It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunlight does NOT cause skin cancer!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
So, to sunbath nude should really help fight breast cancer.

I can see why it is banned in most places.

edit ti add, a rare S & F

[edit on 7-7-2010 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReeVeeR
Think sunlight alone can cause skin cancer? So did I! But according to the guy in this video, it doesn't. In fact, it actually protects against skin cancer! Watch and see for yorself. Very interesting stuff.

Watch this video

Your right and WRONG !!! It's to much sunlight that causes skin cancer the words TO MUCH thats the important part!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I believe all cancer is manifested from anger and lowly vibrations - including stress.

link   
I believe all cancer is manifested from anger and lowly vibrations - including stress.

link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

What is the rate of skin cancer among native african tribes? What is the rate among african americans? I know aboriginal people have bad cancer rates, but what do they eat?

They have bad rates of cancers probably by not eating foods that their ancestors ate, like not eating enough fish or seeds or native meats like deer, not eating foods that are native to their region.

This is especially true for diabetes. In British Columbia members of a tribal community who had diabetes (very high among native Canadians) went in a large study group where they ate food from a community-style eating setting, and it was discovered they could resolve their diabetes if they ate foods that were native to their region. In other words no fried, sugary or imported foods that non-natives are generally used to consuming with a lower rate of ill effects.

Undoubtedly chemicals play a big part in cancers but they're everywhere in pesticides, fertilizers, in all our foods and the air.

link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Strange,I spend tons of time in the sun in nothing but shorts and sandals,and I eat a lot of tomatoes,and I seldom burn.

I have a kickin tan,but without shorts,it looks like I'm wearing shorts and sandals,just reverse.

White shorts,and white sandals.......

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Sunbathing nude can burn your proportional parts.....

Danger Will Robinson.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Could someone please,please tell me why NAKED BLACK AFRICANS don't get cancer in Africa after staying in sunshine for most of the day...

These tribes wonder about all day out in the sun ,they have no homes,no tv ,internet ,no money or sunscreen yet why are they not all dead from skin cancer.

Why?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by unityemissions

Well... Did I say that ? Cause I don't meant to say that.

Sort of, but no not outright. I was referring more to the article you quoted which stated that.

What I try to say is that a lot of cancer can be prevented. Unfortunately we live in a world which is full of junk that affects us in a harmful way. This makes us less protected to cancer and it also makes it more likely for cancer to develop.

Agreed.

I'm sure there are genes responsible which are also the cause cancer but that's just it. Genes can be found in our DNA, right ? Radiation damages DNA. The Immune and protection of the body protects us against cancer. There is a problem. Not all cancer will be recognized by the immune system.

Our dna is constantly being damaged, but we have repair mechanisms built into specific genes itself. That's what I was trying to stress. It's only after these repair mechanisms have been damaged, AND the cell is unable to undergo apoptosis that cancer develops.

For how long do we know about cancer ? I think we do not have any specimen of healthy DNA because everything has already been contaminated since we started looking.

That's a good question that I honestly don't know the answer to. There is no healthy DNA. All dna is a result of mutations over the eons. I'm pretty sure that any particulate contamination around the dna can be separated.

Cells mutate into cancer cells all the time. Moles and wraths are an example of cancer where the body places it in quarantine.

True.

I'd like to say again, I never intended to say all cancer is caused by a failing immune system. But a big part is. Also cancer from a genetic malfunction can be disposed of. Cancer grows into a tumor when the immune system is blind or fails its job.

I think it's more accurate to say that mutated immortal cell lines become cancerous tumors when the immune system fails and/or the apoptosis function falters. I have no way to assess what percentage of cancers are controlled by the immune system alone. It may account for a large percentage as you seem to suggest. I'm just not sure.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ReeVeeR

got more chance of catching cancer or being poisoned by whats in our Atmosphere from all the factories which are making this protective lotions.... and from the fumes from cars, trucks and whatever else is in the air we breath...

havnt watched vid yet but i will later

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by beckybecky
reply to post by snowspirit

Could someone please,please tell me why NAKED BLACK AFRICANS don't get cancer in Africa after staying in sunshine for most of the day...

These tribes wonder about all day out in the sun ,they have no homes,no tv ,internet ,no money or sunscreen yet why are they not all dead from skin cancer.

Why?

Your clue skin colour and even they can get skin problems that can lead to skin cancer look up VITILIGO

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I think it's more accurate to say that mutated immortal cell lines become cancerous tumors when the immune system fails and/or the apoptosis function falters. I have no way to assess what percentage of cancers are controlled by the immune system alone. It may account for a large percentage as you seem to suggest.

Cancer must been here as long as cells decided to divide themselves.
It would be weird our bodies have not evolved to fight of cancer.

I'm just not sure.

We...
That makes two of us.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReeVeeR
Think sunlight alone can cause skin cancer? So did I! But according to the guy in this video, it doesn't. In fact, it actually protects against skin cancer! Watch and see for yorself. Very interesting stuff.

Watch this video

Stop spreading ignorance. Skin cancer is caused by over exposure to ultraviolet radiation. Why don't you go sit out in the sun all day and tell your sunburned skin that the sun is harmless? Here's an idea: open up a book rather than watching some idiot's video on youtube? Let me know how that works out.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Makes sense. The Italians had great nutrition and chillaxed in the sun for hours.

I CAN lay in the sun for some 4 hours with just a light burn. Maybe a day or two and its fine.

I chill in the sun usually an hour or so a day. Never much cared for sun lotion.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

When I was a kid I once layed out in the sun for 3 hours. No Burn.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Here's my say:

Some sun is good for you. Too much sun is bad for you.

"everything in moderation."

Also remember that different skin colors have different amounts of sun protection built in. So if you are white, don't think you can spend day after day in the sun, as you have a higher risk of turning into a lobster.

-Solar (in moderation)

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Not Me!

Italian skin. I do become a bit darker, but more or less white still.

Them poor Irishmen though. Oy vey! lol. My Irish friends can't stand a nearly an hour in it.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If you believe this man, have fun with your cancer. The photons in the sun light are going so fast, when they hit your skin they smash through cells, some of which die and others heal and mutate. If they cause one of your cells to mutate into a cancerous cell, then you have a problem, but most of the time it does no harm when it mutates.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by paranoiaFTW

A photon to a cell is like a tree to the solar system. So very very small.

But yes, it only takes one photon to hit dna at the right angle with enough energy, than boom.

Luckily, our skin is dead cells the cells to mutate are underneath.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
the way i look at it the skin is our largest organ, so if i wouldn't eat it i wouldn't rub it on my skin... that's just me... as for the sun causing cancer, i think that overexposure could cause some cancers... i mean its not just "light " coming off the sun.. its the light waves we cant see that are the worst for us... i read somewhere about buckyballs being responsible for alot of the skin cancers today...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join