It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians overly sensitive, Brits warned

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Not even close. The US is a republic that seceded from Britain violently. Ours is a parliamentary system that separated from Britain via a LONG political movement.

You inspired me to read up on some Canadian history. After the war of 1812 there was some violent skirmishes between Canadian rebels and British loyalists. And then what you said... a really long period of political petitioning and this and that.

It says in 1982 the Queen of England pretty much gave Canadians permission to be responsible for their own constitution... Really? I would have loved it if we could have seceded from Britain without fighting a war but at the same time wouldn't you have rather just shot them in the 1700s/1800s until they left?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yagerbombs
reply to post by ker2010

U must be aware brah.

Canadians are an ungrateful bunch. There existence in world politics is meaningless..

ITT Canadians think theyre special and unique... lulz

I do have more than a life time of events that indicate otherwise. I guess its all a matter of time when one begins to understand the concept of communication. We all live on the same rock called Earth, we all have similar concerns with our own micro cosmos, so in short, we have nothing that separates us but everything that binds us. Its all a matter of perception.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
whats bad is when you go meet your wife's aunt and uncle for the first time down in florida and they mistake you for a Canadian instead of a backwoods hillbilly.
The words from her aunts mouth "you never told us he was canadian" when I herd that I almost chocked no offense.

I bet the term a picture is worth a million words would fit here like a glove if someone had taken a quick photo of your facial expression the moment you heard that

awesome..simply awesome.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
So i guess this more or less confirms the obvious feeling and as it has been seen throughout this whole thread

A Gallup poll published last week asked Americans for their perceptions of 20 nations that figure prominently in the news or U.S. foreign policy. For the second year running, Canada ranked first, with 90 percent of Americans viewing us favo(u)rably (don’t think less of me, but Canadian spelling has a ‘u’).

Britain ranked a close second at 87 percent, but never mind that, we were first and that’s what matters.

Interestingly, Germany ranked third, with Japan, Israel, India, and France coming next.

www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
reply to post by ker2010

You need to learn some respect. The Canadians are in Afghanistan to help you! But you think nothing of it... No, you want to troll this thread with a stupid video! Grow up "kid" - cause your mind is juvenile. What point are you making? Except that you aren't grown up and mature enough to realise that we work together as countries?? As "Alan Harper" says: "Blow it out your ass!"

Look at the hypocrite you are. Why did you not jump on the Canadian and Aussie hyping each other up about being able to take on America. And trash talking Americans. huh? Hypocrite. Yep if they post junk ill post it back.
Now go preach to them "BOY"...

[edit on 12-8-2010 by ker2010]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
Noone wants Canada cause its a frozen wasteland.

Sir/Madam,

Not sure were your information is coming from, but if you would take the time to engage your brain and disengage your rage then perhaps you just might be aware of a simple reality.

www.norad.mil...

Somehow i cannot understand your "Canada cause its a frozen wasteland" to that which is evident throughout the known educated world.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Ive been to Canada 99% of its population is within 100 miles of the Canadian/US border. Further north Canada is mostly uninhabited wilderness.

Anyway i said what i did to prove a point. People can bash america, or americans with lies, stereotypes etc and nothing is said.

As soon as we start bashing back people take offense to it.

thanks for you two proving my point.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

reply to post by tristar

Ive been to Canada 99% of its population is within 100 miles of the Canadian/US border. Further north Canada is mostly uninhabited wilderness.

Maybe so, but its still not all frozen wasteland. Did you know grass grows in the Northwest territories?

Some people.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Where were you? Kenora? Winnipeg? And at what time of the year? Frozen wasteland? Not likely. I've live in those places and yes, from Nov to May they sure would seem like a frozen wasteland but the rest of the year, beautiful. Except for the bugs.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker

reply to post by tristar

Maybe so, but its still not all frozen wasteland. Did you know grass grows in the Northwest territories?

Some people.

