It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs over London, 9 July 2010 ..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hi, cool videos. I have seen the exact same lights in the sky over London and caught them on tape. I took the vids below when there was an aviation ban over the UK.

vimeo.com...
vimeo.com...
vimeo.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Sorry man, lanterns. I saw them at Christmas all hovering over the sky. There was no wind at ground level but they were speeding along up high, kind of nice to see but definitely looked exactly like those.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
That's what iv said anything that's not identifiable flying in the sky is termed as an unidentified flying object that's it, there not identified yet only every one is guessing what they are an unless someone comes on here and admits they are responsible for the lights they'll stay as u,f, o,'s

No sorry when they look and act exactly like lanterns and many different people say they are lanterns because in their experience they are identical then quite simply they are no longer UFO's.

Lanterns.

Sorted.

Move along.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It is rather apparent that aliens are VERY afraid of us humans,..
why else would they NEVER come close enough for us to get a real picture of them..
It also must be in there protocol to stay at a distance far enough away so humans will NEVER be able to Identify What they are..
Duh..
And they always travel slowly through the sky so they can keep the masses guessing..

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuestionTheGovernment
The Chinese lantern explanation is getting old I agree with master shen long. Honestly you can tell me with A strait face that every time there's some type of unexplainable footage someone somewhere is lighting lanterns for some reason. Come on if you can believe something that ob seen then you need to open your mind a little and give yourself the ability to entertain the thought. Basically no one wants to here your lanterns theory because it so simple minded and people with no experience viewing footage can state lantern and have other people jump on the band wagon when in all reality no one knows what is being viewed. Just remember the light from Venus reflected of the swamp gas producing what looked like something but that didn't exist nothing to see here haha it's official now.

What is it with these threads and incoherent posts?

Sheesh.

But I agree, this is definitely a fleet of UFO's. MInd blowing. Where did I leave my keys... Oh Under the paper. Yep, this video reveals just how much they're visiting us. Insane. It's ground shaking. Oh look, Lindsay Lohan has entered rahab again. Far out, shes nuts.

Oh world shattering UFO's... Oops gotta go to the bank and pay the bills.

Say hi to ET....

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'm a believer in U.F.O's and those my friend are chinese lanterns.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

DCDAVECLARKE.....

Sorry.....

Based on movement, colour, flickering, previous review of chinese lantern videos, etc...

.....those objects appear to be chinese lanterns.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Alright people please. Get some sense or something. These are obviously lanterns. For one they are on a incline the whole time and only drifting one way and two they are raising from behind that building to the far right. I know when most people see it they only watch the first 10 seconds of it and are automatically saying their UFOs. This video is a slim to none chance that these are the real deal. Anyway that was my two cents along with being my first post on ATS so yeah.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
Dont listen to these "chinese lantern" remarks..... Chinese lanterns are the new swamp gas.

No, actually chinese lanters are just simple to reconize.

On a side note, whoever manufactures "chinese lanturns" is making a killing! Apparently I'm in the wrong business.

A guy could make a pretty sweet looking UFO hoax with a few chinese lanturns and a little creativity.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Blender]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Chinese laterns should be banned outright. The idea of setting scores of little pieces of fire adrift across the landscape is outrageous. How many house fires and forest fires have these things caused, not to mention the general trash that is set down who knows where.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Neo__]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

theres always wind, if you can't feel it on the ground, you can feel it a 1000 ft in the air.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
This is getting to be a pain in the arse! every time a UFO sighting is put up on ATS all the non believers come on quick to say Chinese lanterns! well iv see a lot of UFOs an they were not Chinese lanterns give me a break!

Have you ever heard the saying "the simplest answer is often the truth"?
Sorry to burst the fantasy bubble, but these are indeed Chinese Lanterns.

Any person with even a basic scientific knowledge would know that you don't need wind (as it is felt on the ground) to have objects floating on an air current, especially when those objects are based on the principle of hot air rising.

