It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Camera moved...but jesus christ look at this!!! If its an eruption of the seafloor then wow: Olympic Challenger UHD 30

I wish i had a better shot...but all i can say is wow. i mean the floor literally just erupted into a giant plume. Now that the camera moved you only see the lights in front of the ROV from other ROV(s). Funny how its supposed to be monitoring the seafloor but its looking straight into the water now.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

Wow!! The floor sank and that box fell in!!!! Nice grab!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Hi everyone. Great to see the ongoing observations and discussions. Just want to comment on the more recent calculations/discussions about the ROV UTMs and hence the ROVs' apparent true locations. Yesterday in this post on page 82 of this thread, I gave details of the well's Latitude, Longitude and UTMs, as stated by Halliburton's in the internal document they prepared for BP just 2 days before the well blow-out.

I provided the download link to that document within the post.

Could you please check the figures and compare them with the base UTM data from Alex Higgins that you've been using and confirm that they agree? My time is limited this morning otherwise I'd do it myself.

Thanks.

Mike

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I made a copy and added to my collection of images...
morpheastruth.webs.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I do not see the location on page 18....You sure its the right page?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

My apologies... The lat, long, and UTM data are on page 28 of the Halliburton document I referenced, not page 18.

Just like to note that the lat and long figures given by Higgins are slightly at variance with Halliburton's own figures, so I'm not sure what his source was.

Okay, must get back to my work...

Mike

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I just started a thread on the leaks..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7/18/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Fantastic video link Dragon ( bottom page 86), in my humble opinion it kinda shows undeniable proof of oil leaking from the sea floor. I could be wrong though, im no expert, don't know as much as Beyond Prosecution..

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
Was watching and grabbed this:

Jackpot! There you have it, a no-doubt LEAK. So tiny, they should have a constant cam on this to see if it gets worse. Good job

[edit on 18-7-2010 by elcapitano75]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Whoever was watching this....are you saying that the crack just appeared today ? That it wasn't there one minute then was the next ?As in all of a sudden the sea floor collapsed in this area ? IE it's not an old crack.... Did you see any oil coming out ? If no oil (yet) then why would that be....why just a surface crack ? Can we expect this crack to get bigger ?

[edit on 18/7/10 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Olympic challenger Rov 2 just seemed to show a plume of something come up, the rov wasn't moving either. Cant be certain what it was though.....

Its doing it again.....

Cant work out how to upload the screen shot from my desktop, can any one help?

Camera has now moved away, did anyone else see this?

[edit on 18-7-2010 by troye2407]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Here is the timestamp from the post: posted on 7/17/2010 @ 11:51 PM.. I personally didn't see this one happen, I came online about an hour or so later. I believe it just happened before he posted.. his post before that was at 9:00pm.. so between then and 11:51pm.

Note: I have taken a closer look at the capture.. I think it may be an optical illusion.. I believe that there was an eruption from the floor.. but maybe not a collapse.. I think that there is a shadow from the plume that makes it look like it collapsed.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

so you are suggesting that the black patch that looks like a crack in the sea floor could maybe be a shadow....? only way to tell would be to see some video, see if the black patch changes shape....did anyone here record the event ?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Yep.. I can't say for sure.. I wish I was watching.. maybe DragonFire1024 can chime in.. he captured the image.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I've gone back to read the original commentary and the gen seems to be that the floor opened up and that piece of equipment moved and lodged in the cracks...in which case if so the dark patches would be actual cracks, not shadows or oil. One viewer said :

Quote: The equipment tray sitting there on the sea floor sunk into a hole which ejected a plume of oil. It looks like the ground separated and crumbled in between.

Guess we'll have to wait for those that saw it to confirm exactly what occured in more detail

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Yes.. or if the ROVs go back so we can have a better look.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I can see the box thing in the lower left corner of the Olympic Challenger - ROV 2 feed.. if it would just move down and to the left.

Edit: I wish I could stay and watch the feeds.. I got to go get some sleep.. I'll check back later.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
What we need to do as well is make a map of the site area of the floor in a 200 meter radius and position the objests relative to the BOP, eventually you can aquire where everything is located when the ROV goes by it or stops near it.
I'm using real player which also allow for up loading to utube, allows for trimming as well.
how much weight does the basket have that was shifted on the floor?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Olympic challenger Rov 1 and 2 seem to be picking up a lot of turbulence down there right now, when an hour or 2 ago this was pretty still and clear, it seems like it may be sediment from the ocean floor, but this is just a guess. Can anyone verify this?
Its the very place where DragonFire1024 caught the screen shot of the eruption that seemed to sink the yellow cage thing a little and from where the black shadows or cracks on the ocean floor formed. Visibility is pretty bad right now and the water seems very turbulent especially on Rov 1. Great plumes of what seems to be sediment are kicking up, Can someone verify this is in fact sediment, or what is going on? Thanks.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mr20121221

I reckon that thing would have to weigh at least half a ton, but its only a guess.

edit Spelling soz!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
looks like the sea floor is puffing upwards not sure where but its fairly close

new topics

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join