It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Amendment suspended in the Gulf of Mexico as spill cover-up goes Orwellian

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

why dont u get it
or are u just an disinf
this is being covered up all the deadly oil being carried inland
im SO glad im not there
but as u might have heard im just fear mongering
good fine then
ill talk 2 u in a few years when the entire resevoir will have been emptied in the sea,oh no wait ur ignorant ass will be dead by then
and the size of it HAS been giving a natinal sec level
just 2 let u know
butta kep ignoring evrything

why am i helping stupid people

maybe illumnati are wright were better of when u r all dead

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
No longer USA, now USBP

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
... and what do people do about it?

Write about it and vent their anger on message boards.

Come on... what are we going to do about it? Writing is like pissing on a forest fire.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DB340

i can put out 2 forest fires when i pee
so whats ur point

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Because I wanted to get the attention of the closed minded. You read it.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by invisibleman11

www.youtube.com...

This is just the tip of the iceberg for what is about to happen.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by whaaa]

You notice how in that entire story, Anderson Cooper does not mention Obama once? He, and CNN, are STILL kissing Obama's butt.

If Bush had been in charge when this happened (not that I"m any fan of Bush), they would have crucified him.

But not ONE mention of Obama. And is Anderson Cooper so stupid that he thinks that Admiral Allen (coast guard) is really getting his orders from "local businessmen?" HA!

The admiral of the CG only gets his orders from high up....from the office of the president. NOT from any local businessman. No, these orders came straight from the white house, and Cooper knows it. But they are still going soft on Obama.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

How is my post gibberish? Because it doesn't feed into the mindless panic I see in most posts in this thread? The spill isn't a secret, and the thread demonstrates that people are going to believe whatever they want about the gov't and the spill and BP no matter WHAT goes on the TV/net.

What is going on that we aren't already aware of in the gulf? The spill is visible from space, we already know about the Corexit and the oiled wildlife.... what are we missing by not getting within 65 ft.? I say it's the cleanup tech, and someone else in this thread pointed out that it also prevents interviews with the cleanup workers - which also makes sense if there is classified tech (which could be harmful chemicals of some kind, I'm not saying it's magickal #ing space lasers) being used.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I thought the rule of the land was determined by the American People...
Seems they have usurped the people in the interest of protecting a corporate entity. This wreaks.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DirekConek
reply to post by Amagnon

How is my post gibberish? Because it doesn't feed into the mindless panic I see in most posts in this thread? The spill isn't a secret, and the thread demonstrates that people are going to believe whatever they want about the gov't and the spill and BP no matter WHAT goes on the TV/net.

What is going on that we aren't already aware of in the gulf? The spill is visible from space, we already know about the Corexit and the oiled wildlife.... what are we missing by not getting within 65 ft.? I say it's the cleanup tech, and someone else in this thread pointed out that it also prevents interviews with the cleanup workers - which also makes sense if there is classified tech (which could be harmful chemicals of some kind, I'm not saying it's magickal #ing space lasers) being used.

Why would technology to clean up oil out of a body of water be classified? What good does classifying this information do? Do you not see that the government isn't out for your welfare but the welfare of their corporate friends? Do you not realize that this step is a step towards totalitarianism? (If your not there already). Does your freedom mean anything to you?

Regardless of what knowledge they might have to protect, they decided to make it illegal to walk close to the spill. They didn't ask people to stay away for health reasons, nope, they are trying to SCARE them off by levying large fines and possible jail time. Why? Thats a valid question i have yet to see answered that will shed a positive light on this move.

If you want to remain ignorant or naive of these questions so be it, please do it quietly.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I do not believe the oil spill was BO's fault. I do believe the failure to clean it up is. It is a crisis. Rom Emanuel said never let a crisis go to waste. Now they are pushing CapNtax. I think there was a deliberate decision to let the Gulf burn for political reasons.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
I do not believe the oil spill was BO's fault. I do believe the failure to clean it up is. It is a crisis. Rom Emanuel said never let a crisis go to waste. Now they are pushing CapNtax. I think there was a deliberate decision to let the Gulf burn for political reasons.

