It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Amendment suspended in the Gulf of Mexico as spill cover-up goes Orwellian

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoX42

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Here's the latest pic from the Gulf

Wow, I was just talking about that movie in an earlier post. For those who do not know, this picture comes from the movie "They Live," by John Carpenter.

Watch it. You'll be surprised how close to reality that this movie demonstrates.

Namaste and Love

Always been a fav of mine; far closer to reality than too many want to admit. Most people can't see. Some that can won't get involved, or are too busy trying to stay afloat to do anything. We are seeing change, alright, and none of it good. Glad I know where I will be when it all finally blows up.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured
You'd think its gotta be getting close to that point in time where the people rise-up against TPTB. We all know who the enemy is. We all know who their names are and where they all live. What the hell are we waiting for? How much of the world do they have to destroy before action takes place.. How much of our rights and freedoms need to be taken away from us before we say enough is enough.. Its almost as if we're all waiting for 'something' or 'someone' to save us.

''Ah, but you are mistaken. Most have no idea who the enemy is, and where they live. TPTB have done an outstanding job muddying those waters to the point that most are looking everywhere BUT the right place. Plus, they are going to succeed with the plan......to a point. And, yeah, it is going to take some help to win. Good news is, that help is already available.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
We didn't put Obama there. We haven't put any President in the White House, the electorial college does. They, Presidents, are appointed. The whole get out & vote thing isn't much more then a head count. I used to argue if you don't vote you don't have a voice. Clearly even if you do vote you don't have a voice.

The 1st Amendment was the only thing standing between us & them. The press used to stand up for the people. I'm thinking not so much any more. And today, even less. The alternative news people are who this is aimed at not MSM. They are already in the pockets of the same people they should be reporting about.

This is a sad day for us all.

k

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kno22

You raise a good point and I agree with you except for the fact that there are other options. Obviously there aren't many, but when enough people do their own research progress can be made. The problem is either not enough people give a **** or most people are zombified by the MSM to know any different.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

''Ah, but you are mistaken. Most have no idea who the enemy is, and where they live. TPTB have done an outstanding job muddying those waters to the point that most are looking everywhere BUT the right place. Plus, they are going to succeed with the plan......to a point. And, yeah, it is going to take some help to win. Good news is, that help is already available.

Well, the information is now available though and has been for a couple years. The problem is getting the word out without making oneself look like their a few cards short of a deck. I agree with you that their 'big' plan will succeed to a point.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by disfugured]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I am sorry if it seems like I am hijacking your thread, but................

I like most, have been watching this whole story unfold. I am very open minded and live in the UK, I understand that what I am going to say may be easier from such a safe distance, please do not be offended by my comments.

I accept that there is absolutely no transparency what so ever about the disaster and I also share the opinion that what little pieces of information that we are getting indicates things are far worse than MSM are reporting.

What I just cannot get my head around is the complete lack of coordination from the good guys trying to get the information out.

In this day of easy communication, why have we not managed to find anyone to take ownership of this thin? - form a committee, fill it with the required sympathetic like minded individuals with access to equipment and the required key skills to move this thing on and then find a platform to show the EVIDENCE to the world.

People lose sight when they are drip fed information, if it is presented as a complete package it carries far more clout and is difficult to ignore.

Your country is full of colleges, universities, experts in chemistry, biology media, politics geology and doctors to mention but a few. we have everything and everyone we need.........surely apathy and fear are not what is preventing this.

The inaction is unbelievable, its time to act !
My deepest sympathy to all the folks suffering, keep up the good fight.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I am sorry but I just have to laugh my (snip) off on this one.

Those same people who think this is terrible think nothing of violations of the Second Amendment (Guns) or Article II, Section I of the Constitution (Presidential qualifications.)

All I have seen is guns are terrible and shouldn't be allowed. It doesn't matter if the Constitution provides for an armed citizenship.

How about the phrases "Too bad. He won. Get over it" or the Constitution is just a piece of paper.

Now you complain that free speech is being attacked. Wait until BO turns the switch on the internet. And you are surprised about this?

LMAO. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/4/2010 by TheRedneck]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

What the heck are you talking about?

What is so funny? There is nothing funny about this situation.