Ok now you run along and bash the people who have sterotyped americans in this same thread. Or do i need to direct you to the posts?
Oh i see its a one way street.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Anyway i said what i did to prove a point. People can bash america, or americans with lies, stereotypes etc and nothing is said.

What are you on about? No one is bashing America or it's citizens here. Relax dude and have a beer.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker

reply to post by tristar

Some people.

Ok now you run along and bash the people who have sterotyped americans in this same thread. Or do i need to direct you to the posts?
Oh i see its a one way street.

I guess if you say stupid things someone will come along and "bash" you. Learn what your talking about first if you can't handle it.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

So you perceive that people are bashing America, not true, and your response is to bash. Nice dude. You are really doing your fellow countrymen well.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Meh, I don't sound much like an American. I just spent a weekend with 7 of them and we really all sounded different.

Would I be offended to be mistaken for one?

Depends on why I am being mistaken. Most of the reasons for it wouldn't bother me at all.

I love my sisters and brothers to the south but I ain't them. Despite the attempted trolling
in this thread, Canada is a pretty distinct society and a very diverse society from coast to coast.

Anyone who thinks that we are the same doesn't really know much about us. For this that said we try to be like America, meh. It happens, the bleed over from such a behemoth to the south is inevitable. We are still very very different and distinct. We view the world in very different ways. A Canadian was responsible for the implementation of the PeaceKeeper and it has been our legacy for almost half a century before the current conflict in Afghanistan.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Intrepid,

You're a great guy! Please come back!!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

reply to post by tristar

thanks for you two proving my point.

Oh i have not taken any offense to anything, i have been called far worse and in far worse situations in life. I was merely pointing out that your view is as valued as the next person's. Its what has put us on top of the food chain. But when inaccuracies are used is when i suppose the intelligence as a species should kick in and try and show another point of view.

As i mentioned earlier on, we all live on the same rock called Earth, it really does not matter what flag or ideology you orientate around, the fact remains that only through co-operation, exchanging and accepting will any nation see what has eluded the human race for centuries.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

What are you on about? No one is bashing America or it's citizens here. Relax dude and have a beer.

Originally posted by randomname
you can tell the americans when they visit canada, they are the obese, arrogant, loudmouths that make a scene ordering a simple cup of coffee. they also come with this we own the world attitude. all you can do is shake your head and feel sorry for them because that level of ignorance is beyond fixable.

Not bashing?

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by Redwookieaz

Unfortunately, other peoples experiences with Americans doesn't just come down to what they have seen on TV. Many people here have spoken from first-person experiences, including myself. Now while I agree with you that not all Americans are like that, I'm afraid that I've also met many Americans who fly around the world carrying the American flag and spouting what a great country it is, denigrating the country that they are in and then acting surprised when they get mobbed. This I have seen with my own eyes, many times over.

Yeah im sure you have seen tons of americans do this right? pfft

quote]Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by nepafogo

I agree.. But lets not forget America has invaded us before and what happened...? Oh that's right we Kicked serious butt and won do y'all in the states remember the war of 1812?

They do, I've seen them mention it on ATS quite alot. Thing is, they think they won it! Despite Washington being razed, the White House being burnt to the ground, their President leaving in such a hurry his dinner was still on the table when British troops stormed the building and them failing spectaculary in securing the Canadian provinces they were after.

Sure it might not be all bashing but it sure as hell is s&%^ talking and it seems to be coming from non americans. So i got the right to talk a little crap back.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

3 posts out of 375? C'mon dude. You don't even need a thick skin to deal with that. Seems like you're going out of your way to get pissed off. Come back to the thread where we are pretty much all getting along.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Their were actually a few more i didnt go through all 16+ pages just through enough for you to get a idea. But you noticed noone jumped on these guys for saying negative things about america. As soon as i post negatives about Canada oh noooo your wrong ignorant sterotypes.
Just show their are more canadians in this thread.

But yes we can all get along.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

But yes we can all get along.

Well that depends. Are you a Cowboys fan?

GO NINERS!

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join