It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wikileaks releases CIA paper

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sremmos
Why is this report only a few pages long?

Why is this report a propaganda piece about the threat of US citizens committing terrorism abroad?

This looks like a controlled leak to me.

All the document does is justify why the Government needs to work harder to restrict US citizens from traveling abroad.

What this PDF suggests is its smoking gun.

They are reporting that you and I are a threat to US Intelligence relations with foreign countries.

as someone without culture and without sense of "world" you would think that way

a normal person will see that as a way of telling: bad people exists everywhere

they are not just from one country ... thats it

people can talk $¨% about other countries, but to ADMIT that the US have bad people there that want to kill others is like SOMETHING AGAINST THE GOOD PEOPLE?

man ... u are just a freaking hater and probably unaware of everything else but US

people like u are the ones that are destroying the US economy

just to clarify: the US sells the false information that there are only "terrorists" or "bad people" in Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran ... thats the problem

[edit on 25/8/10 by Faiol]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt

The fact that we are getting to read a document like this, it's leaking being intentional or not and the issue of Wikileaks being a government mouthpiece aside, is something that I am very grateful for.

That memo, and its "level of secrecy" combined with the leak, and your gratitude will no doubt generate some really good laughs amongst the CIA top brass.

If you aren't satisfied with the quality of the dirt of what is being leaked, then why don't you do something about it. Like hack the secure systems that these files came from yourself.

Do you actually believe that anyone at wikileaks is capable of "hacking" or "cracking" US government/military encryption methods?

There is only one thing wikileaks could do that would satisfy my need for quality dirt. Would you like to know more?

Sorry, my answer is classified and encrypted.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I will sell the key and password for $100,000,000,000

Verifiable cash inquires only please.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
well I do not view it like some of you view it.
I view it as saying to the world that American
Gov and the CIA sponsor and fund terrorism.
And that makes America a terrorist state and asks
all nations not to share terrorism intel with
the US cuz it will be exploited in the US favor.

And now to re-iterate Bush's words:

You're either with us
or ur with the terrorists

this proves they are both terrorists.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Do you actually believe that anyone at wikileaks is capable of "hacking" or "cracking" US government/military encryption methods?

they dont have to. 256 encryption is publicly available.

see truecrypt

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
well I do not view it like some of you view it.
I view it as saying to the world that American
Gov and the CIA sponsor and fund terrorism.
And that makes America a terrorist state and asks
all nations not to share terrorism intel with
the US cuz it will be exploited in the US favor.

And now to re-iterate Bush's words:

You're either with us
or ur with the terrorists

this proves they are both terrorists.

yes let's not forget that the fbi provided the explosives for the bombing of the world trade center.

it's something that they like to forget (was caught on tape)

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I also think its pretty interesting that they spent so much time handwringing on other countries wanted to get at terrorists here in the States. Kinda makes you wonder what we are doing with all these baddies that have been causing so much trouble.

On the international chessboard, this is an important leak. It makes it clear that the US is playing the victim card to get things is clearly has no intentions of reciprocating.

This leak may not be a big deal to us, lower level Americans, but I am willing to bet there are some foreigners out there that are looking a lot more unfavorably at some CIA requests for stuff right now.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Obviously these kind of sexual trysts between essentially consenting strangers can have bad outcomes in that the parties don't know each other and thus the two parties may have extremely different expectations. This is especially true when one is a celebrity who is in the limelight and the other is suffering from some kind of groupie infatuation or wants to be in the limelight themselves.

Maybe the typical anarchist Wikileaks pets are more likely to engage in or at least condone transient sexual activity? That would mean news releases like this molestation nonsense would polarize public opinion creating a split between the general public with traditional sexual mores and the wikileaks anarchists who are presumeably more liberal? Kind of transparent.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Indeed ... although all this really is is a mid-level memo taking several pages to say "american terrorists bad for business."

Reminds me of some of my posts ... taking forever to say nothing.

