It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs over London, 9 July 2010 ..

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Franspeakfree.....

I might see if I can find a met report for the 9th July with wind data on it.

That might nail the lid on this one.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Good thinking,

I got the sun setting at 21:22 using the folllowing data

London, England 51 32 N 0 5 W

Given the fact that the sun has completely disappeared I would say this was shot anytime after the 22:00 mark.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
What part of "no wind whatsoever" don't people understand?

The part where you can't be bothered to read the posts in the thread, and the part where you obviously don't understand how the atmosphere works, or concepts like fluidic drag.

See my earlier post for details.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Fair enough. I'm just irritated because I know these are the things I saw, but I can't prove it.

With the arson laws here, if someone set of this amount of chinese lanterns in Australia in the middle of our summer, you would be hunted down and publicly crucified.

They would certainly have the evening news asking for information from the public to find you. Any Australian knows I'm right with that.

I can't understand why the British police and fire department couldn't care less.

[edit on 16/7/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Hey, if these were chinese lanterns, would the person responsible maybe get in some trouble for disrupting airspace? If the Chinese closed an airport, surely you would get in some trouble.

Just seems to me that the Government would rather the matter go away than find the clown responsible.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
There are no laws concerning there use in the uk that I can find ...general dont fly near aiports etc ,but none that would stop any folk using them
same as fireworks etc...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowArcher

I don't like it when my words are misinterperated.

I don’t believe that I intended to misinterpret your words. Nor was it an accusation of any kind.

My comments were just my take on what you posted.

As you said to another poster, sometimes typed words come across as having a completely different meaning than intended.

With that said, this is why I said your comment:

A UFO wouldn't necessarily mimic a sky lantern.

came across as being confident, in the sense that if someone else had – theoretically - posted “A UFO wouldn’t necessarily be blue”, or “A UFO wouldn’t necessarily fly from the east” one would have to ask how do you know one can’t be blue or fly from the east?

There was no way I was actually questioning you, just being curious. The same applies to my saying:

I’m not denying that he may have seen a UFO personally, how can I?

and your reply:

I'm not saying that you are denying it.

There wasn’t a confrontational aspect to my question, just an observation of my own inability to question something completely personal that I therefore have no right to query. Offer an opinion on yes, doubt no.

I hope that you can understand this explanation and that we can now move along.

And with that sorted, back to the subject matter at hand. I am seriously surprised that this thread is still going.

No matter what some people need to believe, or that others have drawn logical conclusions, the lights in the sky over London at this time remains unidentified.

However, the vast body of associative evidence points towards the lights being nothing more than sky lanterns.

And I doubt if the usual rounds of continued bickering will actually resolve this issue.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

sightings, or the lights in the videos, are definitely not sky lanterns.

How do you know? Please supply your evidence.

I mean, come on, do you have any idea how huge that sky lantern must be?

Can you explain how you have come to the conclusion that the lights are “huge”? What form of triangulation did you employ?

Do you see the speed of the lights, the speed would be a "lantern" flying at over 1000 KM per hour.

Can you explain how you have come to the conclusion that the lights are moving at “1000 kph”? What form of velocity calculation did you employ?

Sky lantern,i mean thats unintelligent.

And this is where you show your hand. Always full of insults, never able to converse.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

theres always wind, if you can't feel it on the ground, you can feel it a 1000 ft in the air.

The wind up in the air of London on that date at this hour was 19mph, according to Met Office recordings.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
This is getting to be a pain in the arse! every time a UFO sighting is put up on ATS all the non believers come on quick to say Chinese lanterns! well iv see a lot of UFOs an they were not Chinese lanterns give me a break!

Have you ever heard the saying "the simplest answer is often the truth"?
[...] Deny Ignorance!

We all have heard this saying for about two thousands year now, see where it led us...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GwanFather
There is NO consipiracy here my friends!

I work in London near the Meteorological Office and saw these weather balloons (made from shiny gold coloured foil) being prepared for "flight". This is a regular occurance now due to the Icelandic volcano and the amount of air traffic that goes over London.

Why does everyone automatically think of UFO's when they see something strange in the sky? You've all been watching too many movies me thinks!

90% of UFO's can be put down to birds, aircraft, balloons, weather.
The other 10% are down to people imagining things.

Are you saying that the Met Office released hundreds of their balloons over London last Friday night, is that what you are saying?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
They are by definition UFOs.
The possibilities includes chinese lanterns and alien ET or secret terrestrial spacecraft. There are also other possibilities.
The only way of confirming the nature of the objects (presuming they were not holograms] is to capture one and analyse it.
Until then they remain UFOs - unless perhaps a Surrey person downwind e.g. a student admits to letting off tens of chinese lanterns

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonhplayer
I saw two of these on boxing day this year, One of em flew about 20/30 foot directly over my head and and was moving about 40mph with little to no wind, the object from the distance i saw it was about the size of a car.

