It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-gay homophobes - what country would you choose?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Nofoolishness

You make some fair points sir.

You might be right!

I also believe it is a choice! Like you say, I also DO NOT want to have sex with a man! And I haven't seen a single man that sexually aroused me! Nor a goat for that matter!

I will think about this some more

Thank you for your input!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
First I would like the OP's definition of 'homophobe'.
Is it?
People who don't like the idea much but who tend not to vocalize their opinions?
Those who don't like it and are pretty vocal about it?
Those who actively campaign against it?
Or maybe parents who don't want their school promoting certain sex practices as 'normal' and say so.

I'm asking because these days there seems to be a move to 'demonize' those who dare just to say they are uncomfortable with it and I think we use the term 'homophobe' far too easily.
Freedom of expression swings both ways!

[edit on 9-8-2010 by starchild10]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Well, I must say that judging from a pattern of claims, there are things going on in your country that I don't know or understand.
I hear a lot about billboards, schools and marches through neighborhoods.
Here, in the black townships we are campaigning against outright violence. Gay men having brooms or pool-sticks shoved up their backsides, or "jackrolling" (the slang term for gang raping lesbian women in an attempt to make them straight). Those are just examples of the atrocities that go on, despite our liberal constitution.
I would say the true homophobe actively campaigns against gay people, and makes them feel unwelcome (and makes a point of doing this).
For countries that are homophobic, I'd say the state actively sermonizes against gay people (or even their friends). It threatens to police personal sex between consenting adults, makes threats of violence, and follows it up.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Thanks halfoldman, that clarifies it.
The things you outline are just plain wrong. I am all for live and let live.
I have to say I have been aware of nothing in my neighbourhood. In fact it's been a bit like the opposite. More so if your employer is a local (ie statutory) authority. People can so easily be accused of some phobia or ism. One employer sent round a note saying we were no longer allowed to refer to black binliners. I've seen people of certain ethnic backgrounds or sexuality given preferential treatment - so afraid are local councils of being accused of something.
This of course will inevitably have a backlash.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
I just wonder, the homophobes who demonize homosexuality in Western society, what country that is currently homophobic would they choose to live in?
Zimbabwe, or Iran?
Please be specific about the laws concerning sexual identity, and what type of society you would like.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by halfoldman]

Taking into account your blatant sarcasm and deliberate intention on causing a "morals war" implying that people that are conservative should be compared with the extremes of lack of freedom, having no respect what so ever for people's right to an opinion and freedom of speech, I answer you this:

I wouldnt choose a country to live in. I would stay and drive you out. Now you can think about a country whos all gay friendly and ask yourself the same question: What country that is currently "oh-so-gay" would you choose to live in?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by halfoldman

Could I ask that only people interested in the topic reply?
The mods will decide in any case whether the topic stays, goes, or is moved.
Professional topic/thread-killers - please don't tell me it's been done, or use those sub-troll posts to intimidate me.
All on-topic posts are welcome.[edit on 8-8-2010 by halfoldman]

First you declare in your OP that anyone that has issues with the gay agenda is a "homophobe". False. Recall that the word homophobe means fear of gays. Anyone can dislike something without being afraid of it. Example: I may dislike the look, smell and taste of liver, but I am NOT a "liver-o-phobe" - afraid of it, OR anyone else that does.

Then in the post above you make a second attempt to demonize anyone that would disagree with your point of view. I guess by "on topic" you mean only those that agree with you are allowed to post here?

This is generally not how it's done here on ATS.

IMO the homophobe card is being played way too often as a demonization tool against those that simply do not agree - just like the race card. Where is YOUR tolerance?

Remember deny ignorance? To that I often add deny hypocrisy.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nofoolishness

So you have finally come out of the closet annee? I always knew there was a reason you were so pro LGBT....because your one of them obviously. Sorry annee but there is no scale for me. Just like i bet you there is no scale for the majority either.

I dont know any person who thinks they are bisexual without BEING bisexual.

I dont understand how any of you can say "we are all born bisexual" when proof points to the opposite! How many men do you see looking at two men and finding that attractive? NONE THAT I KNOW.

Sorry to disappoint you. I am pro LGBT because I worked several years for a company who's employees were predominately LGBT. I was the minority being straight. They were free to be themselves - unlike the "token" gay working among straights.

