It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wikileaks releases CIA paper

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Not really, everything leaked by wikleaks is controlled, edited and has an agenda behind it. No scare tactics, unless they are attempting to scare themselves?

Seriously, enjoy the show, it is barely entertaining, though Hollywood produces much better crap than this.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
So what? This is no big deal at all. I hope this wasn't the anticipated release. This gives us no information what so ever. I don't see the big deal about this, at all.

It is common knowledge that Americans go abroad to join terror/freedom fighter groups, such as to Pakistan or Somalia.

Again, so what?

--airspoon

for all those who are missing the point - wl obviously has quite a few documents that they haven't release yet. they are getting these cia docs from someone inside....

as they cannot yet prove that the usa was behind the recent smear attempt of ja, this is just a warning shot.

should anything more serious happen, you can bet that the password to the insurance file will probably be released if it looks like the usa is behind the attacks to discredit them.

do the usa really want to play a game of who has the upper hand?

[edit on 25-8-2010 by justyc]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

The way I read it it isn't about citizens joining terror cells. It is about what will happen to Americas reputation if countries start finding out that the US plays a key role in terrorism. They are worried Americans will lose immunity in international investigations and that operations may start being carried out within US soil by foreign countries.

I wouldn't say this a direct warning to the CIA but it implies that the war on terrorism could start coming to USA.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is tiresome...

Wikileaks ain't threatening nothing or no one with this 'small' report.
I could have made that document 20 yrs ago when I was a child.

We need to recognize the world we live in, realize that Wikileaks and JA is actors/participants in achieving NWO. Otherwise all this wouldn't be allowed. They would bomb the shenanigans out of JA and other leakers responsible for global meltdown, before it could even take place. There hasn't been free roaming agents for several hundred years. All is planned. All is expected.

Joe

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm disappointed. Thought it was the 15K documents pending, was eagerly awaiting them. Though these current documents are also vital and shed light on some important things.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wikileaks Founder to be Grilled in Molestation Charges

www.nypost.com...

The timing of this announcement is suspect. I cannot for the life of me believe somehow this is all just coincidence. That the Pentagon and CIA would be fuming over Wikileaks at the same time molestation charges are brought up. The term molestation in itself in America generally refers to offending children. This is not the case based on the allegations. NY Post seems even keel on giving an accurate portrayal of the facts, even mentioning that the announcement was on the same day as the CIA released paper.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by ExPostFacto]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Oh man Assange is crazy... he is going directly at the CIA? wow talk about ballsy... I believe the formula for Assange is

AIDA

Attention.... New leak
Interest.... the general information shared
Decision.... the bloggers reactions to gauge the reactionary level
Action.... when they release the official document and expectedly people begin to take action

ABC.... Always be closing.... now that we are sold on wikileaks "power" Assange is attempting to close the deal and get the desired result

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just wanted to add, I am also disappointed. In my opinion, and I don't care if you are a terrorist, freedom fighter, soldier, congress member, whatever.. If you withhold or delay truth, you are on the same team as evil. Then some might say, oh, but you can't always tell the truth, some might get hurt, scared, insane, etc... I don't care.

Truth deserves light, and truth shall set you free. I do not care if people get hurt, who are to decide what is best for others? Who is judge numero uno?

Give us the password, so we can move forward, backwards, up or down. Whatever floats the boat.

Joe

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
WTF! We deserve that image based on what we did to Afgan, why are we there again? Oh yea Osama came from there and they manufacturing terrorists!

Looks like we did the same to them.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Oh man I honestly thought that we were gonna see something a bit more...shall we say "incriminating"???Nevertheless S&F for you sir!!!

link   
It does confirm the practice of rendition in writing.... And also confirms they have sources with access to CIA material at a level of at least secret. Personally I think it's a warning shot, but don't underestimate it.

link   

Originally posted by JoeSignal
Just wanted to add, I am also disappointed. In my opinion, and I don't care if you are a terrorist, freedom fighter, soldier, congress member, whatever.. If you withhold or delay truth, you are on the same team as evil. Then some might say, oh, but you can't always tell the truth, some might get hurt, scared, insane, etc... I don't care.

