It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs over London, 9 July 2010 ..

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by harryposter

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE

dont let the f£%^&rs get to you

I think that was the first bit of swearing actually. There really is no point in trying to have a discussion with you is there? You're too stupid. You start with the personal digs, I continue to be civil, your personal digs get worse, my patience begins to fray, you try to claim I started the unpleasantries

The sad thing is, I think you actually believe it. How truly pathetic and infantile you are being. I no longer care in the least what those orange objects are - all available evidence points to Chinese lanterns, and you are unwilling to have a civil discussion about it to see if we can discount that theory. I'm done with you

[edit on 17-7-2010 by ShadowArcher]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Hilarious.
Yeah, that's exactly what I said. Astoundingly perceptive of you, but we have come to expect that of you.
OK fine, you see alien ships!
Happy now?!
You are definetly not in the ten percent!

I repeat: I saw lights in the sky. Not alien ships, not chinese lanterns, not helicopters or commercial aircrafts (I know how these look like), not Clegg put into orbit by Cameron etc.

I saw orange lights in the sky that's all, and I don't know what they were until someone INFORMED explains stupid ME what it was!

No one did so far, except all the people saying "oh I've seen chinese lanterns before over my grandma's house up there in Lincolnshire, so it was chinese lanterns, definitely".

End of story

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

You have a You Tube channel?
Guess that explains a lot!
Have fun.

Well the videos come from my youtube channel, how can I post videos on youtube without having a channel on it?

"Channel", that's how they call a "profile page" on youtube if you prefer...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Just to clarify, harryposter has NOT stated anywhere in this thread that he thinks these are alien craft. He appears open to the fact that they may be lanterns, but wants proof either way.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowArcher

Whatever.
I am not interested in this thread.
bye bye.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Whatever.
bye bye.

I don't blame you in the least - I've tried to be unbiased, but now I'm only waiting around for the mods to put this thread to rest. It's become pointless...if it was ever anything but.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I'm guessing maybe one in ten "believers" have any serious interest in UFO's. The beliver, the UFO evangelist, the uneducated, KIDS and, uh, gullible people make up the 90%.
Though I'm sceptical, I DO feel for the ten percent that really want to know. The whole field of interest is dominated by fakes, fools and frauds. It's nearly impossible to find ANYTHING that isn't a waste of time. After decades, I don't think it's even worth trying.
These threads pretty much prove that.

It is threads such as this that create these kinds of opinions and it is why i'm so annoyed at the OP and others for not accepting the very obvious truth. These videos are lanterns and the OP is utterly destroying any credibility that the UFO research field may have.

Oh my God, Chinese lanterns are a serious threat to UFO research then!

It's like all these evangelist lunatics that have jeopardised the Apollo program back in the sixties... Did that ever stop Armstrong et al to step on the moon?

Come on, how bringing in all the lantern fascists on this thread could harm the serious UFO research???

And who are they by the way, all these people who say "Oh come on, it's chinese lanterns!" Where do they come from?

Did I bring them all with me? Sorry I don't think so, they're all yours...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowArcher

I think that was the first bit of swearing actually. There really is no point in trying to have a discussion with you is there? You're too stupid. You start with the personal digs, I continue to be civil, your personal digs get worse, my patience begins to fray, you try to claim I started the unpleasantries

The sad thing is, I think you actually believe it. How truly pathetic and infantile you are being. I no longer care in the least what those orange objects are - all available evidence points to Chinese lanterns, and you are unwilling to have a civil discussion about it to see if we can discount that theory. I'm done with you

Well, let's just discount the UFO hypothesis then.

Under durress, I am saying these were Chinese lanterns!

Happy with that? Please say Yes!

I want to be done with you too, whatever shameful ways it takes.

What a waste of time (and intelligence)...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryposter

Oh grow up, one video of chinese lanterns and you start crying about it.
90% of all UFO sightings can be explained normally.
I bet the majority of the people who said these were lanterns believe in the UFO hypothesis, but because you can't stand having your video called a hoax, you lash out at them.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

All I can see in Dave's post you are quoting are a percent sign, a British Pound sign and some other ponctuation, as opposed to the insults you posted in plain English...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Just to clarify, harryposter has NOT stated anywhere in this thread that he thinks these are alien craft. He appears open to the fact that they may be lanterns, but wants proof either way.

Exactly!

What took you so long? Ran out of MJ or whatever you smoke???

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Exactly!

It has all the characteristics of being chinese lanterns mate.
The way it doesn't change direction or speed, all signs point to it being a chinese lantern.
It would be impossible to "prove" they're chinese lanterns because we didn't capture them, and we only have the video to go on.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

I bet the majority of the people who said these were lanterns believe in the UFO hypothesis, but because you can't stand having your video called a hoax, you lash out at them.

And here comes the CGI thing at last! Where have you been? We were expecting you for so long...

It's not a hoax, it's only what I taped when seeing this things.

And I repeat: "things". No UFOs, no lanterns, no planes, no ETs, no choppers, no fairies, no flying smurfes...

I saw lights in the sky that I had never seen before over London in 10 years living there. That is all I reported: bright orange lights in the sky!

I am a believer but I am not satisfied with NO explanation, one way or the other.

