It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunlight does NOT cause skin cancer!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Daggyz, dont be obnoxious. He didnt say "all people in the southern hem are tribal", he was obviously referring to the fact that, yes, in the southern hemisphere there do happen to be more tribal groups, and people of these groups do happen to be darker skinned. You could thicken your skin up a bit, dont ya think?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Almost everything that causes damage to our cells is blamed for causing cancer, with more excuses weekly.

And nobody seems to wonder why the body fails to regenerate them correctly. That is the true cause, but TPTB will never release why this happens.

Here is another BS excuse:

95% of vitamins cause cancer

[edit on 8/7/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Thank you so much for that video!! Star & Flag.
I don´t go much out in summer because I´ve got very light skin and I fear sunlight and hate sunblockers.
And yes, every winter I´m ill, not only one time, it´s like a long cold getting better in summer months. Now I know what to do! Great Information!
Well.. I should have know this *facepalm*

Good Day! And thanks again!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
A childhood friend of mine was an albino. He died of skin cancer, when he was in his twenties.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
That guy was realllllllly annoying. Horrible host, why does he pause in mid sentence?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by s4boy

Definitly isn't a suprise to me. Everything they do is for money period. They don't care who they hurt. :/ The truth is out there.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by texastig
I heard it's our diet in the northern hemisphere. In the southern hemisphere there's tribal people out in the sun all day and they don't get cancer.

Like in Africa, or does skin color matter in this case?

Second line.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mumma in pyjamas
reply to post by concerned190

Really? What %age of indigenous ozzies sill live that way?

NO most of them are living a 'western' life style.
They have high cancer rates in general due to poor nutrition,poor living conditions,inadequate health and education services,substance abuse and the general impact of western lifestyle and products imposed on a race biologically unable to cope with such sudden and severe lifestyle changes.

They have been mistreated abused and neglected as a people and it has become unrealistic for them to live a traditional way.

I am now going to do some research but i assume thre cancers causing alarming mortality amongst indigenous ozzies is other forms of cancer, not skin.

Having said that, I wonder what percentage of cancer rates would be because of Substance Abuse, i.e. Liver Cancer, Kidneys etc, from Alcohol Abuse???

Would be interesting to find out!!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
So if the sun doesn't do any harm when you don't have deficiencies, I would like to know how I increasingly get all of these lentigines / pigment spots on my skin. Anyone?

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the video, very interesting points made and as a healthcare professional myself I tend to agree.

I have always said that people need more sunlight, its natural and its healthy and we all need it. Moderation to prevent excessive burning is all thats needed here.

Again thanks for the Link

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
I don't even need to watch the video to know that they are wrong. ANY form of radiation has the potential to cause cancer, notice that I said potential.

If that is true, then we're all in serious trouble. Your own skin emits radiation, in the infrared part of the spectrum. That's why you can be seen with a nightscope. Radiation, or the electromagnetic emissions mediated by photons, runs the gamut from ultra low frequency radio at the low end to gamma rays at the most energetic. The energy is proportional to frequency, using the equation E=hv, where E is energy, h is a constant of 6.62 times 10 to the minus 34 meters squared hilograms/second, and v is frequency.
OK, for you purists, substitute c(speed of light)/lambda (wavelength) for v. That relationship is borne out by eeryday experience. The radiation, in the form of radio waves, from Sirius (the Dog Star) is imperceptible to you while the higher frequency ultraviolet radiation from the sun is energetic enough to warm your skin. Once it is energetic enough, it has the power to strip electrons off a molecule and is classified as ionizing radiation. Here, with photons, you are talking high frequency UV, x-rays and gamma rays. Anything less than that doesn't have the energy necessary to damage cells. So I wouldn't worry about cancer from moonlight , or your fireplace, or radio waves from Betelguese, all of which are the sources of electromagnetic radiation.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ReeVeeR

Usually when I stay out in the sun for long periods I burn and get freckles.
Now since I changed my diet to all fruit and vegetables, mostly fruit in the summer I do not seem to burn near as quickly nor do I get as many freckles.
So I do think diet plays a huge factor in relation to the sun and the human body.
I noticed right off the bat after I started eating this way.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiinguy12
I must agree that sunlight is very healthybut like anything else,in excess,is bad and will cause bad things to happen period. This isnt the first time ive seen Disinfo out of this NaturalNews.com website,people link to it all the time on here. and Who is this guy anyway? Is he a scientist? Does he have a study done by an independent scientific community? I dont like how he starts going into ignorance and darkness versus light. That isnt very scientific.. lost me at that point

[edit on 7-7-2010 by hawaiinguy12]

you probably think that science can explain everything.
That excess of sun burns the skin and skin reacts by getting red and later get water-bulbs is known. But, sun has never caused skin cancer to anyone. The ancients had no problems with that matter and old farmer that worked in the full sun a whole day did die from being as aged as Mathusalem, drinking a bottle of rough spirit every day and eating fat food and some even smoking like industries. For sure, those people worked hard too.

But, at that time nothing was chemical. The foot was eaten as is, no need for chemical fertilizers, chemical insect sprays and so on.

