It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs over London, 9 July 2010 ..

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabbi
steady on this is my first post... jeez, how do you know they are not british planes themselves on the way to conduct an operation, they werent static like many UFO sightings, I dont know what to believe to be honest, theres far too much going on in the world that its too much for anyone to have to worry about, this is just my favourite area of conspiracy as I do believe in alien life but just from what Ive learned recently has settled my mind a bit & all thats going on is we are all gathering intelligence from eachother to give ourselves the best possible chance against future threats

I know it because I am the original poster of these videos, so I am the one to have witnessed these things in the first place.

I can tell you there was no sound whatsoever coming from them.

You're in the army now? Good for you but please spare me the speech about future threats, I can hear that all day long on Sky News.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish

I don’t believe that I intended to misinterpret your words. Nor was it an accusation of any kind.

My comments were just my take on what you posted.

I know, but you got a different meaning from what I posted to what I intended, and I don't like people to think that I'm arguing or making statements that I'm not....it leads to back and forth replies lengthening threads to needless proportions

in the sense that if someone else had – theoretically - posted “A UFO wouldn’t necessarily be blue”, or “A UFO wouldn’t necessarily fly from the east” one would have to ask how do you know one can’t be blue or fly from the east?

But this is what I mean - you appear to be taking the term 'not necessarily' to mean that it has to be the opposite. As I understand it, 'not necessarily' simply means that it doesn't have to be what is stated. So in that example, it would mean that the UFO wouldn't definitely be blue, it might be anything, including blue. See what I mean?

or your reply...

I'm not saying that you are denying it.

I just wondered if you might be referring to a part later in my post, and wanted to be sure that you knew I wasn't accusing you of denying anything

I hope that you can understand this explanation and that we can now move along.

And with that sorted, back to the subject matter at hand. I am seriously surprised that this thread is still going.

I do understand - I think we're pretty much saying the same thing to each other
And I think I may be partly to blame for it still going, with all my questions. Sadly, it appears my questions are unwelcome for some reason.

And I doubt if the usual rounds of continued bickering will actually resolve this issue.

Just to be clear, again (not that I'm saying that was directed at me!!), that my intention is not to bicker with anyone (though a certain other poster is making it difficult), just to clear up my meanings

Originally posted by harryposter

I did answered your questions before you asked them because all the answers were in my previous posts, everybody can read including your questions, and have some basic notions of chronology. Everybody but you it appears.

Still you insist on being unpleasant. It makes little difference what you think you answered, so I won't argue.

I don't know if the police turned out there as I wasn't there, I was watching from a distance, as I couldn't get any closer to the objects either as I cannot fly.

You are right, I was ASSUMING

THANK YOU!! That is all I was asking!

Yes you are giving me a hard time for whatever reason of yours, and yes you cannot read and keep talking bollocks and asking questions for which you have all answers before you asked them, and even after but you still don't want to understand.

Took me several tries to write this sentence without lowering myself to the level above. As I said to DCDAVECLARKE, my intention is to get the facts as clear as possible - that means asking questions. Nowhere have I suggested that you are lying or anything close to that; I am unsure why you think I am giving you a hard time, but it is certainly not the intention. If you believe I cannot read (I assume not literally) that's fine - I wonder though if you took the time to read the part of my post where I said I am not taking a side. If you had, you would not be accusing me of not wanting to understand

This is silly, I've had enough of your blind stubborness.

What am I being stubborn about? I have already stated that I am not choosing to believe either side of this discussion (which you seem intent on turning into an argument). Again, i am trying to get facts straight. That means finding out what is fact and what is assumption.

There is one outstanding question I asked, could you let me know, please? I wondered if the objects were being 'released' (for want of a better word) continuously for the 30 minutes, or if it was a set number of them which were visible for 30 minutes.

Thanks

[edit on 17-7-2010 by ShadowArcher]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowArcher

I don't know if the police turned out there as I wasn't there, I was watching from a distance, as I couldn't get any closer to the objects either as I cannot fly.

You are right, I was ASSUMING

THANK YOU!! That is all I was asking!

Well don't thank me yet...

You quoted only my first few words and took them out of context. Typical...

The full sentence was:

"You are right, I was ASSUMING that the police would have stopped the silly people who would have released these stupid things if it was lanterns, because I know well my city and its police, and I can guarantee you they would have intervened within 10 minutes after the first call to 999."