I learned a lot. Mostly that "People are People". Gays are NOT a group think. They are not even a group think on gays. They were very diverse in their opinions. They were actually very critical of each other.

Some gays are horrified by the overt sexual displays of other gays. Some gays really hate this stereotype on public display such as the gay parades. But I don't really see any major difference between a once a year "gay display" and Mardi Gras - - - except in people's minds.

I believe having been forced to the fringe of society - - they had to create their own sub-culture. But the more they are allowed to "just be" living normal among regular society - - the outlandishness will subside quite a bit. At least in public displays.

More and more LGBT are (in my opinion) wanting to settle down into regular family living. Because now they can. Marriage will help them become more main stream.

---------------------------------------

As far as me being bi-sexual. How do you define sexual? Is sexual just a physical act? Or is it a bonding? A comfortable nurturing feeling?

Honestly - I've never had a bi-sexual experience. I grew up in an all boy neighborhood. Didn't have a girlfriend until I was in junior high. By that time - at least in the late 50s - boy crazy was the only acceptable behavior.

I do think with today's - - more open acceptance - - I would have liked to at least have had a same sex bonding experience.

So I'd say my scale reading is more to the hetero side - - but close enough to the middle I'd consider the experience of bi-sexual.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Annee]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Whats funny about the scale thing is that back in my party days, I think I new of one bi sexual man and he didnt act "3dollar bill gay" Although almost every femal friend had either tried it or possibly would or activly lived a bi sexual life. Whats wierd is since I left the drug and party scene I dont know any more bi sexual females. I wonder if lifestyle has something too do with it?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

First you declare in your OP that anyone that has issues with the gay agenda is a "homophobe". False. Recall that the word homophobe means fear of gays. [edit on 8/9/2010 by centurion1211]

Charachterizing the call for recognition of their civil liberties afforded them in the United States constitution as "the gay agenda"...that makes you a homophobe.

...The idiotic phrase "the gay agenda" is itself designed to inspire fear and obfuscate the issue..

Oh no!! They have an "Agenda!!!" They want to sprinkle fairy dust on us and make us all gay!!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Thats funny fairy dust.
yeah I dont want any of that fairy dust, and wierd cross dressing, flamboyant junk. Its all just too wierd.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by humbleseeker
Whats funny about the scale thing is that back in my party days, I think I new of one bi sexual man and he didnt act "3dollar bill gay" Although almost every femal friend had either tried it or possibly would or activly lived a bi sexual life. Whats wierd is since I left the drug and party scene I dont know any more bi sexual females. I wonder if lifestyle has something too do with it?

I think so.

And most gays are not of the flamboyant type. I thought it was interesting - - how the gays I worked with categorized and labeled other gays.

The gays I worked with said they just wanted a MAN. Not a Boy Toy - Macho - Queen - etc.

It seems primarily the outlandish in your face gays - - are the younger ones - - who as they get older settle down and want a family.

Just like straight youth.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Just a word on homophobia ... My feeling about it ...

If a person's best defense against homosexuality is 'that disgusts me!' then yes, I would consider that person a homophobe.

I don't want to go in depth about my sexuality, but certain acts bring about a natural level of disgust from me. I can't help it, it's how I'm wired. It goes from certain types of people kissing all the way to certain sexual acts.

Generally I can step away from this feeling and make an objective opinion about how I really feel about those acts. Mostly I don't care, and I know I just have an ... don't know the word for it ... it's I don't like looking at the images, but its just I don't like how it looks?

Anyway, it's not a real reason or point for me to dislike the act. I haven't researched it beyond the very basic level of it, and I have no reason to complain.

I know both hetero and homosexuals who have these feelings, and I know that both sides sometimes make mistakes with those feelings. It's just our wiring.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I am of the belief that homosexuality can be induced into people if they are exposed to it at a young age, and it is taught as being acceptable.

If homosexuality is taught as being acceptable then this will not create any mental reasons to avoid it. Much like if evil was taught to be acceptable, children will not have a reason to not be evil.

