It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
reply to post by justadood

I would like a theory then...because i don't know of anything black, aside from oil, that leaks like that. Even the ROV gets covered in it. But please do post what it could be if not that. But I am open minded and am willing to listen. I don't want to be right about this either :-/

There is nothing positive about this at all. If this was just 50 feet from the well, then really the odds are the explosion and crashing down of the rig was the cause of those ruptures.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

Or, all of these "leaks" are normal for the seabed in the Gulf of Mexico.

The cool thing about it is (if there can be anything cool in all of this), with these ROV's deployed, we are actually getting to see something that we would normally not be able to witness!!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I would like a theory then...because i don't know of anything black, aside from oil, that leaks like that. Even the ROV gets covered in it. But please do post what it could be if not that. But I am open minded and am willing to listen. I don't want to be right about this either :-/

There is nothing positive about this at all. If this was just 50 feet from the well, then really the odds are the explosion and crashing down of the rig was the cause of those ruptures.

the odds are? What info do you have to calculate those odds? Do you have video from before the well was drilled, so we know what the sea floor looked like for proper scientific comparison?

that would indeed be helpful for the calculations of those odds.

Like i said, it may indeed be a crude leak caused by the wellhead, or it may be one of the numerous natural leaks that occur throughout the Gulf and the oceans in general.

or it may be the seafloor debris kicked up by and ROV.

so, how are you calculating those odds?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

so the longish black patch that looks like a gash in the sea floor...are you saying it IS a crack or are you saying that it is not ? In your pic it looks like a long crack in the sea floor

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Has anyone else seen the RED FILTERED clip sequences of the BOP camera at Alex Higgins site? With the filter on, you can see mass ejection from below BOP.

I don't know, it may just be heat rising.

I hope I didn't break ATS rules by mentioning the Higgins info - but everyone should take a look.

alexanderhiggins.com

Peace

[edit on 18-7-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

the odds are? What info do you have to calculate those odds? Do you have video from before the well was drilled, so we know what the sea floor looked like for proper scientific comparison?

that would indeed be helpful for the calculations of those odds.

Like i said, it may indeed be a crude leak caused by the wellhead, or it may be one of the numerous natural leaks that occur throughout the Gulf and the oceans in general.

or it may be the seafloor debris kicked up by and ROV.

so, how are you calculating those odds?

Hey, I'm starting to like you JustaDood!!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I just don't trust BP to do right by the citizens who live out that way.

I would be thinking and implementing to show that things are deemed normal safe things that show proceedures working with government media scientific communties.

I would pump a dye that was not toxic into the well to show if there were any leaks developing and leave it for minum a weak to work it's way around and develope base line etc... all the tests information would be made public along with explanations

The first mistake they made was adding toxic dispersint to the oil, The crude oil is nature and does have natural toxic properties in it's natural form it can be cleaned up quite effecienly

My greastest concern would be for people and wildlife, BP has not show any of these concerns and continues with an egotistal veiw in behavior.

This is 2010 I expect better, this is why they have ISO STANDARDS, WHIMSS government agentcies scientific agencies.

The cost factor would be 10x cheaper to effectively clean up this mess by implementing and follow strict proceedures. costs 2x as much to cover hide a mess of this magnitude,

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

It could be a crack I don't know. It also could be were a wire or rope was dragged across the floor. It could be any of those. The Image I refer to is this one:

Not long after that image was taken, I captured the next one which happened in just about the same spot:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I never said it wasn't natural...but it is one HUGE coincidence that this happened 50 feet from the well head...and coincidences are rare, like winning the lottery jackpot rare. Given its close proximity to the well, it is unlikely to be natural. I mean come on...its 50 feet...not 500 or 5,000. in terms of the size of this well, which is massive, it's kinda right next to it.

So yes it *might* be natural, that would be a good thing...but I guess its all up for interpretation.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor001

The cool thing about it is (if there can be anything cool in all of this), with these ROV's deployed, we are actually getting to see something that we would normally not be able to witness!!

Please show your proof that these are all normal in the seabed. I don't know how you can be so sure that they are all natural when no one knows where the natural leaks were in this area before this happened. It seems you are applying a double standard in that if someone thinks it isn't natural, you demand evidence. If someone says it is natural, you question nothing. Why is that exactly?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos1220

Originally posted by matadoor001

Please show your proof that these are all normal in the seabed. I don't know how you can be so sure that they are all natural when no one knows where the natural leaks were in this area before this happened. It seems you are applying a double standard in that if someone thinks it isn't natural, you demand evidence. If someone says it is natural, you question nothing. Why is that exactly?