The whole thing lasted for 30 minutes, and to answer your last question already answered for before you even asked it: the things were appearing constantly over the 30mn, not as a single batch that lasted for 30mn.

Just watch the videos if you can be bothered, and you wouldn't be asking useless questions again and again.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Look all that happened was yea see orange lights drifting across the sky yea pick up your camera an yea shoot then yea put it up on here an hay presto yea get hammered saying your this or your that! give the man a break !were all in the same boat just looking at the sky an recording what we see, why give a man a hard time because of that..

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
Look all that happened was yea see orange lights drifting across the sky yea pick up your camera an yea shoot then yea put it up on here an hay presto yea get hammered saying your this or your that! give the man a break !were all in the same boat just looking at the sky an recording what we see, why give a man a hard time because of that..

Don't worry Dave, I'm used to this now and can deal with it.
Believe it or not, I have seen worse than that before...

Who cares about Chinese Lanterns Fascists anyway?
They are all over the place: UFO sighting? Chinese lanterns!
Boxing Day tsunami? Chinese lanterns!
911? Chinese lanterns! (or inside job, make your pick...)
Man on the moon? Chinese lanterns!
ShadowArcher's wife left him? Chinese lanterns!

In other times, they would have been the Spanish Inquisition...

Thanks for your support anyway, I really appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I suppose people give you a hard time when despite being told what this is from multiple sources who have seen the same thing you still deny it. When people who believe in strange craft in our atmosphere also say quite simply that these are lanterns and post pictures and videos of identical objects which are known lanterns and you still don't accept it.

Most of all, at least in my opinion, when we have a 7 page thread because of some lanterns and various people refusing to see the truth it undermines serious research into UFO's and gives opponents of the UFO phenomenon some serious ammunition to write us off as paranoid, delusional, morons.

That, at least in my opinion is a source of annoyance in this thread.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by harryposter

Question,
Why are you so deremined to reject any rational explanation of wha you saw?
you have posted your footage multiple times here on ATS, yet seem absolutly obssesed with insisting there IS NO explanation for what you saw?
At first I thought you were sincere, but now........?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Just wait and see, after they run out of the Chinese lanterns argument, I'm sure they will come with the CGI one, as some did in their comments on my youtube channel.

I can't wait for this...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

You have a You Tube channel?
Guess that explains a lot!
Have fun.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Just wait and see, after they run out of the Chinese lanterns argument, I'm sure they will come with the CGI one, as some did in their comments on my youtube channel.

I can't wait for this...

For gods sake people have shown videos of chinese lanterns and they are identical. do you have any idea of what you are doing? You are utterly destroying serious UFO research with comments like this, you are giving people ammunition to throw at us when we find something that is genuinely difficult to explain.

Not every light in the sky is a UFO!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

What do you mean by that? sounds a bit on the personal side to me!
iv got a youtube channal an so have a lot of my friends, want to make something about that?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I'm guessing maybe one in ten "believers" have any serious interest in UFO's. The beliver, the UFO evangelist, the uneducated, KIDS and, uh, gullible people make up the 90%.
Though I'm sceptical, I DO feel for the ten percent that really want to know. The whole field of interest is dominated by fakes, fools and frauds. It's nearly impossible to find ANYTHING that isn't a waste of time. After decades, I don't think it's even worth trying.
These threads pretty much prove that.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Question,
Why are you so deremined to reject any rational explanation of wha you saw?
you have posted your footage multiple times here on ATS, yet seem absolutly obssesed with insisting there IS NO explanation for what you saw?
At first I thought you were sincere, but now........?

Sorry, just because "Chinese lanterns this, chinese lanterns that etc." is not enough of an explanation to me. Is it?

It's just the easiest way to brush it off, but to date I repeat I STILL DON'T KNOW what it was, for a lack of it in the news, whatever it was.

Saying "I have seen Chinese lanterns before so I know what I'm talking about", or "I have launched Chinese lanterns myself from the beach neaar my house, so I know what I'm talking about" etc. doesn't add any evidence whatsoever to what it was. It actually brings nothing constructive at all.

Especially when this happened over a major city like London in such numbers and for such a long time, considering all the other points I have raised about security and air traffic control etc. in all of my other posts...

I want to believe, but for now I am not believing anything as I don't know if it was UFOs or Chinese lanterns, as no one brought any evidence of the one or the latter so far.

There is no rational explanation by saying "It's orange and it's a light, so it's necessarily a Chinese lantern and nothing else".
It's like saying it's yellow and it has wheels, so it's obviously a Taxi.

