It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs over London, 9 July 2010 ..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Dozens of totally silent bright orange lights were flying across the sky over London for about 30 minutes in total, appearing from above the south-west horizon and disappearing to the north-east.
Whatever it was, UFOs or chinese lanterns, we had never seen anything like that before.
Weather conditions were clear sky and no wind whatsoever, so I really doubt it was chinese lanterns considering their speed and consistent direction in those conditions. Also, the orange lights were never flickering as with most lanterns, they looked constantly and steadily bright.
There is nothing in the news about it, has anyone else in or around London witnessed the same thing?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
yeah seen these before

just lanterns dave

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Smiler74

Well the French cat says in the last vid that they could'n be lanterns because of the fact there was no wind an they were moving to fast!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Dont listen to these "chinese lantern" remarks..... Chinese lanterns are the new swamp gas.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Wasn't there some kind of football competition going on that day - something pretty global - that could possibly explain why a specific group of people were celebrating their team's victory by releasing chinese lanterns, lanterns that rose into the air and found high-level air currents?

Justa thought.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This is getting to be a pain in the arse! every time a UFO sighting is put up on ATS all the non believers come on quick to say Chinese lanterns! well iv see a lot of UFOs an they were not Chinese lanterns give me a break!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
You know they do look like Chinese Lanterns

just an observation..

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
How many lanterns have you seen to make such a comparison? is there a flood of lanterns all over the world all of a sudden huh!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

This is getting to be a pain in the arse! every time a UFO sighting is put up on ATS all the non believers come on quick to say Chinese lanterns!

Who told you that I’m a “non believer”?

well iv see a lot of UFOs an they were not Chinese lanterns give me a break!

I’m very pleased that you’ve been so lucky to have seen lot (sic) of UFOs. Are you stating that your sightings, or the lights in the videos, are definitely not sky lanterns?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
This is getting to be a pain in the arse! every time a UFO sighting is put up on ATS all the non believers come on quick to say Chinese lanterns! well iv see a lot of UFOs an they were not Chinese lanterns give me a break!

This is one of the reasons I don't actually create new threads on ATS. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for questioning things and trying to find the truth, however so many people who claim to be looking for the truth are actually just set in their ways and are often unwilling to change their mind once they've decided what's what.

A good example of this was when the volcano erupted in Iceland and Sky News shot some video of it where a flock of birds was flying in a V formation in the foreground of the shot and the volcano was in the background. All of a sudden people were screaming "UFO!" because they hadn't seen the full version of the video (which I had when it was broadcast) and no amount of reason or confirmation from other members that it was just birds would change those peoples minds. And the reasoning behind their arguments was just ridicules.

However I digress. I liked the vids and I quite like the idea of UFO's flying near where I used to work.

Rev

[edit on 15/7/2010 by revmoofoo]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Also, the orange lights were never flickering as with most lanterns, they looked constantly and steadily bright.

You can see them flickering in the video so how you can tell such a blatant lie with a straight face is beyond me. The reason this hasn't been reported is undoubtedly down to the fact that these are sky lanterns.

Label me what you like, I don't care. I have seen a UFO myself and labelled a "believer" (not in aliens, but the UFO phenomenon as something more than mundane objects misidentified), these are sky lanterns and people like you bring the subject in to disrepute. The true disinformation agents are not "debunkers"...

Ram

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Same kind..

different place..

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

How many lanterns have you seen to make such a comparison? is there a flood of lanterns all over the world all of a sudden huh!

Well, if you Google “Sky Lanterns”, you come up with 349,000 hits and countless places to buy them.

And, if you do the same on Youtube, you get over 1,700 vids.

I’m not discounting the possibility of UFOs flying over London, just questioning why – if the objects in the videos are ET technology – they are showing themselves blatantly, yet mimicking known terrestrial objects?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

I used the word "ALL" non believers, you do understand what the word all means? if so then dont patronize me !

"I’m very pleased that you’ve been so lucky to have seen lot (sic) of UFOs. Are you stating that your sightings, or the lights in the videos, are definitely not sky lanterns"

Very pleased indeed! how condescending! yes is the answer! i bet you have never seen a ufo in your life because if you had you would know the difference between the two!

[edit on 15-7-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I saw an orange fireball uncloak into a silver triangular ship...every time these fireballs are seen they now call them chinese lanterns ..quite convenient...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

is there a flood of lanterns all over the world all of a sudden huh!

Well, yes, actually.

I'm not saying these are Chinese lanterns or UFOs because I have no intention of watching the videos. However, I just wanted to note that just because there is no wind on the ground certainly does not mean there is none way up there where those things are.

EDIT: Not to become a target of your inexplicable wrath, but 'yes' doesn't actually answer beamish's question.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by ShadowArcher]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Look at this Website and scroll down the comments to the User with the profile: exigo

I'll quote:
Posted: Friday 9 July 2010 11.23pm.
"Chinese lanterns floated down the Thames this evening. A beautifully tranquil sight"

Not much but proof that Chinese lanterns were in the London area that night from an impartial witness.
maybe it would be a good idea to contact him to confirm this...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

This atha take the wind out of your sails, i just pasted the comment off youtube, its the people who shot the vid talking here an there French!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

ive seen an orange fireball ufo, and i can say absolutly that once youve seen one you know that it is most definitly not a chinese lantern, I dont really shout the words ' s**t were gonna be hit by a meteor, christ is this it?' when i see a chinese lantern.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Smiler74

i was laying in bed a while ago with the window opposite me and the curtains open. i was laying there watching crap on tv when something caught my eye, i almost made a mess in my pants i was so excited for a moment, i thought i was witnessing my first ufo!! the excitment only lasted a moment until i realised it was a lantern type thing. i was gutted!!

do i think the orbs in the video above look anything like a lantern type thing?

No i don't! the orbs in the video move and glow differently.

can you agree that aliens/ufo exist and visit us? do you agree that some are from other planets, some are from other dimensions, some are hoaxes/lantern type things and some are from this planet that belong to the military complexes of various countries?

whether or not the ufo in a particular video is a moot point really. they exist and we are being visited. end of isn't it? do we really need a government to tell us?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join