It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-gay homophobes - what country would you choose?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unst0ppable0ne
I am of the belief that homosexuality can be induced into people if they are exposed to it at a young age, and it is taught as being acceptable.

If homosexuality is taught as being acceptable then this will not create any mental reasons to avoid it. Much like if evil was taught to be acceptable, children will not have a reason to not be evil.
[edit on 9-8-2010 by Unst0ppable0ne]

Gay does not equal Evil...ugly example.

Gayness can not be taught, it is a physical disposition, just like heterosexuality.

Do heterosexual teenage boys lust after women and girls because they were taught to at a young age? How dumb is that? Do you plan on reading Penthouse to your newborn son to educate him on how to be heterosexual?

What can be taught is intolerance, fear and hate.

How very sad you are about to be a dad.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Seeing as you "KNOW" there is a "gay agenda", how about you sum it up for me?

On top of the AIDS funding issue I just mentioned, can we point out the gay marriage initiatives around the country?

Can you be any more disingenuous? Giving you the benefit of the doubt here with that, since I know you couldn't have posted that out of naivety.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Annee

Give it a rest.

Sorry - - didn't mean YOU to Give it a Rest.

Meant - the poster your post was addressed to.

Every single person wants what is best for their specific needs. There is nothing wrong with any of them campaigning - making noise - soliciting politicians - - or even entering politics themselves.

They all do it for "their" agenda.

I'm tired of hearing gays want "Special" rights - - when all they want is Equal Rights.

*** I post in threads about Equal Rights. You will also find me in threads about Feminism and women's rights. And Freedom from Religion rights. I've done the Conspiracy stuff - - having been an Art Bell fan for many years. That stuff bores me now. It just goes around and around. At least gays getting Right of Marriage will have an actual end result. There you go.

*** Oh - and I am currently stuck in front of this computer - because I can't do much else. I had dental surgery - am still on meds and anti-biotics. Kind of sucks.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Annee]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You'll love this for an example of a gay political agenda. The huge hue and cry for perpetual increases in AIDS research funding, when cancer kills far more people and except for some lung cancers, many are genetic rather than lifestyle induced diseases.

Nothing wrong with asking for research money, of course, but let's keep it in perspective.

funding for AIDS vs. cancer

According to the National Cancer Institute, which operates under the U.S. National Institutes of Health, our federal government funded cancer research in 2006 to the tune of 4.79 billion dollars. Nice, huh? Unless you consider this little nugget of information….
According to the Henry J. Kaiser Foundation’s website our federal government funded AIDS research in 2006 to the much sweeter tune of – get this – 21 BILLION dollars.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by centurion1211]

Cancer kills about 7.5 Million people per year..

It is estimated that 33.5 Million people are living with aids.

And it is a contagious disease as opposed to cancer.

That said, the 4.79B number was lifted from here from just the NCI..

NCI’s budget for FY 2009 was $4.97 billion

www.cancer.gov...

What was ommited was the following passage on the same page...

Do other Federal Government agencies fund cancer research?
Yes. Other Federal Government agencies, including other NIH Institutes and Centers, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Department of Defense, fund cancer research. In addition, state and local governments, voluntary organizations, private institutions, and corporations also spend substantial amounts of money on cancer-related research

CDC on Cancer? add 306 Million
www.cdc.gov...
DOD on Cancer? add 240 Million
www.defencetalk.com...

etc. etc.

The current (As opposed to the 2006 Bush iniative to cure aids) is 2.9 Billion annually. Much LESS than cancer research.

George Bush tried to rid the world of Aids, one of the few great things he endeavored to do, and you call it a "gay agenda" item.

George Bush's AIDS-fighting legacy
media.www.vanderbiltorbis.com...

So besides a Bush Iniative back in 2006, comparing screwy numbers out of context, what else is on the "gay agenda" in your world?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

AIDS is also an infectious Social disease that crosses ALL boundaries.

As far as I know Cancer is not contagious.

Wouldn't you say a deadly infectious disease would take priority?

(I've read there are new strains of AIDS that can be caught from a sneeze).

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Seeing as you "KNOW" there is a "gay agenda", how about you sum it up for me?

On top of the AIDS funding issue I just mentioned, can we point out the gay marriage initiatives around the country?

Seeing as I just showed the whole Aids funding thing to be a bogus distortion of numbers...we can return to the whole gay marriage point and I will direct you to my initial post...

Americans asking for thier civil liberties to be protected as guaranteed by the constitution is not a "gay agenda".

