It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians overly sensitive, Brits warned

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Mom will see what she can do but she is estranged from her beautifull irish relatives and the jocks never get a round of beers in (tight assed buggers)..

I will just have to say to America to "tidy your room and stop hogging the phone!" But they take no notice of mommy anymore!

Seriously though, much love to my amazing brothers and sisters in America, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.. You do mommy proud everyday, and even though there has been many bad things committed as you have grown, you have for the most been a force for good in the world, so much that no other nations who have been have made groundbreaking achievements for the human race in all spheres as those birthed from this angel isle..

Mommy loves you x

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

They sell Jack D and cola in a can in ASDA now over here.

As for American beer being light weight, not true. Bud and Coors etc is p*ss water, but if you try some of the micro brewery stuff, it's mind blowing! California have some great local beers (beer, not lager, but it's fizzy and cold). I was drinking one that was 11% volume... I got a little drunk that day, I can tell you.

Canadian Whiskey is pretty good too. It's somewhere between Irish and Burbon.

I have to agree though, Speckled Hen and Hob Goblin are great, but Bombardier is the king of beers!

BTW, being a local boy, you should try a local Tipton micro brewery called Toll End. They make a great beer called Coal 'Ole. It's about 12% and goes down far too easily!

[edit on 13-8-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I was just thinking of the way Canada and the US share our celebrities. Many of ours go to live in the states, for the opportunities, Howie Mandel, Shania, Celine Dion, Pam Anderson (she makes up for Celine), Avril Lavigne, etc.....

Many of the stars that were born in the states like to come up here for the peace, away from the media, even Toronto, although I don't know how they consider that peaceful, it's so populated.

We have strict stalking and privacy laws. Paparazzi aren't allowed to behave the way they do in the US. They might even be the only people we are allowed to shoot

Just kidding, I don't think we are allowed to shoot them.....
but I'm pretty sure we're allowed to run them over if they get in the way of our vehicles

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Hmmn... Sounds like im going to have to go back to the states and do some more "research"..

Thanks to your recommendations i am on route to Tipton as i type (on the bus) in search of some coal ole... Just hope i dont fall into the coal hole when i get back home.. But the alcohol buzz should protect me, especially from my missus death glare lol

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

But on a more serious note, I judge a whole nation by its beer.. Australia.. Cans of rum and coke?? Wtf is that about? Didnt stop me drinking it though lol, bundy i think its called? Bu my fave was Bees knees, wish we could buy that here.. However i have sourced my other fave aussie thing Tim Tams....

Its been over a decade that i have read let alone heard those Tim Tam biscuits. I must say, you did bring some fond memories of my stay down under. By the way, i enjoy buying roo meat from local supermarket, although it does require some getting used to.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
American tourists in the UK, What should the brits be warned about The American visitors.

haha...nice video, but you could also say that it is very true. I have come across many americans abroad who act very similar to this and are about the same age as the couple in the video. Couldn't stop laughing at the punt " are you smiling under there"

[edit on 13-8-2010 by tristar]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Not a big fan of roo meat myself... I got introduced to crocodile meat too, it was like eating seafood pork! Yuck! Australia.. The only country in the world that eats the animals on its coat of arms! We did that too, hence why unicorns are extinct lol..

But i love Oz, been loads of times and myself and the family will be in Sydney in two months to see mates.. Hopefully going to get to the states again next year, want to check out that new glass walkway over the grand canyon, That should provide a few laughs lol..

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Well you did get me thinking now,

What is Australia's national dish and i guess i could also ask what is Canada's and America's national dish ?.

edit: Forgot to mention, i have never ever tasted crock meat..now that is one hell of a freaky thought, heck, i wasn't even aware they were put on the market. Is there anything that walks or swims that we do not harvest as food ?

[edit on 13-8-2010 by tristar]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

But the alcohol buzz should protect me, especially from my missus death glare lol

I bet that's a stare that no amount of alcohol could help you with or save you from it..

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Poutine!!! Oh the good yummy taste of gravy and cheese curd with french fries... Damn I'm hungry and need a heart attack in a bowl

Edit: For got to say this is the Canada's dish...

Edit two: Canada could also say beaver tails... SO good with Cinnamon and brown sugar.. oh god with nutella its like nothing you have ever tasted

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Xiamara]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by tristar

Poutine!!! Oh the good yummy taste of gravy and cheese curd with french fries... Damn I'm hungry and need a heart attack in a bowl

I must admit, that i googled that dish to see it and my first reaction was, that i would need about a week for that to be digested. Although it does look tasty, then again, in cold weather nations its normal to see food such as that, i mean take a look at russian food or better yet food from siberia , it would make most doctors rub their fingers as potential customers.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Its not only a heart attack in a bowl but an orgasm too. Its so damn good. Its not as good with grated cheese has to be cheese curds and REALLY thick graved and salted fries...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I suppose the UK's national dish is fish and chips, but we have regional dishes too, Around here in the Black Country (named because it was the birthplace of heavy industry and the industrial revolution.. The "black" was the smoke comming out of the huge foundry chimnies turning the skies black) we have "faggots and peas" which hs nothing to do with gays lol.. We like our gay people around here! Faggots are sort of like a small haggis with onion gravy.. Put in mushy peas and im in heaven lol.. Up noth you have yorkshire pudding, in london you have bubble and squeak.. To many to list.. But the most staple thing that binds the whole UK is beer... Of which im having as we speak in Tipton... Feeling merry lol..

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

But the alcohol buzz should protect me, especially from my missus death glare lol

I bet that's a stare that no amount of alcohol could help you with or save you from it..

You are sooo right dude! I will know about it tomorrow

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
A Cdn dish that comes to mind is grilled wild salmon with a maple syrup glaze...mmmmmm

woodwardjnr, that video was hilarious
she's probably pretty under there

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Oh my god... Soo good.... With poutine and then a beaver tail for dessert that would make my day...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by snowspirit

Oh my god... Soo good.... With poutine and then a beaver tail for dessert that would make my day...

I am having a huge problem with beavers damming up my creek, I wonder if I can make them taste good? If I could learn to cook them, that could be a new Cdn dish, hmm. Maybe stewed with beer.....

The beaver tail dessert made me think of them

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Umm..okay..you have officially caught me off guard, is beaver actually edible and if so, what kind of meat would you compare it to ?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Umm..okay..you have officially caught me off guard, is beaver actually edible and if so, what kind of meat would you compare it to ?

*hugs* thank you!!! You have made my day. You just fell for Canada's favorite joke..

Look up beaver tails on google and you can find out what they are.. I love a warm beaver tail and hot chocolate while skating on the canal. Its so Canadian,

Oh and nothing compares to a beaver tail...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I've heard of the native Indians cooking it before. I've heard you have to get rid of ALL of the fat, that it ruins the flavor. Also have heard to never give leftovers to your dog, due to flatulence issues

www.ehow.com...
www.chow.com...

I have a cook book from the 1950s and it has recipes for little game, even squirrel, but they're too cute to eat unless starving. The beavers are making me mad, messing with my creek though, they're fair game.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join