It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR: Tea partiers to ‘harass’ Muslims with dogs at anti-mosque protest

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'm going to point out one other thing. There doesn't even seem to be proof of the dogs being called out to harass them. Just CAIR's word. Which is not very good based on past proof. In addition, this seems quite non-violent, of which I am surprised at. But then I remembered it's the tea party and they aren't exactly violent.

As far as my opinion goes, they're not exactly wrong.

It's the fundamental difference between Christianity and Islam. Christianity asks you to follow a very short list of rules which is basically Christ's golden rule, preach, convert others, and live it. How you live your life is your choice. Islam asks you to become the ideal Muslim as described. Jihad within your mind to the line Muhammad drew that all Muslims should follow. It's a whole life style and living method.

In the end, it's individuality versus conformity.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Gorman91]

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
So if cair says it then it must be true
Read the story and all I see is cair making all these claims and we know cair wouldn't lie

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by Digital_Reality

It's obvious they didn't ask people to bring their dogs to get them some exercise whey they said "bring your bibles, flags, dogs and singing voices". They squashed the dog in there with all the things they plan on bringing in order to peeve off Muslims.

I'm still failing to see why it matters if it "peeve off Muslims". Who cares? Anything they bring will peeve off someone. They have the right to whatever they damn well want within the law. Who cares if the Muslims get their whittle fewings hurt? No one is sticking up for Americans anymore. Its all about the poor muslims or the poor illegals and down with the Tea Party and the Americans.

Forget this!

I say if they want to walk pigs on leashes with pork grind necklaces hanging to their knees who cares as long as they don't break the law. People are pissed off and they are exercising their rights within the law. Live with it!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

I'm still failing to see why it matters if it "peeve off Muslims". Who cares? Anything they bring will peeve off someone. They have the right to whatever they damn well want within the law. Who cares if the Muslims get their whittle fewings hurt? No one is sticking up for Americans anymore. Its all about the poor muslims or the poor illegals and down with the Tea Party and the Americans.

Forget this!

Perhaps what's escaped you is the fact that many Muslims are United States citizens, and that the upset about illegal immigration enforcement has more to do with United States citizens who will be mistaken for "suspected illegal immigrants" than it does with supporting an illegal activity.

Perhaps what you mean is "sticking up for white, Christian Americans."

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Sure it's within the law and I have yet to see anyone say differently.

I think the irony that many folks are observing is that the TP is fiercly passionate about constitutional rights....unless it involves people that follow a different faith, then it's "the constitution be damned...those people can't build a church here."

This is a truth to live by...for a people and a country...

" Principles only mean something if you stick by them when they're inconvenient."

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
After reading this postings, and the different websites, along with the points of view, I can only conclude the following:
To all things there is a time and a place, it is as valid of a saying when it was first spoken and written then as it is now. From a point of history, and looking at the reactions of the different people and beliefs from around the world. When a country is involved in a conflict, the group that they are fighting, those who would hold the same belief or look must make sure that they support that country, or else take the chance of enduring the wrath of the general population. If you look at the history of any country, this is very true. During World War II, the Japanese were interned, as they were deemed, though by mistake, as a threat to the general population, the german and italian immigrants kept a very low profile or spoke out every chance they got against Hitler and Moussolini. But lets go forward to today. The majority of the population of the country believes that radical muslim extremist using Islam as an excuse, are causing problems, and right now the country is in a war against them. CAIR has neither endeared itself to the general population or choosen to speak out against such extremist, and at the same time, choosing words that hold very little weight, that will offend no one, that way if the US looses the conflict in Iraq or Afganistan, they can say they did not oppose the victors. The people of the country are descent and have no wish to impede on the religious freedom of any citizens, but I would say that the building of any new Mosque at this time frame, when there are still hostilities going on, when the soldiers that are in the process of being sacraficed on the behalf of a government is not the way to go. I would say that if they wanted accpetance and for it not to be objectionable, then perhaps building a rehabilitation center that all can use, or even a park dedicated to the idea of peace, but leave the philosphy and religion out of such at this time frame. When some of the people who are suspected of organizing strikes against the US started out in the US in this region, the question must be asked, is this going to be another place where the next radical cleric or person who is seeking to wage war of terror against the US will come from?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyElohim

I'm just tired of everyone making the tea party out to be monsters. Its crap!

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Typical American Republicans wanting to yell and stomp their feet for no reason. Here's a website which explains current American ideology perfect.
www.adbusters.org...

Was it ok When the Democrats did Exactly the same type of thing during Bush's reign?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by John Taurus

Seriously...that is some hardcore, backwoods, crazy anti-semite talk.
You are like a character out of a KKK video from the 60's.

And no...that is not a compliment.

Wow........

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyElohim

Forget this!

Perhaps what's escaped you is the fact that many Muslims are United States citizens, and that the upset about illegal immigration enforcement has more to do with United States citizens who will be mistaken for "suspected illegal immigrants" than it does with supporting an illegal activity.

Perhaps what you mean is "sticking up for white, Christian Americans."

It has not escaped me. I know this very well. Many are also NOT Americans.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
To a man, every Tea Party member I have interacted with could have
cared less about Muslims or mosques.

