It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR: Tea partiers to ‘harass’ Muslims with dogs at anti-mosque protest

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Yes. Anything else we need? I'm only half awake.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Oh, I should email them and tell them to have a pig roast!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Haha. Mention Sharia Law again and I'll roast a pig

I'm very interested to see how all the MSM cover this...if at all.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Well, let me see, fox had videos of the people. Now, they could be plants right?

re: the NBPP, no they weren't plants, that was the NBPP standing there, all three of them, with billy-clubs in hand intimidating potential voters. What Fox did was associate them with everything liberal, To Fox this wasn't some lunatic fringe group calling itself the new black panther party, this was the democrats, or MSNBC, or every black man out there.

Now here's why this is relevant to this topic - CAIR is calling out the TPM, specifically the SWRC, for a race-based protest over a planned mosque. First, you claim that this group never made such a planned protest (unfortunately, they did). Then those on the right appear to be claiming this group does not represent the "official view" of the TPM, and may not even be a part of the TPM. Does the NBPP represent the official view of the left anymore than this TPM group represent the official view of their movement?

It's a classic case of a pot calling a kettle black.

Now consider this - and this is aimed more at the TPM, specifically that organization in Temecula and their planned protest of a mosque - WHY protest a religious edifice, when you CLAIM to cherish the constitution? You state "freedom of religion" then protest one religion's existence. You claim that Islam oppresses women so that's why you protest it, yet Mormon's also force young girls into polygamist marriages, even freeing a formerly convicted child rapist. I thought the TPM was about civil liberties and reducing government spending. NOT protesting Muslims. How is protesting outside a mosque going to reduce government spending? How is THAT going to save the constitution?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Oh, I should email them and tell them to have a pig roast!

You know what? That would be pretty cool!

I love a good pig roast!

Oh wait, that might be offensive, oh wait, it's New York!

GO PIG ROAST!

See this issue I am torn between the same 1st Amendment right.

Right between free speech, and freedom of religion.

So, what I say is, let the TPM protest, let them protest all they want.

Let Muslims build their house of prayer. As long as it doesn't turn violent who the hell cares?

Let them bring dogs, let them cook sausage, let them pray to the Koran. This is freaking America.

I say if you want to protest the building of this mosque, it's your right.

I say if you want this mosque to go up, that's freedom of religion.

There is a medium here, it might not be happy, but both sides are right.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm calling my Riverside co. Public Access Cable CH. 95, producer friends to cover this protest by the TPM. Perhaps we can get some video.

I want to encourage all ATS members to take their local Cable Access Producers workshop, get certified and video any and all community functions, meetings by fringe groups both right and left, parades, BBQs, car shows, Art fairs, etc.

Public Access cable is paid for by your tax dollars and affords a studio, great cameras, lights, lavs, mic, boom poles, to the citizens that take the producer accreditation classes.

Get involved! Document everything American!!

[edit on 29-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yeah - I just saw that myself. For some odd reason it doesn't show up if you look at their events calender for July 30. But if you click your direct link - or do a search for events in CA it does show up.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Tea Partiers come from all corners of thought. Regretably many of them come from plain hate of anything they can't understand and/or is different from them. These are the ones that get called racist and set the others off. For the most part the TP has become a hate group instead of a group that should stand for the values of the people against taxation or government against the will of the people.

Sadly it's just a hate group anymore.

Im not a tea party member but I'm not so excessively simple minded as to label them racist and a hate group!

The name brings attention so all the cockroaches are going to take it for what they can.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

You might want to check out this thread...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Yes fabrication.

The link that they draw between the site mentioning to bring dogs and the anonymous web postings as the words of 'group leaders' is a lie.

The Council on American-Islamic relations has condemned plans for a Tea Party protest outside a southern California mosque, whose organizers are urging protesters to bring dogs with them because Muslims "hate dogs."

'Bring dogs' is different than 'bring dogs because Muslims hate them'.

I would also like to state that anonymous web postings and unsigned emails are in no way valid as evidence. If these people are so overtly anti-Islam, it wouldn't matter to them if we knew who said this stuff.

CAIR is using a relatively small event with relatively few supporters(their forum has 5 members) along with cherry picked (and probably planted) anonymous postings to discredit the Tea Parties as a whole. At worst, they fabricated emails and postings to discredit the Tea Parties. At best, they are misrepresenting the Tea Parties in a way to portray them all as bigots.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

