It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR: Tea partiers to ‘harass’ Muslims with dogs at anti-mosque protest

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by maybereal11

Please post the link to the decision that states that.

PLEASE. Yeah right, the law on the 2nd component stated that everyone that was arrested had to go through the verification process. That was one of the parts shot down. But, why bother with the truth.

Just more obfuscation to further an AGENDA.

Uhh...Don't get spazzy or accuse me of BS for that matter. Maybe read some actual news sites rather than partisan spin sites. Or stick to what was actually said and form your own opinions?

Here you go..

U.S. District Judge Susan Bolt leaned heavily in her opinion on the notion that the portions of the law she blocked would, if not stopped, place unacceptably high burdens on legal immigrants to prove they were in Arizona legally as well as on the federal government.

Bolton paints of picture of legal immigrants being forced to cool their heels in presumably hot Arizona jails while police authorities attempted to get confirmation that, yes, those individuals they stopped were indeed in the U.S. legally.

From her opinion

Requiring Arizona law enforcement officials and agencies to determine the immigration status of every person who is arrested burdens lawfully-present aliens because their liberty will be restricted while their status is checked. Given the large number of people who are technically “arrested” but never booked into jail or perhaps even transported to a law enforcement facility, detention time for this category of arrestee will certainly be extended during an immigration status verification. (See Escobar, et al. v. City of Tucson, et al., No. CV10-249-TUC-SRB, Doc. 9, City of Tucson’s Answer & Cross-cl., ¶ 38 (stating that during fiscal year 2009, Tucson used the cite-and-release procedure provided by A.R.S. § 13-3903 to “arrest” and immediately release 36,821 people).) Under Section 2(B) of S.B. 1070, all arrestees will be required to prove their immigration status to the satisfaction of state authorities, thus increasing the intrusion of police presence into the lives of legally-present aliens (and even United States citizens), who will necessarily be swept up by this requirement.

It wasn't that the judge didn't empathize with the burdens Arizona contends with in dealing with the problem of illegal immigrants. She said she did:

But that didn't mean she could allow Arizona to tread in territory reserved for the federal government.

The Court by no means disregards Arizona’s interests in controlling illegal immigration and addressing the concurrent problems with crime including the trafficking of humans, drugs, guns, and money. Even though Arizona’s interests may be consistent with those of the federal government, it is not in the public interest for Arizona to enforce preempted laws.

www.npr.org...

Edit to add: Link premising my Warrantless Arrests comment

The judge also blocked officers from making warrantless arrests of suspected illegal immigrants for crimes that can lead to deportation.

"Requiring Arizona law enforcement officials and agencies to determine the immigration status of every person who is arrested burdens lawfully present aliens because their liberty will be restricted while their status is checked," Bolton wrote.

www.npr.org...

Now where in my post was I BSing Endig?

[edit on 29-7-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JonInMichigan

I fully agree with you. The Tea Party has been hijacked. I was totally for the movement and even tried to join. Then I saw the kinds of people speaking at events and dictating the national dialogue when it came to the Tea Party and I was completely turned off. I know it's not fair to associate these people with the entire movement but IMO those that are sick of being misrepresented need to fight back with everything they have and kick out the "mongrels"

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Can you post the link to the decision, I have not read it yet.

As for me picking from the talking points, well blame MSNBC, that is the only placed I watched, so if I got anything wrong, blame one of your leaning propaganda channels.

The part I like best, well she feels for Arizona on the plight that the drugs, kidnapping and murder going on it is JUST TOO DAMN BAD!

If the federal government is too busy in wars around the globe protecting corporate interests, the state is just going to have to frelling take it.

In other words, here is your ky jelly.

You know what, revolutions happen because of crap like this. But so what right?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Here is what you said in that comment-

Not to mention the Judge cited "warrantless arrests" and undue and discriminatory burden requiring those that might be confused for an illegal immigrant to carry papers with them at all times or face detainment.

What is a warrantless arrest? Oh, when someone is arrested when they break the law. Please supply a link to the decision. Not snippets. I hate snippets.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JonInMichigan

The use and application of the concept of mongrels to citizens is indicative of Dear Leaders fixation on lineage based entitlement or punishments, mongrol suggesting and undesireable complicating of determining the winner of the entitlment process.
A post racial president doesnt mention race at all, they mention individual effort. This I notice doesnt happen at all, its simply all about who yo mamma and baby daddy be and what you look like.
How about we start making determinations based on kidney size or bladder capacity?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Can you post the link to the decision, I have not read it yet.

As for me picking from the talking points, well blame MSNBC, that is the only placed I watched, so if I got anything wrong, blame one of your leaning propaganda channels.

First off end...If you hadn't even read the decision...why were you accusing me of BSing?