To call it the same is nothing more than homophobic rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Agreed..I mentioned it in my post.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

reply to post by maybereal11

AIDS is also an infectious Social disease that crosses ALL boundaries.

However, even if you catch AIDS from a blood transfusion, the source can ultimately be traced back to ... you guessed it. Which makes it a social disease.

As far as I know Cancer is not contagious.

Wouldn't you say a deadly infectious disease would take priority?

(I've read there are new strains of AIDS that can be caught from a sneeze).

No, it would be much more fair to patients and their families to put an emphasis on the disease causing the most death and suffering - cancer.

Really a no-brainer if you even think about it at all.

And I submit that only those with their own agenda would not see it for themselves.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Agreed..I mentioned it in my post.

Sorry - I am having a bit of trouble reading because of the meds.

My focus is a bit blurry.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

No, it would be much more fair to patients and their families to put an emphasis on the disease causing the most death and suffering - cancer.

My 36 year old son in law died of Leukemia - leaving a son less then a month old.

So if emotions were my guiding factor I would agree with you.

I don't. Logic would tell me to go with any social/contagious disease.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Also of interest..

How people become infected with HIV

Globally, around 11% of HIV infections are among babies who acquire the virus from their mothers;
10% result from injecting drug use;
5-10% are due to sex between men;
and 5-10% occur in healthcare settings.
Sex between men and women accounts for the remaining proportion – around two thirds of new infections.

www.avert.org...

Hey Centurian...If Heterosexual sex accounts for 2/3 of infections I am unclear as to how you see efforts to eradicate AIDS as a "gay agenda" item?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

How sad. How unbelievably sad.

There are so many normal gay children who have been persecuted and/or abandoned by ignorant parents.

Most can handle the outside world - - if they have family support.

The sad truth....

Being gay should be looked at as a mental flaw. Abandoning children with mental flaws is not moral in this day and age. However, it happens in nature all the time, and is natural.

For instance, some birds abandon their young when they are found to be defective. Some will push them out of the nest to their death if they don't seem to be developing as fast as their siblings, or if they feel the something is wrong. I believe this is a trait passed genetically, like natural selection in a way.

The reason I see homosexuality as a mental flaw, is because humans should be naturally attracted to the opposite sex. This natural attraction to the opposite sex has been passed down from generation to generation genetically. Anyone not possesing this genetic trait is flawed.

Attraction and romance is a chemical reaction triggered by your mind. It should naturally be triggered by the oppiste sex. If it is triggered by the same sex, than you have a mental issue, and your condition should be treated as one. It should NOT be encouraged. It should be treated.

I would never abandon my child even if it did have mental flaws. I would do the best I could to help him/her. But I do understand why some would abandon their child.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Also of interest..

How people become infected with HIV

Globally, around 11% of HIV infections are among babies who acquire the virus from their mothers;
10% result from injecting drug use;
5-10% are due to sex between men;
and 5-10% occur in healthcare settings.
Sex between men and women accounts for the remaining proportion – around two thirds of new infections.

www.avert.org...

Hey Centurian...If Heterosexual sex accounts for 2/3 of infections I am unclear as to how you see efforts to eradicate AIDS as a "gay agenda" item?

Hey "real".

Investigate the term "original source" of the virus. You know, the so-called "patient 0" for each case.

How did the drug user get the virus? How did it get in the blood supply? How did it get into a hospital setting? How did the mother get the virus before giving it to her child? The trail ultimately points in one direction, no matter how much you wish it not to be the truth.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

It is my belief that it says this, " Love your fellow man but it doesn't say we have to accept homosexualality.' We are taught it is wrong and therefore do not have to give into your homosexual needs and desires. It's that simple. You said your self that this is a christian society so when are gays going to start acting like it?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The sad truth....

Being gay should be looked at as a mental flaw. Abandoning children with mental flaws is not moral in this day and age. However, it happens in nature all the time, and is natural.

Do not address me. You disgust me.

People are People.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Hey "real".

Investigate the term "original source" of the virus. You know, the so-called "patient 0" for each case.

Original source? Well - that truly shows your prejudice right there.

What does the original source have to do with the spread of this disease?

That is the most pathetic thing I think I have ever read on ATS.

It take back the apology I made to you. You do not deserve it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

How sad. How unbelievably sad.

There are so many normal gay children who have been persecuted and/or abandoned by ignorant parents.

Most can handle the outside world - - if they have family support.

The sad truth....

You put to much weight in "nature". If nature got it right every time people like yourself would not be capable of reproducing.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Gay does not equal Evil...ugly example.

I never said gay equals evil. Don't jump to conclusions.