Why are you hijacking the thread with your communist liberal garbage.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Again, I LMAO. You think my post is Communistic? Perhaps you should read it again. LMAO.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I am sorry but I just have to laugh my a$$ off on this one.

Those same people who think this is terrible think nothing of violations of the Second Amendment (Guns) or Article II, Section I of the Constitution (Presidential qualifications.)

All I have seen is guns are terrible and shouldn't be allowed. It doesn't matter if the Constitution provides for an armed citizenship.

How about the phrases "Too bad. He won. Get over it" or the Constitution is just a piece of paper.

Now you complain that free speech is being attacked. Wait until BO turns the switch on the internet. And you are surprised about this?

LMAO. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid.

I drank the Kool-Aid right off the magic bus back in the day and your post sounds a lot like someone who has had a lot of it and can't sensibly communicate.
This spill IS terrible. Period
If things keep up folks may find out how I feel about my guns( note plural)
As for the rest of your rant I can't relate it to the OP so am not responding.
FWIW drinking Kool_Aid has helped some of the most brilliant scientists do their work!
I hope some petroleum expert drinks a gallon of Kool-Aid if they can figure a realistic solution to this.
N.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Did I say the spill wasn't terrible? I am LMAO over all those who think it is so strange that their first amendment rights are being trampled. These are mainly the same people that say we should disregard the Second Amendment and Article II of the Constitution. Why should the First Amendment be any different?

Now that the government is effecting their right to know, do they say it is wrong when they let the other violations of our Constitution go by unchallenged? No, they are still the anti-gun ObamaZombies who want their right to know left alone. They don't realize the infringement on the Second Amendment and Article II is just the beginning. By the time they wake up, all rights will be gone. I laugh at their ignorance of what is going on around them.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
My Goodness!

Orwellian you say? Well, that does beat all!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

SCOTUS recently supported the 2nd which was, to my suspicious mind curious in the wake of the known agenda regarding personal firearms.
Now they clamp down on first amendment rights HARD.
Police are dealing with their public in a more hostile and aggressive manner.
The economy is in the toilet and may well stay there.
There are a lot of angry frustrated people right now rattling their sabres.
And SCOTUS supports the second?
Suspicious me says SETUP!
N.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by N.of norml

Just be glad there are 5 conservatives on the Court. It ain't perfect but it could be a lot worse.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirekConek
reply to post by Geeky_Bubbe

B) Keep the same from learning about any classified tech being used in the cleanup operation, this IS a National Security issue.

Are you fkn serious? National security issue? Secret clean up tech?

Can't respond intelligently to gibberish.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

reply to post by N.of norml

Just be glad there are 5 conservatives on the Court. It ain't perfect but it could be a lot worse.

The SC is bought and paid for OMG - do people know anything?

It is not just the judges, the entire legal system is designed to enslave people - how can active ATS members not know these things?

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lincoln61

In this day of easy communication, why have we not managed to find anyone to take ownership of this thin? - form a committee, fill it with the required sympathetic like minded individuals with access to equipment and the required key skills to move this thing on and then find a platform to show the EVIDENCE to the world.

People lose sight when they are drip fed information, if it is presented as a complete package it carries far more clout and is difficult to ignore.

Your country is full of colleges, universities, experts in chemistry, biology media, politics geology and doctors to mention but a few. we have everything and everyone we need.........surely apathy and fear are not what is preventing this.

The inaction is unbelievable, its time to act !
My deepest sympathy to all the folks suffering, keep up the good fight.

Applause!

Why don't some people in the vicinity go and hijack some second year media students, and make a 10to15 min documentary? Post on youtube - bingo.

I'm sure a few people with a camera can get SOMETHING - even if it is just showing how many doors are slammed on them when they present with a camera and questions. Come to think of it - grab some 2nd year chemists and biologists along for the roadtrip.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Is anarchy the answer? How about the tyranny of the majority?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Why do that when its SO much easier to post headlines with ALL CAPS and no substance on ATS??

Real Journalism you say? Gah!!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Is there something we as Americans can do to stop this. Maybe get together, file a law suit do something to protect our constitutional rights. There has to be something we can go.

Butt also what if you do get arrested and don't pay the fine. And you go to court. The Jury is made up of people like us, so they can just say freedom of the press and fight it. Come on guys what if your a jurror and you see this case. Of course you would vote to dismiss it.

We just need to stop this.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join