It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR: Tea partiers to ‘harass’ Muslims with dogs at anti-mosque protest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
rawstory.com...

CAIR slams 'KKK tactics,' says Tea Party changing focus to 'promotion of Islamophobia'

'Islam is not a religion,' declares anonymous protest organizer

The Council on American-Islamic relations has condemned plans for a Tea Party protest outside a southern California mosque, whose organizers are urging protesters to bring dogs with them because Muslims "hate dogs."

A recent series of unsigned emails and anonymous Web postings has called for a protest during Friday prayers outside the Islamic Center of Temecula Valley, in Riverside County. Protest organizers are upset at the Islamic group's plans to build a new mosque to replace its current makeshift mosque.

One of the emails, obtained by CAIR, declared: "Islam is not a religion. It is a worldwide political movement meant [sic] on domination of the world. And it is meant to subjugate all people under Islamic law...."

I find this a curious stance coming from the TPM. Supposedly the TPM is a defender of the constitution. I thought the constitution mentioned something about "freedom of religion"

God help us!!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Typical American Republicans wanting to yell and stomp their feet for no reason. Here's a website which explains current American ideology perfect.
www.adbusters.org...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I find this a curious stance coming from the TPM. Supposedly the TPM is a defender of the constitution. I thought the constitution mentioned something about "freedom of religion"

God help us!!

Just from reading the posts from Tea Party supporters on this site, most appear to have either not read the constitution or aren't able to understand it.

Case in point: The recent ruling against AZ immigration law. Most commenters claim the judge acted against the constitution, but the constitution includes a supremacy clause that gives Federal laws authority over state laws. The blocked parts of the AZ immigration law were in breach of the constitution.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Tea Partiers come from all corners of thought. Regretably many of them come from plain hate of anything they can't understand and/or is different from them. These are the ones that get called racist and set the others off. For the most part the TP has become a hate group instead of a group that should stand for the values of the people against taxation or government against the will of the people.

Sadly it's just a hate group anymore.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
From the article.

A recent series of unsigned emails and anonymous Web postings has called for a protest during Friday prayers outside the Islamic Center of Temecula Valley, in Riverside County. Protest organizers are upset at the Islamic group's plans to build a new mosque to replace its current makeshift mosque. One of the emails, obtained by CAIR, declared: "Islam is not a religion. It is a worldwide political movement meant [sic] on domination of the world. And it is meant to subjugate all people under Islamic law...." Story continues below... The email goes on to say that Muslims "hate dogs. ... Tennessee was able to stop the Mosque so bring your Bibles, flags, signs, dogs and singing voice on Friday." The reference to Tennessee evidently has to do with a controversy over the planned construction of a mosque in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, which has drawn opposition from some residents. Contrary to the email, planning for the mosque has not been halted. The identity of the protest organizers "remains a mystery," reports the Los Angeles Times, but the organizers "appear to be associated with a southwest Riverside County political group affiliated with the 'tea party' movement."

They don't know who the organizers are, who by the articles own words, only appear to be associated with a party that's affiliated with the Tea Party.

There's a lot of speculative language here.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The Council on American-Islamic Relations states

Anonymous postings somewhere at some time at some place. After reading the article, seems to be very obviously missing any links to such sites.

An email that states something that someone said blah blah blah blah.

My turn.

Anonymous posters at a site on the web have proof that Obama is a marxist dictator with plans this fall to shutdown the elections and institute emergency measures to eliminate the congress and supreme court.

Further, an email acquired has shown that all white are to be rounded up and placed in FEMA camps.

Nice work whaaa, can you say RACISTS?

Or is the new buzzword Islamo Racists?

How bout Nazi's?

WOW, thanks for the link to more propaganda with no proof of anything!

OOOPS, the endisnighe was wrong!

[edit on 7/29/2010 by endisnighe]

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
More MSM garbage to make the TPM look racist. Read the article people! There is no definite connection to the Tea Party -

"The identity of the protest organizers "remains a mystery," reports the Los Angeles Times, but the organizers "appear to be associated with a southwest Riverside County political group affiliated with the 'tea party' movement."

In a press release, CAIR declared that the protest was being organized by the Southwest Riverside County Tea Party."

The identity of the organizers "remains a mystery" but that's proof enough for the Council on American Islamic Relations to DECLARE it is being done by the Tea Party.

Ok, then. Based on what I think, I DECLARE CAIR to be an Islamic terrorist organization. I have all the "proof" I need right here in my head.

Where is the proof of any connection to the Tea Party?
I used to trust RawStory once. It looks like they're just another part of the MSM now.

Why is everyone in such a rush to declare racism? Is this the new national sport of something? Lookout Jim Crow!

