It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR: Tea partiers to ‘harass’ Muslims with dogs at anti-mosque protest

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

What, are you not going to go and see what the article is about?

Why we cannot leave Afghanistan?

C'mon, go look at the blatant Islamaphobia that Hillary Clinton is espousing. You can do it.

Getter dun!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

God you just cant let it go, gotta smear poo on everyone to feel equal. Gotta be obama disease, fo shizzel. I'm not dissing ya for not knowing I'm dissing ya for your ignant CROWING!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Hey everyone bashing the Tea Party. Time to really throw your efforts into bashing some blatant Islamaphobia!

Here we go, the COVER OF TIME MAGAZINE!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b471795edc4.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh, one other thing.

Hillary Clinton has stated we will never leave Afghanistan.

Like I said before-Now that the Democrats are in Power "War is good"!

How do I respond to this without breaking the T&C ?

That is the worst propaganda I have ever seen by a magazine.

Ima try to find the article on that. Im really curiuous now.

Here it is- Part of the story- www.huffingtonpost.com...

" Time Magazine is out with a new cover story that attempts to explain "What Happens If We Leave Afghanistan." The piece is accompanied by a powerful portrait of Aisha, an Afghan woman who had her nose and ears cut off by Taliban decree after attempting to escape abusive family members. The intense image sets the scene for the crux of the article's argument -- that the rights of Afghan women would be destroyed by a potential settlement between the U.S. and the Taliban.

As Time's Aryn Baker writes, the U.S looks potentially poised to negotiate with the Taliban in what she calls the "quest for a quick peace." Though this trade-off could provide some semblance of stability in Afghanistan, a condition would presumably set the table for an eventual drawdown of U.S. troops, Baker argues that it would come at a devastating price for the nation's women.

Though such a conclusion does raise a number of concerns about the terms of an American withdrawal, it also seems to overlook a variety of tragic conditions that Afghan women currently face, even with the heavy U.S. military and diplomatic influence in the country. "

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I was editing my post. Her vowing to defend rights equates to never stopping the war in Afghanistan? HIllary aligns CFR...I highly doubt she and her masters want us to stay there.

Where is the link that says this?

And again, how is that cover Islamophobic????????????/

[edit on 7/29/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

It disgusts me that people are going to take this news and spin it negatively on the Tea Party. Have you lost your marbles?

1. The dogs were recommended not as a means of scaring Islamists, but rather of insulting them. Much like if they brought in pigs. The headline makes it appear as if the dogs were there to bark and growl at passing Muslims. Complete nonsense.

2. Just like the guy shouting said as the article states, Islam is not a religion. It is a political system. Muslim is the religion while Islam is the politics.

3. We are talking about a church built near the World Trade Center where a terrorist attack occurred. The church is scheduled to open on 9/11 to celebrate the terrorist "victory" over New York City. Anybody would support this is a monster, not even a human being, and therefore anybody who thinks lowly of the protests that are occurring by the church are almost equally disgusting to me.

Nobody can understand the situation after reading the link in the OP, as well as understanding how the church is all about celebrating terrorism, and then with a straight face say the alleged tea-party protesters are in the wrong. Its not even an opinional matter. Either you are with the Tea Party protesters on this or you are with the terrorists.

We were previously discussing whether the Islamic church should be allowed to open and now apparently its not even okay to protest someone when they are celebrating terrorism. Get a grip people, and stop posting pro-terrorist comments.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by truthquest]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Like I said, maybe you should read the article that the cover is in regards to.

Here, copy and paste this, into your google search bar, Time Magazine.

edit to add-here is a link to the partial article

www.time.com...

Oh, and by the way, Afghanistan and the Taliban are Islamic.

Get the Islamaphobia YET?

[edit on 7/29/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Give me a break. People act as if Mosques in America are a new phenomena. As I said before, when they start trying to push through laws and legislation or policies in favor of Sharia Law, then we worry. So far, there is not one iota of Muslims trying to force their religion in our face. The ONLY people to take away our freedoms as a result of Islam IS OUR OWN GOVERNMENT!!!!

Fight them, not Muslims.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I say Everyone in the area has block BBQs that day
fill the air with roast pig and other delecasies

Who knew that the spot these humans want to build their victory building is the church site where our forefathers asked God to bless this great nation and don't think they (muslies) don't know it;
that site will never know peace if they build a place to worship their pedo.

link   
as far as the time cover goes, looks like michael jacksons own plastic surgeon has gone mooze over there. Pity, it really sucks to be a moozie girl, especially a former cutiepie (but they do spoil so fast there). How does one compete with so many goats and camels?
Leave the problems of other countries within in their own borders and out of our borders, For all the do gooders that think we need to go to the 'stan, go on your own dime and get your own dang throat slit without involving everyone else

link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

It's obvious they didn't ask people to bring their dogs to get them some exercise whey they said "bring your bibles, flags, dogs and singing voices". They squashed the dog in there with all the things they plan on bringing in order to peeve off Muslims.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

A recent series of unsigned emails and anonymous Web postings has called for a protest

There are bad people in any large group. To label the entire group due to the actions of "anonymous" people claiming to be members is tantamount to being Bigot or a Racist.

I know more than a few people who like the Tea Party Movement. They are hard working decent people.

