It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Ihave a screen shot of the plume and have a screen shot of the actual cracks next to the yellow cage, they were seeping oil, witnessed by myself and my son, this can clearly been seen.
I need someone to inform me how to upload screen shots so i can get this up, please help someone!!

EDIT for spelling!

EDIT I have the screen shots saved just need instructions on how to upload them......

[edit on 18-7-2010 by troye2407]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I've been following this thread or a while now and want to say that ya'll are pretty terrific and i'm very appreciative of those of you who are so diligent to monitor this situation and post all the screen shots and mini vids of what's going on.

I hope i'm doing this correctly; i'm rather new and haven't worked out all the rules and regs just yet. I found the below while going down a bunny hole on the 'net and would like the opinion of some of you much more knowledgeable folks.

This is the opening post of a discussion on a different site, so if i'm doing something wrong by posting it, please forgive me *and* educate me. It seemed more wrong to copy/paste someone else's info than to just post the link, .... ?

If this report is true .... oh, cr*p? www.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

This was posted on ATS yesterday(?). Looks like it could be a seasonal occurrence.
It does make hurricanes worse. I think there could be some concern about how this one developed so rapidly.

The ATS thread: www.abovetopsecert.com

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by troye2407
Ihave a screen shot of the plume and have a screen shot of the actual cracks next to the yellow cage, they were seeping oil, witnessed by myself and my son, this can clearly been seen.
I need someone to inform me how to upload screen shots so i can get this up, please help someone!!

EDIT for spelling!

EDIT I have the screen shots saved just need instructions on how to upload them......

have you heard from anyone that knows how yet? I want to see the screenshots.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I found this to be an interesting read from Opednews...hope it is okay to mention here....as I'm still new & trying to figure things out....any help is greatly appreciated...this is the name of the article

BP-Halliburton-Transocean-Well is loosing 60% or 9824psi of oil and gas pressure to the strata.Chris Landau(geologist)

Ektar

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Ektar]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by troye2407

Here is a thread with instructions...

abovetopsecret.com

I just click member tools, My Pictures, Upload Picture. Name it then Browse to select your local picture, the path will show up, then click Upload.

Once you upload then you will have to double click the photo - it will open and you will see three boxes - select and copy the path in the bottom one called Enbed on ATS, then paste that path into your post. If you do a preview it should show up.

There may be better ways but I'm new too and still learning.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Whoever was watching this....are you saying that the crack just appeared today ? That it wasn't there one minute then was the next ?As in all of a sudden the sea floor collapsed in this area ? IE it's not an old crack.... Did you see any oil coming out ? If no oil (yet) then why would that be....why just a surface crack ? Can we expect this crack to get bigger ?

[edit on 18/7/10 by cosmicpixie]

I took the screen shot. I don't know if there was oil or if a crack opened or if the box sank...because as usual the camera shunned away as if it was a "nothing to see here" moment. Of course when the event settled, the camera was right back on the spot again.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

ok, thanks. So you know the black patch that was on the 2nd pic posted (the one with the yelloe piece of equipment looking kind of stuck down the crack)...well is that black patch the actual CRACK or just oil/a shadow....? You say the cams have been looking at that spot since the event...so can you see the crack and is it the same as in the pic...wondering as it looks like a pretty big crack

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
i believe that is a shadow
rather than a crack.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Quote from the Oildrum site, as a FYI...

-----------------------------------------------

BP is using a number of types of tests to make sure that no hydrocarbons are escaping from the well bore. The types of tests being used include

Seismic
Sonar
Monitoring by NOAA Pieces
ROV's looking for visual and sonar evidence
Monitoring temperature at the BOP

Regarding monitoring temperature at the blowout preventer (BOP), they would expect to see the temperature to rise, if any hydrocarbons were escaping. The temperature is at a steady 40 degrees, so this is not showing evidence of any escape.

Yesterday, Kent Wells mentioned that some bubbles had been seen. BP has not yet been able to gather samples of these bubbles, but is working on this effort. If these bubbles were methane, they would expect to see methane hydrates forming, but none have been seen so far. So this would seem to be evidence that the bubbles that have been seen are something else.

Mr. Shuttles indicated that really would like to keep the cap on if conditions permit. If it is necessary to take the cap off, oil can be expected to flow into the gulf for up to three days.

