It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God testing me? Does he allow demonic attacks?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher
reply to post by UmbraSumus

I personally don't believe in mental disorders. I believe in demon cohabitation. Mental disorders were made up by disbelievers who had to come up with an answer.

Do you believe in medical disorders ?

=======================================

posted by prophecywatcher

Mental disorders were made up by disbelievers who had to come up with an answer.

Funny thing that ....... i thought it was the lack of understanding relating to the functioning of the mind, that lead people to claim it was demons which were responsible for mental illnesses.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
To the OP: sorry to hear about your condition and I hope you receive the care you need. Those do sound like some crazy coincidences, but your condition unfortunately hurts your perception and I think those experiences are a result of your condition.

------

One gets the feeling that these types of threads are made by those who are Pro-religion trying to show evidence that God might exist and actually work in mysterious ways.

If you are being sincere then I will ask you these questions before you get baited by the religious folk on the prowl to recruit:
1) Why do Demons exist?
2) Why does God permit Demons to interact with humans?

[edit on 18/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Reply to post by jhill76

Correction to my post. I can't edit from the mobile site.

Through Jesus we can drive out demons. But also remember in acts another person tried to drive out a demon. The demon says I know jesus, and I know paul but who are you?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It has saved me so much heartache, headache, time, and trouble when I stopped looking for supernatural/divine reasons/interventions to my very natural/earthly problems.

Try it out, and see where you can go.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
God definitely allows demonic attacks; that's what the book of Job is all about.

I think you should ask a Christian in your life how to get born again. If you take that step, you'll find peace!

If you're concerned you may be being attacked by demonic influence, then seriously, find a Christian that you know, and ask them how to get saved, or be born again. You have nothing to lose.
Good luck.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

If you read the four gospels of the Bible the Books of Jesus, you will see that many people were demonically possessed. It is the same this day in age, except it is being labeled as mental illnesss, which is sad because the true issue is not being addressed. People are given drugs instead of the help they need for their problems.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

In addition to this there are:

Mark 9:38-39

John said to him, “Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he was not following us.” [39] But Jesus said, “Do not stop him, for no one who does a mighty work in my name will be able soon afterward to speak evil of me.

Matthew 7:22

On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’

and Luke 10:17

The seventy-two returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!”

It seems Jesus was okay with the notion of casting out demons in his name.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

This demon was very strong and could only be driven out by Jesus himself.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

1) Why do Demons exist?

They weren't always demons, at least from the Judeo-Christian point of view. What are called demons were formerly "regular" angels. They simply chose to rebel against God.

2) Why does God permit Demons to interact with humans?

Because the world that we live in is a fallen one. Until we choose to follow God and his way for salvation, we're on the demons' team so to speak. As such, they will do whatever they need to do in order to distract us from God's path.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

That is my personal belief based on my own personal experiences and my study of history that can be found in the Bible.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightofLiberty
So, am I being tested by God? Does he allow demonic attacks?

Yes and yes, God especially likes demonic attacks on a Tuesday - this is so everyone can get over the weekend and then get the "Monday blues" of course Tuesday, things look brighter so this is when the demonic attacks come, they're quite sneaky that way.

If you're concerned about your computer going a bit crazy it could be you've picked up some malware, you should be avoiding some of those tube sites!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Your statements are bothering to me. You and others like you have completely shut off your mind to possibilities, the exact OPPOSITE of what this site seems to be for.

I can understand lack of faith, but how does anyone with the smallest fraction of an open mind make such a solid decision when there is evidence/a lack of evidence for EITHER side.

[edit on 7/18/2010 by bigbert81]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Reply to post by prophecywatcher

I'm talking about acts 19:15. I want people to know they can't just go around saying in the name of jesus, I command you to come out.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85

Pretty darn insulting the way you formulated that. So you say that even though humanity has century's upon century's of religious habits dealing with supernatural, the unseen and demonic possesions, This is all a load of BS? I bet your great-great grandpa would have wanted to give you a good smacking if he heard you say this..

