It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-gay homophobes - what country would you choose?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Schrödinger

Ditto,
Stop flauting your heterosexism, sexual orientation and politics in public.
Yikes...

(Sorry, respect - but that phrasing was asking for it!)

[edit on 9-8-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by humbleseeker
Annie God hates sin and homosexuality is sin.

Well, if God made man in his own image, and humans are somewhere between 1% and 5% homosexual, doesn't that mean God is a bit queer as well?

Or are you going to pin that one on the devil, as usual?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Now, I am not flaunting my sexual, political or religious orientation in public!

There are people that do it, but 2 wrongs does not make 1 right!

Instead of taking offense, try and understand where I am coming from!
I live in the country with the highest equality and smallest social and economical difference, to top this, we are also the happiest country in the world, and have a very high national coherence. These are all connected, but we are now starting to see the less fortunate sides of this openness. Our values are being attacked from all sides!

We are starting to discriminate the majority, because different minorities wants special treatment.

As stated many times, I do not care what your sexual, political or religious orientation is; just don't stuff it down my throats, this is not solely aimed at homosexuals, it is aimed at anyone; insisting on others take a stance, and accept their way.
You cannot demand acceptance and approval, you can only demand your right to practice whatever* you want, in the privacy of your home. (*whatever, is of course anything that isn't a violation of the law)

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric

Well, if God made man in his own image, and humans are somewhere between 1% and 5% homosexual, doesn't that mean God is a bit queer as well?

LOL

God must be bi-sexual.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric

It is a common belief by many religious people that god for some reason have a gender. I agree that we are created in his image, and by that I mean we have the same potential as god, and that potential is unconditional love.
Love knows no gender!

But homosexuality is sexual attraction, and that is not love!
This does not mean, that they are mutual exclusive of course!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Well,I personally believe all people are born naturally bi-sexual.Religion and society makes them choose to be hetro-sexual to be excepted in the society.

There have even been hundreds of thousands of homosexual and bi-men and women who have served and even retired from the military.

Some at even the highest pay grades of both enlisted and officer ranks.

In the Navy the rating that has been awarded the most Medals of Honor for valor in war time is the Hospitalman Corpsman.

This is also known as the rating which had a number of men and omen who were discreetly living a homosexual life style.

All Navy Hospitals and clinics have a Hall of Valor with these peoples pictures hanging on the wall.

There is surely a number of Gay men within that group.

I really don't care if a person is gay or not.

I even am satisfied with then getting married.

They should enjoy the misery of going through divorce just like the rest of society.

I personally think being heterosexual or homosexual is very archaic behavior.

Living a bi-sexual lifestyle is the best of both worlds.

It doubles your chances of getting laid on the weekend!

Always worked for me.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

That doesn't mean im homophobic in the slightest, i find it equally revolting to see a 450lb whale of a woman in a bikini ...sorry if my natural reactions kick in when seeing such things. Doesn't mean im a bad person.
reply to post by Solomons

Despite the misogyny, I guess Iran might not be your thing.
Walmart, perhaps?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

I don't believe that for a second, the majority of people are always attracted to one sex or the other. The only time they may have sexual contact with someone of the same sex is maybe when very young, and even then it is more to do with curiosity than sex and is very natural for young kids to experience. Oh and i do believe some people are really bisexual, but i don't believe 'everyone' is and then end up choosing one or the other in the end.

Halfoldman, your just talking nonsense now, start making sense and i may take you more seriously, seems you want to pick anything and start a fight over it...

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Star for you sir, I completely agree with everything you just wrote!

They have always existed (bi-sexuals) and I also believe that we are naturally created bi-sexuals, I do not practice this myself, I live a monogamous heterosexual life, but that is simply a choice. It is the accepted norm, as you say.

I can also understand where the homosexuals come from, because they have been ridiculed and discriminated for many years. But what we are starting to see, is the opposite, homosexuals ridiculing and discriminating heterosexuals, just as we are seeing atheist today discriminating and ridiculing people who are religious.

I guess, when the oppressed is freed, "he" automatically assumes the position of the oppressor.

EDIT: Typo

EDIT: LoL it wasn't a typo

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Schrödinger]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Yes - I believe in the sliding scale.

I would not say all are bi-sexual in nature - - but I would say most.

Yes - society "man" & religion "man" is trying to control nature.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Heliocentric

Good question.
And where is Mrs God, or Mrs Christ, or Mrs any of the apostles?
And why Adam first?
Sounds a bit "Rocky Horror Genesis Show", doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Your question assumes there is a condition known as homophobic, which there is not. Please show me any psychological study that identifies anyone as homophobic.

Homophobic is a term made up by the gay movement to denigrate the opposition.

I might just as well say they are heterophobic. However, if I did, I would be subjected to their ridicule and would be labeled a hater, whether I hated them or not.

There are some nice pics and interviews on people in Iran. I wouldn't assume they are significantly different from the people in the US. I would live there, it's a nice place with nice people.

Does your question imply you are Iranophobic?

I also encourage you to read this: conservativecolloquium.wordpress.com... om-list-of-disorders/

[edit on 8/9/2010 by Jim Scott]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You nailed it there!

It is a sliding scale, and I believe the slider goes from (more) testosterone to (more) estrogen!

The more testosterone, the more you slide towards the active (aggressive) and the more estrogen, the more you slide towards the passive (peaceful)

Now in modern society it is not this simple, because we are stuffed with hormones and polluted with heavy metals and much much more, which I believe #s us up!

I also believe that homosexuals have a place in the family! And we have always had them, and a use for them in our old family structure. It has just become a problem in todays egoistical society, where everything is about consumption! And a family is dependent on 2 incomes to sustain themselves! Where we send our old ones to nursing homes, and our children to daycare etc.
This is undermining our way of life!