Until I get an explanation, being believer or not doesn't matter, I will not know what I have seen.

Is that too much to ask? At least some official explanation or record?
We called 999 that night, done our citizen thing etc.

And no one cares to explain people what it was, be it medias or govt.

Or probably, no one ever cared to investigate or bother about it, it was a Friday night in London after all...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Whatever.
bye bye.

I don't blame you in the least - I've tried to be unbiased, but now I'm only waiting around for the mods to put this thread to rest. It's become pointless...if it was ever anything but.

ShadowArcher wants the mods to put this thread down.

Maybe he's not so proud of all the stuff he has posted after all...

Or maybe he's just a fascist who doesn't like opinions diverting from his?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

And here comes the CGI thing at last! Where have you been? We were expecting you for so long...

And I repeat: "things". No UFOs, no lanterns, no planes, no ETs, no choppers, no fairies, no flying smurfes...

I saw lights in the sky that I had never seen before over London in 10 years living there. That is all I reported: bright orange lights in the sky!

I am a believer but I am not satisfied with NO explanation, one way or the other.

Until I get an explanation, being believer or not doesn't matter, I will not know what I have seen.

Or probably, no one ever cared to investigate or bother about it, it was a Friday night in London after all...

I never once said anything about CGI, don't put words in my mouth.
Just because you saw a bright orange light doesn't mean you couldn't have seen chinese lanterns.

You want an official explanation for something that happens so frequently that most people don't report it? And add onto that the fact that 90% of sightings aren't actual UFOs but have a mundane explanation? And you want an official government or media response?

Yes, you're satisfied with no answer, that seems true, especially when the overwhelming majority of people on this thread agree that it looks like chinese lanterns in the sky, and displays all characteristics of a chinese lantern.

But the problem lies when you attack people for saying chinese lantern, as if it's some stock answer that people give, when in reality, it's a stock thing that people videotape then try to pass off as UFO's.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Exactly!

It has all the characteristics of being chinese lanterns mate.
The way it doesn't change direction or speed, all signs point to it being a chinese lantern.
It would be impossible to "prove" they're chinese lanterns because we didn't capture them, and we only have the video to go on.

Well ok, you only have my video.

Watch it again (the three parts, not just the first ten seconds) and tell me there was no change in direction or speed...

Especially Part 2 at 2:25 or so

Anyway, even if you notice you will tell me it's down to swirling winds or mother nature etc.

I'm telling you that's what I taped and I'm eager to know what it was.
Nothing else.

Please enlighten me...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Well ok, you only have my video.

Watch it again (the three parts, not just the first ten seconds) and tell me there was no change in direction or speed...

Especially Part 2 at 2:25 or so

Anyway, even if you notice you will tell me it's down to swirling winds or mother nature etc.

I'm telling you that's what I taped and I'm eager to know what it was.
Nothing else.

Please enlighten me...

Yes, it appears to be due to swirling winds, but I'm sure you won't accept that answer because it doesn't fit with what you believe.
Because winds on earth high in the air? RIDICULOUS GARBAGE.

What do you want me to say?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Just because you saw a bright orange light doesn't mean you couldn't have seen chinese lanterns.

You want an official explanation for something that happens so frequently that most people don't report it? And add onto that the fact that 90% of sightings aren't actual UFOs but have a mundane explanation? And you want an official government or media response?

Yes, you're satisfied with no answer, that seems true, especially when the overwhelming majority of people on this thread agree that it looks like chinese lanterns in the sky, and displays all characteristics of a chinese lantern.

But the problem lies when you attack people for saying chinese lantern, as if it's some stock answer that people give, when in reality, it's a stock thing that people videotape then try to pass off as UFO's.

Yes I want an official explanation, or at least some start to it.

That's the least you would expect when living in a metropolis like London, I certainly wasn't the only one in millions to see these lights.

And no, I am not satisfied with this statement: looks like lanterns, so it's lanterns, period.
That's no explanation, that's stubborn religion. We had enough of this crap for thousands of years.

Sorry no, I want to hear: these WERE lanterns, not LOOKED LIKE.

Then I will be satisfied and shut my mouth.

What can you tell from tiny shiny dots on my video and how can you be so sure it was lanterns or whatever from pixel things?

Who can one seriously tell, unless there is an investigation?
Or at least something in the media or from the govt, which is not the case.

Or other actual witness statements from people who saw the same thing, not just people who saw videos of chinese lanterns before?

I called 999 and was passed from service to service, I doubt anyone ever bothered to record anything.

That may be why it lasted so long even if it was lanterns with no permission to be launched.

It was a warm Friday night in London, the warmest night of this year actually.

Maybe it impaired some of the people who were supposed to stay aware and doing the job we pay them for...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

You implied my video was a hoax. No, you actually said both words: video and hoax.

So tell me, how would you make a video hoax without CGI? With Chinese lanterns maybe?

Back to step one...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

You implied my video was a hoax. No, you actually said both words: video and hoax.

So tell me, how would you make a video hoax without CGI? With Chinese lanterns maybe?

Back to step one...

Yes, with chinese lanterns, you could hoax a UFO video.
Do you know what hoax means?
When those guys who said they caught bigfoot a couple years back didn't actually have a body, that was a hoax.
Hoax does not equal CGI.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join