It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Amendment suspended in the Gulf of Mexico as spill cover-up goes Orwellian

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Transparency?

If anyone doubted that Obama was a puppet they only need take a look at the contrast between what he says and what he does.

Tell them what they want to hear then do the exact opposite.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Tick

First Amendment suspended in the Gulf of Mexico as spill cover-up goes Orwellian

current.com

(NaturalNews) – As CNN is now reporting, the U.S. government has issued a new rule that would make it a felony crime for any journalist, reporter, blogger or photographer to approach any oil cleanup operation, equipment or vessel in the Gulf of Mexico. Anyone caught is subject to arrest, a $40,000 fine and prosecution for a federal felony crime.

CNN reporter Anderson Cooper says, “A new law passed today, and back by the force of law and the threat of fines and felony charges, … will prevent rep-
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
naturalnews.tv
what kind of new law can they just pull a law out of air wouldn't congress or the stat government have to vote on a law.

[edit on 11/26/07 by jerry3741]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
Transparency?

If anyone doubted that Obama was a puppet they only need take a look at the contrast between what he says and what he does.

Tell them what they want to hear then do the exact opposite.

the lying butt hole he doesn't know what the truth is.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano
reply to post by The_Tick

What amazes me is that this is not the major news story of every news organization in the world. America suspends the first amenedment on fouth of July weekend. What amazes me is that every journalist is not up in arms. What amazes me is that I've been watching the news as I workout at the gym (the TV was tuned to CNN), and THIS is now the first I've heard of this.....

Just like the US/Israeli fleet movement in the Persian Gulf/Iran area. I learned of that here. And I can't find any reporting on it on the web except bloggers and sites like ATS.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerry3741

Originally posted by The_Tick

current.com

(NaturalNews) – As CNN is now reporting, the U.S. government has issued a new rule that would make it a felony crime for any journalist, reporter, blogger or photographer to approach any oil cleanup operation, equipment or vessel in the Gulf of Mexico. Anyone caught is subject to arrest, a $40,000 fine and prosecution for a federal felony crime.

CNN reporter Anderson Cooper says, “A new law passed today, and back by the force of law and the threat of fines and felony charges, … will prevent rep-
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
naturalnews.tv
what kind of new law can they just pull a law out of air wouldn't congress or the stat government have to vote on a law.

[edit on 11/26/07 by jerry3741]

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by soleprobe

The authority given to the Coast Guard to impliment access restrictons was enacted in 1972:

PORTS AND WATERWAYS SAFETY ACT OF 1972
oceancommission.gov...

A sleeper, as it were

It's under Coast Guard jurisdiction. Check my posts on page 4. No new law has been enacted and congress has not suspened the 1st amendment. But The Cost Guard has opted to use the PORTS AND WATERWAYS SAFETY ACT OF 1972 to restrict access. This could be seen as nefarious, or it could be seen as standard operation procedure.

I'm in the nefarious camp.

[edit on 7/4/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

[edit on 7/4/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
And they do this because they can. They can spit on the Constitution all the administration wants because who is going to stop them? You and me? And who else? If we tried, we would just be arrested and labeled as "terrorists." Most of America doesn't even care anyway.

You're absolutely right. They have a stranglehold on everything at this point. And as long as the American public remains apathetic, they could do this to the entire country without a shot fired.

Welcome to the movie "idiocracy." Too bad that it turned out to be reality.

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Here's the latest pic from the Gulf

Wow, I was just talking about that movie in an earlier post. For those who do not know, this picture comes from the movie "They Live," by John Carpenter.

Watch it. You'll be surprised how close to reality that this movie demonstrates.