Amazing how the Bigots get so much press while those who do no harm to anyone are ignored.

The DNC is behind this. They are in panic mode for the elections. Have you noticed they have people all over the place calling everyone Racists? Anyone who votes for an Incumbent is out of their flipping minds.

You don't support Obama, your a Racist.

You want the border closed to stop the drugs and human trafficking, your a Racist.

You protest for the government to stop spending our children's money, your a Racist.

You protest for the government to stop giving billions in kickbacks to Unions and Banks, your a Racist.

The Progressives are tearing this country apart with bald faced lies and it sickens me how many fall for it. The Progressives are among the worst Bigot's to ever walk the Earth and they have the nerve to keep lying like this. Now they have recruited a Religion and a People to help them with their lies and hate. How sick is that!

Progressive my butt. These are the most backward people in our society. Liberal my backside. These are the most in your face control freaks to ever walk our streets. By the time Obama gets out of the White House our society will be set back by decades from all this hatred just so some filthy rich Democrats can keep their power to control us. How many of you are aware that Democrats per capita income is now higher than that of the Republicans, who I also have no love for by the way.

What is wrong with people they can't see this? Or is it those who support it are control freaks and bigots themselves. Probably the later.

Blaming millions of people and calling them evil names over anonymous emails. What a bunch of transparently hateful garbage. They should grow a pair and just say, if your not one of us, we hate you and want to control you. That is what they really mean.

[edit on 7/29/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Does the concept of free F%^&kin country mean anything to you?
Now you proclaim we cant take our dogs out? Sorry, I live here and I take my rotts out and anyone that feels I 'm not entitled to can Freek off and diet. Nothing says I wont get attacked by some imperialistic foreigner antiamericans who will claim the reverse, so best to keep them all at a distance.
This'd be the one time I wish I had a pet pig

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Originally posted by whaaa

Case in point: The recent ruling against AZ immigration law. Most commenters claim the judge acted against the constitution, but the constitution includes a supremacy clause that gives Federal laws authority over state laws. The blocked parts of the AZ immigration law were in breach of the constitution.

Not to mention the Judge cited "warrantless arrests" and undue and discriminatory burden requiring those that might be confused for an illegal immigrant to carry papers with them at all times or face detainment.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Do Muslims hate Mongrels or just dogs?

(Note to mods before you slam this as off topic check today's news about Obama's use of the word Mongrel.)

Personally, this is an issue that really annoys me. Hannity has been saying that he doesn't think that they should be allowed to build that mosque which I think is hypocritical for someone who is supposed to be a consitutionalist. I don't think these people represent the Tea Partiers I know, and they certainly don't represent me as a consituational conservative and Tea Party goer since 2007.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Please post the link to the decision that states that.

PLEASE. Yeah right, the law on the 2nd component stated that everyone that was arrested had to go through the verification process. That was one of the parts shot down. But, why bother with the truth.

Just more obfuscation to further an AGENDA.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mordant1
reply to post by nunya13

Does the concept of free F%^&kin country mean anything to you?
Now you proclaim we cant take our dogs out?

No one is saying you can't. It is a free country after all.

IMO intentionally taking your dogs to protest other Americans freedom to express religion..well it makes you an ass and no friend of the constitution.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mordant1

And you would parade that pig in front of the local synagogue as well? Or is your hatred more selective?

And this isn't really an issue about our constitutional rights for freedom of speech or expression, it's more about being stupid and/or just doing the wrong thing, filled with hatred and disdain when others practice THEIR constitutional rights.

Just because you can flip off a cop doesn't mean it's a smart thing to do. Just because you can wear a swastika on your arm doesn't mean it's ok to wear it to a Jewish rally. Just because we're allowed to do certain things doesn't mean we shouldn't use our higher cognitive skills that tell us it's a moronic thing to do.

By all means, take your rottweilers out and walk by them beside that group of people, just don't be offended and don't take it personally if they use their rights to flip you off.

Kharron

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest
1. The dogs were recommended not as a means of scaring Islamists, but rather of insulting them. Much like if they brought in pigs. The headline makes it appear as if the dogs were there to bark and growl at passing Muslims. Complete nonsense.

Could you kindly explain the "insult?"

2. Just like the guy shouting said as the article states, Islam is not a religion. It is a political system. Muslim is the religion while Islam is the politics.

Like Pedophile is a religion and Catholicism is the politics?

3. We are talking about a church built near the World Trade Center where a terrorist attack occurred. The church is scheduled to open on 9/11 to celebrate the terrorist "victory" over New York City.

It is a Mosque, not a church. There is a difference. Who says it is to celebrate the terrorist victory?

Anybody would support this is a monster, not even a human being, and therefore anybody who thinks lowly of the protests that are occurring by the church are almost equally disgusting to me.

I thought anyone supporting this would be supporting the ideals that make America so great, ie freedom of religion. Are you suggesting we stop being a great country out of spite?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

These aren't "anonymous" individuals. We've already proven that this event is directly linked to a local Tea Party organization.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mordant1

Please go back and figure out why I posted what I did. I responding to another poster who said there was no reason to assume they asked people to bring dogs for any nefarious reason. I was disagreeing with him. Chill out.

I never "proclaimed" they can't bring their dogs. If I did, please show me where you got that idea from.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join