It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-gay homophobes - what country would you choose?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yes that is easy to say that man created the myth of God. As far back as recorded history there has been some kind of recorded God. So either God realy exist or the belief in God is part of our DNA makeup. I am sure at somepoint you have wondered if there was a God. Or maybe you have been through some things and have been treated wrongly by those who call themselves christian. I am no perfect man Ill never claim to be some great Christian, I am just going by what the book tells me. I am just as bad as commiting homosexuality I have many vices that I know God looks on with sadness. I dont think that God makes rules to keep us inline to his beat of the drum I think he makes them so that we can live a fullfilled life. Homosexuality goes against the nature of what a man and a woman are suppose to be to each other. Being a thief, a liar, and a drunk is the same thing. Those lifestyles are not healthy for you. I lie but dont practice lying, I have gotten drun but dont practice ove drinking. I believe that is the difference. Being gay is a lifestyle to those who practice it and doing so keeps them in a revolving sinfull state of being. I dont hate gays I hate the act of homosexuality.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by humbleseeker

Your God may have made many things - a man-toy called Adam, lone prophets in the desert, Majestic polygamists and single, hippie Messiahs: but where did He make or command whatever you are on about?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Read your bible, if you dont have one pick one up. Its good reading if anything else.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by humbleseeker
reply to post by Annee

I am just going by what the book tells me. Homosexuality goes against the nature of what a man and a woman are suppose to be to each other.

The book was written by man.

Leprosy was once thought to be "of the devil" or "punishment from god".

There are birth differences. Red hair - green yes - straight hair - muscular build - etc.

There are physical anomalies: like Down Syndrome.

Even if attraction to same sex is a birth anomaly - - there is ZERO reason for them not to live a normal life - - just as straight people do. And that includes sex & life long commitments by legal contract - marriage.

Evils of red hair: That red hair or beard would be thought fitting for Judas is borne out by the ancient and continuous aversion to red hair and ruddy skin. The age-old dislike of red hair is testified to as early as ancient Egypt, associated with the evil god Seth, known to the Greeks as Typhon. A disdain for red hair in the Greco-Roman world is displayed in the red-headedness and red wigs designated for the figure of the slave in the comedies.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by humbleseeker

Have you read it?
Or are you reading the same four parts over and over...?
It does have 66 books and 40 known authors.
But who am I to judge?
You may have personal reasons to say what you do.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'm not afraid of homosexuals, but I am afraid for any children near them. Also I'm afraid of living by consent in a land filled with immorality, sorcery, adultery, greed, lies, murders, dogs living with cats etc. There is a God who judges such behavior and He is Excellent at His job. Lot's of special effects, fire, brimstone, hail. Standby, it's gonna be Old School.

It's a good time for us all to repent whatever the issue. Maybe an Eternity in the Lake of Fire can be avoided.
jus' sayin'

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schrödinger
I am not homophobic nor am I anti-gay!

But I am personally tired of homosexuals and their quest for special treatment!

I am tired of homosexuals wearing their sexual orientation on the outside of their clothes!

Its always; Hi my name is John, and I am homosexual!

Why do I care? Why do I need to know that?

I never present myself with: Hi my names is Anders, and I am a heterosexual!

Now this is not stereotyping, I have only ever met 1 homosexual that didn't present himself in such a way! I learned about his homosexuality later on!

Where am I going with this rant?

Don't know, but it was nice to get it out in the open.

Eh Australia is probably the way to go.

But yes ... If you're referring to rainbow patches etc ... Do you know how hard it is to get a date in a predominantly Christian town without offending someone without a rainbow patch?

And what if I don't like gay bars?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Throw away the term 'homophobe'. That is just a term made up to supress opposition. It was a term to shut up critics. It is a term made up to denigrate all who dont condone homosexuality in general. It is a term made up to make NORMAL people back down for not thinking homosexuality is perfectly normal.

examples.

Gay marriage-dont agree with it? Homophobe.

Gay being taught as normal in schools- Dont want it? Homophobe.

Hate crime laws and special laws for homosexuality- Homophobe thats obviously on the level of the people who killed mathew shepard.

I could go on...but you get the gist. Homophobe/homophobia is just a term used to shut you up and to keep you from speaking out. It is perfectly normal to be disgusted by homosexuality. I dont know about you....but i dont think two guys OR chicks making out and bumping uglies is attractive. it in fact turns my stomache.