I was simply comparing the mental process invovled in learning about good and evil and gay and straight.

If you raised a child from day one to think evil is good, then this shapes his thoughts and opinions about evil as he grows up.

Same with homosexuality. If you raised a child to think homosexuality is good, then this shapes his thoughts and opinions. Yes, IT DOES EFFECT HIS MENTAL CHEMICAL REACTIONS.

It is a proven fact that raising a child around something makes an impression on them.

For example, I was raised up around music, and my father was a drummer. Over the years, I have come to love drumming, and I am too now a drummer, and anything that deals with drumming triggers a mental stimulation, and I can proudly say I love drumming.

This is not genetic either... There are parents who are not musically talented or into music at all, yet they forced their child to play the piano, and made their entire life surround the piano, and the child grows up to love the piano and is then an expert at it. Anything piano related will then stimulate the mind of said child, and the child loves it.

Gayness can not be taught, it is a physical disposition, just like heterosexuality.

YES it CAN be taught. I can prove it can. You can't prove it can't. It's all mental... not physical. My examples above are the beginning stages of understanding this.

Do heterosexual teenage boys lust after women and girls because they were taught to at a young age?

YES. They were subconsciously taught by growing up around their parents who love each other. They were subconsciously taught by the men and women they saw kissing each other. They are subconsciously taught by seeing animals and wildlife in couples. When they are taught about mating, they learn it. All of this effects their mental processes and their thoughts.

There is also genetic knowledge. All things are born with a type of genetic knowledge. They seem to just "know" how to react to certain things before they know anything at all. It's all mental... and all of it can be effected and changed later in life, and sometimes during conception.

How dumb is that?

Not dumb at all. What is really dumb is not understanding the effects of the environment on the mind. It's called adaptation. Your environment effects your mind and your thoughts, and that effects your desires and preferences.

You should know this by watching advertisers take advantage of you. They make people want thier products by placing their ads in your environment, and creating situations that subconsciouly make you attracted to their products. This is made possible because of the way the mind works, and it works this way from birth...

Do you plan on reading Penthouse to your newborn son to educate him on how to be heterosexual?

No, but I plan on raising my children in a heterosexual home. I will show them the love I have for my future wife, and how male and female are meant to be together. I will show him how the world works and how life is created via a male and female. This will subconsciously effect my children and they will hopefully grow up to to be like their mother and father.

What can be taught is intolerance, fear and hate.

Now you are being selective of what can or can't be "taught". Why is teaching fear and hate any different than teaching hetero or homosexual behavior? They both invovle subjecting the student to a certain enviorment, and they both effect the mental process in the end. There is no difference.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Unst0ppable0ne]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I never said it was right to abandon children for any reason.

You disgust me because you don't know how to read, and you can't discuss this like adults. If you keep jumping to conclusions and judgement like you did, you are in for a hellish life.

You put to much weight in "nature". If nature got it right every time people like yourself would not be capable of reproducing.

What on Earth are you talking about. All I said is that abandoning children because of their flaws is a natural reaction. I never said it was right, infact I said it wasn't moral. I am not putting any weight in nature, I am just telling about genetically inherited responses to certain situations.

For example, if fire touches your skin, you genetically inherited a reaction to pull away when you feel the pain from the heat.

That same genetically inherited reaction to pain is exactly like the genetically inherited reaction to abandon a child that is homosexual (flawed).

I never said it was right. I just said it was natural.

Yes nature gets things wrong, not everyone is born perfect. Many people are born with flaws.

Your insult of saying "people like myself would not reproduce" is actually freaking hilarious and completely idiotic. Thanks for trying to be clever and failing, you made my day.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Do you plan on reading Penthouse to your newborn son to educate him on how to be heterosexual?

No, but I plan on raising my children in a heterosexual home. I will show them the love I have for my future wife, and how male and female are meant to be together. I will show him how the world works and how life is created via a male and female. This will subconsciously effect my children and they will hopefully grow up to to be like their mother and father.

Uhhh...I am trying hard not to call you stupid outright.

You do realize that the vast majority of homosexuals were born to your typical mother and father that demonstrated a loving relationship...at the very least as much as parents of heterosexual children?

The idea that homosexuals are the result of some failure of education or demonstratitve love by the parents...well I can't get around it...that is the stupidest thing that has been said on this thread so far...and that is saying a lot!.

You can't "Teach" straight or gay.

You can teach an appreciation of percussion instruments.

Unconditional love is what all children demand to grow up functional.

If you are incapable of that, then please don't have kids lest you raise one more broken psuedo-sociopath for the world.

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join