Second...May god strike me down if I have watched more than 10 minutes of MSNBC in the last few years...i am allowing for channel flipping with the 10 minutes. So stick the "blame one of your leaning propaganda channels." comment where the sun doesn't shine.

You are testing my patience.

And the link to her opinion was included in the article I posted above, which you obviously didn't read...please stop pretending that you are objective or open to examining the facts...

Stop with the FOX AND the MSNBC for that matter.

Here is her full opinion...
www.scribd.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You know, making laws based on one persons opinion of what 'might be' is complex, like if I think YOU 'might be' a bad thing I can decide to restrain or dispose of you preemptively.
Actually I think we may be on to something here...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Link to her decision: www.scribd.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

A recent series of unsigned emails and anonymous Web postings has called for a protest during Friday prayers outside the Islamic Center of Temecula Valley, in Riverside County. From above^ First off unsigned emails and anonymous web postings connected back to the tea party. What if someone went to a sight, like this one and posted racist rants on here and said they represented everyone. It could be someone just being a jerk or someone out to make this site look racist. Second, have you ever been to a tea party and seen what is going on? Maybe you may have just watched the edited clips from CNN and MSNBC. To say that the tea party is a hate group is ridiculous and unfounded. Unfortunatly idiots do sometimes appear at these gatherings but then I could classify these idiots in the broader sense and just call them Americans, then state, well then ALL Americans are racist. It makes no sense. Peace

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mordant1

You know, making laws based on one persons opinion of what 'might be' is complex, like if I think YOU 'might be' a bad thing I can decide to restrain or dispose of you preemptively.
Actually I think we may be on to something here...

I am unsure if your post is a threat? Or just dumb and confusing?

On second read I think it is both.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Islamophobia of Americans, or, cynophobia (the fear of dogs) of Muslims?

That's a good question, because evolutionarily-speaking, humans have evolved with dogs. Dog domestication is actually older than modern humanity, which means our hominid ancestors had dogs as pets. Islam is something new & unnatural, and their holy book contains violent, discriminatory, and sexist passages. Islamophobia does not exist because it's not a fear, it's a fact.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
In a press release, CAIR declared that the protest was being organized by the Southwest Riverside County Tea Party."

The identity of the organizers "remains a mystery" but that's proof enough for the Council on American Islamic Relations to DECLARE it is being done by the Tea Party.

A quick Google search would keep you from looking ignorant:

www.wethepeople-swrc.com...

Heads up Folks....

Proposed Mosque to be built at Nicholas & Washington in Temecula.

Attend the Hearing tentatively in November 6:00 pm at 43200 Business Drive Park, Temecula and lend your voice and/or your presence so that we can stop this from happening.

..."a radically intolerant belief system that is incompatible with the freedoms guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution."

Hearing date has been changed to tentatively from Aug. 18 to November 6:00 pm at 43200 Business Drive Park, Temecula and lend your voice and/or your presence so that we can stop this from happening. The city had no intention of notifying the neighborhood except by placing a notice in the paper!

The proposed Mosque would be approximately 25,000 sq ft. and have the minaret towers to blast their calls to prayer five times a day starting at 4:15 AM and ending at 9:15 PM. It will bring in Islam and usher out our freedoms and liberties, as has happened all across Europe and already parts of the US.

And from the site's main page:

Welcome to our site

The Southwest Riverside County Citizens in Action includes Concerned Citizens, and Patriots groups throughout the region, joined together to be a voice in returning America to its Constitutional roots.

So, the SRCCA is definitely the organizer.

And they have a Tea Party page:

www.wethepeople-swrc.com...

The Freedom March Parade after Parade was put together in two days. We had a turnout of about 25 people but made a hugh impact and got very positive reactions!

So, that confirms CAIR's report. And your ignorance.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

From a quick skimming of the decision, WOO BOY.

Guess what I found to be the main reasoning behind the decision?

Money. Period. This is the reason this was shut down.

I found 2 instances where the reasoning was that it would put UNDUE BURDEN on the Federal Government to actually do their DAMN JOB.

You know what, why do I even bother with this crap anymore?

This government is all about stripping us of our rights and our money but to do anything that is beneficial to us, like closing the damn borders, stopping the wars, reducing our taxes or leaving us the hell alone. NOPE.

You are right, it is time for me to just say frell this country.

Lies, theft, war, chaos, all weapons of the federal government. I believe we are done.

Hell, if I was governor down their, I would be reading through this today and tonight, picking out the parts that show the blatant disregard for the protection and rights of actual citizens. Call for a press conference tomorrow and tell the people what one of the Federal Court crooks just stated. Then I would ask for a special poll of the citizens if they want to go further with a 10th amendment declaration.