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm not really sure what all the excitement is over...If there are people trying to clean up the oil spill and are constantly bombarded with media and press getting in their way and slowing the operation down...then something needs to be put into place to protect the operation...This just might be a law put into effect for a certain group or person that is repeatedly getting in their way and slowing them down...would you be upset if there was a group of thugs hanging outside the front door of your business operation when the no loitering law came into effect...these laws are to protect the workers doing to the job....and anyway why is it their fault they are just cleaning up the oil....they shouldn't be met with mobs of protestors getting in their way and preventing them from getting this mess taken care of...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You'd think its gotta be getting close to that point in time where the people rise-up against TPTB. We all know who the enemy is. We all know who their names are and where they all live. What the hell are we waiting for? How much of the world do they have to destroy before action takes place.. How much of our rights and freedoms need to be taken away from us before we say enough is enough.. Its almost as if we're all waiting for 'something' or 'someone' to save us.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured
You'd think its gotta be getting close to that point in time where the people rise-up against TPTB. We all know who the enemy is.

Who is "the enemy" you state we all know?

We all know who their names are and where they all live.

What are their names? Where do they live?

What the hell are we waiting for? How much of the world do they have to destroy before action takes place..

What actions are *you* waiting for? Or, calling for?

How much of our rights and freedoms need to be taken away from us before we say enough is enough..

What rights and freedoms have been taken away from you?

Its almost as if we're all waiting for 'something' or 'someone' to save us.

Save us from what?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
that pure evidence of situation is as@hole as whole hell. if all would be ok, they'd moan songs of praise in each hole about how powerful & smart they're non-stoply & loudly:-)

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is blasphemy! This is madness! THIS IS USA !!!

On a more serious note...what the F are those F in power thinking? Lying to the world about 9/11, lying about Extraterrestrials, lying about the oil spill? What else? Should I continue? When the F will the F sheeple wake up and do something? I don't live in the US (thank god), but if I were... damn, we'd unite in millions and kick the S out of all those F illuminati snake reptilian demonic bastards until they would beg to die. Obama was a double agent, but now? I'm starting to doubt. Really I am. Either he has a further agenda or he got fully demonic. This is insane! Those of you who say it's no big deal...are you stupid? Don't you get it? If the government doesn't want you to know something it will do anything in its power to stop you, especially the evil shadow government of the new world order. If they don't want you to eat, they will tell you to starve or pay a fine. Maybe those FEMA camps will get some use afterall. I mean..how can those hypnotized sheeple in once free USA let this happen? You call yourselfs citizens and patriots? Stop sitting on your comfortable butts, stop watching American Idol, eating Doritos and for F sake do something! Or do you want to live in a super-police-state? What about those people living in the Gulf now? They get fines for living there? Why does it all have to be this way? The good space brothers are here to help and destroy the evil forces, but they won't do anything unless people want them to do so and change their state of mind. Stop listening to the government and listen to yourself! This planet is supposed to be free! The government should work for free and pay all the debts! Not the people! The Galactic Federation says it's just all part of a bigger plan and I believe them, but still, this makes me angry. Eventhough everything will end well. But I mean...come on...HOW CAN YOU LET THE GOVERNMENT DO THAT TO YOU? FIGHT BACK!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
And another part of your freedom goes down the drain...

what will be next?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoX42

Hi nice list mate
might i add BRUCE ALMIGHTY,made a thread about it2 if anybody would like to check that out

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
sigh - despite the claims - this is nothing to do with the 1st ammendment , freedom of the press or liberty

the restriction is not just on reporters / photographers / bloggers - its EVERYONE

and 65 feet = 21m - you can see quite clearly whats going on at that distance - so get over it

there are hundreds of similar restrictions around the world that prohibit UNAUTHORIDED persons from approaching dangerous environments - why are idiots suddenly alarmed about this on

PS - if you believe the claims made here and elsewhere about the spills toxicity - do you want to approach within 21m - feeling suicidal ????

good point. But are they going to setup "safe zone" markers for everyone to stay in?It is kind of hard to use a messuring tape from the restricted area to boat.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
These kind of new laws aren't going to end with the BP oil leak and clean up.

Look for similar news of new laws which will limit the news media and reporters, journalists/photographers etc. before the upcoming elections and especially in the 2012 elections.

