It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I don't trust any MSM.. you got to do more research on anything that is reported by them. Fox is way too right for my taste, but sometimes they report on stuff that the others don't... I usually only watch Fox news if it's not political.

[edit on 7/17/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just in case you didn't see my other post.. the BP1/Viking1 ROV is back in the water.. I think it is almost all the way down.. I think it maybe is going to start surveying the floor again.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Ahh, c'mon matadoor. I understand what you're saying, but what is happening and has been happening in the Gulf of Mexico is most definitely not natural. Sure, some seepage is natural and I think we all know that, but to just assume that it all is under these circumstances kinda reeks of "nothing to see here" rhetoric. While we have been pointing out droplets in videos and screenshots, we were also seeing explosive plumes which even caused a few ROV's to have to retreat to the surface. It's easy, especially for BP, to just say 'Well, all that is natural. We had nothing to do with it." I just don't believe that is the case. An ugly "blemish" in the sea floor that caused an explosive blowout is not natural. Seepage and explosive plumes are two different things. Under unnatural stresses and circumstances, I don't think you can just say every drop and plume of oil is natural at this point. We know there is natural seepage, but this situation is most definitely not natural.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
reply to post by Misfit

I think Dragon was more refering to the fact that surly its better to repare where the leak is coming from rather than just stick something in the end of it. If your tap (farcet) leaks, fix it do not just stick a cork in the end!

well, i probably would.

but thats why they dont let me operate an ROV.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor001

Lets not get too carried away with the whole '47% is Natural' Line, maybe the case normally but certainly not the case now. Natural 'Seepage' now probably account for only 5% of the oil floating around the Gulf. 2 wrongs do not make a right, keep quoting figures about natural seepage and natural gases etc. is pointless. In an ideal, Non BP world I am sure that the ecosystem can cope with these naturally released quantities, the point at the moment is that an unknown quantity of crude oil and thousands of cubic meters of Methane have been released in the ecosystem by a bunch of clowns that couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery - evidently.

I just don't get why we keep getting told what this and that percentage is natural, I don't care about natural - after all its natural. I am concerned/worried/pissed off with what BP have done and hence why I am here.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Lets not get too carried away with the whole '47% is Natural' Line, maybe the case normally but certainly not the case now. Natural 'Seepage' now probably account for only 5% of the oil floating around the Gulf. 2 wrongs do not make a right, keep quoting figures about natural seepage and natural gases etc. is pointless. In an ideal, Non BP world I am sure that the ecosystem can cope with these naturally released quantities, the point at the moment is that an unknown quantity of crude oil and thousands of cubic meters of Methane have been released in the ecosystem by a bunch of clowns that couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery - evidently.

I just don't get why we keep getting told what this and that percentage is natural, I don't care about natural - after all its natural. I am concerned/worried/pissed off with what BP have done and hence why I am here.

Also lets say for a moment this seepage we see is natural. Why would anyone, in their right or wrong minds, build one of the deepest oil rigs in the world on top of a portion of the sea floor which is clearly and incredibly unstable? Assuming that seepage is all natural, then we can easily say that the explosion and most certainly the settling of the entire rig on the Gulf floor certainly weakened the sea floor, by what some have been saying since June, "beyond repair."

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

Sorry, prove that the seepage that is being shown is NOT a natural occurrence. Show me footage of the same site, before the well. Compare it to today.

Without this data, everything here is completely subjective.

Conclusions, without data, are not conclusions.

They are OPINIONS.

Not FACTS.

Read that Oildrum site, and see what the people who really know this crap, are saying.

Some are flailing their arms in complete panic. While most of the real scientists that know this stuff, are saying that most of what is happening is completely normal.

In my "normal" line of work, I manage people that are experts in their areas. I have learned over the years to trust these types of experts, since they know their fields far better than I do.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Also lets say for a moment this seepage we see is natural. Why would anyone, in their right or wrong minds, build one of the deepest oil rigs in the world on top of a portion of the sea floor which is clearly and incredibly unstable? Assuming that seepage is all natural, then we can easily say that the explosion and most certainly the settling of the entire rig on the Gulf floor certainly weakened the sea floor, by what some have been saying since June, "beyond repair."

They should not do so, and in fact this particular incident will keep them from doing so far into the future, in my opinion.