If I had more time I would convert this to word and then post the things I have spotted, but why bother.

The reason I thought what you had stated was bull# was because I could not believe that actually made it into a court decision.

I guess the Priests in the Black Robes can say anything they want now.

How does MONEY have to do with ANYTHING with the law?

MONEY WAS THE REASON THIS WAS DONE!

WHAT AGAIN WAS THE PURPOSE OF CREATING THE DHS?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

What is a warrantless arrest? Oh, when someone is arrested when they break the law. Please supply a link to the decision. Not snippets. I hate snippets.

Nope..

Let's say you are pulled over for possibly speeding. You don't think you were, but that will be decided later in traffic court. The officer asks you to prove your immigration status, you do not have proof, he takes you to jail and holds you there and "processes" you and runs checks to determine your status. At this point you have done nothing wrong, but are for all practical purposes arrested and detained. Warrantless arrests.

Also see here:

An arrest made without a warrant. At common law, an officer was justified in making an arrest without a warrant if the officer reasonably believed that the defendant had committed a misdemeanor in his or her presence or had committed any felony. There is a constitutional preference for arrest upon a warrant, however, 379 U.S. 89, and the Supreme Court has held that a warrantless arrest will be judged by a somewhat higher standard of probable cause than if the same arrest had occurred under the direction of a neutral and detached magistrate. Id. While warrantless arrests in public places have been upheld, 423 U.S. 411, an arrest in a private residence requires an arrest warrant unless there are exigent circumstances. 445 U.S. 573. See search and seizure; warrant[arrest warrant].

www.answers.com...

Notice the qualities of "Probable Cause" and "Public Place" where the AZ Law stated "reasonable suspicion" and correct me if I am wrong...did not distinguish between private residence and public places.

Every bit of the judges opinion was premised on protecting the constitution.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Neither that cover nor the article is Islamophobic. Sheesh.

And the article does not say that Clinton says we're fighting in Afghanistan forever or whatever hyperbole you used.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

These people are "NOT" true Tea Party American's

The Tea Party was hijacked by all the Glenn Becks and Global Government activists!

It is to discredit the best grass roots party in 100 years! The Tea Party was formed when George Bush was still President. It was formed by those who wish to restore our Nation and protect the Constitution. In fact you can find the roots of it starting with those who backed Ron Paul.

It was always peaceful and the message was clear, restore our freedom and leave the Constitution alone!

Now you have disruption! Now you have those who are asked and placed by those who wish to destroy the movement. They are nothing more than placed agents to paint a mask of violence and racism over something that was once good and for the right things.

Like the staged cop at a G20 conference - dressed in civilian clothing who hits another cop - to start the riot and get everyone running, all in the name of Global control.

This is a joke - what they are doing! The people who are actually awake can see through all this smoke. The emperor still has no clothes!

We know what the Tea Party means to America!

So your little "Tea Bagging" jokes on CNN, your carefully placed KKK members and the civilian dressed cops can try to stop the truth - but in the end you ARE going lose! It is all just one big game to you Globalists, but more and more wake up every single day.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by arizonascott]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I am sorry, but anyone can be pulled over by the police, any time of day, regardless of race, creed or color. Then they can slap you in a cell for 48 hours without letting you seek the services of a lawyer or even speaking to anyone.

Some people have spent years in jail when they were originally arrested because they looked like someone else, no crime committed by them.

That is all they have to do, pull out a book of mugshots, and find one that resembles you. They say, "well, he looks like so and so who is wanted for murder."

[edit on 29-7-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

This is basically as bad as blaming all Republicans for Bush, All democrats for Obama, etc etc.

Great strawman fallacy and probably some other fallacy I forget.

Can you stop creating divisions where there are none?

reply to post by mothershipzeta

Well quite simply building a mosque here stops being freedom of religion and starts being freedom of speech. And using a structure to make a statement that will make violence occur and probably death begins to beg to question why?

This is like building a church a door step away from the black stone. If the area was US property, it too would be freedom of speech, not religion, because the building's location is a statement.

That said, I'm all for people speaking their statements. But don't ask why your building is being razed or when the local atheists spray allah sucks on your mosque. Sure prosecute them if you can find them, but this whole situation is like taking a man who hates you, giving him a gun, and asking him not to shoot.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Yeah, that explains the psychology of America if you are a shallow teenager maybe. 2nd line - LAME

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

What?

What is the name of the ARTICLE. Did you read the article, the entire thing, well go out and buy the magazine then, I am not going to transcribe it or photocopy it. That would be illegal.

As for not being Islamaphobic, you have got to be kidding me. This was done to her because she went against the faith. NO WOMEN HAS ANY RIGHTS in the Muslim faith, or am I wrong?

God, no ALLAH!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join