What they wanted was smaller government, less taxes, repeal of the
Patriot Act and our soldiers home.

Does anyone actually KNOW any TPer's who (as my daughter says)
'give a care' about Muslims OR religion?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Ok, I would love to read this thread in it's entirety, but I don't have the time, my kids are "STARVING" lol! However, I did read enough to know that this is a hot topic and very heated discussion is taking place!! I love both of these factors, so FLAG it is!

I would like to touch on a few things here because it is simply my nature.

First, I don't care if the TPM is truly organizing this "protest" or not! Just the simple fact that any adult in today's world would stoop to this level of stereo-typing makes me want to vomit, really!! I personally do not know any Muslim or Islamic people, more a location disadvantage than anything. However, I think it would be extremely stupid, close minded and ignorant to think that "Muslims hate dogs", seriously?!? LMAO!! Grow up! That IS a racist stereo type, period!

Having gotten that bit off my chest; moving on! The Tea Party Movement looked like something I could really get behind, back in '07 when Ron Paul was running and it was an extremely grass-roots movement! (Coincidentally, I lived in AZ at the time) However, at this moment in time, I could never associate myself with something sooooo far out in right field! The more I read and hear about the TPM, the more I want to run screaming like my hair is on fire! It really does seem to me that the Tea Party is a bunch of anglo saxon, Christian (of the Evangelical variety mind you) right... WAY right-wingers who think they honest to Christ own this country and that it was built on "Christian Ideology"!

Now, I was raised in the Church, the Evangelical, Born Again, Spirit Filled, Holy Ghost Anointed Church (maybe there in lies my distaste of the TPM?!), but this is ridiculous!! At this rate, it's no wonder the rest of the world thinks Americans are ignorant, backwords and delusional!

I know I'm really new here and this post is going to earn me some foes, but honestly, when are we going to grow the hell up and realise that "Country Borders" are merely drawn by country folk? We are ALL, every last one of us, human beings, sharing this orb in the Universe!

So, quickly back to topic, the organization, by whom ever and for what ever purpose/agenda, of a doggie parade in front of a house of worship on said specified day of worship, is down right deplorable by any standards!! At least it would be in a perfect world!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

My personal opinion is that it's just tacky to be so vindictive like that. I never said they have no right. I can't stop them from bringing dogs and neither can anyone else, nor should they. While it is entirely appropriate for me to take issue with their decision to bring dogs that was completely beside the point of my response to you.

You were acting as if their desire to bring the dogs was completely innocent when it does not seem to be and I explained why I thought that.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

No one is sticking up for Americans anymore. Its all about the poor muslims or the poor illegals and down with the Tea Party and the Americans.

You do realize that Muslims are Americans too, right? Some of us are Americans sticking up for other Americans so they can place a house of worship where ever they want. That is a matter of a constitutional right. Now, where they chose to put it is only a matter of whether or not it is a good choice.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This is just the Republican party discrediting the "Tea Party" so that the votes won't be split.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

You are Absolutely correct! CAIR and the hard Left are one of the same, and the first things they turn to when they are scared is to demonize their targets with charges of Racism, and a host of other lies. In short when the hard left and CAIR are screaming Racism it means the Tea Party Movement is working, and gaining motion.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
The Council on American-Islamic Relations states

Anonymous postings somewhere at some time at some place. After reading the article, seems to be very obviously missing any links to such sites.

An email that states something that someone said blah blah blah blah.

My turn.

Anonymous posters at a site on the web have proof that Obama is a marxist dictator with plans this fall to shutdown the elections and institute emergency measures to eliminate the congress and supreme court.

Further, an email acquired has shown that all white are to be rounded up and placed in FEMA camps.

Nice work whaaa, can you say RACISTS?

Or is the new buzzword Islamo Racists?

How bout Nazi's?

WOW, thanks for the link to more propaganda with no proof of anything!

OOOPS, the endisnighe was wrong!

[edit on 7/29/2010 by endisnighe]

I thought I should come at your post directly, because it seems that it's a misnomer of what you're saying...

The spokesman of the Tea Party Express, Mark Williams, has spoken out against the mosque being built at Ground Zero.

So, you say no proof? How is this for proof?

Leaders unite to oppose Mark Williams hateful comments about ground zero mosque

The SPOKESMAN of the Tea Party said that facility being built would “consist of a Mosque for the worship of the terrorists’ monkey-god.”

They're racist, endisnighe... The spokesman, who speaks for their entire party, spoke on this, and it shows they're racist...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Who cares if the Muslims get their whittle fewings hurt? No one is sticking up for Americans anymore.

Muslims cannot be American now?

You know the Muslims in question are American, right? Why do they not get the same freedom as whatever you consider real Americans do?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival

Does anyone actually KNOW any TPer's who (as my daughter says)
'give a care' about Muslims OR religion?

Apparently Tea Party Express leader Mark Williams "gives a care"

www.cordobainitiative.org.../leaders-unite-oppose-mark-williams%E2%80%99-hateful-comments-about-ground-zero-mosque-and-cultural--0

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join