It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God testing me? Does he allow demonic attacks?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I think this quote best somes up my view on God and things he may do, might not do, and lets happen.

"Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. ... He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord!"
John Milton
The Devil's Advocate

My advice forget wondering what God is or is not doing and get help yourself.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

"Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. ... He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord!" John Milton The Devil's Advocate

He likes to do more than watch. Ever notice it's the poor, the up the creek, the ones who are inches from destruction that get played with the most? The rich, the well off, the ones who are well heeled and connected- little tragedy hits them. They get the usual: deaths, illness, occasional car crash or home damage. The rest of us... The things we're sent thru are well out of the boundaries of 'the bible'. I know mine are!

All this talk of Jesus heals, Jesus and the angels protect. Hogwash. To use the proper term would get my post yanked. I spent 21 *years* praying for help, protection, and even things like a good woman... and ya know what I've gotten?
N*O*T*H*I*N*G*. That's right. Zip, zilch, nada, zero, nuffin, 0, goose egg.
Nothing but more torture heaped on me.

God is real, Jesus is real, but they're laughing at you, laughing at me, laughing at each unfortunate on this mudball, and the ones who are buddy buddy laugh at us, too.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

God grow up and drop the primitive mindset you have been programmed with.

We together are "god", like drops of water upon the ocenn - we are the drops of water and "god" is the ocean.

Drop the Southern Baptist/Catholic manipulative, controlling mindset.

Wake up.

Research into what "god" really is.

Your parents were wrong.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I don't like you or your avatar.

You are either disinformation agents or MIB.

GO AWAY!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Oh please. I didnt know the asylum let the inmates use the computers.

BTW- I hate you too, and I hope you get hit by a bus, or crapped on by a diarhetic elephant.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hi LightofLiberty,

I've been reading these posts and I feel it's possible that there are other forces out there but who knows what they are? No one can be one hundred percent sure of reality, that's true. If medication helps you function then don't worry about taking them.

I don't believe schizophrenics are some rare individuals who were chosen to be punished by God. Thinking about it, it doesn't make sense. There are lots of horrible people who don't have mental illnesses.

Having a mental illness does not make you any different from a preacher.

The best thing to do in your case is to try to do what you can to make things more logical and make sense. Do you wonder if the God.com popped up because of a virus, spam, or other website? You may have accidentally clicked it as well. There are explanations; although not everything can be explained, still it's better to have a grip on things in the way you feel works best for you...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Something I find quite counter-intuitive and rather ironic, is that you appear to be Just as Religious as the Fundies you rant and rave against relentlessly.

Your religion is anti-religion. But it is still a religion. So you must think you are a lunatic eh?

You believe things without seeing them, you assume things that you have no way to know, etc.

You live based on Faith, Parallex. You have Faith there is no God.

You have no Proof though. Nope. None. You are merely a religious zealot yelling your religion and trying to force it on others by "putting them into a mental institution".

Well sir, I find you to be JUST AS DANGEROUS and fundamentalist in your blind beliefs that you should join them in that asylum.

I am not religious but I can tell when someone else is and they are in denial about it. And you are in denial.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Is it possible that you could be a targeted individual (TI) do a google on targeted individuals, organized stalking, or direct energy weapons and see if any of those things fit the bill.

But i do believe in god and you could say every day is a test, but always put your faith in him.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Isaiah 45:7 quotes God as saying, “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.”

I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding that God is good and the Devil is evil, and that's that. The good guy wears white and bad guy wears black. But here God is telling Isaiah that he also creates evil. How can God be good while, not just allowing evil to take place, he is CREATING evil? Our mammalian rules based on the duality we're experiencing don't apply to God. We can attempt to understand, but very few can truly grasp this. I believe God is everything, and everything is God. We are a reflection of God and vice versa. WE are GOD. God continuously tells us this. God created man in his image. This doesn't mean we just look like God. God isn't superficial, he's not talking about surface.

Even the Devil is doing God's work, so there's nothing to fear. God likes drama. Why do you think humans like drama so much? God is the writer, director, producer, studio exec. of the story that is existence. The Devil is just an actor with an ego.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
You should have an Evil physical Thing Yard Sale .

*waves a stack of dollars in the air*
I'll take it!