Its a term to in fact make homosexuality commen place and accepted. Its essentially a tool used to stop people from speaking there mind or opposing the normalization of homosexuality in general.

Its a junk term used by gays and there supporters to shut you up. DONT FALL FOR IT. Soon it will mean nothing,just as being called a racis does.

In fact...if you are called a homophobe by someone...rejoice. For you have won that argument/debate. For only people who cant debate or handle your opinions lower themselves to using such a phrase to silence you.

It is in fact PROPAGANDA. To silence you. To make you feel lower then dirt for feeling something thats perfectly natural.DISGUST of homosexuality.

Im a 19 year old male....and i will be honest with you guys that are homosexual. You disgust me. Dont come near me. I dont HATE you Im not AFRAID of you. I just dont want to be near you or even HEAR about you.

I may be opposed to gay marriage itself...but i want to get it all over with. Why? because as soon as its over i wont have to HEAR about you. When its all over i can pretend you dont even EXIST. Well until the yearly pride parade when you go out and gloat about your sexuality while being naked in front of childrens eyes.

You think im a minority? ahahah. Sorry people.....but 99.9% of all heterosexual males may meet you. They may shake hands with you....they may even hold conversation with you. But im telling you....you disgust them.

I know this because i have seen it before.

A friend of mine was a liberal...for gay marriage and everything. I met a well known gay man and lesbian. He acted polite...he even talked with them and laughed. After they were gone and we were in the car. He turned to me and said this "freakin fags and dikes. ugghhh they give me the weebie jeebies". That is the reality.

Homophobe is a term to FORCE and i do mean FORCE you to accept homosexuals and homosexuality.

But you cant FORCE someone to be ANYTHING.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Nofoolishness]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nofoolishness
Throw away the term 'homophobe'. That is just a term made up to supress opposition. It was a term to shut up critics. It is a term made up to denigrate all who dont condone homosexuality in general. It is a term made up to make NORMAL people back down for not thinking homosexuality is perfectly normal.

And Gay used to mean happy.

Words take on their own meanings when out in the real world.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

If I were a homosexual I would definitely pick the US as I am female...no one seems to care about it one bit. If they do they usually rant about it on the internet and don't say anything to you in person.
Major cities or smalls ones. They are all a little open... And most people here mind there own business.
With that being said why do you ask?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Just as I thought my thread was old news, and homophobia had died...
Goodness Gracious!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I have never understood homophobia. One argument I have heard is that it is
often caused by the fear of one's own latent homosexual tendencies.
This is understandable, given the stigma of homosexuality in a Christian
nation. And in a Muslim nation it must be even worse.

Anyway, I think Iraq, Iran...any of the "Stans" would present good living
for homo-haters.

On a side note...I've always thought it would be beneficial to be bi-sexual.
It certainly would increase one's chances of not going home alone
as last call nears. Alas...a man's hairy butt, no matter how well formed
it may be, just doesn't do a thing for me.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
I have never understood homophobia. One argument I have heard is that it is
often caused by the fear of one's own latent homosexual tendencies.
This is understandable, given the stigma of homosexuality in a Christian
nation. And in a Muslim nation it must be even worse.

Anyway, I think Iraq, Iran...any of the "Stans" would present good living
for homo-haters.

On a side note...I've always thought it would be beneficial to be bi-sexual.
It certainly would increase one's chances of not going home alone
as last call nears. Alas...a man's hairy butt, no matter how well formed
it may be, just doesn't do a thing for me.

Exactly. Another aspect of the workd 'homophobe'. You hit the nail on the head. gays use it to silence opponents by pretty much saying this "if your against us...your gay". some reverse psychology bull.

You have no idea how many times i have been told "you are gay" because i dont approve of homosexuality.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Nofoolishness

Actually psychologizing it that way is trying to be nice.
It's trying to find more than just a hateful person.
Don't know how many times I've had people telling me I'm not really gay, or it's just a phase, or: "You haven't met the right girl".
So that cuts both ways.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It is not that simple, it might be advertised in advance! But this is held in a public place, and a very crowded place at that. I actually live near where they hold it, why should I be confined to me home, because some homosexuals wants to walk naked and imitate sex with each other on the open street, in day time?

To be honest, I find it is you that is condemning, narrow-minded and making subtle hints that do not belong on the forums!