As anyone checked the wind speed and direction from that night to see if they are traveling into the wind or against it? that might count out the lantern pheory

[edit on 16-7-2010 by jonhplayer]

Winds up in the sky over London that night were 17 to 19mph, roughly WSW to ENE.

It was zero at ground level, and maybe 5mph at the 4th floor where we live (to be honest with those who noticed some wind from the mike of the camcorder, though if you move your cam around fast you will hear something blowing even with zero wind, even on expensive HD cameras the mikes are cheap crap).

The lights we have seen were flying much more faster than 19mph.

If it was lanterns, maybe the latest models now have some motors as someone else said...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I just can't believe it. Seven pages for some chinese lanterns, i'll say that again 7 pages for chinese lanterns!. I'm seriously losing faith in ATS.

I say this as someone who believes there are indeed some odd things flying around our skies. I think the stuff that flies around is likely government drone craft, piloted remotely as human pilots couldn't deal with the g forces but even so the ibjects in the OP are obviously lanterns. I'm also rather sad to see that people can't comprehend that wind at ground level can be very different to wind speed at altitude.

This entire thread undermines serious research.

Be proud OP, you are giving our opponents some serious ammunition.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowArcher
reply to post by harryposterl

I can read, yes. Thank you for your concern. I did what you asked and read your posts again. As I said, you did not answer my questions before I asked them. I can only guess that what you are talking about are the questions where I ask you to confirm that you knew something (eg aircraft flying around the objects/police not turning up, etc), rather than were assuming

I did answered your questions before you asked them because all the answers were in my previous posts, everybody can read including your questions, and have some basic notions of chronology. Everybody but you it appears.

I don't know if the police turned out there as I wasn't there, I was watching from a distance, as I couldn't get any closer to the objects either as I cannot fly.

You are right, I was ASSUMING that the police would have stopped the silly people who would have released these stupid things if it was lanterns, because I know well my city and its police, and I can guarantee you they would have intervened within 10 minutes after the first call to 999.

I called 999 myself during the very first minutes and you can hear it on the video. We saw a commercial airplane crossing the path of the lights when preparing to land and you can hear the aircraft in the video too.

Yes you are giving me a hard time for whatever reason of yours, and yes you cannot read and keep talking bollocks and asking questions for which you have all answers before you asked them, and even after but you still don't want to understand.

This is silly, I've had enough of your blind stubborness.

Good night.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Fair enough. I'm just irritated because I know these are the things I saw, but I can't prove it.

With the arson laws here, if someone set of this amount of chinese lanterns in Australia in the middle of our summer, you would be hunted down and publicly crucified.

They would certainly have the evening news asking for information from the public to find you. Any Australian knows I'm right with that.

I can't understand why the British police and fire department couldn't care less.

Exactly!

And believe me, they don't care less here in the UK.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Exactly!

And believe me, they don't care less here in the UK.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
hey this is my first post & this is my favourite area to view, I havent read every post of this thread but looking at the video on page 1 I reckon they are military planes as they are in arrowhead formation & moving at synchronised speeds, I am a member of a british force & have seen this before, I joined this site as Im interesting in finding out stuff I didnt know before & what the government is trying to hide. What I have learned recently is that alot of UFO's are infact foreign spy planes & are used for recconiasence missions or as satellite interceptors which jams signals & data information sent. This is very useful to any enemy & from what I understand, we are playing a game of catch up with the likes of the americans & russians in this sort of technology.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabbi
hey this is my first post & this is my favourite area to view, I havent read every post of this thread but looking at the video on page 1 I reckon they are military planes as they are in arrowhead formation & moving at synchronised speeds, I am a member of a british force & have seen this before, I joined this site as Im interesting in finding out stuff I didnt know before & what the government is trying to hide. What I have learned recently is that alot of UFO's are infact foreign spy planes & are used for recconiasence missions or as satellite interceptors which jams signals & data information sent. This is very useful to any enemy & from what I understand, we are playing a game of catch up with the likes of the americans & russians in this sort of technology.

Silent military planes?

If the government was trying to hide something, why would they fly top secret military planes OVER LONDON and in such a huge number?

This is ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
steady on this is my first post... jeez, how do you know they are not british planes themselves on the way to conduct an operation, they werent static like many UFO sightings, I dont know what to believe to be honest, theres far too much going on in the world that its too much for anyone to have to worry about, this is just my favourite area of conspiracy as I do believe in alien life but just from what Ive learned recently has settled my mind a bit & all thats going on is we are all gathering intelligence from eachother to give ourselves the best possible chance against future threats

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join