It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo Of The UFO That Shut Down The China Airport!!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
What annoys me even more is all these people jumping to conclusions without reading this thread.

It's already been established at this point that the pictures are probably unrelated to this particular event.

link   
reply to post by JimOberg

"Or do you think you deserve a one-on-one remedial tutorial?"

Jim , you use this exact line repeatedly , I find that it is insulting both in its language and inferred meaning ,to the members and to those who may indeed be mentally challenged, that you always seem pick this line out of your hat and direct it at some unfortunate individual .

To take this constructively maybe a thread or a point in a helpfull direction is needed ....not insults , they do you no benefit at all as you have a lot of knowledge,which if not shared is indeed pointless knowing

peace .....g

link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by Chadwickus
It's a long exposure of what looks like a helicopter.

Which would match up with what the article says about it involving the Chinese military.

So, I wonder why a Chinese military chopper was hovering near the airport?

I wonder how a "helicopter" could be "unidentified".

Not only that, but the object doesn't appear to be blurred at all. You can clearly see the outline of it as well as the side marker lights. If this was a long exposure, those lights would have light trails behind them... C'mon people, let not just toss out nonsense.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

Yes, a plane leaving a contrail would show on radar. However, I don't think that there is any reason to think that what people saw was the same thing that caused the closure of the airport.

The image and the description are a perfect match for a sunset lit contrail.

Stunned witnesses reported seeing a comet-like fireball in the sky and a number of local residents took photos of the strange ball of light.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Please note that the second image in the article has nothing to do with this incident, it is of this event:
english.people.com.cn...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0R10N
If this was a long exposure, those lights would have light trails behind them

Not if the lights are blinking.

A moving object, with blinking lights, would exhibit the exact appearance as we see from the "object" in the photo, which does appear to be a long-ish exposure photo.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Latest Development!

Chinese Gov to keep this incident confidential!. Here's a spoiler from a guy who posted online secretly for some inside stories

Original Post here
tieba.baidu.com...

I used Google Translate

I have a buddy of Qin Ge is to work in the Xiaoshan airport, is the control center. He told me that the reality of that day out on their radar is a giant strip of the object, look high in the 3,200 meters. Instant route through the north The high altitude, they rule out all possibilities in the same time, for the time being classified as a UFO, because considering the seriousness of things, the airport was strictly confidential and stop measures caused delays to flights. Later Hangzhou Military Air Force people to the airport was lengthy negotiations, once again ruled out any man-made aircraft. including military weapons, including against any object. This UFO incident has been upgraded to secrecy level.
Listen my friend said his brother told him that should not belong to human technology aircraft, because whether it is its huge, its speed, its light system .. do not belong on earth has technology areas.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
According to the "World Aeronautical Press Agency", the UFO was spotted later over the cities of WUXI and NINGBO.

This would mean that from HANGZHOU airport it travelled approx. 200km NORTH to WUXI and then approx. 270km SOUTH-EAST to NINGBO

Or

From HANGZHOU airport it travelled approx. 150km EAST to NINGBO and then approx 270km NORTH-WEST to WUXI.

Either way, if this is true it moved approx. 500km back and forth.

www.avionews.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
People seem so wrapped up in that photo (the helicopter one) and it's zero to do with the other story.

It was said from the off that no one could see it visually and it was only on radar so that kind of makes that photo analysis pointless.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

its a meteor! any fool can see that. you can even tell its breaking gup which makes it seem like it has windows

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by moskov2012

So we are to believe this “friend of a friend”? With no information to back it up, wouldn’t this be speculation at most?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Nice hat, it suits you quite nicely so far.

How about acting like somebody who has been posting on ATS since 2007 and staying on topic, instead of instigating/trolling new members because you feel you have something to prove to yourself.

- Fry

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

well ..my friends, brothers, cousin , went to The Great Wall yesterday
After a chat with a local resident and ordering his food he was told unofficailly that the object was a cloud with a monkey type character and a fellow with pigs ears .......

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

This article may have an actual image of what people saw (or not)...a sunlit contrail.
www.china.org.cn...

There's nothing on that page that states that photograph has anything to do with this event. It could be a stock photo.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Or it was really HIGH over head between these places and its location is an approximation of its bearing ,,there is NO suggestion of a change of direction...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gambon

Or it was really HIGH over head between these places and its location is an approximation of its bearing ,,there is NO suggestion of a change of direction...

True, but then you would expect it to be seen by the other dozen cities in between Wuxi and Ningbo.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk
Why does every object in the photo look double blurred but the "ufo" is not double blurred? Plus somethings up with the powerline. Part of it is above the line and the other below.

I don't know the validity of the photo or event -- but the "double blur" makes a lot of sense if it is an actually "Flying object"

When following a distant moving object with a camera -- you might be tracking it with your lens, so close objects are blurred while the distant object is in focus -- this is more apparent when it's dark (reducing focal length gives you more light). Likely as well, this might have had one of those "red eye" flashes that flicker -- so you see double-images of closer objects because the get the strobe of the flash.

So perhaps a 1/10th of a second shutter speed because there isn't much light in the sky, as the camera is moving, the flash strobe effect exposes nearby objects with a "double vision" effect. If anything, the visual abnormalities make this MORE believable.

However -- I can't say anything for that image in the background. It's too easy to doctor.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

well ..my friends, brothers, cousin , went to The Great Wall yesterday
After a chat with a local resident and ordering his food he was told unofficailly that the object was a cloud with a monkey type character and a fellow with pigs ears .......

Ok. what do you suggest? Sarcasm is only way?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well if it is to believed that China will consider this to be top-secret, won't this case be all but closed?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

"Or do you think you deserve a one-on-one remedial tutorial?"

Jim , you use this exact line repeatedly , I find that it is insulting both in its language and inferred meaning ,to the members and to those who may indeed be mentally challenged, that you always seem pick this line out of your hat and direct it at some unfortunate individual .

To take this constructively maybe a thread or a point in a helpfull direction is needed ....not insults , they do you no benefit at all as you have a lot of knowledge,which if not shared is indeed pointless knowing

peace .....g

So you're going off in a snit and will get even with me by REFUSING to do any original research on the case. That'll teach me.

Suck it up. Hundreds of threads on this site are full of self-esteem-inflation mutual ego-stroking and excuse-making about how all the denizens are better informed and smarter than their parents and siblings and spouses.

It's easy enough to find them.

But really digging into this JEN-YOU-WINE mystery may need a little more intellectual backbone and a thicker skin.

I little in-your-face taunting may be just what you need now and then.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by JimOberg]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by moskov2012
I have a buddy of Qin Ge is to work in the Xiaoshan airport, is the control center. He told me that the reality of that day out on their radar is a giant strip of the object, look high in the 3,200 meters. Instant route through the north The high altitude

Interesting...

Your information of "north" suggests to me that the UFO came over China's eastern seaboard in a North-Westernly direction (meaning it must have come from over the Pacific, and should have perhaps been sighted in northern Australia), moved over Ningbo towards the Xiaoshan airport, and then changed direction completely and went north to Wuxi.

(That's if the reports of witnesses are true)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join