Insulting for a reason - because I have personally SEEN the damage that religious people cause to people with mental health issues.

Demons are as real as you and I. Only problem is that the way to get evidence for this is not something I'd wanna advice you to go try out...

Is that a fact? Funny how the evidence is always 'just out of reach' to you religious nutters.

Unless you are deadset on finding out wether this is true or not (for wich there will only be 1 possible outcome) you should not stick your nose up something you have absolutely no knowledge about and sprout such insulting remarks based on nothing then your own lack of experience..

HAHA! Lack of experience says you. There is one thing scarier than the 'idea' of your demons - REAL demons. Ii have met several - they call themselves 'Darren', 'Michael' and various other human names - because they ARE human. It's PEOPLE, humans that perpetrate demonic acts - not some magical unanswerable, intangible spirit.

Call a demon to possess me - go on, I dare you. You wont, because you don't know how, or more likely, because it's all BULL. Seriously, get back on topic and try to help the OP seek REAL professional medical and psychiatric help.

Parallex.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Parallex]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
On the question about why does he allow demons to mess with us.

If believers are turned over to satan for a little while. [This is in the word, I'm on my phone I can't pull up the exact verse.] They will call upon the Lord with a more sincere heart than they did beforehand. If evil didn't exist in this world, how could we appreciate good?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

If you read the four gospels of the Bible the Books of Jesus, you will see that many people were demonically possessed. It is the same this day in age, except it is being labeled as mental illnesss, which is sad because the true issue is not being addressed. People are given drugs instead of the help they need for their problems.

I believe alot of cases are really mental ilnesses. but alot of them could very well be hauntings to...

I read the texts 9 trough 20 of that chapter And frankly I am a bit confused. This is because of the wonders Jesus disciples should be able to perform... We Cannot perform miracles. I did some studying up and the common denomination is that it is not fact that Mark 16:9-20 is even part of the written work of Mark... I am not sure if you are giving the right advice...
No criticism intended, just healthy debate

Another thing that comes to mind is that in those verses Jesus speaks of "his disciples" being able to perform such feats... I doubt OP is one of those since a true disciple wouldn't be bothered by demons, wich in turn means it wont do him personally any good to call out Jesus name. If anything it would make him doubt at the lack of results.

The same goes offcourse when trying to accomplish the same by using the name Jehovah. But as I learned it that name kinda works like water on a blistering hot plate... demons are affraid of that name... since Jehovah is the 1 person able to condemn them

[edit on 18/7/2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

You are right, you have to be STRONG in the faith. Pesonally I would not attempt it, because God has special people chosen to do just that. But I have gotten them out of my house, but only when things just start to happen. If they are let go too long, they become stronger and it would take a special person of faith to attempt to get them out.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

You are right, you have to be STRONG in the faith. Pesonally I would not attempt it, because God has special people chosen to do just that. But I have gotten them out of my house, but only when things just start to happen. If they are let go too long, they become stronger and it would take a special person of faith to attempt to get them out.

I think you should seek out psychiatric help. Seriously. I'm not just being the reasoned, logical atheist here. I'm genuinely worried for your sanity.

I think you should also avoid using the internet - with someone as unstable as you are it's not safe.

Parallex.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

All sicknesses and so called mental illnesses are from Satan and his demons. That is where all negative energy comes from. Peace and love comes from God. After Jesus healed people from these sicknesses and demons he told them to go and sin no more.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

Thank you for sharing with us all. I have heard some accounts similar to yours from other services users living with schizophrenia and I can empathise with what a traumatic experience it must be for you. I would personally say that posting this can be healthy for you but ATS might not be the best site to publish this, but I guess it’s what you’re comfortable with. It might be worth telling a health professional about what you have been experiencing just so that they are aware of it such as your key worker or CPN (if you have one).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join