I work every day in the full sun, sometimes standing in it for 3 or 4 hours, not in the sun of Alaska but the one of the tropical region close to the equator and i had never any problem. I am white skinned, viking type bear with red hair. The secret why i do not burn ?. Many asked it to me and the answer is simple. Eat tomato concentrate, two or 3 teaspoons a day. Even the whitest nordic skin will get resistant to sun radiation after a certain time eating tomato concentrate. And, for sure, stay away with chemical sun blockers from your skin.

This counts for the average body skin, the helicopter landing spot on top of the mountain needs to be protected, always. Note that on mine there is no grass and that makes it more sensitive. But my good ol' Resistol makes wonders in that matter.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
reply to post by ReeVeeR

Usually when I stay out in the sun for long periods I burn and get freckles.
Now since I changed my diet to all fruit and vegetables, mostly fruit in the summer I do not seem to burn near as quickly nor do I get as many freckles.
So I do think diet plays a huge factor in relation to the sun and the human body.
I noticed right off the bat after I started eating this way.

the lycophene in cooked tomatoes and red vegetables do that . It gets more efficient if you eat tomato concentrate. Tomatoes develop lycophene when they cook for a long time. Raw in salads there is some but not as much.

So eat 3 teaspoons of tomato concentrate mixed in your food or on a sandwich and you will lose your sensitivity to sun radiation.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by s4boy

Yea, I knew it wasn't true. The sun nourishes, feeds and heals almost everything on the planet.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

I don't even need to watch the video to know that they are wrong. ANY form of radiation has the potential to cause cancer, notice that I said potential.

Anything less than that doesn't have the energy necessary to damage cells. So I wouldn't worry about cancer from moonlight , or your fireplace, or radio waves from Betelguese, all of which are the sources of electromagnetic radiation.

this is not that true. If some day a scientific that can handle an electron microscope shows you the skin damage after a sunbath in full sun or even worse in a filtered UV tube solarium, you will be surprised. The body needs a period of adaptation to get into it and to react in a positive way to exposition to UV's.

The damage that occurs to the skin when it burns is a real disaster. But,as related in my previous posts, the nature has all you need to fight against it's own agressive way of acting, it harms you and repairs you. Even cancer can be healed by nature. Eat a few almonds, a few apricot-, plum-, peach seed every day, chew a few Gutokola leaves and you will never know that cancer exists.

And, stay away from the false masons to repair your temple, do it yourself. Once you enter there door you downgrade from a patient to a customer or a jackpot-machine.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by eurocrates

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Anything less than that doesn't have the energy necessary to damage cells. So I wouldn't worry about cancer from moonlight , or your fireplace, or radio waves from Betelguese, all of which are the sources of electromagnetic radiation.

this is not that true. If some day a scientific that can handle an electron microscope shows you the skin damage after a sunbath in full sun or even worse in a filtered UV tube solarium, you will be surprised. The body needs a period of adaptation to get into it and to react in a positive way to exposition to UV's.

The damage that occurs to the skin when it burns is a real disaster. But,as related in my previous posts, the nature has all you need to fight against it's own agressive way of acting, it harms you and repairs you. Even cancer can be healed by nature. Eat a few almonds, a few apricot-, plum-, peach seed every day, chew a few Gutokola leaves and you will never know that cancer exists.

And, stay away from the false masons to repair your temple, do it yourself. Once you enter there door you downgrade from a patient to a customer or a jackpot-machine.

I thought for a moment that You forgot laetrile, or laevo-mandelonitrile-beta-glucuronoside, a substance found in apricot pits. But you didn't. It's mentioned.How many quacks have been sent to prison for peddling that garbage to desperate cancer victims. Read www.quackwatch.org... and other topics on quackwatch about the gullibility of suffering people and the culpability of those who prey on them.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

As long as I haven't seen scientific evidence I won't believe this. I think people should really be careful when anouncing these things.

SCIENTIFIC evidence, and not some guy yelling in front of a blue screen. Never ever blindly trust these things.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
So if the sun doesn't do any harm when you don't have deficiencies, I would like to know how I increasingly get all of these lentigines / pigment spots on my skin. Anyone?

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Mdv2]

What's your definition of not having "deficiencies"? One mans "strong and healthy" is another's weak and deficient.

Just because someone takes a multivitamin, doesn't mean their body is working at a high enough level or is getting anywhere near enough nutrients to protect itself from the sun or disease.

The Standard American "healty" Diet is nowhere near enough to get the body in a position where someone with lighter skin can be naturally be protected from longer exposure to the sun. Most of the people who know that it is possible to achieve this, have a diet so clean and healthy that the average person would cringe if they thought of eating this way at all times. Generally they are Raw Foodists or close to it, who take in massive amounts of phytonutrients on a daily basis. Those who "decided" what the human body can or can't do in our modern era, didn't do it based on this type of diet.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by shasta9600]

[edit on 8-7-2010 by shasta9600]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Living in a beach city we spend lots of time outdoors and it makes us feel happy and energized. I know when I'm indoors too long I start feeling the need to go talk a walk, as soon as i step outside and the light hits me, the smell of salt air I'm all good again.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join