It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Q4000 - ROV 1
I see hot spots on here

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Didn't see the orange - its very white smokey now. Just asking what others think - could it be a large plume of dispersant?

Orange- like sulphur, oil or a mix?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tryin2follow

you know how to read those things?

i have no idea what it is saying.

translation?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

What do you mean by hot spots - I just tried that feed and couldn't get it.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

all isee on that feed is the sonar image.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
No. Unfortunately I dont know how to read them or capture video. I saw all of that mess, then on Q4000 - ROV 1 they started monitoring the hot spots I guess? Not sure what that is either, but the bright light mass on the screen looks like a big trouble spot waiting to fully open..

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I thought dispersant when I first saw it as well. I'm a newbie to watching these cams though, so that was the first thing I've caught aside from still water. I saw a greyish brown color, but too light to be oil (I think). What I saw looked identical to steam... but underwater?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
that is now showing a pipe pic. and everything else changed on my screen, some now black.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Didn't see the orange - its very white smokey now. Just asking what others think - could it be a large plume of dispersant?

Orange- like sulphur, oil or a mix?

Like a rust color...almost definitely looked like what was coming out of the well...it was only a brief moment though and by the time the feed was back, it was clear as day.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tryin2follow
No. Unfortunately I dont know how to read them or capture video. I saw all of that mess, then on Q4000 - ROV 1 they started monitoring the hot spots I guess? Not sure what that is either, but the bright light mass on the screen looks like a big trouble spot waiting to fully open..

I don't know how anyone half the time can see what goes on with the screen so scrunched. Even in Windows Media Player its still too small, or too big then is too pixelated.

And as like most times, everything either is looking into darkness, has no lights on or has been staring at the same spot for 3 hours.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Skandi - ROV 2
did they just zoom in on a crack or hole on the BOP itself? whats happening now.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tryin2follow
Skandi - ROV 2
did they just zoom in on a crack or hole on the BOP itself? whats happening now.

They are looking at roughly the same area where the bubbles are coming out from a small pipe and two spots at the bottom where the well head meets the seafloor.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

They've been circling that area for a few minutes now, like they are looking for something. It did linger on one area for quite some time though, that big black spot? It almost looked like it was dirty.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

please stop the fearmongering

a little while ago when I asked an offshore worker of almost 30 years if the test just reaching about 6800 psi and the seabed seepage if it meant the casing was shot and the relief wells won't work I was told the relief wells will probably work and the cement job is probably bad

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAinhabitant

a little while ago when I asked an offshore worker of almost 30 years if the test just reaching about 6800 psi and the seabed seepage if it meant the casing was shot and the relief wells won't work I was told the relief wells will probably work and the cement job is probably bad

No one is fear mongering. We are stating our observations, presenting evidence. At the time he posted that, most of the cameras surveying the seafloor were blacked out by either dust, oil, methane, or sand. I saw it for myself. We all have been (at least those who have been watching them as much as I have).

Also please refer to the last 2 or 3 pages for updates on why this is bad.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Boa Deep C ROV 2 is showing an eruption - it appears.

Others see it?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil

Others see it?

I was watching that too, I hope the ROV is just making a bunch of dirt come up from the bottom and that is not oil, I haven't been watching enough to tell.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAinhabitant

reply to post by LAinhabitant

I wish you would have quoted me so I could explain.

I have no desire to spread fear. I am stating my opinions based on my observations.

I usually say - it appears or it looks like, etc. But I will state my opinion and I welcome you to state yours.

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

Others see it?

I was watching that too, I hope the ROV is just making a bunch of dirt come up from the bottom and that is not oil, I haven't been watching enough to tell.

I really don't think it's the ROV fans but I could be wrong. It just seems to bee blowing up too high. I never saw these disturbances during the last 3 mths.

And why would they just sit there and blow crap in the way of what they're trying to watch? These disturbances last a long time.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Others see it?

saw it for a min. but they moved so the background is dark.

that radar image on q4000 was very disturbing I am convinced they are playing with the cameras now, it seems like chickens with their head cutoff the way they are driving these ROV'

new topics

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join