It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunlight does NOT cause skin cancer!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

Could it be that 'tribal' people don't medically scrutinize death in all its forms and deal with it in a spiritual manner?

In a truly Tribal environment who is doing autopsies and gathering statistical data on causes of death?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Suncream aside.Chemicals i assume are of little/ limited use to our health.
Do you think it's possible we Aussies have such a high rate of skin cancer because a bunch of white settlers from a country thats cold hopped on boats and sailed to a country with a sun soaked environment?

Indigenus Australians are dark skinned i wonder about their rate of skin cancer.

Perhaps cancer would be greatly reduced if we were living in environments we were biologically suited to.

PS don't tell this to racists we don't wan to give them more reasons as to why people should "go back to where they came from"

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

What is the rate of skin cancer among native african tribes? What is the rate among african americans? I know aboriginal people have bad cancer rates, but what do they eat?

Def. not any processed crap, only what the earth provides them- natural real food!

[edit on 7/7/2010 by concerned190]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
~Excellent~

Thank you!

SunLight gives energy to Life on Earth.

And for millennia people have bathed freely in its rays; even early last century in America.

If it were a 1 variable (sunlight) to 1 variable (skin problem) equation; then all people would exhibit similar scenarios in the body physiology...perhaps even the plant and animal kingdom would be affected if the ignorant equation were accurate.

It is logical and obvious to conclude that toxins within the body are the missing variable, and as with nearly issue, proper nutrition allows the body to function naturally - optimally.

Artificial toxins do not belong in the body - SunLight does belong in the body!

LiveFree

∞LOVE∞

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Why is it that people on ATS have this constant need to spread disinformation in regards to just about anything to do with health care.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

Really? What %age of indigenous ozzies sill live that way?

NO most of them are living a 'western' life style.
They have high cancer rates in general due to poor nutrition,poor living conditions,inadequate health and education services,substance abuse and the general impact of western lifestyle and products imposed on a race biologically unable to cope with such sudden and severe lifestyle changes.

They have been mistreated abused and neglected as a people and it has become unrealistic for them to live a traditional way.

I am now going to do some research but i assume thre cancers causing alarming mortality amongst indigenous ozzies is other forms of cancer, not skin.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Imagine the financial impact on pharma companies if this was common knowledge and widely known to the public?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think it is absolutely ridiculous to say, sunlight causes skin cancer. Maybe it's a bad thing to start tanning in July for two weeks in a row...

People use to be outside far more often then we do now. Truck drivers are known to develop skin cancer, driving with their arm out of the window... but have you ever seen what they eat ?

The radiation from the sun can inflict damage, your body does not get a tan for nothing. Darker skin forms by because the body already has a protective system, as it gets darker it also gets thicker for protection. For it to work properly the body has to function ok, but more important, the immune system. Along with the build in protection from those deadly sun rays, the immune system gets rid of rebellious cells.

This can only mean that the radiation from the sun is not causing cancer unless the immune system does not work as it is supposed to.

There are only 2 things that can give you cancer, radiation. ( Not from the sun. Our bodies are fully equipped to handle that golden disk in the sky, as it was always there.) and a deficient immune system, which would eliminate cancer if it was working properly. Unfortunately we are all stuffed with unhealthy amounts of the same foods and multiple toxins. Cancer will form without a cleaning crew present.

I noticed that a lot of cancer victims die young from what supposed to be an old age disease. I think I know why.
People in their eighties, and nineties have lived halve of their lives free from pollution and toxins. Free from the nuclear tests that have contaminated everything.

We are now fully stuffed with all of the crap from birth, where they were introduced with it in their twenties or thirties. Way after their development was over.

My guess for the future is that more people will get cancer and die. They will be younger to. Why ? Because we are contaminated from birth and during our developing years. Our diets sucks and we take to much from everything. What is natural is now often illegal and replaced with chemicals where our body can not protect you against.

The only thing we need to do is change our habits. Even then a lot of stuff will kill us for years to come, waiting in the shadows until someone is unfortunate enough to stumble upon it and get sick.
A nuclear waste dust particle inhaled by someone which caused him to die from lung cancer, waiting patiently for its next kill, when the remains are removed to make room for new things. Where it can be picked up by the wind ending up in a new pair of lungs to destroy.