But, I think that we are finding out that this area isn't as unstable as believed, because the pressures that are being presented, are far lower than "expected". I had read that someone quoted 50,000 PSI to 100,000 PSI. REad on that Oildrum site, and several threads explain that these reports came from some radicals in their own ranks. They were dupped themselves.

Trust me, I was with your way of thinking, then continued to expand my knowledge. I have learned much over the past several weeks, and I can tell you this, I would NEVER be in this line of work.

I mean crap, "hey look what I found, a GREAT oil deposit let's drill into it".

--DRILL--DRILL--DRILL--

BLAM. There goes humanity. Dogs and cats living together-- MASS HYSTERIA!!!

No thanks..

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Fair enough. I assume by your comments that the people over on that site have video of the site before the oil rig was drilled and have proof that it's natural?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Sorry...I don't by this whole pressure theory. A few reasons why: 1) this device was made specifically for this well and incident and has NEVER been used anywhere before and has NEVER been tested. Not even a dry run in a test facility. I don't believe that anything would work if they never built it before never tested it and never did a dry run. As BP said before over and over again, and its in all the news outlets and what not, unless the pressure get to or exceeds 8,000 PSI its is NOT working....and so far it is not there yet.

They also have yet to take any of the oil from this thing and pump it to ships...so where is all this excess oil going that was previously gushing? The well doesn't just "stop" because it has a cap on. You cannot tell me that that little bit of oil that leaked from the well, compared to what is still down down there, made any bit of difference in the pressure of the well. They didn't even strike oil essentially when the thing blew up. If there is that small amount of pressure from the well then theoretically it would be done with in another few months to a year and be dry. That is absurd.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

yes they did test it at a facility goolgle testing deep sea pressures facilities,

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr20121221

yes they did test it at a facility goolgle testing deep sea pressures facilities,

This particular cap again designed specifically for this incident and well, has NOT been tested prior to them placing it on the well. This thing was not even supposed to be put on there until August. It was designed, built, put on a boat and was brought straight to the scene and placed on the well.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The pipe that Skandi was trying to plug up was fine for awhile, but is now leaking gas again every minute or so. Also, there seems to be bigger gas bubbles coming from the pipe/area above that. Just watch for awhile.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos1220
The pipe that Skandi was trying to plug up was fine for awhile, but is now leaking gas again every minute or so. Also, there seems to be bigger gas bubbles coming from the pipe/area above that. Just watch for awhile.

I noticed that too. I also think a puff of oil comes out following the bubbles...every so little it seems. The bubbles when they do come out, look to be increasing in size.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yeah they do. Do you see the second place the bubbles are burping out? To the right of where that white tube connects to the rig above. Those bubbles are huge and don't appear to be the same ones coming from the mud-filled pipe.

It does seem like a small amount of oil is seeping out of there even when no bubbles are present, but it's a very small amount. It seems like the rig is slowly wearing down from the pressure.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Kratos1220]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos1220
Yeah they do. Do you see the second place the bubbles are burping out? To the right of where that white tube connects to the rig above. Those bubbles are huge and don't appear to be the same ones coming from the mud-filled pipe.

That second place you say, they are the same bubbles, traveling under that yellow plate(covered in oil), but they do show up closer to the camera I would say, hence bigger.

Still, theres something going out...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
You folks can enjoy wasting your life watching the water boil.

It's apparent that you also care nothing about facts.

All you want to do, is continue to stew over the same conspiracy theories, and not EDUCATE yourselves.

To answer one post asking if the Oildrum site has videos, no it does not. It DOES though, have people who do this job every day, in every environment, with opinions that people should listen to.

Do something that you are not used to.

Learn something.

And maybe listen to people who know the aspects of the incident that comes up.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Oh, I see. So, if you're an expert, you can make facts out of opinions? Everyone else needs the video though? Experts and scientists have been wrong before and I'm sure they will be many times over again. I'm not saying my opinion is fact, it's just my opinion. You said it yourself, opinions without facts are just opinions. No video, no facts, just opinions. From experts, yes, but still just opinions.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Juanxlink

Yeah, I see that now. It was just weird that the secondary bubbles were so much bigger than the originals and seem much higher in numbers.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
19 Mar 2010 ... The deepwater ocean simulator is capable of attaining pressures of ... The facility includes two bridge cranes with three overhead .... This still image from a live BP video feed shows apparently no oil leaking in the ...
I took this form there web site, It hints that testing was done, most things are that are ASME They could have tested on the way there as well. I have done that before

I sent them an email and inquired

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join