Show me some spectacular movements, some scientific data or comparitive video that dis-proves Chinese Lanterns and I'll consider it.
But please don't just accept something MUST be a UFO simply because the alternative is so obvious and bland!

Deny Ignorance!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
A reply to the video says this
"people i was there at tower bridge and they are lanterns released for iranian students killed,they were for a memorial and a form of protest.sorry no u.f.o's."

They do look just like lanterns , move like lanterns , all have a very similar speed and direction , and you can hear wind at ground level........

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
There is NO consipiracy here my friends!

I work in London near the Meteorological Office and saw these weather balloons (made from shiny gold coloured foil) being prepared for "flight". This is a regular occurance now due to the Icelandic volcano and the amount of air traffic that goes over London.

Why does everyone automatically think of UFO's when they see something strange in the sky? You've all been watching too many movies me thinks!

90% of UFO's can be put down to birds, aircraft, balloons, weather.
The other 10% are down to people imagining things.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Can anyone show me a video that shows the lanterns moving "across" the sky, for an extended period of time? Can't assume they're lanterns until we can judge the speed and movements of the lanterns, when they're at a distance far enough to appear as the same shape as the UFOs.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
What part of "no wind whatsoever" don't people understand?

Are these "motorised chinese lanterns"?

I've seen two of these, one of them VERY close about 8 years ago. And there was no wind at all that night too. As one illuminated, the other dimmed in perfect synch. And the second one was around 1km away from the one above my head.

[edit on 16/7/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I saw two of these on boxing day this year, One of em flew about 20/30 foot directly over my head and and was moving about 40mph with little to no wind, the object from the distance i saw it was about the size of a car.

As anyone checked the wind speed and direction from that night to see if they are traveling into the wind or against it? that might count out the lantern pheory

[edit on 16-7-2010 by jonhplayer]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by harryposterl

I can read, yes. Thank you for your concern. I did what you asked and read your posts again. As I said, you did not answer my questions before I asked them. I can only guess that what you are talking about are the questions where I ask you to confirm that you knew something (eg aircraft flying around the objects/police not turning up, etc), rather than were assuming.

How about we keep this at the civil discussion it has been for the first four and a half pages, shall we? Personal digs are somewhat unnecessary.

I am not giving him a hard time, I am asking very simple questions. If you think my asking if he knows for a fact that the police didn't show up is giving him a hard time, then you must be pretty sensitive. If he thinks I'm giving him a hard time, then he can say so, and I can explain that is not the intention.

Again, is it necessary to start calling people #ers just because they don't agree with you? I assume that was directed at me mainly, since I'm the one 'giving him a hard time'?

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
What part of "no wind whatsoever" don't people understand?

Are these "motorised chinese lanterns"?

I've seen two of these, one of them VERY close about 8 years ago. And there was no wind at all that night too. As one illuminated, the other dimmed in perfect synch. And the second one was around 1km away from the one above my head.

I think it's what people do understand about "no wind whatsoever" that is important. We understand that - as has been explained several times already - just because there is no wind at ground level in no way whatsoever means there is no wind up at that altitude. As the mod said, have you never stood in a nice calm, no-wind day and seen the clouds moving overhead?

By 'one of these', I assume you mean orange glowing ball thingy, not Chinese lantern? Does the fact that you saw something 8 years ago which was not a lantern mean that these cannot possibly be lanterns either?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
In video 2 one of the object accelerates to catch up and then take over the one right next to it, how does this happen if its a lantern getting blown along by the wind? is it posable?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
IMHO these are chinese lanterns.

I say this because they are all travelling in the same direction (the direction of the wind obviously) and that they do not act in any other manner except that of being blown in the wind.

That said, I wanted to say thankyou for bringing us these videos and continue to do so, if we are all watching the skies/internet, nothing will get passed us.

FSF

Edit: I wanted to say also that just because there is no wind on the ground does not mean that there is no wind at a higher altitude.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by franspeakfree]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join