[edit on 7/7/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

This isn't really true. Cancer is caused by too much chromosomal damage within a cell, and the inability to self-destruct (apoptosis), usually because of telemorase enzyme activation. I don't think there is a correlation between immune function and cancer. It pretty much is random. Any radiation expose can cause cancer including sunlight.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

How's this for a conspiracy?, manmade ailments being given trendy new names constantly for the sake of covering up wanton industrialization. But... is it conspiracy when its true and very many are aware of that fact?

We have plenty of levels of 'acceptable' pollution. We also have acceptable levels of toxins that go into our food and water. But, that has nothing to do with cancer because its 'acceptable'. Its much more convenient to blame it on something we have no control over than to lay the blame where it most likely lays.

In this day and age, if you live long enough, you will get cancer only if something else doesn't get you first.

Maybe, when we hear the reports of of someone dieing of old age in their hundreds, the pimps scratch their heads and proceed right back to the drawing board?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Heres an interesting way to look at it?

"apparently we are the only thing on earth that doesnt need sunlight to grow and be healthy"? well isnt that what they are saying?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

A popular expression in one area of the alternative medical treatment of cancer is this; “All cancer is the result of an immune system that didn’t destroy mutant cells” Obviously, cancer cells are foreign to the body. The immune system of a healthy person destroys “10,000″ mutated (cancer) cells every day. When this defense ceases, the cancer can multiply and become a clinical case of cancer.

Complementary approaches to fighting infection and cancer

Nutrition, stress reduction, support groups, exercise—intriguing new studies suggest that these fundamental but non-traditional interventions may strengthen the immune system. For example, improved immune cell function has been documented after people with melanoma, a malignant skin cancer, attended regular support group meetings. Other studies find that women in breast cancer support groups live longer than those who don't join such groups. Researchers speculate that one reason is the stress-reducing, immune-supporting effects that these groups provide.
Nutrition

In-built immune protection

This is also called 'innate immunity'. These immune mechanisms are always ready and prepared to defend the body from infection. They can act immediately (or very quickly). This in-built protection comes from

1.A barrier formed by the skin outside the body
2.Inner linings of the gut and lungs which produce mucus and trap invading bacteria
3.Hairs which move the mucus and trapped bacteria out of the lungs
4.Stomach acid which kills bacteria that have been swallowed
5.Helpful bacteria growing in the bowel which prevent other bacteria from taking over
6.Urine flow which flushes bacteria out of the bladder and urethra
7.White blood cells called 'neutrophils' which can find and kill bacteria and other infectious organisms

Maybe it was not correct with using the immune system. Because it is only a part of the protection your body has to work with.

All of these can be damaged. Also from the sun of course. But... if they would work properly the change of cancer becomes a lot a lot less, the change it kills you when you do get is also lower.

However I don't want to imply you could avoid cancer all together. Why do old people get cancer ? My guess is that its because their health is in decline. Resulting in a breakdown of the bodies protective system which allows cancer to get a hold easier.

Immune system blamed for cancer

Sharks and cancer.

Immune System Can Drive Cancers Into Dormant State

Immunity and Cancer

New Cancer Treatment Uses Patient's Immune System

There are countless of articles about boosting the immune system to fight cancer.
This means the immune system has always fought of cancer. The need to boost it, you already read in my first reply.

[edit on 7/7/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

A popular expression in one area of the alternative medical treatment of cancer is this; “All cancer is the result of an immune system that didn’t destroy mutant cells” Obviously, cancer cells are foreign to the body. The immune system of a healthy person destroys “10,000″ mutated (cancer) cells every day. When this defense ceases, the cancer can multiply and become a clinical case of cancer.

This article basically misstates what a cancerous cell is. A mutated cell is not necessarily cancerous, it only becomes after becoming immortal and reproducing rather rapidly.

Complementary approaches to fighting infection and cancer

Nutrition, stress reduction, support groups, exercise—intriguing new studies suggest that these fundamental but non-traditional interventions may strengthen the immune system. For example, improved immune cell function has been documented after people with melanoma, a malignant skin cancer, attended regular support group meetings. Other studies find that women in breast cancer support groups live longer than those who don't join such groups. Researchers speculate that one reason is the stress-reducing, immune-supporting effects that these groups provide.
Nutrition

This is interesting. I wonder if these instances of melanoma were caused by radiation or bacterial infections. If the former, I may be incorrect.

