is even being discussed in this manner hints to me that "reduction of freedoms" is definitely an option they are looking at on the table.

Much like the internet helps facilitate piracy, prostitution, WIKILEAKS and any number of unlawful things. When these things are brought up, the knee-jerk reaction is to limit/censor/control/hinder etc etc anything that will facilitate those crimes.

When you start to hinder the facilitation of those crimes you consequently hinder the freedoms that are allowing that facilitation.

This is the message the document is trying to send. This is the type of thought provoking memo that will put the "restriction of freedoms act" on the table.

Once again its either freedom OR safety and security, both together cannot be achieved. Do we as Americans want a FREE country or a SAFE country? Somewhere along the lines Americans were convinced that both can be achieved.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by justyc

It would be more interresting if they got out the Vatican papers, or everything about the real lizard overlords. Not just this thin stuff. Might as well go for the full monty. I give the founder a month or less before he has a mysterious death.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sremmos
Why is this report only a few pages long?

Why is this report a propaganda piece about the threat of US citizens committing terrorism abroad?

This looks like a controlled leak to me.

All the document does is justify why the Government needs to work harder to restrict US citizens from traveling abroad.

What this PDF suggests is its smoking gun.

They are reporting that you and I are a threat to US Intelligence relations with foreign countries.

I TOTALLY and UNRESERVEDLY agree with you - this is a piece of trash propaganda.

It suggests Americans are a threat and more domestic spying is needed, it suggests travel restrictions, it suggests internet censorship is required.

This piece of trash should have been burned by wikileaks - not hyped up.

I had some trust for wikileaks, but they just destroyed it in a second.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I would rather have americans with freedom and rights , than americans without freedom or rights , regardless of whether they are safe or not !

the government are here to protect and maintain our rights , not to make sure we are safe and sound in our beds each night

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Concerning this question, I always loved this quote :

"Those who would give up essential liberty to
purchase a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety."

Benjamin Franklin

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

See Page three of the actual document.

"American Freedoms Facilitate Terrorist Recruitment"

Btw the CIA put that in bold w/caps not me.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by sremmos]

[edit on 28-8-2010 by sremmos]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The funny thing is that the greatest threat to American security is the ease and freedom in which people can illegally immigrate here.

Freedom in itself is a threat. The internet has become a communications tool for spies, terrorists and criminals so it must be either shut down or controlled.

Freedom impedes progress, shut up and get out of the way.

A good American is a silent American, a better American is a stupid American, the best American is a stupid, silent American.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This document is not in the public interest. There was no reason to leak it- it does not reveal anything untoward or illegal happening. All it does is reinforce that Wikileaks are after hits and publicity and do not have the public interest at heart.

F them.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I say release all of the documents to the publc and let the yanks start from scratch. Isn't it common knowledge that "telling the truth" is the first step to recovery?

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join