No news media access to any polling stations, or within a determined distance.

If they have their way, there will be no exit polls, and no election results will be reported, nor any winner declared until all votes are counted and it is final. (which in some cases could take days or longer)

You ain't seen nothing yet.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
Believe me, I am the furthest thing away from being an Obama administration supporter, but...

Is this really anywhere close to a "suspension of the First Amendment"? 65 feet is less than half the distance across a football field (American football that is). My living room is about 35 feet long! 65 feet is just over 4 car lengths. Hell, the zoom on my cheap cell phone camera can take a decent picture at that distance. I'd be willing to bet a large sum that ol' Anderson Cooper's CNN provided travel trailer or motor home is close to 40 feet in length.

Honestly, I haven't seen these type of cleanup operations first hand, but I'm betting if you are within 65 feet, you're probably getting in the way and hindering progress.

I think there are plenty of things to be more concerned about, over the spill and the poor response by BP and the Fed.

The video I saw posted to a FB page (little longer than the one on YT) stated that they initially wanted 300 ft of separation. That strains a lot of cameras, especially cell phone types. How much you wanna bet they increase that distance? Something stinks regarding this whole situation, and I get the distinct feeling we are missing an important part of the information needed to figure it out.

From the beginning, I have wondered if the spill wasn't intentional on the part of someone, or some group; say, a plan to enact serious "environmental" laws or something,t hat would infringe on even more of our rights. Now, with efforts not proceeding, and the restrictions on the media, it could be believed that they are not trying to clean it up, to deliberately let things get worse.

I am not some environmentalist, either. This, though, is starting to look very off.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Q_Llama
This is interesting, to say the least. But something doesn't make sense to me. They, being BP along with the government, are doing this to conceal what is going on with the clean up by distancing people from the area. And yet there are still live cams of the gusher itself. Strange. That leads me to believe that either the gusher cams are misleading, or that there is more going on in the Gulf (away from the gusher) than we're being told.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by John_Q_Llama]

That would be one heck of a diversion, but you might be onto something! Certainly, I have had the feeling from the start that this whole thing happened on purpose. Only question is now, what is it they want to distract people from? Maybe the reporters should stop trying to film the spill and related concerns, and look elsewhere in the area.....

That's gotta be the biggest red herring ever.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Geeky_Bubbe

Who is "the enemy" you state we all know?

I figured it would be too bloody obvious by now for me to have to go into detail.

Every name on this list.

Save us from what?

Destruction! Look all around you. We're destroying everything because we don't take responsibility for any of our actions.

Basically we need to save us from ourselves because we elect these leaders in power. We're allowing this to happen. We allow them to run our banks, keep us safe, manage our money, grow our food, treat our water, print our money, manipulate the stock market, create false flags, control our media, supress alternative energies, start wars in which we fight and fund,..ect. We all basically elect dictators. Our governments are bought and paid for by corporations. These corporate-fascist-political-leaders don't have our best interests. If you cant see that our rights and freedoms are disappearing all I can say is; wake the *f'bomb* up. Bill C-6 when passed in Canada is unconstitutional and infringes on my rights and freedoms by restricting my health freedom. The Patriot act in the USA infringe on peace loving Americans. I can sit here and write a page or two on many of the rights and freedoms they (TPTB) have restricted or have taken away. I don't have the time at the moment but when I do, I surely will put the effort into it and will allow you to hold me to it. You can though run a search here on ATS even to further your research where somebody already went through the time and effort to make that kind of info readily available. Best research is done on your own though.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by disfugured]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
reply to post by The_Tick

You guys reeeeally need a new President...lol
Sorry to say this but it has to be said... Obama is not doing the job he was hired to do... simple as that!!

[edit on 7/4/2010 by Ironclad]

Depends on who you think actually did the hiring, lol! I agree; he isn't, and in this situation, he seems to be doing everything opposite from how it should be. Of course, that could be because he's a CIA plant or something, and those pulling the strings want this disaster to continue. Just speculating, of course.....

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join