Here is a brief article on the naturally occurring leaks. Though it does not specify where they are or were prior to or after the Deepwater Horizon incident:

Natural oil seeps: Not proof oil spill worries are overblown

Quote: "The Deepwater Horizon site releases 3 to 12 times the oil per day compared to that released by natural seeps across the entire Gulf of Mexico. By May 30, the Deepwater Horizon site had released between 468,000 and 741,000 barrels of oil, compared to 60,000 to 150,000 barrels from natural seeps across the entire Gulf of Mexico over the same 39 day period." - Cutler Cleveland, Professor in the Department of Geography and Environment at Boston University

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I don't doubt that there are natural leaks like I said, but considering that the sea floor has been damaged in an unnatural way, that at the very least puts natural vs. unnatural in question when it comes to these things. The reason I keep questioning him is because he claimed that because we didn't know or have any video of where natural leaks were in this area that our opinions are just that, opinions which I completely agree with. However, he asks for no video or anything when the opposite is claimed and he takes it as fact that they are natural. At least, that's what it seems like to me.

The pics above that you posted of that small crack which turned into a huge one, IMO, shows a progressive breach. That camera was looking at the same spot all day long and that small crack appeared out of nowhere, then we see it open up later where we see obvious changes in the floor in that area.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Olympic Challenger UHD 31 showing some possible eruptions on the sea floor. Quite active in that spot.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

What site are you watching? I am watching via sanaracreations, and it has been the same old meaningless cams for days - like the one showing the white cylinder thing, been on for 3 days now.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

What site are you watching? I am watching via sanaracreations, and it has been the same old meaningless cams for days - like the one showing the white cylinder thing, been on for 3 days now.

Watching this one: realitycheck.no-ip.info... Olympic Challenger UHD 31. It has either settled down a bit or the ROV moved again. Note how the damn thing isn't even in focus. Benn like that all day.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
There still seems to be some activity there off to the right. Also, Skandi ROV 2 was examining the well head and I saw at least three separate leaks there. Oil and bubbles, but now it's mucking around with something and is too far away to see them. Three definite leaks from the well head though, at least three.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This just in from the BBC -

"... BP's Doug Suttles (L) has become the face of the firm's operation "Right now we don't have a target to return the well to flow," he said, adding: "We're not seeing any problems at this point with the shut-in."

However, pressure within the well is now reported to be lower than expected, raising concerns among scientists that oil could leaking into the surrounding undersea bedrock.

Adm Allen insisted more evidence was needed before making a decision.

"While we are pleased that no oil is currently being released into the Gulf of Mexico and want to take all appropriate action to keep it that way, it is important that all decisions are driven by the science."

The BBC's Laura Trevelyan, in Louisiana, says it is not clear if there is a disagreement between BP and the US government or a difference in emphasis. "

It's the 2nd paragraph about the lower pressure that concerns me...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5senses
This just in from the BBC -

"... BP's Doug Suttles (L) has become the face of the firm's operation "Right now we don't have a target to return the well to flow," he said, adding: "We're not seeing any problems at this point with the shut-in."

However, pressure within the well is now reported to be lower than expected, raising concerns among scientists that oil could leaking into the surrounding undersea bedrock.

Adm Allen insisted more evidence was needed before making a decision.

"While we are pleased that no oil is currently being released into the Gulf of Mexico and want to take all appropriate action to keep it that way, it is important that all decisions are driven by the science."

The BBC's Laura Trevelyan, in Louisiana, says it is not clear if there is a disagreement between BP and the US government or a difference in emphasis. "

It's the 2nd paragraph about the lower pressure that concerns me...

Me too. Since the cap idea was implemented they said over and over again 8,000 PSI or more. It has failed to go above 7,000 PSI last I checked. And now they say "oh not enough pressure in the well..." Uh what? The rig NEVER struck oil prior to the explosion. So if three months of this well leaking was enough for it to lose all that pressure, then this well was a waste of time and would have been try in months if not a year or so in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
On Skandi 2, you can see one of the leaks I was talking about. Focus on the lower right corner and you will see oil and bubbles rising. It continues just above the yellow saucer thing on the right side of the screen. That is a steady leak. The other one is on the left side, but the view is blocked and the third is out of view.

You can see bubbles coming from under the yellow saucer thing just under where that metal cap is hovering.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Kratos1220]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos1220
There still seems to be some activity there off to the right. Also, Skandi ROV 2 was examining the well head and I saw at least three separate leaks there. Oil and bubbles, but now it's mucking around with something and is too far away to see them. Three definite leaks from the well head though, at least three.

Ah yes...I see the Skandi ROV 2 moved to a new spot where bubbles are coming up. This makes 3 spots: the small pipe from yesterday, bubbles on the other side of that tray (where it was just at) and now bubbles in the spot its at now.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil
Thanks!! That is interesting about the red filter.. I wish there was more video.

new topics

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join