Oh, I believe obama had his hands in it. What better way to push Cap & Tax then a nice messy oil rig fire right after he announces his okey to expand drilling and that global whole warming thing blew up in their faces. My theory is they didn't know or realise how strong this well was and it got out of hand and we have the mess we've got now. Why do you think it took obama so long to acknowledge it? They had to make sure nothing could lead back to the White House. And they've latched onto emanuel's famous words and are going to milk this for all it's worth.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This is clearly going to mark its place in history, so why doesn't anyone seem to care? I discussed this with several friends, my parents, co-workers and nobody has heard a word about it. The only thing short of alternative news articles is a compelling 5 minute youtube link of Anderson Cooper (who i despise mind you).

When is this going to turn into something large enough for people to pay attention to? Now that freedom of press is gone I wonder what restraints the puppet masters have put on the mainstream to keep this hush hush.

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

Originally posted by DirekConek
reply to post by Amagnon

Why would technology to clean up oil out of a body of water be classified? What good does classifying this information do? Do you not see that the government isn't out for your welfare but the welfare of their corporate friends? Do you not realize that this step is a step towards totalitarianism? (If your not there already). Does your freedom mean anything to you?

Regardless of what knowledge they might have to protect, they decided to make it illegal to walk close to the spill. They didn't ask people to stay away for health reasons, nope, they are trying to SCARE them off by levying large fines and possible jail time. Why? Thats a valid question i have yet to see answered that will shed a positive light on this move.

If you want to remain ignorant or naive of these questions so be it, please do it quietly.

Why should he do it quietly? Because you don't like him questioning your group paranoia! Like many others here you leap into the great pool of unknown unprovable beliefs. Not one shred of evidence to support all the rantings.

By the way it is illegal to do many things SIMPLY TO PROTECT YOU AND OTHERS FROM YOUR OWN STUPIDITY!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH!!!! No conspiracy, no NWO, no cover up etc etc etc ad nauseaum.

Come to think of it, demanding he stays "quiet" is astonishingly hypocritical considering some of the rantings about what BP supposedly "isn't saying" or the government supposedly "isnt' saying" blah blah blah.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Anderson Cooper is gone? I turned on CNN last night and it wasnt him lol.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
It's under Coast Guard jurisdiction. Check my posts on page 4. No new law has been enacted and congress has not suspened the 1st amendment. But The Cost Guard has opted to use the PORTS AND WATERWAYS SAFETY ACT OF 1972 to restrict access. This could be seen as nefarious, or it could be seen as standard operation procedure.

I'm in the nefarious camp.

Has it been said before in this thread that Rachel Polisch, 'media liaison' for the American Coastguard, also happens to be vice-president of 'Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide'? A pr-office that has BP as their biggest customer?

Source (Dutch)

Are there any laws in US against conflict of interest?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
65feet (20metres) away???

Hasn't anyone heard of a 'zoom lens'.

Princess Diana was snapped by a paparatzi over 1000metres away with a Canon zoom lens.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

56 feet isnt that much ee?
this oil spill gets bigger by the day thus also the area u as a citizen is not allowed 2 enter fact
this is similiar 2 martial law fact
this IS martial law Fact
also how are peopl going 2 hellp cleanup if u cannot go there,fact

but keep it up u r doing great!!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Movhisattva

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
It's under Coast Guard jurisdiction. Check my posts on page 4. No new law has been enacted and congress has not suspened the 1st amendment. But The Cost Guard has opted to use the PORTS AND WATERWAYS SAFETY ACT OF 1972 to restrict access. This could be seen as nefarious, or it could be seen as standard operation procedure.

I'm in the nefarious camp.

Has it been said before in this thread that Rachel Polisch, 'media liaison' for the American Coastguard, also happens to be vice-president of 'Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide'? A pr-office that has BP as their biggest customer?

Source (Dutch)

Are there any laws in US against conflict of interest?

That confims my membership in the "this is nefarious" camp.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yet, if you go to the CNN news site, there is no mention of this on the front page, that I could find. Instead, we are told that the most important story is about Lindsay Lohan in court.

By these means, CNN and other MSM, continue to help the large corporations, by keeping people's attention on the trivial.

CNN - keeping the "C" in Circuses.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

----President Ford

Presidential address to a joint session of Congress (12 August 1974)

That's all I have to say about that....

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join