In-built immune protection

This is also called 'innate immunity'. These immune mechanisms are always ready and prepared to defend the body from infection. They can act immediately (or very quickly). This in-built protection comes from

1.A barrier formed by the skin outside the body
2.Inner linings of the gut and lungs which produce mucus and trap invading bacteria
3.Hairs which move the mucus and trapped bacteria out of the lungs
4.Stomach acid which kills bacteria that have been swallowed
5.Helpful bacteria growing in the bowel which prevent other bacteria from taking over
6.Urine flow which flushes bacteria out of the bladder and urethra
7.White blood cells called 'neutrophils' which can find and kill bacteria and other infectious organisms

All of these are talking about bacteria and not radiation. Bacteria can muck up cells and cause mutations, and the immune system does fight this, but I'm not sure boosting the immune system helps specifically with radiation caused mutations.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
very interesting

the guy calls it a conspiracy the fact they dont want u to know that sun light is needed in our life

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Well it was in an article on cancer, maybe that's why they assumed that info. was already well known.

Your skin gets darker and thicker to protect itself from the harmful rays of the sun.
UV- radiation.

Bacteria and stuff don't cause cancer. They create the circumstances for cancer to develop.
This is why the Immune system is so important. All bacteria, viruses etc affect the immune system. A healthy immune system will fight them of.

So they can not create an oases for cancer to develop and the cancer that develops is more likely dealt with.

Radiation causes direct cellular damage where a damaged immune and protection system lets cancer develop more easily.

Just like the HPV vaccine. The vaccine prohibits a bacteria to hold ground. This prevents the bacteria to create a lush haven for cancer. Which is what it normally does.

IMO. The reason that it could instead of it always does, cause cancer. Is because the immune system still patrols the streets.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Just as with anything else moderation is the best key. I never thought a bit of sunlight would harm anyone but to be out in it all day, every day, that might be a different story.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

While the immune system can kill a limited amount of mutagen cells, saying that falters of this mechanism causes all cases of cancer is incorrect. I would suggest you looking into the genes related to apoptosis and dna repair.

It seems to me that a limited set of genes are related to cancer. The p51, p53, & p73 come to mind, but I may have these incorrect. If these genes become damaged, and the repair mechanisms for dna are also faulty, then perhaps the body relies on the immune system as a last resort, or may even try this in the first place. My point is that the immune system seems to be only one part of the equation, and something tells me that even a healthy immune system will have little chances of battling the most vicious of cancers.

I could be wrong, though.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Although i don't doubt that sunscreen is a marketable form of skin cancer in a tube, the suns rays contain all sorts of energy that can be potentially deadly, as well as healing.
Fair-skinned people would be wise to ditch the sunscreen but cover themselves from direct harsh rays.
Olive-skinned people have a higher tolerance to these rays.
I knew an old farmer that was fair-skinned and never wore sunscreen. They removed half his ear at 60 cause of skin cancer. He actually died from old age before the cancer spread, but it was spreading.

Also, if you have gray/white hairs early in life, that's a sign that you are not too prone to skin cancer. Which makes sense cause usually reddish/blondish haired people keep their hair color till late in life, and they're the ones that have fairer skin.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig
I heard it's our diet in the northern hemisphere. In the southern hemisphere there's tribal people out in the sun all day and they don't get cancer.

they have darker skin.

this reminds me of those smoking ads, "4 out of 5 doctors prefer Camel."

burning your skin is bad, trust me.

[edit on 7/7/2010 by JPhish]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Well... Did I say that ? Cause I don't meant to say that.

What I try to say is that a lot of cancer can be prevented. Unfortunately we live in a world which is full of junk that affects us in a harmful way. This makes us less protected to cancer and it also makes it more likely for cancer to develop.

I'm sure there are genes responsible which are also the cause cancer but that's just it. Genes can be found in our DNA, right ? Radiation damages DNA. The Immune and protection of the body protects us against cancer. There is a problem. Not all cancer will be recognized by the immune system.

For how long do we know about cancer ? I think we do not have any specimen of healthy DNA because everything has already been contaminated since we started looking.

Cells mutate into cancer cells all the time. Moles and wraths are an example of cancer where the body places it in quarantine.

I'd like to say again, I never intended to say all cancer is caused by a failing immune system. But a big part is. Also cancer from a genetic malfunction can be disposed of. Cancer grows into a tumor when the immune system is blind or fails its job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join