It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians overly sensitive, Brits warned

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I'm quite happy where I am but when you do talk to foreigners they all say they want to move to America....especially the Middle Easterns. I've been to the States and loved it, will go back and will love it again but move there? Then it would'nt be so exciting.

Yep, they're all lining up to go to England, USA, France, Germany, Italy & Australia.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
right...
Americans travel with Canadian flags sown on everything for a reason...
Like the American press did during the invasion of Iraq, or like backpackers do in Europe.

Canadians earned the right to wear that flag.
We wonder whats all the fuss about respecting the American flag,
when so many of the people from the US then go and choose to wear ours.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Danbones]

Then there are those canadians that also choose to use an American Confederate flag for their avatar while posting negatively about some Americans using the canadian flag.

Oh, the irony (I'm being kind ...).

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Our flags have the same colours in it and we all are brothers and sisters....now should'nt that bind us as one?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I don't pretend to be Canadian abroad, I just try and improve our tarnished image and let people realize that there are a great many different kinds of people in America.

America has got to be the most difficult place in the world to make generic assumptions about. We are hardly cohesive in any thought or action as a group.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
When the All Whites walked away with their heads held high as the only UNDEFEATED team of FIFA 2010.

And it goes without saying, our soccer lads are not like the European pressies - all hype and no action. The All Whites really are fine young men; I'm proud of them. They quietly went on the field, did their stuff, then quietly left the same way. How they handled themselves in SA was just beautiful. Yes, they did earn the respect of all the FIFA authorities.

They did well, but it was a quite a weak group they were in.
If you want to look at the negative slant on their performances, they were one of only eight teams that failed to win a single match at the World Cup.

It was just the ''most respected'' part that I was querying, because I think that Brazil, Germany, Italy, England and a number of other teams may have something to say about that.

Anyway, sorry for going off-topic.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Our flags have the same colours in it and we all are brothers and sisters....now should'nt that bind us as one?

Read the entire post, including the post I was responding to.

Also, to be accurate, the canadian flag is only red and white - no blue - like you find in either the U.S. or Confederate flags.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

everyone knows the Canadian flag but since we have red and white (with blue) in ours, thats just small detail.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

You are joking, right? Italy and Brazil? hahahahahaha
No respect among those teams, none. Pressies all the way.

So we did'nt win but none of the teams among the best in the world could beat us either.....now THAT says something!

Italy.....5 FIFA cups could'nt beat the All Whites !!!!!! I'm still pissing myself laughing to all my Italian friends and now they'll get one hell of a whollop come RWC 2011 in NZ. Like FIFA 2010, the Italians will go home again after only (barely) lasting in the first group matches.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Brazil: 5 times World Champions, Italy: 4 times World Champions, NZ: Never won a single match at a World Cup.

Slovakia ( who are one of the weaker sides ) actually managed to beat Italy.
Switzerland were also unbeaten in 2006, and the only team at this World Cup to beat the eventual Champions !

Once again, my apologies for going ridiculously off-topic.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Not really funny and actually understandable.

Canadians look like Americans
Canadians talk like Americans...unless they're French Canadians.

So yeah, it's pretty easy to mix it up actually. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

That would be AWESOME my Aussie friend! Cheers to the day where we will be free of all this chaos created for and by us!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hahaha...

Canada 'is' apart of the continent called North America, but they are an independent country with laws, borders, and philosophies of their own.

United States 'is' apart of the continent called North America, and we are also an independent country with laws, borders, and philosophies of our own.

When you apply for loans, jobs, voting, social services, and to become president in the United Sates, the question asked is, "Are you a 'United States' citizen?" It does not ask, "Are you a American citizen?"

We all live on the landmass called the American continent, but our citizenship designation is independent according to the nation we live.

I don't call myself a 'European-American'. I call my self a 'United States Citizen'. Big difference in thinking. Calling someone a 'United States Citizen' is more accurate than using a hyphen.

'America' is just a term that identifies the landmass in which we live upon. 'America' is not a country in of itself.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If you go to Great Britain and you're a Yank tell them you're Canadian and you'll get to meet the Queen and she won't drink your blood. It's pretty cool. Yes wear a Canadian flag when you travel you'll be treated well, just have a good Canadian background story so they don't find you out or they will treat you like an American.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hi,
I am from Britain, my friends and I all respect everyone regardless of where they come from (without exception) regardless of colour, religion etc...
Most people can differentiate between people and underhand "governments".
The political elite never really reflect the true feelings of their populous.
Everyone knows the difference between right and wrong, it's more a case of whether they live by it.x

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
Canada doesn't invade other countries, and got its sovereignty by asking nicely.

Well, actually there was that burning down of the white house thing in 1812.

I think an encore would be nice and take out congress while you are at it too.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Oh no!

God forbid anyone gets their feelings hurt!

Seriously though, maybe this stems from the fact that most Americans traveling abroad are told to say they are "Canadian" to avoid any anti american sentiments

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nepafogo
reply to post by sassyncute

Its a good thing because lets face it if Amereeka decided to invade Canada tomorrow sometime after breakfast, including finding their way there and navigating the french signs, "job done" should be somewhere around Noon in time for lunch.

This is the type of comment that really irritates me. It is just so typical of "Team America- World Police".. We can kick anyones ass in 10 minutes ..blah blah blah..
How long have you been in Afghanistan and Iraq now? How did that Vietnam thing go? I am fine with all of the other comments, but as soon as you start talking about how you could invade us and kick our ass in 1/2 day I just get very pissed off. This is the exact attitude that makes you so popular in the rest of the world's eyes.
What you forgot to consider is how many other countries would have our back if you even tried such a thing as to cross that border with ill intentions. I am quite certain we have a few friends out there who would not allow such a thing to happen and would send you limping back across that border.

Just sayin..

That Sassyncute is just a troll, but since you feel that way about Americans here goes:

Look at all the Canadians/Aussies talking crap in this thread. Have seen hardly any americans say anything bad about you Canucks. blah blah blah Oh so you guys cant fight your own wars If the USA invaded fact is you would need back up. You need back up to stand a chance. Eh Eh EH? Cant fight your battles? Noone wants Canada cause its a frozen wasteland. And if it wasnt for america and if china, russia etc wanted canada they could take you guys easily. So thank God you have a pitbull protecting your poodle ass. Deny it all you want but thats the fact jack.

This is what happens when a Canuck redneck runs across good old american boys in a fight

www.youtube.com...

LMAO

[edit on 12-8-2010 by ker2010]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Why should they feel pleased to be called Americans while on their own land and not being Americans?

Would Americans like to be called Canadians or Mexicans while in US soil? Brits be called French while in UK or vice versa?

Guess not. This doesn't make any sense whatsoever. It smells like yet another attempt to stamp a "Americans we don't like you" all over the news for Americans to read with the intent of causing a fuss over nothing.

People that were expecting something different should stop using the American flag as underwear and rethink things a bit.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_
Guess not. This doesn't make any sense whatsoever. It smells like yet another attempt to stamp a "Americans we don't like you" all over the news for Americans to read with the intent of causing a fuss over nothing.

Actually, I think this all started with a handbook for the British to study for the upcoming Olympic games. There are quite a few funny tidbits in there that are either untrue or just plain silly in reference to all different countries.

They had listed quite a few on a morning news show here and I found it more entertaining than educational.

I really believe that this was just done in order for the British to understand their worldly counterparts so as to not insult anyone due to ignorance of their customs.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

U must be aware brah.

Canadians are an ungrateful bunch. There existence in world politics is meaningless..

ITT Canadians think theyre special and unique... lulz

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join