These are no explanations whatsoever, these are just opinions.
Opinion is no evidence, that's all I am saying.

Until someone brings proof (as opposed to interpreting what one sees on the video based on his own experience rather than on facts), that it was indeed Chinese lanterns, or at the contrary UFOs, and until that someone reffers to the exact same place (London) on the same date (9 July) at the same time (1030-1100pm) with some evidence, I remain undecided and will keep a neutral and open position.

I do welcome all testimonies and of course rational explanations of what happened that night over London. This has not happened yet.
Not in this thread, not on this site, not in the news. Nowhere.

That's all I am saying. Nothing more, nothing less.

Have I been clear enough this time?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I'm guessing maybe one in ten "believers" have any serious interest in UFO's. The beliver, the UFO evangelist, the uneducated, KIDS and, uh, gullible people make up the 90%.
Though I'm sceptical, I DO feel for the ten percent that really want to know. The whole field of interest is dominated by fakes, fools and frauds. It's nearly impossible to find ANYTHING that isn't a waste of time. After decades, I don't think it's even worth trying.

So you are some kind of well-informed Illuminati waiting for some disclosure that we, the "populace" that see lights in the sky shouldn't ever try to know about because we are not worth it, just because we see lights in the sky and are stupid enough to report it, thus causing damage to the wise people that know it all?

How open-minded is that...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

How did I take your words out of context, you braindead little #wit?! I asked if you knew for fact, you said you did not; I quoted that part to thank you, and highlight that part where you actually answered me.

And please tell me you aren't really stupid enough to still be claiming that I'm a 'chinese lantern fascist'. I have stated clearly more than once that I am not taking sides - I cannot tell you how #ing moronic you are being.

What the # is your problem? I have you making personal digs at me, DCDAVECLARKE doing it to everyone who has a differing opinion to him, and now you're both trying to make out that we're all being hard on you. Grow up. In fact, before this page, I'm pretty sure only one poster suggested that you personally were saying they were absolutely not lanterns - everyone else is giving their opinion and you are taking it as an attack on you. #in pathetic.

I hope you realise that until you came in and started being an asshole to people, this was a civil discussion.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowArcher

How did I take your words out of context, you braindead little #wit?! I asked if you knew for fact, you said you did not; I quoted that part to thank you, and highlight that part where you actually answered me.

And please tell me you aren't really stupid enough to still be claiming that I'm a 'chinese lantern fascist'. I have stated clearly more than once that I am not taking sides - I cannot tell you how #ing moronic you are being.

What the # is your problem? I have you making personal digs at me, DCDAVECLARKE doing it to everyone who has a differing opinion to him, and now you're both trying to make out that we're all being hard on you. Grow up. In fact, before this page, I'm pretty sure only one poster suggested that you personally were saying they were absolutely not lanterns - everyone else is giving their opinion and you are taking it as an attack on you. #in pathetic.

I hope you realise that until you came in and started being an asshole to people, this was a civil discussion.

Oh, here come the insults...

Lacking of arguments maybe?

Indeed it was a civil discussion, until you just started the first swearing and bird-names ever on this thread.

Good. That shows who you really are, thank you so much for this!

At last you show your true face...

Good night Sir

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Hilarious.
Yeah, that's exactly what I said. Astoundingly perceptive of you, but we have come to expect that of you.
OK fine, you see alien ships!
Happy now?!
You are definetly not in the ten percent!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

It is threads such as this that create these kinds of opinions and it is why i'm so annoyed at the OP and others for not accepting the very obvious truth. These videos are lanterns and the OP is utterly destroying any credibility that the UFO research field may have.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I hate to say chinese lanterns, but they really seem to be.
Going a consistant speed the entire time and not changing direction? Ehh..
I really think hoaxers are starting to realize chinese lanterns now just to mess with people, a real blow for UFOlogy.
FYI: I believe in UFO's, just thought I should say that before I get attacked for being a evil skeptic who says chinese lanterns to everything.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Look at my earlier post TARANIS and I swear this is exactly what I saw, now I live by the Sea, the nearest land mass being jersey or France, both well over two hundred miles away, and you call them Chinese Lanterns, lol yea some lanterns to stay lit for that Journey! I am reviewing what I believed to be a UCAV unmanned aircraft, to UFO. What else can they be, WOW! I swear you had to see them to believe it!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join