Truth deserves light, and truth shall set you free. I do not care if people get hurt, who are to decide what is best for others? Who is judge numero uno?

Give us the password, so we can move forward, backwards, up or down. Whatever floats the boat.

Joe

I also agree, only troop positions and war tatics warrent a secrite method of protection and not many more things.

Lies cause terror and in my opinion the US is more of a terrorist than Osama.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Comments and queries are welcome and may be directed to the CIA Red Cell at (703) 482-6918 / 482-0169

I guess someone should call them up and ask if they confirm this press release..
Please record that for our entertainment.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I've been a big supporter of WL, but this document was...disappointing. You would think CIA Documents would be full of more interesting information but this just wasn't that great.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Okay did this doc discuss state-sponsored terrorism or did it discuss the possibility of allure and appeal of terrorism to the common joe ?

I can't download it for some reason .

And by the way JA , WHERE THE HELL is the HISTORY-MAKING stuff you promised several weeks ago ?

I'm beginning to look at all this through squinted eyes , the further it progresses . In other words , I'm finding it very hard to see anything of REAL SIGNIFICANCE coming forth from wiki .

Is this turning into the new American Idol , or what ?

[edit on 25-8-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Yawn, so the CIA has attempted to infiltrate terrorist cells, groups/organizations etc. and even Al Qaeda?

Please.

Leak something on us worthy of our time.

And, don't let it be piss, without at least trying convince us that it is raining.

The fact that we are getting to read a document like this, it's leaking being intentional or not and the issue of Wikileaks being a government mouthpiece aside, is something that I am very grateful for.

If you aren't satisfied with the quality of the dirt of what is being leaked, then why don't you do something about it? Like making contact with the ones on the inside leaking this type of document, or hacking the systems where they're stored yourself.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by susp3kt]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I think many of WL moves are going to be about posturing in the media... and attempts to maintain momentum and increase the base support for WL in general.

He doesn't have to release a blockbuster... just so long as everyone is listening either way - just in case they decide to release the 'big ones'.

I think Assange might be envisioning regular media attention, consistent from week to week.

If WL releases something every week or every other week, they will dominate the news.

Just think... already they are a very significant dominator in the international eye.

Why release everything at once, if you can reach more people by 'building up' your support and audience?

Of course, you can't taunt the audience for too long... but a scheduled agenda over a year, year and a half will not only increase the status of WL, but increase the chances that more leaks will come forward.

My 2c.

And, this particular Red Cell document is interesting in its own right... the info might not surprise ATS'ers, but again - that is not WL target audience. They are trying to educate the mainstream.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyle43

The way I read it it isn't about citizens joining terror cells. It is about what will happen to Americas reputation if countries start finding out that the US plays a key role in terrorism.

Thats how I see it as well. When the country whose main sales pitch to the rest of the world is "wars on terror" is shown out to be a huge exporter of terrorists, terrorism itself, it does kind of make you go "hmmmm."

Kind of like an exterminator driving by your house before you get up in the morning, dumping bugs all over the place, and then knocking on your door later promising to get rid of your infestation for some $$ and a little infringement of your privacy and other rights.

When the person charging you to clean up a mess is found to be the main creator of messes, you just kinda feel a little manipulated.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Okay I read it. I do not think it's ground breaking when presented on a "What If" scenario. Now, that said, if I found out they took this report and started passing laws such as internet regulations, and additional executive powers, purporting these laws to the public as a necessity to defend from leaks and damage to the reputation of the country, when in fact it is to control the population under a fear that someone might do something stupid...if that is the reasoning then I would have a problem with that. However, this CIA paper is not ground breaking.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs

If WL releases something every week or every other week, they will dominate the news.

Just think... already they are a very significant dominator in the international eye.

Why release everything at once, if you can reach more people by 'building up' your support and audience?

Of course, you can't taunt the audience for too long... but a scheduled agenda over a year, year and a half will not only increase the status of WL, but increase the chances that more leaks will come forward.

and by the end of that time period - iceland will have it's modern media initiative in place - then - it's game over for those with something to hide!

i can't wait...!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join