It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians overly sensitive, Brits warned

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I been to Canada 3 times and the only people that you could tell werent Americans were the Quebecers. Everyone else seems just as american as the people i saw before i crossed the border.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
Everyone else seems just as american as the people i saw before i crossed the border.

I take that as a compliment. I've been to the States many times and have met some of the finest people you could meet. I appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Time for some fun

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

My fiance is a born Canadian. She has dual citizenship. I just get tired of the American bashing. All country's have good people its the damn governments that are the corrupted.

I also think its a damn shame you need a passport to cross now. There is good and bad in both countrys.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by ker2010]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

I've been to 6 States and the only one I could bash is California. Not because of the people or the culture, my team is in Cali but the environment. IT'S TOO DAMN HOT!!! Send someone that hasn't been out of SoCal to Canada(and not Vancouver) in mid Feb. You get the idea.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

North Carolina here 97 degrees today. We had a heat index of 110 that means once the humidity is factored in it feels like 110 degrees outside!!! Heat advisory's have been out last 2 days.

You guys have good weather over the summer months but damn if you dont pay for it the other 8-9 months. Subs zero temps and snow week after week sometimes.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

I guess that would be 97 F right ? ..oh what am i thinking, if it was C, then the oceans would have evaporated...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Yes when it gets this hot its really to hot to enjoy any outdoor activity. You could swim but would prob get burned even with sunscreen. 3 minutes outside you start sweating. Hard to breath sometimes too especially if you arent used to it. Its the humidity that kills us here. This has been a especially hot summer though.

We had a cold winter for us though so in essence we had a extra cold winter with a few snows (more than usual) this year and a extra hot summer!!

From the Ice age to global warming haha

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I realize it may be off topic, but i was watching this video and it did ring some alarm bells at the current state we all seem to view , read or research. The fact is we all have this uneasy feeling that something is simply not right and no one is really addressing what is directly affecting us. Yet they choose to impose what Iran or N.Kore or Israel is doing. We have indeed entered in some uncharted waters, i only hope there are enough life jackets for everyone.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

reply to post by tristar

Ive been to Canada 99% of its population is within 100 miles of the Canadian/US border. Further north Canada is mostly uninhabited wilderness.

I'm 300 miles up from the border in Saskatchewan. Lots of people up here still. Not too many, just right actually. Good roads, less people on them. Lots of snow in the winter, in the summer, beautiful country, boreal forest mixed with farmland. It's still very much civilized.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Also wanted to ask, if anyone who is up north of Canada, have they seen any distinctive changes in the vegetation. Something that does not require a bachelor degree but simple observation.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

You'll have to be clearer. What type of change?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by tristar

You'll have to be clearer. What type of change?

Vegetation, People acting irrational, Birds not migrating to previous mating environments.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Also wanted to ask, if anyone who is up north of Canada, have they seen any distinctive changes in the vegetation. Something that does not require a bachelor degree but simple observation.

Halfway up in Saskatchewan. This year has had so much rain, everything is sooooo green and the weeds are 5 feet tall. Healthy though, too healthy.

I have noticed mosquitoes are bigger, and more aggressive than usual too.

Birds are healthy and good, when they're not getting knocked out of the sky by the rain and wind.

Don't know about the east coast though. You need someone from Newfoundland for that, and I can't understand a word they say

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

My friend was recently in Churchill Mb and said the vegetation has spread to a noticible degree due to the longer summers and shorter winters. He was up there 10 years ago for work and now says there is plants where none used to be.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
hmm...seems to be similar incidents from Southern Europe and Northern Europe.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Sorry to go off topic here but I'm impressed. This have been the most civil discussion I've seen here..... EVER. By and large. THIS is what ATS is about. I'm proud to be part of this. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

My fiance is a born Canadian. She has dual citizenship. I just get tired of the American bashing. All country's have good people its the damn governments that are the corrupted.

I actually spend alot time defending the USA to friends and family. Do I like everything american? Hell no and nor do I like everything canadian. To me it all comes down to being tied at the hip. If the US ever fell, militarily speaking, Canada would fall with it. Probably more important though is the fact there really isn't that much difference between us culturally. Can anyone say there is another culture in the world more similar to the US than Canada and vice versa?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

I can see what you're saying but I don't think it's accurate. Yes we have become "Americanized" to a certain extent but we are no more American than we are British. America was like a child birthed on it's own. We waited until the contractions birthed us. It's pretty sweet if you think about it. We can see America's point of view but we can also relate to the Mother country.

Translators needed. Only Canadians apply please.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

I can see what you're saying but I don't think it's accurate. Yes we have become "Americanized" to a certain extent but we are no more American than we are British. America was like a child birthed on it's own. We waited until the contractions birthed us. It's pretty sweet if you think about it. We can see America's point of view but we can also relate to the Mother country.

Translators needed. Only Canadians apply please.

I'm speaking generaly. We speak the same language, watch the same TV, share the same sports and so on and so on. We are each unique but so so similar.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join