Anywho...
I'm not going to take any digs at anyone on this thread, no matter how appealing it is.
But have you just considered the possibility that you're not being "tested" and that life is just difficult and hurtful because that's just how life is?
Humans have a tendency to look to externalize all the things that they find wrong with themselves and seek to do anything to make it "not MY fault" when things go wrong.
There is a very distinct possibility that there aren't "demons" plaguing you and that your faith isn't being tested by anyone other than yourself.
Which is fine, whatever gets you through the day.
But, to say that it's "demons" and whatnot, to me, is an awesome way of not having to take responsibility for actions that are solely you. (not "you" personally, I mean in general)
If there really is a "devil" character, then, being the 2nd most powerful creature (according to the specific type of cosmology you adhere to) in the universe, why oh why would he care at all about puny humans?
Honestly...if he were real, then I guarantee he would've made himself known to people like myself in a very real, very personal, very finite way.
Same as your god, same rules apply.
(in fact, I'd wager that if your god did in fact exist the way he's been portrayed by your type, then he had forsaken me long before I had forsaken him.)
Ooooookay, I've droned on enough.
I just wanted to offer perspective from the other side of the tracks.

Electromagnetic phenomena based on heightened emotions has been proven over and over again.
It happens to me all the time.
Phones, computers, street lights...all seem to go haywire when I'm around.
(at one point, I had a playstation 2 memory card in my pocket, securely fastened in it's protective case, go completely corrupt after I had a particularly heated argument with a loved one. I'm fairly sure a "demon" didn't do that.)
I'm guessing it has little to do with "demons" and everything to do with how my emotional state affects my metabolism and therefore my unique electromagnetic field.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If someone has mentioned this then please forgive.....Paul said a messinger from Satan was sent to buffet him to keep him humble. Paul said he prayed about it three times but the Lord wouldnt give him liberty from it.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

If you were diagnosed with a mental illness than that illness is the probable cause of any heavenly or hellish encounters. The fact is that these things are probably in your head even if they feel very real, if you are mentally ill the brain can malfunction causing all kinds of hallucinations - this is very common with schizophrenia.

So no, I don't think demons, or God, are involved at all. Hope you seek help and find a solution soon.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well, if you've never experienced anything out of the ordinary, then you'll firmly believe there is no God. If you want to be "hip" or "cool" and fall in-line with the non-believers, yet you plainly see the miracles of life, then you might want to say that "collectively, we're all God" - but God is truly separate from us - He's His own Entity. So I can only hope that one day you'll see or experience something miraculous - and you too will come to believe.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher
reply to post by UmbraSumus

I personally don't believe in mental disorders. I believe in demon cohabitation. Mental disorders were made up by disbelievers who had to come up with an answer.

Mental disorders are real. God is real and Satan is real.

God helps those who help themselves. She is looking for answers. Anyone can get posessed.

You have good answers to rid her of demons but she still needs medication. I think your view may be similar to scientology. Babies born with epilepsy were often called demonic. No child can be posessed.

Times have changed. I'm not trying to come down hard on you, I hope you understand. We all get tested and shouldnt give up our faith when times get bad.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightofLiberty
I was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 2008. The night before a lot of events happened I felt really good like something great was going to happen. The next morning I felt like I had been to heaven. There was enormous amount of joy that I felt, psychologically this is explained through mania, a feeling comparable to snorting coc aine, yet I did not do any drugs.

I think what's happened is that your meds may need adjusting -- I'm not saying this to be sarcastic. Changes in your body and environment can make meds quit working as well, and other medications are needed. It happened to me with the meds I take for my blood pressure, it happened to my husband with his anti-depressants.

It may be happening to you.

Some bizarre things followed that make me believe I was demonically attacked to alter the course of my life. Because of these things happening I had a diminished respect for God and I went from totally not believing to many other emotions and etcetera. During my schizophrenic episodes I experienced many things ranging from seeing five native americans in my living room to hearing demonic voice as well as hearing the most wonderful music I've ever heard.

That's pretty classic for schizophrenic episodes, really.

So, am I being tested by God? Does he allow demonic attacks?

I think it's a little more likely that you need to clear out the cookies on your web browser (you know how to do this, right?) and to check for malware and adware and spyware. I don't think it's demons. I do think it's spammers.

...speaking from experience.

I don't believe in demonic attacks.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Judging from your sentence structuring and expression of ideas you seem pretty articulate and coherent to be schizophrenic.

Just because you are sensitive to spiritual things does not mean you have a mental illness.