Sorry for derailing this. Just ignore the jabber !

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

I don't believe that for a second, the majority of people are always attracted to one sex or the other.

How would you really know?

Our puritan society -- has judged and ruled -- with out freedom.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

reply to post by Heliocentric

Good question.
And where is Mrs God, or Mrs Christ, or Mrs any of the apostles?
And why Adam first?
Sounds a bit "Rocky Horror Genesis Show", doesn't it?

Mrs God would be the moon if Mr God is the sun. Mrs Christ is Mary Magdalene, the apostles are just the zodiacs. Just like the 12 children that founded Israel is!
Adam was "created" first, as light where created before darkness. It does not mean that Male is above Female, it is just the way things are. Like the chicken and the egg, the egg was created before the chicken. That does not make the egg above the chicken.

But looking at it logical the female would be created first, as we are all females in the beginning, and then males lose a part of one of the X chromosomes, so it becomes a Y! This causes us to produce more testosterone, which converts our clitoris into a penis! (and causes the rest of the differences we for some reason are extremely focused on)

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

I don't believe that for a second, the majority of people are always attracted to one sex or the other. The only time they may have sexual contact with someone of the same sex is maybe when very young, and even then it is more to do with curiosity than sex and is very natural for young kids to experience. Oh and i do believe some people are really bisexual, but i don't believe 'everyone' is and then end up choosing one or the other in the end.

Halfoldman, your just talking nonsense now, start making sense and i may take you more seriously, seems you want to pick anything and start a fight over it...

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Solomons]

Well please be more concise, and tell me what your gripe is with any particular statement that I made.
I do agree with you on bisexuality, although from my own vantage point I'm very much on the totally gay side of the Kinsey scale.
The last I really checked I had to reply to some unfortunate hetero male who argued that his homophobia was labelled "repressed homosexuality".
While "reaction formation" is a big part of violent homophobia, I think it's incorrect to label all homophobes as "repressed gays". In the 1970s activists in Britain pointed out: that's like saying all Paki-bashers are repressed Pakistanis!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
And why Adam first?

Because alphabetically, "Adam" comes before "Eve".

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Of course there is a condition known as homophobic.
Don't be silly!
Homophobia is not however always apposite to gay issues.
Men in Western cultures are phobic about touching certain body parts of the same sex. Shoulders (not so phobic), kiss (phobic - unless you're Italian), buttocks (phobic), thighs (phobic), hands/arms (acceptable).
So there is a cultural study on it beyond gay issues.
And yes, there are straight men who are heterophobic (usually the Madonna complex) and require therapy. It's really not funny.
And yes, ordinary Muslims have become targets of social phobias.
So far it is not specific to Iran (or whatever other country where the population is demonized in the US) - but "Islamophobia" is already a long accepted term.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
Well,I personally believe all people are born naturally bi-sexual.Religion and society makes them choose to be hetro-sexual to be excepted in the society.

There have even been hundreds of thousands of homosexual and bi-men and women who have served and even retired from the military.

Some at even the highest pay grades of both enlisted and officer ranks.

In the Navy the rating that has been awarded the most Medals of Honor for valor in war time is the Hospitalman Corpsman.

This is also known as the rating which had a number of men and omen who were discreetly living a homosexual life style.

All Navy Hospitals and clinics have a Hall of Valor with these peoples pictures hanging on the wall.

There is surely a number of Gay men within that group.

I really don't care if a person is gay or not.

I even am satisfied with then getting married.

They should enjoy the misery of going through divorce just like the rest of society.

I personally think being heterosexual or homosexual is very archaic behavior.

Living a bi-sexual lifestyle is the best of both worlds.

It doubles your chances of getting laid on the weekend!

Always worked for me.

Here we go again. Why is it you gays and bisexuals always try to tell us we are gay or bisexual? is it just you trying to justify your lifestyle? "oh its alright...everyones like me". This is what piss's me off about you bisexuals. always trying to tell me im like you....IM NOT. i dont find men sexually attractive. quit pushing that bull dung down our throats!

You are 5-10% of the population. Get over it. quit trying to convince everyone that they are bisexual. IM TIRED OF IT.

Quit bringing up that 'spectrum' bullcrap too. I can look at a man and think he is attractive. that does not mean i want to have sexual intercourse with him.

This is what i mean with 'normalizing'. Its not enough for you to be moderately accepted. You are gonna get marriage now probably....but now you are trying to convince us we are all bisexual!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Nofoolishness]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Yes - I believe in the sliding scale.

I would not say all are bi-sexual in nature - - but I would say most.

Yes - society "man" & religion "man" is trying to control nature.

So you have finally come out of the closet annee? I always knew there was a reason you were so pro LGBT....because your one of them obviously. Sorry annee but there is no scale for me. Just like i bet you there is no scale for the majority either.

I dont know any person who thinks they are bisexual without BEING bisexual.

I dont understand how any of you can say "we are all born bisexual" when proof points to the opposite! How many men do you see looking at two men and finding that attractive? NONE THAT I KNOW.

Know what i think. I think you guys are rationalizing to make it easier to accept yourself. The is comfort in numbers. Thats why hen people come out of the closet(like you annee) they are always told to find other gay people. Thats why there is cities with a large gay population. Gay people flock there to be with people just like them. You dont want to feel alone or isolated. Humanity has a natural urge to be with people of the same ideals and thoughts.

Thats what you guys are doing. You guys are rationalizing your bisexuality by telling yourself EVERYONE is bisexual to feel normal and not a minority.

It does not matter if there is no proof to back up your claims. You will blame it on christianity or some other thing that 'repressed us'. What ever justification you like!

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Nofoolishness]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join