One of the other freedoms we enjoy is freedom of expression. That includes freedom to own a dog and take him where ever you wish. I'll ask cair not to complain until we fly a plane into their mosque, or as they are otherwise known, terrorist safe house.
Part of the problem is that certain people beleive we should simply change our way of life so as not to offend anyone, whether they are here legally or illegally and regardless of their intentions.
The reason there are different nations with different cultures is so that everyone has a homeland where they feel comfortable and in step. It is not our responsibility to appease every culture that crosses our path. If we did, we would no longer be a nation, but a giant bed and breakfast, where the citizens are the poorly paid jaitorial staff. Those who fear pigs and dogs should take note that America may not be the best place for them, particularly in light of the fact that our muslim president is losing influence and the time draws near that the public has had enough of this bullsh1t. Really no other way to say it..
Personally, I have 15 dogs, or as I call them, "crusaders". I value each of their lives more than the live of a muslim, because no dog in the history of manking has strapped on a bomb to murder kids eating pizza, hacked the head off of a journalist or flown a plane full of vacationing americans into the Pentagon.
So an uninvited guest comes to my house, fully aware that I have an ass-load of dogs (here's a hint, I wouldn't really let him in). He's a muslim, and after a few minutes, calls up the local cair branch, who also show up and trample my lawn with signs bearing swastickas and pictures of Bush on fire.
First, I strap on a colt. Then I tell Ahkmad to hit the pavement. If he fails to comply, I introduce him to Flash, one of my "crusaders." I offer him some bacon for the road, make the Obama supporters out front repair the damage at gun point, or perhaps test their commitment to their cause by popping off a few rounds.

At some point, should the "gummint" should consider a similar policy. Either that, or hide the kids and add bomb shelters to the building code.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

It's a crying shame and embarrassment all around. When you fight fire with fire everyone burns.

Frankly, though (prepares for heat ), I think that if I were a Muslim and in CAIR, I'd be pretty damn vigilant and on edge.

That doesn't excuse retaliating in kind, and if they exaggerated, they shouldn't have...makes it so much harder to defend and casts a group in a terrible light when they're busted.

However, a group being targeted as heavily as they consistently are are might deserve a little bit more slack in proportion of scale. It wasn't that gross of an exaggeration. What are dogs doing there? And they may know something more that we don't yet.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think it's awful that people would use their pets this way. Dogs being disliked by Muslims is a sad thing, this is just going to make that worse. Also, during protests, there is yelling, distraught people, sometimes violence.....

Not something children or pets should be subject to.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Rabs and indian penninsula culturally think dogs are dirty animals, and in their countries they are, commonly rabid, eaging the crap people poop out on the ground.
So this being said get rid of all your animals america, they are filthy and 'we' find them unacceptable. Freedom of assembly as we define it so F/U america!
Oh yes we are a religion, one that explicitly states the purpose of which is to convert the world and all on it by force if need be to a dominant caliphate (theocracy based on the queeran) to follow without question the express laws in the querran where any dissent is destroyed and no options tolerated. Freedom of religion as we define it , so F/U america.

A belief system with force of rules, laws, punishment and control of property, taxation, commerce,life or death physical punishment and incarceration and war on everyone in their grasp by written doctrine is a GOhVERNMENT.
A religion is what you do for YOURSELF, voluntarily while leaing others alone. Once you FORCE others to comply you are no longer a religion. No sloppy thinking, use what's left of your brains.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mordant1

[/sarcasm=off][/rant=off] would be helpful at the end of your post.

That said, wow, am I ever glad I'm Canadian, all this tea bagging stuff is getting so nuts. :shk:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I care not what God they worship.
My dogs come before even my friends, as I know their intent is nothing but pure.
If someone does not like my dogs, you know what side of the fence they are on.
Simple actually.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I would bring my dog in protest of their hate of Dogs.

I would put a sign around my dogs neck saying
"Why do you hate me? Im mans best friend".

That Said- I think it is kind of stupid to say that most Muslims hate dogs, but then again, I dont know that many muslims, just a few. I never heard them say anything derogatory about dogs. At least nothing like "Ima kill these puppies, because I HATE THESE PUPPIES!"

No seriously though, I think I would be more worried about all those dogs in one place, I hope people will be able to control their animals, or else there might be a lot of doggy love that day(if you know what I mean).

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Bring a pot belly pig and your bacon bits to throw would be better than dogs. Dogs can atttack pigs not so much. Let a court rule you violated there rights with bacon bits and pigs . I can see it in court I was scared for my life from what a little pig and some bacon bits? Is there a way to destroy sacred ground with a pig?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I myself think it is kinda stupid to not know about what you expound on about cultures and countries you know nothing about. Having been there, I am a bit more of an objective observer and commentator than any bizarre sense of entitlement to opinions in ignorance. I'm not trying to insult anyone, I state objective verifyable information about other cultures.
There are a world of cultural differences you can pretend dont exist and therefore you cant understand why you are disliked regardless your efforts at seeking common ground.
Only in america are citizens proud of being unamerican, and those of competing cultures dont see that as 'nice' or 'fair'they see it as weakness and indication of stupidity that they are by nature entitled to take advantage of. Too bad if you dont like it, that's the way everyplace on the planet is.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Muslims don't hate dogs.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join