Relief Well 1 is now at 17,864 feet. The next step is casing the well, and that will take about a week. After that, they can start drilling--very slowly--the remaining distance. The well intercept is expected to take place about the end of July, but the kill procedure will take until perhaps mid-August.

Edit to add this :

www.bp.com...

Call in and listen to the briefing yourselves..

[edit on 18-7-2010 by matadoor001]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Fantastic video link Dragon ( bottom page 86), in my humble opinion it kinda shows undeniable proof of oil leaking from the sea floor. I could be wrong though, im no expert, don't know as much as Beyond Prosecution..

ive viewed that video too, and i would be interested to know how you come to such a firm conclusion. It doesnt look like much of anything in my opinion, and certainly seems difficult to come to such a firm conclusion.

let us not forget the sea floor does emit crude and methane (quite a lot, actually) on it's own routinely, so we have no idea IF the blurry images are oil, and IF they are, if they are related to the drill site or not.

just sayin...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

The cam is in the same general spot...the first one I posted looks like some kind of depression to the bottom right of the basket. Its definitely a hole, but no idea how big or why it is there. The basket did not sink as previously thought, it appears to have just been the shadow cast at the time of the incident.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by SeesFar

This was posted on ATS yesterday(?). Looks like it could be a seasonal occurrence.
It does make hurricanes worse. I think there could be some concern about how this one developed so rapidly.

The ATS thread: www.abovetopsecert.com

Thank you. My apologies for duplicating the information.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

The calculator tells all. You have the E, N coordinates on the Viking Poseidon ROV 1...plug in the well leak location, then the ROV E, N numbers and there you go. Location location location
I am working on a piece about this for a news article. I contacted BP and surprisingly got a response...not a good one but did get one. As soon as its done and published I will link you to it.

The calculator is here, with the well leak location plugged in already: BP Gulf Oil Spill ROV UTM Distance Calculator

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Fantastic video link Dragon ( bottom page 86), in my humble opinion it kinda shows undeniable proof of oil leaking from the sea floor. I could be wrong though, im no expert, don't know as much as Beyond Prosecution..

ive viewed that video too, and i would be interested to know how you come to such a firm conclusion. It doesnt look like much of anything in my opinion, and certainly seems difficult to come to such a firm conclusion.

let us not forget the sea floor does emit crude and methane (quite a lot, actually) on it's own routinely, so we have no idea IF the blurry images are oil, and IF they are, if they are related to the drill site or not.

just sayin...

If oil plumes and gas from the seafloor are not much of anything, 50-60 feet from the well, then we are all wasting our time with this thread and watching the ROVs

Anyways I am reposting that remark so new people can see:

reply to post by Kratos1220

Great...GOT IT
Ok here is what I did...using the calculator BP Gulf Oil Spill ROV UTM Distance Calculator (thanks to Kratos1220) and using the video from June 13 of the rupture in the sea floor, here is what I came up with and this will be big.

Leak Location/Origin
N: 10431612.89
E: 1202796.25

Location of Viking Poseidon ROV 1 at video below at the time of the rupture:
N - 10431634.45
E - 1202841.86

According to this calculator the Viking Poseidon ROV 1 was "21.56 feet north and 45.61 feet west of the leak point. The ROV was 50.45 feet away from the leak point" at the time the sea floor ruptured in video below.

Screen shot of calculations:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

"If oil plumes and gas from the seafloor are not much of anything, 50-60 feet from the well, then we are all wasting our time with this thread and watching the ROVs"

You said it, I didn't!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
ust to be clear, dragonfire... im not questioning your long and lat co-ordinates.

i'm just not positive that i am viewing video of the sea floor exploding.

i dont know how you are all so positive.

it seems like it could be quite a few different things.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

I would like a theory then...because i don't know of anything black, aside from oil, that leaks like that. Even the ROV gets covered in it. But please do post what it could be if not that. But I am open minded and am willing to listen. I don't want to be right about this either :-/

There is nothing positive about this at all. If this was just 50 feet from the well, then really the odds are the explosion and crashing down of the rig was the cause of those ruptures.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Thanks Dragonfire! I had inquired about those figures yesterday & didn't get replies. Another question regarding the LAT & LONG's we're to see if the cameras that were showing footage of the BOP were actually the Deep Horizon BOP or a different well. I didn't know how to calculate the figures myself & I was just going to ask when I saw your post.

GREAT JOB!!

Ektar

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Thanks for the followup on the image!

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join