It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR: Tea partiers to ‘harass’ Muslims with dogs at anti-mosque protest

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Islam is not a religion anymore than communism. Its a mindset and movement. The are BOTH equally dangerous to the West.

You want to have sharia in the US? Fine. They've already taken over Michiganistan.

They can stay the hell out of Texas and the South....or if they are here, they can be quite and be seen but not heard.

Flame me if you want.

"Oh, you are so religiously intolerant".

I have no problems with Hindu's, Jews, Sikh's, Pagans (of what ever flavor), Budhist's, Jains (they are a bit stange), Christians, Mormons, or anything else.

These groups tend to not bother most of the rest of the world for "religious" reasons. What they do politcally is separate.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Originally posted by JohnnyElohim

Perhaps what's escaped you is the fact that many Muslims are United States citizens, and that the upset about illegal immigration enforcement has more to do with United States citizens who will be mistaken for "suspected illegal immigrants" than it does with supporting an illegal activity.

Perhaps what you mean is "sticking up for white, Christian Americans."

Ah, here we go again. The "Evil White Man" strikes again. Gotta love white guilt.

Maybe you havent noticed the news lately. We seem to have an issue with Narco's attacking our border towns and citizens and muzzies disguising themselves as mexicans to get in.

When a big ugly thing goes "pop" and a city is left in ruins, you folks will be to blame.

[edit on 29/7/10 by felonius]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
More MSM garbage to make the TPM look racist. Read the article people! There is no definite connection to the Tea Party -

"The identity of the protest organizers "remains a mystery," reports the Los Angeles Times, but the organizers "appear to be associated with a southwest Riverside County political group affiliated with the 'tea party' movement."

In a press release, CAIR declared that the protest was being organized by the Southwest Riverside County Tea Party."

The identity of the organizers "remains a mystery" but that's proof enough for the Council on American Islamic Relations to DECLARE it is being done by the Tea Party.

Ok, then. Based on what I think, I DECLARE CAIR to be an Islamic terrorist organization. I have all the "proof" I need right here in my head.

Where is the proof of any connection to the Tea Party?
I used to trust RawStory once. It looks like they're just another part of the MSM now.

Why is everyone in such a rush to declare racism? Is this the new national sport of something? Lookout Jim Crow!

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Asktheanimals]

Exactly right Sir.

Any idiot can call himself or herself a "Tea Party Member" - I don't think you have to register ; )

How do we know these anonymous people aren't just trying to tar all Tea Partiers as racist and bigots?

In any event or case, if it is actually true that some splinter group trying to align themselves with the Tea Party really intends to harass these American citizens as they worship in their own fashion, I think I'd like to be there with a baseball bat and harass them back.

This is like Westboro B@stard Crooks in reverse..

[edit on 29-7-2010 by mydarkpassenger]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Where exactly in the Constitution does it state that you can build a church mosque or temple where ever you want, where? I can save you the time it is NOT in there. Don't pass your assumptions off as fact it only makes you appear ignorant. By the way, you do know Muslims pray in a mosque and not a church right? Or was that another assumption on your part.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by cjdny]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I love this stuff. Constitutional conservatives who hate Islam so much that they will disregard the document they supposedly care so much about to get rid of it. Just remember...first they came for th Muslims, and now they're coming for Hispanics, I wonder when these same justifications are going to be used for the blacks, Jews and gays? America is starting to turn into Germany, but it sure ain't Obama that's Hitler.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

So when exactly did dogs become racist?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjdny
reply to post by maybereal11

Where exactly in the Constitution does it state that you can build a church mosque or temple where ever you want, where? I can save you the time it is NOT in there. Don't pass your assumptions off as fact it only makes you appear ignorant. By the way, you do know Muslims pray in a mosque and not a church right? Or was that another assumption on your part.

Does Amendment 1 ring a bell? - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

Building your religion's house of worship is part and parcel to the "free exercise thereof"

It doesn't say that the location can't be regulated such as by zoning laws, but those laws can't be so stringent as to prevent the free exercise of the First Amendment, nor favor one religion over another.

Mosque, Church, Synagogue - all just names for the same thing; a house of worship.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by mydarkpassenger]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

This reply covers all of those who insist on making off topic comments.
This thread is about CAIR and their feet stomping NOT the AZ law regarding Illegals. Is it that you just have nothing of value to offer this discussion you feel it necessary to attempt to deflect the discussion into a different direction. Children do that when they get caught doing something bad. So what are your excuses?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

No it does not you are still attempting to pass you lack of understanding off as a fact. Just because you twist things up in YOUR mind does not mean that everyone has to follow you just so you feel good about yourself. Play the word games with your fellow morons. Your complete lack of reading comprehension only proves MY point of you passing your assumptions off as fact.
I never said they or ANYONE does not have the right to have whatever beliefs they choose. Just don't expect everyone to bow and adjust their ways to suite their religion. Then that would be FORCING another religion on me and that we all are protected from. If someone said that a specific religion was to be banned I would be right there with them defending their right to Freedom of Religion.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05
I love this stuff. Constitutional conservatives who hate Islam so much that they will disregard the document they supposedly care so much about to get rid of it. Just remember...first they came for th Muslims, and now they're coming for Hispanics, I wonder when these same justifications are going to be used for the blacks, Jews and gays? America is starting to turn into Germany, but it sure ain't Obama that's Hitler.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

That is because islam is antithetical to the constitution. They must either have a "reformation" as christianity did or get the hell out. No ifs, ands, or buts. WE CANNOT allow islam to get a major foothold in the US or we'll be like England with "no non-muzzie" zones.

Hell no. uh uh!