For instance, comparing naked homosexuals, parading down the street, with some bloke carrying a cross down the street. Or saying the MYTH of god. That is very ignorant and disrespectful of you to say that!
You state what you think, (read: believe) as fact, when it is not.
There is no disproof of a god, just as their is no proof of a god. (scientific evidence)

I feel like its reversed discrimination, I feel discriminated by the minority tyranny, where we have a ton of different minorities, all claiming to be discriminated and demanding special treatment, that they think is equality.

We have for a long time, been allowing governmental partner registration where I live, for hetero- and homosexuals alike. That was not enough for them, they also wanted to "right" to get a church wedding. Now this is where they step over the line, that is not equality, that is special treatment. Where they force themselves into other peoples belief.

Heck, I could call myself a minority if I wanted, instead I chose to focus on what binds us together! I don't go around crying for special treatment, because I am Asatru or an Anarchist etc.
I keep that to myself, it is private, just like my sexual orientation!

It is Sodoma and Gomorra all over again, we have all kinds of perverts (not talking solely about homosexuality here) demanding their right to express their sexual orientation in public.

We have the same problem with religious fanatics, demanding special treatment over here, and their right to practice their faith in the public space!

It does not belong there in my opinion, it belongs in the privacy of your own home.

Now this post, is put a little on the edge, I have nothing personally against homosexuals as people, or their right to exist freely with me. But their obvious flaunting and wearing of their sexuality outside their clothes, have just become to much for me. Just like I think, and orthodox Jew, or conservative Muslim (with, niqab or burka) is a step in the wrong direction.

I wear my sexual, political and religious orientation on the inside of my clothes, it is not other peoples business.
This is where I stand at the moment.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

Could I ask that only people interested in the topic reply?

Sure you can.. Will anyone listen? Umm *crickets*

The mods will decide in any case whether the topic stays, goes, or is moved. Professional topic/thread-killers - please don't tell me it's been done, or use those sub-troll posts to intimidate me.
All on-topic posts are welcome.

Cheers! Good to know your seal of approval is slickered over the thread
Oh boy, this is a good thread huh, oh boy oh boy oh boy..

I would argue that Enlightenment thinking actually came from the Christian religion, and we owe our Western human rights to Christianity.
If this is not so, then why do we not find post-Enlightenment personal, gender, religious, or gay rights in Muslim countries (for example)?
However, there is a sentiment in Christianity to become prescriptive and fundamentalist.
Exactly what does it prescribe?
Should gays be stoned?
In that case, what is its difference from radical Islam?

Fundamentalists are telling us at once that our sociey is better and more free, but really it should also go back to pre-revolution France.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by halfoldman]

What a complete load of truffles to make a small cake. Are you serial?

Good lord, I've seen better bait at a chinese deli for $1.50 a half pound - small white bait.

You need at least a decent kilo to get me in there buddy...Maybe some occie, or squid - but you're not using the right equipment.

Your lines all screwed and your hooks are funky.. I say boy, I say, you haven't got the fishing gene.. You're baits a flapping but your hooks not catching.. I say..

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Funny how people consider monotheism, enlightened. Now we can debate its truths and so fourth in another thread! But we know for a fact, that when we where forcibly converted to Christianity in my country, we lost a lot of liberties and rights, and with this conversion we where also introduced for the first time absolute monarchy, where titles where inherited instead of given by the community. With the coming of Christianity we also lost one of the worlds first true democracies! The Althing!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Homophobia is being revolted at seeing two gay people kissing etc? How the hell did you come up with that? I am all for equal rights and gay marriage and have no problem with homosexuality, but i do find it revolting to see, makes me wince... i don't get the same unpleasant feeling seeing a heterosexual couple with their tongues down each others throats in public, even if it is inappropriate. That doesn't mean im homophobic in the slightest, i find it equally revolting to see a 450lb whale of a woman in a bikini ...sorry if my natural reactions kick in when seeing such things. Doesn't mean im a bad person.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Schrödinger

Whine Piss Moan

I don't care if its outside your window. This country is known as the melting pot - - and that now expands to what is "normal" for a specific minority group.

Get over it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You are not helping the homosexuals cause, with statements like that, you only serve to divide people instead of uniting them!

You haven't made a single refutation or counterargument, instead you have just chosen to use ad hominem attacks.

I have explained pretty clearly where my objections are.

Stop flaunting your political, religious and sexual orientation in public!
It belongs inside the four walls of your private home!

While I agree, that we have way more social equality and rights for minorities over here, we are now starting to see the dark side of this!
This is what I call the minority dictatorship or majority discrimination.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join