[edit on 25 Aug 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
What I find interesting about this - if it's real, which technically I can't prove myself - is that it demonstrates that our central intelligence agency is concerned about how the United States is perceived in the world, and actively works to assess and report on factors that might impact that. Among those factors would appear to be the fact that while we prosecute an ostensible war on terror, we have at times also exported terror, but do not wish to be perceived as exporting terror. That's the main thing that struck me.

Again - if it's real.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

The issue of the information being bombshell material or not is irrelevant to me. I'm not going to disparage WL on this point.

Again, I'm grateful for even an article as mediocre as this, regardless of whether top brass in the CIA find amusement in its release or even my gratitude.

Hey, I'm in agreement with you on the issue of the content being rather dull. But is that any reason to hate on WL for not coming forward with more revealing documents in one swift release?

I do hope for more, and I'm sure that they have something juicier and hopefully will release it in good time. However it does make me wonder about their motive when their releases are incremental like this.

Vivre bien.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Indeed ... although all this really is is a mid-level memo taking several pages to say "american terrorists bad."

Or worse, if the world were to find out how far the CIA has gone to create terrorists who could first impress and then win the trust of groups like (Al Qaeda) and/or others in order to infiltrate them.

But that isn't in this memo... That would be WAY above top secret.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Unless born yesterday or withing a few years of high school there
should be no doubt of being cartel owned.
Schools are funded to educate in the knowledge desired by
the illuminati.
No more no less.
Empowered by law the standard is set and you are on the outs
if one deviates.
There is a buy in power into the illuminati and the Islamic power
is being felt as sole source for oil as Rockefeller and the old guard
are just transportation lackeys.
Stand up for Tesla and the non oil, non Illuminati way
to energy discovered (by Tesla) and suppressed by JP Morgan, GE and
a pile of cartels selling their standard technology (designed by Tesla
for millions of dollars) to the rest of the world for oil.
It is time for the rest of the Tesla discoveries to be unveiled.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Yeah, that would have been a lot more explosive. But it is sort of implied by the section on us worrying about having to turn over terrorist here in the US to other nations.

Why wouldnt we cooperate with other nations by handing over terrorists who had done bad things abroad...................................................unless those terrorists could say something about US involvement that we might find intensely embarrassing.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by justyc

It concludes that foreign perceptions of the US as an "Exporter of Terrorism" together with US double standards in international law, may lead to noncooperation in renditions (including the arrest of CIA officers) and the decision to not share terrorism related intelligence with the United States.

This sentence looks like they might be using "rendition" in the arrest of CIA officers.. or am I misreading this and it really means noncooperation with releasing arrested CIA officers?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Unless born yesterday or withing a few years of high school there
should be no doubt of being cartel owned.
Schools are funded to educate in the knowledge desired by
the illuminati.
No more no less.
Empowered by law the standard is set and you are on the outs
if one deviates.
There is a buy in power into the illuminati and the Islamic power
is being felt as sole source for oil as Rockefeller and the old guard
are just transportation lackeys.
Stand up for Tesla and the non oil, non Illuminati way
to energy discovered (by Tesla) and suppressed by JP Morgan, GE and
a pile of cartels selling their standard technology (designed by Tesla
for millions of dollars) to the rest of the world for oil.
It is time for the rest of the Tesla discoveries to be unveiled.

WTF?

Little too obvious mate.

As for my previous post, if someone were to have such information, and are now inclined to leak that to wikileaks... Then wikileaks will have achieved its ultimate objective.

That someone needs to be very careful.

Speculation... of course, or maybe not, this time.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

i would imagine it means that some people previously involved in helping with usa approved renditions may turn on those organising them and arrest them as suspected terrorists also. that's the way i read it anyway

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Gah, it's not even their first paper from Red Cell.
www.scribd.com...
Even the phone numbers are same:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
So they withhold it for like 6 months?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
dam no aliens....................OH WELL

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by the.krio

just curious = did you only join ats to have a go at wl? it seems that way from your posts.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join