It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

I need a link to what you are watching...currently I do not see a North or East coordinates with any ROV presently.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Repost due to new page...I think this is quite a significant find:

Great...GOT IT
Ok here is what I did...using the calculator BP Gulf Oil Spill ROV UTM Distance Calculator (thanks to Kratos1220) and using the video from June 13 of the rupture in the sea floor, here is what I came up with and this will be big.

Leak Location/Origin
N: 10431612.89
E: 1202796.25

Location of Viking Poseidon ROV 1 at video below at the time of the rupture:
N - 10431634.45
E - 1202841.86

According to this calculator the Viking Poseidon ROV 1 was "21.56 feet north and 45.61 feet west of the leak point. The ROV was 50.45 feet away from the leak point" at the time the sea floor ruptured in video below.

Screen shot of calculations:

[edit on 17-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This is what I'm watching. Q4000 is the last one that's on from the bottom on the left side.

Indeed on the Viking Poseidon calculations. No one can claim that isn't from the Deepwater Horizon site anymore since it's a mere 50 feet away. Great job!

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Kratos1220]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Those numbers cannot be right...at least the E. and N on the ROV itself....that's impossible for it to be that high. 1,000 miles is too far off and I am not even sure what is 1,000 miles away from the Deepsea Horizon rig. That is very very odd.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
So, the question is this. If those calculations are right, why is BP showing us images from a ROV nearly 1,400 miles away from the Deepwater Horizon well?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
I was reading up on the thread (first one linked below) when westcoast posted on it.
She added a link (second one below) that is very interesting imo.
I hope others can take some time to read this.

UPDATE: Obama Warns America The (OIL) Cap May Be Removed

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=594283

The MOHO; Has BP drilled into it?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would love to hear more opinions on this theory!

Thank you

sl

edit to clarify

[edit on 16-7-2010 by sweetliberty]

Thank you for the mention. I too am hoping that others will read this and give their thoughts. Puterman has added some good info.

I didn't have all the info I do now when I started the thread, so you need to go through the first page or so before it gets more interesting. Lot's of links to papers/articles that support the theory/theories.

We are talking more about Abiotic hydrocarbons, which might be the bigger story, rather than where it's coming from.

Anyways...still waiting to see how this whole capping process pans out. I believe that this is far from over.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos1220
So, the question is this. If those calculations are right, why is BP showing us images from a ROV nearly 1,400 miles away from the Deepwater Horizon well?

Why were we seeing images from the alleged Viking Poseidon 1 yesterday that appeared to be at the Kepler oil field/rig? These are both good questions...and we don't have answers. I suppose if anyone can come up with another rig 1,400 miles away from the Deepwater Horizon then we might be able to piece it together.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Why were we seeing images from the alleged Viking Poseidon 1 yesterday that appeared to be at the Kepler oil field/rig? These are both good questions...and we don't have answers. I suppose if anyone can come up with another rig 1,400 miles away from the Deepwater Horizon then we might be able to piece it together.

It says "Canyon Offshore" at the top. Maybe that's a clue?

According to this site, there are 3858 wells in the Gulf of Mexico. I don't know how many miles the Gulf covers, though. If only there were a way to get a map showing a 1,400 mile radius from the leak point.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Kratos1220]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

It says "Canyon Offshore" at the top. Maybe that's a clue?

It does now lol. Yesterday and the day before it said 'Kepler' something or other...forget the whole phrase. Also showed the Kepler rig underwater...sorry no screen shot for that. But here is a link: Na Kika Oil and Gas Fields, Gulf of Mexico, USA

[edit on 17-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Very strange. Q4000 has been one of the least active ROV's as far as I've seen anyway. If there are 3,858 wells in the Gulf, it could literally be anywhere.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Camera moved...but jesus christ look at this!!! If its an eruption of the seafloor then wow: Olympic Challenger UHD 30

I wish i had a better shot...but all i can say is wow. i mean the floor literally just erupted into a giant plume. Now that the camera moved you only see the lights in front of the ROV from other ROV(s). Funny how its supposed to be monitoring the seafloor but its looking straight into the water now.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Wow, so that's two new cracks? That one is huge. Didn't see it because I was doing something, but I believe you saw a plume. All of a sudden, that thing broke open? Wow.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Wow, so that's two new cracks? That one is huge. Didn't see it because I was doing something, but I believe you saw a plume. All of a sudden, that thing broke open? Wow.

It was pretty incredible if you ask me. I know ROVs plow, but that just literally erupted into a plume. And conveniently now the camera is not pointing there anymore.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The ROV cam is showing part of the platform stuck up in the air while the other side is in the ground. It's inching over, maybe I'll get lucky.

Actually no, doesn't look like the same one now that I get a good look. It only looks in the air because of the angle. Damn, I guess it moved all the way away from the one with the big black crack under it.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Kratos1220]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
BOA DEEP C 2 is currently looking at the base of the well where it goes into the floor, and there is, at the time of this post, a steady stream of bubbles coming from under the sand. Not enough for a screen shot though.

EDIT: The feed died...I find it funny that the cameras either die or switch spots as we post updates on this thread

EDIT: and its back up lol

[edit on 18-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
that's quite the mystery we got going on with the location of the rov......hopefully people can figure this out and on an unrelated matter are there any internet savvy people or people that are oil rig informed how many off shore oil wells are there in the middle east and who owns them? on a separate thread were trying to figure out an issue involving Lebanon and Syria www.abovetopsecret.com... link to that thread sorry if this was too off topic but i figured if any one would know it would be the BP thread! thank you in advance

holy monkey gods thats one heck of a disturbance on the sea floor that dosen't look normal i just saw that picture......terrified

[edit on 18-7-2010 by KilrathiLG]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I still can't believe that pic. The equipment tray sitting there on the sea floor sunk into a hole which ejected a plume of oil. It looks like the ground separated and crumbled in between.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Was watching and grabbed this:

Taken 0903GMT 18/07/2010

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller

Was watching and grabbed this:

Taken 0903GMT 18/07/2010

Was also watching...but I do not know how to grab the video from there and put it on YouTube...if I knew how I would do that more than taking screen shots.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Download the demo of FRAPS:

www.fraps.com...

Its what I use along with Windows Movie Maker which uploads to my YouTube account

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join