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

CAIR claims it has one of the emails and says the source is the Southwest Riverside County Tea Party. There is a direct link to their site in Raw Story article and if you visit that you will see they are indeed organizing protests against Citibank because of their involvement with Muslims in Temecula. It doesn't seem to be propaganda.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
@endisnighe and asktheanimals: So why is it when Fox news and other right wing bloggers go off on NBPP, "the New Black Panther Party" which consists all of three deranged individuals, this is equated with being the opinion of all blacks, and officially tied to the original Black Panther Party? Any different than declaring the "Southwest Riverside County Tea Party" to represent all of the TP?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

There is no link in that article at RAW. Looked three times now, so I went directly to the CAIR site.

www.cair.com...

I did a search on their search function using tea partiers.

Hmmm, no return.

Since you stated there is a link, why don't you provide the link?

I just looked again, no link to anything.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
There isn't an org that isn't controlled.
This is all sheep slapping.
The best way to control the opposition is to be the opposition.
the hegelian dialectic
problem reaction solution....

In the end its sheep sheering, and then
when the sheep has been sheared down to the bone...
Dinner time.
Lamb goes great with fed....oooops I mean mint.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Odd Endisnighe, I clicked the link in the OP and got...

rawstory.com...

Then I clicked the link from that link and got...

www.prnewswire.com...

And...

www.cair.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Well, let me see, fox had videos of the people. Now, they could be plants right?

Sorry, so what does that have to do with this story. Did you just try a deflection technique?

Oh, since you say right wing bloggers and fox news paints with a wide brush, could you provide evidence of that.

Now, I am sure you could find something, right?

Hey, have you heard about Breitbart's racist get together this weekend?

Take a look-www.uni-tea.com...

Look at all those racists going to a tea party, those damn racists and uncle toms.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

The links in the Raw Story article are all in red text but here you go - LINK

and to make it easier for you..

Mosque protest right here

Meeting's been rescheduled since this morning.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
@endisnighe and asktheanimals: So why is it when Fox news and other right wing bloggers go off on NBPP, "the New Black Panther Party" which consists all of three deranged individuals, this is equated with being the opinion of all blacks, and officially tied to the original Black Panther Party? Any different than declaring the "Southwest Riverside County Tea Party" to represent all of the TP?

I'm not one of the ones you asked -but I'll give that a go...

I'll go with the answer of "Not really - because there on some on each side of the fence (left and right) that REALLY like to believe things like that about everyone on the other side of the fence. So they aren't going to get hung up on little details like facts or proof. This applies to some (but not all) on both the left and the right sides of the political spectrum and seems to permeate some of the populace right down to popping up now and again here on ATS in some (but not all) political threads."

What do I win if I got it right?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Man, you people really have to dig for some manufactured stuff now.

There is no link in the Raw Story, sorry. Unless it is hidden somewhere.

Anyway, let the people try and find something in the convoluted trail created here. I will watch the video you posted now to see if there is anything at all to this except maybe CAIR trying to get their people riled up to mount a counter protest to a non event.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
You claim that "lefties" are using this story, of a fringe group associated with the TPM to attack the entirety of the TPM for being racist. Yet that appears to be exactly what Fox and "righties" are doing with the "NBPP". Their whack jobs being used to attack an overall movement for being racist.

Now, regarding the association of this group with the calls for protesting this mosque:

In announcing the protest, a posting on the Southwest Riverside County Tea Party website criticized Islam as a political movement seeking world domination. It also accused Muslims of killing dogs and treating women as second-class citizens. It urged protesters to bring Bibles, flags and dogs.

In a news release, Hussam Ayloush, executive director of the council's Los Angeles chapter, said: "Californians of all faiths should repudiate those who would target a house of worship using tactics specifically designed to cause offense."

A statement on the Islamic Center's website said the center was "disheartened and saddened that a group of our neighbors seeks to disrespect and make our community feel unwelcomed."

No one from the Southwest Riverside County Tea Party could be reached for comment Tuesday.

Shellie Milne, who coordinates activities for the Menifee, Hemet and Murrieta tea parties, said her group is not involved with the protest. The Southwest group is a "rogue and fringe group" that's "not in step with what the other tea parties are doing," she said.

Appears indeed this fringe TPM group called for this protest.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Alright, I have never seen the red link color before and being partially color blind, red being the cones and rods I cannot perceive, oh well.

Foot in mouth disease.

So, tell me exactly what is the part where these people, not even proven to be tea partiers yet, to be racist of islamaphobes.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Is this link valid enough for you?

www.teapartypatriots.org...

pwnd!!

[edit on 29-7-2010 by whaaa]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>