Here...you can call me schizophrenic for saying the following "Your spiritual antenna is cranked up a bit" that's all.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

"Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. ... He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord!" John Milton The Devil's Advocate

He likes to do more than watch. Ever notice it's the poor, the up the creek, the ones who are inches from destruction that get played with the most? The rich, the well off, the ones who are well heeled and connected- little tragedy hits them. They get the usual: deaths, illness, occasional car crash or home damage. The rest of us... The things we're sent thru are well out of the boundaries of 'the bible'. I know mine are!

All this talk of Jesus heals, Jesus and the angels protect. Hogwash. To use the proper term would get my post yanked. I spent 21 *years* praying for help, protection, and even things like a good woman... and ya know what I've gotten?
N*O*T*H*I*N*G*. That's right. Zip, zilch, nada, zero, nuffin, 0, goose egg.
Nothing but more torture heaped on me.

God is real, Jesus is real, but they're laughing at you, laughing at me, laughing at each unfortunate on this mudball, and the ones who are buddy buddy laugh at us, too.

God always answers prayer but the answer isnt always yes, especially for money or lust.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Lots of good advice in the thread. Lots of bad advice! You know what you need to do. The rest of us don't. The rest of us are just trying to help you make the correct decisions. We may be wrong, we may be right, just chooe what feels the most "rightest" and go with it. You are stronger than any spirit/demon/devil. It is only them who may you think differently. That is the great secret!!!! YOU ARE STRONGER! I will be attacked for saying that. You may be, too! YOU ARE STRONGER!!...no matter what anything tries to convince you.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
To those that are not or do not beleive in The Great Creator this is not the time nor the place to distract the OP with that nonesense as that is doing nothing positive to help out the OP. He/she came to us seeking help and help and advice we shall provide. The purpose of this thread is not to debate the existance of The Great Creator.

To the OP : Ask your Guardian Angel for assistance.

Listen to id : prophecywatcher as he/she is dead on and this is the mot accepted and recommended method for dealing with potential paranormal/spiritual/psychic matters like this very item here. This is the endorsed "Official Governmental Avenue and Procedure" sd you typically will get a response considerably faster and about 4 times faster as well then via other means. Whatever deal that this avenue and your Gurdian Angel strike you are held to it fully.

For those who feel they have no avenue go into any place and House Of Worship of any Holy Faith and explain your situation to them as they are already setup to handle these types of items.

I get a new attack plan cross my desk on an hourly basis and can sympathize with the OP but do not let it get you down and don't let it affect you. Once you react it knows it has got you ad owns you. Most times that occurs it is usually nothing more to get someone to back off of something. No. 2 use for that plan is nothing more to see the target sweat. Usually resulting in the desired result with no further action needed.

Most are written and designed to push every single one of us to our limits and well beyond. To build up our tolerance and understanding of things we currently do not or cannot fathom or know.

Did it start out like this or has it intensified since it began? Have you done anything to anyone that could now be looking to bite you in the tail now, like payback or something for stepping on someone you love or know?
Have you been snooping around somewhere that you shouldn't? (Some can and will take that as a strike or intrusion and activate their military objectives, for which they have the right to do as does all as no one deserves to be first striked, I care not who you are.).

All questions posted are merely protocol and are required.

Be kind to people, do right by your community and by others. Keep your faimly sacred, don't be mean or hateful to people, be respectful to not only your fellow human but to animals and nature as well. If you spend your days trying to make others lives better you have drastically reduced the chance of incursion or becoming a target by at least 75% as all who do typically have more protection. Those who step on people and will kick someone when they are down do not deserve a shaving of protection. To seek the Guidance of the Holy Spirit does not make one less of a "man". When you are at your absolute bottom and lowest make no mistake The Great Creator will always be there for you and will not ever abandon you.

The rich are as leveragable as those who hail form the Middle Class and can be targeted on entirely new fronts then a regular person.

Possible attack avenues or entry points (the achilee's heel).
Reguar Joe :
Kids, job, spouse, house, family, friends.

Rich Joe :
kids, job, spouse, house, family, friends, market position, market capital, inheritance, stocks, corporate holdings, business profits.

Anytime we need to leverage the rich make no mistake and have no illusion that they can be and some are currently. Threaten their money supply and they become like a puppy dog begging to be taken for a walk. They give in they get walked, they refuse thier bladder explodes plain and simple.

We will open a case and find out what is good in regards to The OP. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

[edit on 19-7-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

I personally don't believe in mental disorders. I believe in demon cohabitation.

I personally believe that people who believe in demon cohabitation are mentally disordered.

Unless, of course, the cohabitation is between consenting, adult demons.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join