Now you start with the Niemoller quote.

you people just dont quit

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto

Originally posted by felonius

Perhaps what's escaped you is the fact that many Muslims are United States citizens, and that the upset about illegal immigration enforcement has more to do with United States citizens who will be mistaken for "suspected illegal immigrants" than it does with supporting an illegal activity.

Ah, here we go again. The "Evil White Man" strikes again. Gotta love white guilt.

Maybe you havent noticed the news lately. We seem to have an issue with Narco's attacking our border towns and citizens and muzzies disguising themselves as mexicans to get in.

When a big ugly thing goes "pop" and a city is left in ruins, you folks will be to blame.

Ahh, the racist phobic goofball strikes again as well.

Thank God people like you are not in positions of power in this country. It's why the Tea Part and other groups and people like this will never see anything other then a town hall...

While I dont mind being a goof ball

I would like to be shown where I"m being racist. Last I heard, the muzzies aren't particular about who they let in? Sounds like some deep seated displacement to me.

Put up or shut up.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

While I dont mind being a goof ball, I would like to be shown where I"m being racist.

Last I heard, the muzzies aren't particular about who they let in? Sounds like some deep seated displacement to me. Put up or shut up.

Well, let's see. You stated you have no problem with religions, such as Christianity, etc.

Yet, there are terrorists within Christianity itself, so it's not the religion itself, Islam, that's bothering you...

No, it's the people, and while you may say that you're all against what they say, that you're not racist, the deep truth is that you do despise anybody who you believe is a Muslim.

Go on a plane and see a young man wearing a hijab, you begin to get angry and begin to suspect their a terrorist.

No, it's all on imagery for you, and if you someone that looks like a Muslim, you'll harbor resentment.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
reply to post by JohnnyElohim

I'm just tired of everyone making the tea party out to be monsters. Its crap!

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Digital_Reality]

Well these people will make themselves out to be whatever they wish. If they are identified with the Tea Party and they behave in this way, perhaps you should criticize the message (the protest) and not the messenger (people reporting on the protest).

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by Digital_Reality

I'm still failing to see why it matters if it "peeve off Muslims". Who cares? Anything they bring will peeve off someone. They have the right to whatever they damn well want within the law. Who cares if the Muslims get their whittle fewings hurt? No one is sticking up for Americans anymore. Its all about the poor muslims or the poor illegals and down with the Tea Party and the Americans.

Forget this!

It has not escaped me. I know this very well. Many are also NOT Americans.

I fail to see what that has to do with it. Many caucasians are not, in fact, United States citizens. So what of it? Are you mixing your whiskey with your wine, here? Let's target Muslims because they may be illegal immigrants by virtue of their funny dress and odd choice in faith?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Here we go again, indeed. Let's review what I responded to since you've conveniently removed the context of my remarks:

I'm still failing to see why it matters if it "peeve off Muslims". Who cares? Anything they bring will peeve off someone. They have the right to whatever they damn well want within the law. Who cares if the Muslims get their whittle fewings hurt? No one is sticking up for Americans anymore. Its all about the poor muslims or the poor illegals and down with the Tea Party and the Americans.

Forget this!

What's implied by the above is that sticking up for these Muslims (who are merely building a place of worship) is somehow opposed to sticking up for Americans. I pointed out that they are very likely Muslim-Americans. United States citizens. Sticking up for them is sticking up for Americans. My comments were therefore in the context of pointing out that the poster seemed to selectively support some Americans. If you have have a different interpretation of the words I responded to, please be my guest.

And this:

You have got to be kidding me. "Let me count the ways."

I didn't support the attack on Afghanistan. I didn't support the Iraqi war. Both of these absurd decisions have done more to undermine our safety and security than any level of "self-hating white guilt" could ever do. Between the Patriot Act and dozens of signing statements excluding the Executive Office from accountability, more was done to undermine an America which exemplifies the values we all love to talk so much about than had been done in all the years of Abraham Lincoln operating the country under martial law.

Our ceaseless fear and loathing of the Other does nothing but distract us from what we should fear most. Ourselves. It is United States citizens who are operating major corporations outsourcing jobs to foreign shores. It is United States citizens who wrote the Patriot Act. It is United States citizens who themselves avoid liability by paying workers under the table - the only way for an undocumented immigrant to receive a paycheck. It is United States citizens who drafted the bailout and who created the need for it. No number of illegal immigrants, terrorist attacks, or hostile nations can bring us down if we embody the principles we so love to discuss.

This hateful, xenophobic fear-mongering has to go. We are better than this.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by JohnnyElohim]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Its tacky to build a mosque in the same area that Muslim extremist killed a few thousand people. Wrong or illegal? No.

Bringing dogs to the protest I agree is tacky. Illegal or wrong? No.

YES I KNOW MUSLIMS CAN BE AMERICAN!

This is off topic but for clarification I was referring to the overall attitude against the Tea Party vs the attitude against those with no respect for our constitution or borders. My emphasis was meant to be on Muslim extremist and illegal immigrants.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Muslims "hate dogs."

They hate Pigs Blood more than dogs. General Pershing stopped the Arab Barbary Pirates by dipping their ammo in Pigs Blood, they believe contact with that sends them to hell instead of La La Land with 70 Hot Chicks.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Typical American Republicans wanting to yell and stomp their feet for no reason. Here's a website which explains current American ideology perfect.
www.adbusters.org...

That post made no sense ot me at all. You're saying something about Republicans stomping their feet, then you post a link to a story that has something to do with media and the illusion it creates to put everyone in a trance or something?

Who controls the media?

Who makes up the Tea Party?

Who is watching too much TV news?

Mmmhmm.

Everyone watches TV. Those who understand what they are seeing understand what is going on and are more likely to attend a Tea Party event. Those who don't understand? Well, they just sit around and trash people who do understand.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join