It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs over London, 9 July 2010 ..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Actually, I'm a believer but I don't like being insulted by what is so obviously classic lanterns. Somebody had a party. They released some lanterns. Somebody else video taped them in the air and claimed they are UFO's. Not a difficult concept.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Actually, I'm a believer but I don't like being insulted by what is so obviously classic lanterns. Somebody had a party. They released some lanterns. Somebody else video taped them in the air and claimed they are UFO's. Not a difficult concept.

Jeez guys! I never claimed they were UFOs for Christ's sake!

Read my posts again if you can be bothered.

It's amazing to see how obstinate some people claiming to be "sane" are, compared to the ones that are supposed to be nuts...

I tend to be a believer too but never pretended these were UFOs rather than lanterns, all I said in all my posts is: I DON'T KNOW.

And I raised some questions, that's all.

Now if you cannot be bothered to read properly what I have written except the title of my video, there is really no point in argueing whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'll be honest and say that they do not appear to be UFOs, to me. There's nothing about the behaviour of the objects that is particularly striking in any way, such as advanced technology / motion, goes. I'm always interested in UFO video footage, though.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
sightings, or the lights in the videos, are definitely not sky lanterns. I mean, come on, do you have any idea how huge that sky lantern must be?
Do you see the speed of the lights, the speed would be a "lantern" flying at over 1000 KM per hour.
Get real--hehe

Sky lantern,i mean thats unintelligent. Even with no wind at that speed would wreck any lantern into pieces.

Since its moving, its either planets or extra terrestrial planes. NOT human planes,impossible..

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Snow.In.Summer

What does not appeal as a ufo for you
? Can you identify it? If you cant identify it,it is a ufo.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Make a latern who can fly at 1000 KM\h+ ,with those movements and that size.

I double dare you

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
you say there was no wind whatsoever...yet i can hear the wind blowing by your camera's mike in the first clip. no change in direction or speed, looks like chinese lanterns to me.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

To be honest, I really can't tell the speed. That would require someone with more expert knowledge than I.

The type of UFO footage that really interests me is when they move in ways that seems to be beyond human technology, that I know of ...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
That's what iv said anything that's not identifiable flying in the sky is termed as an unidentified flying object that's it, there not identified yet only every one is guessing what they are an unless someone comes on here and admits they are responsible for the lights they'll stay as u,f, o,'s

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
they do look like chinese lanterns, that said it looks like they were moving fast for weather conditions. very interesting though

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by harryposter

You answered my questions after I asked them, not before - generally people don't read a question, answer it, and then get annoyed that it was asked because they just answered it.

Something about the whole police thing is a little jarring here - is it just me? Are you saying that the objects were a steady stream for 30 minutes (ie the first ones disappear into the distance, but new ones are still appearing - in the case of lanterns, being released constantly). I was thinking there was a set number of them and they were in view for 30 minutes.

You are saying the police didn't turn up to stop anything - wouldn't you have to be able to see the people releasing lanterns to know that no police showed up? In otherwords, wouldn't you have to know where the objects were originating from to know that no police arrived there? I don't understand why the police wouldn't show up anyway, thinking that lanterns were being released; unless they knew what it was.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by ShadowArcher]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

You have no possible way of knowing what speed the objects are going because you have no idea how far away they are or what size they are. Unless you are willing to show your work (just like school) I, for one, would appreciate it if you did not make such unsubstantiated claims.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowArcher

i think what he meant was you would think the police an air traffic control would do something about these things as they are a hazard to the flight path over london thats all! why give him a hard time about it?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
you say there was no wind whatsoever...yet i can hear the wind blowing by your camera's mike in the first clip. no change in direction or speed, looks like chinese lanterns to me.

There was no wind at ground level and some wind at higher altitude over London, 17 to 19mph according to official weather recordings at that time.
Much slower than the speed of these things anyway...

No change in direction or speed? Check again.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowArcher

You answered my questions after I asked them, not before - generally people don't read a question, answer it, and then get annoyed that it was asked because they just answered it.

Nonsense: check again the posts I posted BEFORE you asked me those questions, you will find all the answers to your questions by reading these, if you can read.

It's getting really boring having to repeat a hundred times the same thing for people who obviously don't want to understand.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

At first I was going to say Chinese Lanterns because of the the way they glide but you say there was no wind... also I thought (I maybe wrong) but Chinese lanterns only burn for about 30seconds to a minute?

Also around this time I witnessed 3 starlike objects moving and then one stopped and remained stationary for awhile and I had a couple of witnesses. So they can't all be lanterns.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

No, sorry but they can last up to 20 minutes + depending on the type of lantern...

lanterns

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Old saying, dont let the f£%^&rs get to you!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The video shows lanterns.

Windspeed at ground level is not the same as windspeed at 50ft up, or 100 ft up, or higher.

Wind/air movement is subject to drag on the earths surface. At ground level there are surface fluctuations and buildings that add to the drag. At height there is no drag at all.

Its entirely possible to not feel a breeze and still see clouds moving overhead. Think about it.

The lanterns rise on the heat from their burners, in the same manner as a hot air balloon does. Once they get past the "cluttered" air they will move.

Its also entirely possible for lanterns at different heights to move in different directions due to wind shear

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Here is my thread on Fiery Orange objects and I had a personal encounter with one just above my house as I was driving home around the hours of 21:00 - 22:00hrs not the pleasent sort of thing you'd want to bump into in the middle of the evening.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's a few pictures on this thread and on this website there has been many sightings reported since May this year.

www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

Also in my local there has been looaaaadssss of sightings!

Also wanted to say that here is proof of my sighting as I posted up on the 25th of June 2010 on this website and it was looked into and confirmed and has been put onto this website:

www.ufoinfo.com...

People all around the world should be allowed to know that something's not right and not enough has been said about the matter!

[edit on 15-7-2010 by DClairvoyant]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join