I DO NOT want my unborn son to grow up in a world were being homo is acceptable. I do not want him to be exposed to male+male marriage. I want him to know that homosexuality is absolutly discusting. You might say "let him choose for himself"... well if you knew anything about how the mind works, you would know it is very impressionable at young ages. If homosexuallity is taught as being acceptable, this will actually effect his "decision". So did he really decide that? Or was it implanted in his mind? I won't lie, I would rather implant heterosexual ideas instead of homosexual ideas, and then let him decide for himself.

I want my son to grow up, and find a wife, and reproduce. Homosexuality is for confused souls, and is a backwards step of human evolution. Not being attracted to the opposite sex is a mental flaw. I do not want the mental flaw to spread, or become acceptable. Much like I do not want psychopaths to be accepted and normal.

I believe homosexuality should be hidden, because it is a discusting disgrace to humanity. It's like illegal drugs, if you want to do it, do it in the dark where no one can see you, and so the chirldren don't grow up thinking it is ok.

Have respect for the children by not forcing discusting homosexual desires into their world.

I choose America. Hopefully people of America will some day realize that homosexuality is a mental flaw and should not be encouraged.

Oh I love freedom of speech.

Go ahead and preach your freedom to be a homo, I'll just barf and teach my future children to mock you.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Unst0ppable0ne]

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Unst0ppable0ne]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Unst0ppable0ne

I think we would get along. I too see it as a serious flaw that if left unchecked will lead down the 'slippery slope'. The acceptance of it is propagated by TPTB because it is a natural population control tool.
What 2 straight consenting adults do in private should be kept in private......how much more so 2 consenting adults that possess this terrible and pitiful flaw.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

How sad. How unbelievably sad.

There are so many normal gay children who have been persecuted and/or abandoned by ignorant parents.

Most can handle the outside world - - if they have family support.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romans 10:9

I think we would get along. I too see it as a serious flaw that if left unchecked will lead down the 'slippery slope'.

Flaw? Birth difference.

We ALL have Birth differences.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

First you declare in your OP that anyone that has issues with the gay agenda is a "homophobe". False. Recall that the word homophobe means fear of gays. [edit on 8/9/2010 by centurion1211]

Charachterizing the call for recognition of their civil liberties afforded them in the United States constitution as "the gay agenda"...that makes you a homophobe.

...The idiotic phrase "the gay agenda" is itself designed to inspire fear and obfuscate the issue..

Oh no!! They have an "Agenda!!!" They want to sprinkle fairy dust on us and make us all gay!!!!

Get a clue!

I lived in the SF Bay Area and worked in the city for 15 years.

I KNOW there is a gay political agenda.

Knowing that hardly makes me or anyone else a "homophobe".

Does name calling also make you a "heterophobe"?

Again, where is YOUR tolerance???? No tolerance makes YOU also a hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Get a clue!

Knowing that hardly makes me or anyone else a "homophobe".

Does name calling also make you a "heterophobe"?

Again, where is YOUR tolerance???? No tolerance makes YOU also a hypocrite.

Like there is a Christian agenda
Like there is a immigrant agenda
Like there is a Hispanic agenda
Like there is a Republican agenda
Like there is a Democrat agenda
Like there is a blah blah blah agenda

Everyone wants to be heard. Everyone wants Equality specific to their needs.

OH But let's single out the gays - - as wanting Special attention.

Give it a rest.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Get a clue!

OK. I'll poke my head into the dumpster of intolerant rhetoric.

Seeing as you "KNOW" there is a "gay agenda", how about you sum it up for me?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Give it a rest.

You first.

You seem to be posting on EVERY gay issues thread on ATS - a regular "Joan of Arc" for the gay perspective

Like to use "straw man" arguments much?

I (and no one else) EVER mentioned the groups you listed in this thread.

You'll love this for an example of a gay political agenda. The huge hue and cry for perpetual increases in AIDS research funding, when cancer kills far more people and except for some lung cancers, many are genetic rather than lifestyle induced diseases.

Nothing wrong with asking for research money, of course, but let's keep it in perspective.

funding for AIDS vs. cancer

According to the National Cancer Institute, which operates under the U.S. National Institutes of Health, our federal government funded cancer research in 2006 to the tune of 4.79 billion dollars. Nice, huh? Unless you consider this little nugget of information….
According to the Henry J. Kaiser Foundation’s website our federal government funded AIDS research in 2006 to the much sweeter tune of – get this – 21 BILLION dollars.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join